PDA

View Full Version : Miserable little shits!!!

Motu
26th October 2003, 17:08
Had my van broken into today while I took my boys to MOTAT.A quick grab of a few things - a bag, tools,CD car kit,a book,but left me my competion license and umbrella.Nothing too precious to me or irreplacable,but still about $400 worth - I'm glad I didn't see them walking around with any of my stuff cause I woulda run the pricks down and then backed over them again! shit,I'm wild!

My daughter had her car broken into last week and lost her CD player and CDs,plus some clothes and stuff - her car was alarmed and in a patroled parking area.

I hope someone walks into work trying to sell me some tools - I've been planning some ways to settle the matter for good!

What?
26th October 2003, 18:52
Might I suggest fingernail removal with an impact driver?

k14
26th October 2003, 20:37
May you enlighten me as to how one would remove one's fingernails with an impact driver?

750Y
26th October 2003, 20:44
Originally posted by k14
May you enlighten me as to how one would remove one's fingernails with an impact driver?

trial & error, one would imagine. 8-)

wkid_one
26th October 2003, 21:19
so long as it hurts - does it really matter if one was actually successful in removing said fingernails?

Marmoot
26th October 2003, 21:19
The government should give really harsh punishment for petty crime to deter people from getting into crime!

In my country, you'd be luckier to get caught by the police for murder than to get caught by the people for stealing. Some of them get beaten to death or burned alive due to the mass being riotous that even the police couldn't control. People already getting fed up with the amount of petty crime happening.

As I have said in other topics, it would take me a helluva self-control not to beat somebody up if I caught him stealing my things!

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

wkid_one
26th October 2003, 21:22
Isn't your country NZ - if only that happened here

Jackrat
27th October 2003, 07:47
Sorry to hear about your loss Motu,Yeah Iv,e had the same thing happen,it wasn,t the value so much as the feeling of hopeless ness that some cunt was in me wagon.Half an hour with a gas torch is all I ask,oh yeah an a half kg of salt an a blunt razor blade,:angry2:
Cheers dude.

merv
27th October 2003, 07:55
.... but the Police only worry about you going too fast!!

Burglary doesn't seem to rate with them.

bikerboy
27th October 2003, 08:53
I hate to say it but it'sd our own fault.

We complain, but we must, and this includes includes me as I'm no better, write to the gov't, MPs, etc. We must keep hounding them that our priorities are different than theirs!:argh:

SPman
27th October 2003, 10:52
Well, if I caught the shits who broke into the van, in Milford Mall carpark, outside,  and removed a 16cfm compressor and $5000 worth of power tools, as I told the cops, I'd see to their hands with a hammer so they wouldnt be picking ANYTHING up, for some considerable time!

He wasn't amused.....don'no why?:(:confused:

750Y
27th October 2003, 12:45
over 40% of violent offenders have previous dishonesty related convictions. Seems to me that there's a 40%+ chance of the theives that got into Motu's vehicle hurting someone in the future. Some parents need to step up, as children are starting at around 9 to rip into vehicles as well as drugs.
just move on Motu(been there too) or get a matlock from South Africa which is basically a gin trap disguised as a rubber floormat & it's chained to the chassis. 100% success rate and offenders are usually happy to see the cops cos they can get their foot back. 8-)

Motu
27th October 2003, 14:02
I'd unload a lot of the stuff in a backpack to take into MOTAT,I'd left the CD player at home,put in my camera and PDA,phone and a few other items - the rest I put in the glove box.Oh,for hindsight eh.The tools lost were the ones I use on bikes,keep them in the van for when I go on a trial,transfer to a pack for a road ride.

Went for a short ride today (220km,up to Port Albert) but felt nackid wivout my tools - stopped into Motomail to pick up something to make myself happy...and they were closed!

Nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts to cut someone up with a razor or cover them up in duct tape and go for a long drive at night!

Motu
27th October 2003, 14:06
Oh - they missed the bottle of whiskey :shit: :D

Marmoot
27th October 2003, 16:19
Wkid: nope, I was talking about Indonesia

The cops do beat the fingers of caught pickpokets using metal ruller, but that is nothing compared to being beaten or stoned to death by the people outside the cop station.

And, that was true as stated in NZHerald a few days ago, petty crime offenders do have a very big chance to evolve into violent offender in later days.

What?
27th October 2003, 18:51
Originally posted by k14

With glee, mate, with glee. And a pair of earmuffs.

Lou Girardin
28th October 2003, 09:10
There is NO money in catching thieves. Just takes up police time that could be spent in more profitable areas.
Lou

Marmoot
28th October 2003, 13:41
That's what p1$$es me off.....:o

Motu
10th November 2003, 12:03
They hit me again last night - this morning I found a window forced open and the drivers door open - just took my sunglasses and digital Oxford clock that goes on the bike.Anyone got a starving black dog that needs a place to sleep? not really worth putting an alarm on this thing,it's just my workshop hack and bike transporter.

I didn't get back to Auckland till 9 o'clock last night - with 2 bikes and all my gear in the back.I normaly keep the bikes at work - clean and do maintanence,but thought I might just go home and unload them in the morning.But hey,I go right past my workshop and it only takes 15min to unload ,so I did.Coulda lost a bit more than my sunnies and a clock eh?

750Y
10th November 2003, 12:50
mate, not again? i can't believe it(well...I can, but still...)
you deserve a beer, make that a couple.

scumdog
10th November 2003, 13:08
Sorry to hear about your loss Motu, they probably sold the stuff for 1/20th its true value for a bit of dack.
My opinion is that these guys are already on a benefit of some sort and likely to remain there, - if you ever catch someone ripping off you car/house why not ensure they stay on the benefit? put there hands in the hinge end of an open car door and slam (at least 2-3 times), since the c*** was not working in the first place he won't be missing much except the ability to wipe his arse for a month or two and look at the drop in crime rate!!!

wkid_one
10th November 2003, 13:15
Fuck wits......

Hook the body of the van up to mains supply to give them a real treat next time they try??  Or get some large industrial flash bulbs and rig them to the door to scare the shit out of them.....or camp out all night every night until they do it again, and beat the living fucken shit out of them.....really our options are limited against this shit.

You could rig a shit little alarm yourself with a siren so the circuit closes when the door opens - wouldn't take more than 20 minutes........

Coldkiwi
10th November 2003, 13:55
Get a big black dog Motu. There seem to be plenty around that will bark like the Hound of the Baskervilles if you look at them funny but when you know them, they make Lassy look like Mike Tyson. Good for the kiddies and excellent for detering cowardly thieving convict punks after loose gear to steal. Also probably the best sort of burglar alarm available!

Marmoot
10th November 2003, 14:08
Someone broke into my house 2 days ago...my mate caught him skulking in the hallway in front of my room. Saying "ah, wrong address" he just walked outside. We can't beat him up coz it's ILLEGAL.....in US he might have been shot!

anyway, I heard if a thief can get into your stuff, he'll try again in a few days since he already know how to get in and most likely the missing stuffs would've been replaced with something new and juicy. Be allert, motu. They might just come back again and you can have some fun (just don't forget the ILLEGAL stuffs)....stupid law.......

750Y
10th November 2003, 21:10
Originally posted by Marmoot
Someone broke into my house 2 days ago...my mate caught him skulking in the hallway in front of my room. Saying "ah, wrong address" he just walked outside. We can't beat him up coz it's ILLEGAL.....

wtf???

Al
10th November 2003, 22:33
Best thing to do is hurt the fuckwit/s badly, load them into your cage, drop them off somewhere far away...... If cops do question you, answer with: "huh? I know nothing about them!"

Motu
11th November 2003, 06:44
I kinda like the idea of wiring up to the mains - but how would I explain all the dead cats to the neighbours? Be fun to watch that tom cat spray my wheels though - he'd launch like a friggin VMax!

Lou Girardin
11th November 2003, 07:14
If you beat the crap out of him, called the cops and they just happened to find his fingerprints on one of your kitchen knives. Where's the problem?
Lou

scumdog
11th November 2003, 08:51
Of course once you finished giving them a little 'makeover' you tell them next time you catch them you won't be so gentle :)
Broken fingers is good - you'll know it's them for a few weeks when you see them in town and learns to recognise them:D

Coldkiwi
11th November 2003, 11:21
I've heard the the boys in Blue take a similar line with rough blokes. "Sorry judge, he tripped on the pavement as we were loading him into the van". If they did get to your house and found a burglar trussed with a few broken ribs after a scuffle they wouldn't be fazed I don't think. Burns from an iron or fingernails removed may be a different matter though.

Marmoot
11th November 2003, 15:51
Geez, how can I be that stupid. Thank's for all the ideas, guys....
:eek: :eek: :eek:

(can someone find a good excuse to the plod for using a flamethrower?)

SPman
11th November 2003, 16:30
Originally posted by Marmoot

(can someone find a good excuse to the plod for using a flamethrower?)

Umm......." I just happened to be burning off some weeds, yer 'onor, when I noticed something strange going on in the house and..........:Oops:!"       :D

georgedubyabush
11th November 2003, 19:58
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
I've heard the the boys in Blue take a similar line with rough blokes

A phone book beating works wonders without leaving a mark, or so a guy I know told me after his night spent on a ride-along in South Auckland (potential recruit.) Big Islander trashes cell... 4 cops with phone books enter... cops leave cell with big Islander blubbering like a baby but very well behaved.

MadDuck
11th November 2003, 20:14
Spare a thought for the dude from Northland at the moment in court for shooting the guys who were in the process of stealing his farm bike (Ok so it wasnt a decent bike)...damn thing was half way on their truck!

If I had a gun and saw that well.....:cool:

Does anyone remember a few years a go a guy shot (and killed) an intruder outside his house Panmure and he got a light sentence if I remember right.

The law is an ass I say:argh:

wkid_one
11th November 2003, 20:28
Originally posted by georgedubyabush
A phone book beating works wonders without leaving a mark, or so a guy I know told me after his night spent on a ride-along in South Auckland (potential recruit.) Big Islander trashes cell... 4 cops with phone books enter... cops leave cell with big Islander blubbering like a baby but very well behaved.

Sounds like a nice 'urban myth' to me.

I am sorry - gun and intruder in my house equals need for body bag - fuck the consequences

georgedubyabush
11th November 2003, 20:38
Originally posted by wkid_one
Sounds like a nice 'urban myth' to me.

If it is, I fell for it then when he told me. He was my boss and generally not a Bullshit Artist.

Nouseforaname
11th November 2003, 20:59
yeh i know someone who got broken down by the police with a phone book, hands in cuffs behind his back and proceded to unleash, but hey, my mate deserved it:D

Just one thing though, how do you trash a cell?

georgedubyabush
11th November 2003, 21:01
Originally posted by Nouseforaname
yeh i know someone who got broken down by the police with a phone book, hands in cuffs behind his back and proceded to unleash, but hey, my mate deserved it:D

Just one thing though, how do you trash a cell?

How does smearing your own shit around sound?

Lou Girardin
12th November 2003, 07:23
If you do shoot someone in your house, make a proper job of it. You don't need a 'he said, I said' situation.
On the subject of burglars, my brother got burgled recently. Among other things, they stole his TV that died the week before.
I hope it was stolen to order for one of their homicidal mates.
Lou

jrandom
12th November 2003, 09:54
Originally posted by Lou Girardin
If you do shoot someone in your house, make a proper job of it. You don't need a 'he said, I said' situation.

Ho yuss.

Far as I remember there's a legal doctrine of 'no excessive force in self defense'. Which is quite restrictive compared to some other countries (but at least you're not going to go bankrupt with the resultant legal fees from a self-defense incident, like you would if you were in the good ol' US of A!)

The 'self-defense' part is what the chap who shot the thief missed. It wasn't self-defense 'cause the guys were running away at the time. I suppose he should have just let them take his quadbike then, eh? :angry2:

However if you can reasonably claim that the dead thug in your kitchen with a couple of 12-gauge-slug sized holes through his torso was running at you with that carving knife lying next to him and you happened to be have your Mossberg out when you heard him coming (since under normal circumstances it's stored securely of course yer 'onour) ... and it was just you and the shotgun between him and your sleeping kids... things might be looking more hopeful when you get to court.

Motoracer
26th November 2003, 08:19
Not long after the scooter thing I got done again yesterday evening. Me and my friend were rollerblading in Cornwall park in 1 tree hill at about 18:00, so I parked my van in the carpark inside the park.

We were away for 50mins and when we came back, the window was smashed, her nice shoes, CDs and My CDs, CD player were all taken. I had hidden all of it in the glove box so they were all out of sight.

I use to like the sence of security of owning old crapy things (1988 Rusty Ford Ecovan) but after yesterday even thats gone now. All my things can be replaced with not a lot of money but I feel really bad because her shoes can't be replaced in NZ and she had a really big collection of CDs. The music she listens to is similar to the likeings of a 50 year old, so the thieves would end up chucking them away afterwards anyway. But they were special to her and very hard to replace. This sort of shit really ruins a good time...

I took the van to Auckland central to see if they could do anything but all he said was "I am very sorry but we just do not have the resourses for finger printing every case we get". Frustrating really, all you can do is move on. I think I will definetly get theft insurance now, even for my old crapy possesions.

What?
26th November 2003, 08:25
Yeah - insurance is a must. You gotta feel for the guy up north who shot at the mongrels stealing his quad, though. Apparently it was his third one to go walkabout and his insurance company no longer wanted to know.:angry2: 

Motu
26th November 2003, 19:25
Insurance is worth squat for most of the stuff nicked from cars - like what are thay going to value her CDs at? You're hard pressed to get up to the value of the the excess.Knowing that they don't have any idea as to the worth of what they stole and will probably toss it or give it to a mate makes me feel....um dunno,kinda sad for them really.But I'm not gunna cry if they're still alive with 3 broken legs.

amylou
9th June 2004, 15:42
Had my van broken into today while I took my boys to MOTAT.A quick grab of a few things - a bag, tools,CD car kit,a book,but left me my competion license and umbrella.Nothing too precious to me or irreplacable,but still about $400 worth - I'm glad I didn't see them walking around with any of my stuff cause I woulda run the pricks down and then backed over them again! shit,I'm wild!

My daughter had her car broken into last week and lost her CD player and CDs,plus some clothes and stuff - her car was alarmed and in a patroled parking area.

I hope someone walks into work trying to sell me some tools - I've been planning some ways to settle the matter for good!

will people ever stop??
suppose if they know they can get away with it ! there should definately be harsher punishments for theifs

danb
9th June 2004, 21:19
will people ever stop??
suppose if they know they can get away with it ! there should definately be harsher punishments for theifs

WHO the hell dug this old topic up hmmmm