PDA

View Full Version : North Island: Paeroa races?

jeffscycle
30th September 2009, 10:35
Hello y'all,
I'm new here to this web site, and am still finding my way around. But what really brings me here is to find out about the Paeroa "battle of the street races", are they still on for February, as all I can find out on the web is last years stuff. I'll be working in Antarctica this "summer" season & will be travaling around NZ in February. So I would highly apprieciate any & all info on the Paeroa races or maybe other races going on this next February.
Thanks again...Jeff, Montana USA

MSTRS
30th September 2009, 10:46
Paeroa Battle of the Streets is held in February every year, in the early 20s.
It's one of the few street races still held in this country, and a 'must', if you are into motorcycle racing...either doing or watching.

Gremlin
30th September 2009, 12:41
Paeroa BOTS is on 21 February 2010

Zuki lover
1st October 2009, 19:22
Guess you gotta start planning for these things now aye :eek5:

cave weta
7th February 2010, 10:37
Brownys Brewery and motorcycle museum is on SH2 between Katikati and Tauranga see thread elsewhere

Browny is offering free overnight camping Friday and Saturday night for the Paeroa Battle of the Streets.
there are toilets, showers, big screen TV, the bar , food ,Security for your bikes - just bring your camping gear. he is doing a bikers big breakfast for $6.00 each both mornings. well worth it !

CookMySock
20th February 2010, 06:57
Bump!

What is the motorcycle parking situation at this event for bikes entering the area from waihi side?

Looks like we have somewhat of a group ride coming up from Whakatane on sunday morning, including a couple of lady riders. (Anyone welcome to join - pace will be moderate-to-quick, but mostly legal.)

Steve

Maha
20th February 2010, 08:10
There are free buses leaving every half hour on the hour from Waihi, you have to park there, if you know what I mean.

CookMySock
20th February 2010, 09:49
There are free buses leaving every half hour on the hour from Waihi, you have to park there, if you know what I mean.There is no motor vehicle (of any type) parking whatsoever in the town of Paeroa during the event?

Steve

Toffee
20th February 2010, 09:55
Bump!

What is the motorcycle parking situation at this event for bikes entering the area from waihi side?

Looks like we have somewhat of a group ride coming up from Whakatane on sunday morning, including a couple of lady riders. (Anyone welcome to join - pace will be moderate-to-quick, but mostly legal.)

Steve

Last year there was a heap of free motorcycle parking on the domain next to the river and adjacent to the course. From Waihi - go past the pub and it's the first left - there were marshalls directing you in. You had to ride over a small steepish grass bank but there was every type of bike imaginable there. Spent a bit of time just wandering through the bike parking having a look. Having to take the car this year, too many kids wanting to go, car parking looked tricky last year

Maha
20th February 2010, 09:58
There is no motor vehicle (of any type) parking whatsoever in the town of Paeroa during the event?

Steve

I was taking the piss (yet again) there is a heap parking for bikes, just follow the directions of the directer people.

Toffee
20th February 2010, 10:00
From the Website...

PARKING
Free parking is available at the Domain (off King St), the Soccer Fields (on Rotokohu Rd) and West Rugby Club Rooms. Motorbike parking is available on the Stop bank or at the Railway Reserve.

I think I was on the Stop Bank??

CookMySock
20th February 2010, 10:05
Thanks fellas. I missed those parking instructions from the website. Hope this clears it up for others as well.

Steve

Ryda
20th February 2010, 15:13
I cant find any forum as to where to meet for the ride to paeroa?

Maha
20th February 2010, 15:26
I guess most are making their way down with mates etc.
Some will already be there, Saturday night prior to race day in Paeroa is a shit load of fun.

I know of some that are leaving around 6.30 am, personally I will still be asleep at that time, we are getting away at 8.30.

CookMySock
20th February 2010, 15:30
We have a small group getting away in the eastern bay of plenty at around 7.30am. Meet at Shell Edgecumbe to depart 7.30am.

Steve

Tink
20th February 2010, 18:00
We have a small group getting away in the eastern bay of plenty at around 7.30am. Meet at Shell Edgecumbe to depart 7.30am.

Steve

Heh Steve, any idea if they have places where you can store your gear at all?

YLWDUC
20th February 2010, 18:24
Some of the locals may be offering a park and gear sort of service. I'm hoping to catch up with Navy on the way down, they are staying at an uncles place near the pit area. Not too helpful I know, sorry

wynw
20th February 2010, 18:38
local rugby club normally offers secure strage for a small fee

CookMySock
20th February 2010, 19:32
Heh Steve, any idea if they have places where you can store your gear at all?Hi Miss, I heard there were a few "rubbish bag" vendors who stored all your stuff safely, but we have a car in our group, so we will hiff all our junk in there.

Hope you have a fun day. :niceone:

Steve