PDA

View Full Version : Honda CB1100 at 2010 Tokyo Show

nudemetalz
1st October 2009, 08:10
Finally, confirmed as a reality. Rather nice, wouldn't you say !!
Hints of GB400/500 in the styling, IMO.

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/09/honda-cb1100-to-be-unveiled-at-tokyo.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/turbo_NZ/cb11001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/turbo_NZ/cb11002.jpg

YellowDog
1st October 2009, 08:15
Not sure about the front headlamp cowl. Looks a bit 'Givi' to me.

IMO: That will take the GSX1400 market when they stop selling it (quite soon).

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/GSX/GSX1400/2006_GSX1400_black2_800.jpg

nudemetalz
1st October 2009, 08:23
I was thinking the cowl looked a little Mk1 LeMans to me.

BMWST?
1st October 2009, 09:00
i have never owned a suzuki,and dont intend to. However if faced with a choice between these two bikes it would be the S bike

vifferman
1st October 2009, 09:06
Looks like someone at Honda still has a hankering for the horrible 'Comstar' wheels, which this bikes wheels are very reminiscent of.

You didn't post a pic of some of the other bikes to be featured at the show (http://world.honda.com/news/2009/c090930Tokyo-Motor-Show-2009/), like this version of the CB1100:

http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2009/image/top/top03.jpg

Or the VFR1200F (this one of the 'ST" version may be a horrible mockup - PLEASE let it be a fake!):
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/257676/VFR1200ST.jpg

nudemetalz
1st October 2009, 09:21
Dang,...that new VFR is UUUUGGGGLLLYYY !!!!!!!!!

R6_kid
1st October 2009, 09:30
Hmm, I wonder if they've gone to 17inch wheels or stuck with 18's. Also is that ABS on the rear or maybe a speedo pickup?

The Pastor
1st October 2009, 09:50
if only they made it a v twin!

ukusa
1st October 2009, 09:56
Dang,...that new VFR is UUUUGGGGLLLYYY !!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree with that statement, what were they thinking with that fairing!!!

vifferman
1st October 2009, 10:01
Hmm, I wonder if they've gone to 17inch wheels or stuck with 18's. Also is that ABS on the rear or maybe a speedo pickup?
On the CB? It's not ABS - there's no ABS rotor on the front.
The VFR will have the E-DCBS+ABS system.

Swoop
1st October 2009, 10:08
Or the VFR1200F (this one of the 'ST" version may be a horrible mockup - PLEASE let it be a fake!
Fuck me, that is horrible.
Truly horrible.

The only glimmer of hope, is that they appear to have toned down the uglyness of the exhaust.

vifferman
1st October 2009, 10:31
Fuck me, that is horrible.
Truly horrible.

The only glimmer of hope, is that they appear to have toned down the uglyness of the exhaust.
The GWC (Giant Whale Cock)?:crazy:

Don't worry - as I said, the picture is of the ST model (or perhaps only yet another MCN mockup) and in any case, the reputed price for the new VFR1200 is around US$20k, so they'll just become window-dressing in the dealer's showrooms.

Swoop
1st October 2009, 10:41
The GWC (Giant Whale Cock)?:crazy:

Don't worry - as I said, the picture is of the ST model (or perhaps only yet another MCN mockup) and in any case, the reputed price for the new VFR1200 is around US$20k, so they'll just become window-dressing in the dealer's showrooms.
Yup, the GWC...:puke:

All of that technology will not be cheap. I guess other brands of bike will do well if owners cannot afford the new toy.

Indiana_Jones
1st October 2009, 11:33
Loving the old school look :)

-Indy

AllanB
1st October 2009, 11:41
I quite like it. I also like the wheels.

It looks a lot 'lighter' and more nimble than the fat Suzuki.

Will it sell well? - depends on the price in NZ.

AllanB
1st October 2009, 14:11
Hmmm on my third revisit of the images something is not quite right ....... I'm thinking it is almost too, well, ahem, "nice" looking.

It's missing a bit of rough or attitude ..... maybe it has a kick arse power surge at 6000 or something, or the muffler cores open up and it becomes rowdy .......

Meh, nothing a few hours in the shed could not fix :2thumbsup

VFR1200 picture .......

Interesting - they appear to have taken the CBR1000 fairing and given it a huge erection so it protrudes out the front like a school boys pants in a strip club.

vifferman
1st October 2009, 14:18
Hmmm on my third revisit of the images something is not quite right ....... I'm thinking it is almost too, well, ahem, "nice" looking.
You talking about the CB?
If so, you're right. Dunno what it is - the engine looks OK, the shapes are alright, but somehow it looks too civlised.
The wheels, perhaps?
Colour? Maybe if it was all black it would look more betterer...

nudemetalz
1st October 2009, 14:24
They going with their '60's race colours by the looks, complete with the wing badge.
I reckon it needs some 4 into 4's.

SPman
1st October 2009, 14:29
The fairing "hides" a deformable structure designed to assist riders in the event of a collision.
Feck, it's horrible.
The CB1100 is sorta...new...but it's old....but it's.........nothing much.........

BMWST?
1st October 2009, 14:50
The fairing "hides" a deformable structure designed to assist riders in the event of a collision.
Feck, it's horrible.
The CB1100 is sorta...new...but it's old....but it's.........nothing much.........

it is ..its AWFUL..looks like they were instructed to use all the bits left over from parts bins,and to use shapes that refer back to 80s bikes...

Indiana_Jones
1st October 2009, 17:37

Not if Honda keep their current prices.

They're dreaming at the moment....

-Indy

vifferman
1st October 2009, 17:51
Apart from $4k off the ticket price, and 0% interest finance deals, y'mean? :confused:

Crasherfromwayback
1st October 2009, 17:56
it is ..its AWFUL..looks like they were instructed to use all the bits left over from parts bins,and to use shapes that refer back to 80s bikes...

Sorry...I've gotta say this...you ride a boxer? THE ugliest engine layout ever built...the rest of the bike follows suit. Hardly ground breaking either. Only my opinion of course.

Indiana_Jones
1st October 2009, 18:20
Apart from $4k off the ticket price, and 0% interest finance deals, y'mean? :confused:

Too bad the ticket price is $4k more then the other Jappas lol

0% interest is nice though :D

-Indy

Paulo
1st October 2009, 19:14
I like it, But I would do this to it (see attached Piccy) Trim some fat, lose the screen Black Rims fork gators etc, It's got loads of potential and is a great starting point. wish I was as handy with tools as i am a computer ;)

vifferman
1st October 2009, 19:19
Too bad the ticket price is $4k more then the other Jappas lol

0% interest is nice though :D
Spoken like a true "I've-just-got-a-sparkly-new-angry-snarling-snorting-growling-SteveMcQueen-lookalike-beast-and-can-say-WTF-I-Like"-ist.
Or summat.

naphazoline
1st October 2009, 19:38
I like the cb1100.

Maybe not in it's standard trim,as much as i'd like it caf'ed out a bit more.

On the otherhand.......WTF are they trying to do with the VFR?:wacko:

BMWST?
1st October 2009, 20:12
Sorry...I've gotta say this...you ride a boxer? THE ugliest engine layout ever built...the rest of the bike follows suit. Hardly ground breaking either. Only my opinion of course.

.I have never said teh boxer is a beautiful bike to look at,nor have i said that my bike is nicer looking than any of the bikes discussed in this thread.Does the fact that i own a ugly bike disqualify me from having an opinion?

AllanB
1st October 2009, 20:17
I like it, But I would do this to it (see attached Piccy) Trim some fat, lose the screen Black Rims fork gators etc, It's got loads of potential and is a great starting point. wish I was as handy with tools as i am a computer ;)

Thats more like it :2thumbsup

Crasherfromwayback
1st October 2009, 20:19

.I have never said teh boxer is a beautiful bike to look at,nor have i said that my bike is nicer looking than any of the bikes discussed in this thread.Does the fact that i own a ugly bike disqualify me from having an opinion?

Sorry I've obviously hurt your feelings so badly...it's just that...that...it's...well you summed up boxers so well with your opinion of the Honda is all. And I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to make a comparison.
The comparison...was only my opinion of course..I did say that. So yes...we're all allowed opinions.

naphazoline
1st October 2009, 20:21
.I have never said teh boxer is a beautiful bike to look at............

Some bikes aren't meant to look pretty,and still look good even when they're not.

That new Honda VFR aint one of them.:sick:

Elysium
2nd October 2009, 07:00
The first pic the top half of that bike looks so Guzzi.

vifferman
2nd October 2009, 07:49
Some bikes aren't meant to look pretty,and still look good even when they're not.

That new Honda VFR aint one of them.:sick:
There is likely to be more than one model - hopefully, they won't look like that MCN photoshop job.
We'll know in six (6!) days when the bike is officially launched.

Swoop
2nd October 2009, 08:28
Yes, the CB is going to be a nice base for a project. Is that the approach Honda has taken? A simple bike with loads of potential for modification?

On the otherhand.......WTF are they trying to do with the VFR?:wacko:
Possibly attempting to increase the sales in paper bags? The rider would require one of them to put over his head whenever seen in the vicinity of the bike.

BMWST?
2nd October 2009, 09:28
Sorry I've obviously hurt your feelings so badly...it's just that...that...it's...well you summed up boxers so well with your opinion of the Honda is all. And I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to make a comparison.
The comparison...was only my opinion of course..I did say that. So yes...we're all allowed opinions.

the comparison was my opinion to of course...You are allowed to make comparisons but i didnt know that my opinion was worth less than any one elses just because i ride a bike that you think is ugly :crybaby:....S'all good though be a boring place if we all liked suzukis an hondas....

Crasherfromwayback
2nd October 2009, 09:44
...S'all good though be a boring place if we all liked suzukis an hondas....

That we agree on!

avgas
2nd October 2009, 09:55
Nice.
Pity they rushed it though - looks like the poor mechanic ran out of time and put the rear shocks around the wrong way

James Deuce
2nd October 2009, 10:16
I like the first pic of the CB1100 and I'd be happy with that. Very happy. Bet it costs $30k+ though.

vifferman
2nd October 2009, 10:36
I like the first pic of the CB1100 and I'd be happy with that. Very happy.
I look forward with much anticipation to your ride report. :yes:

beyond
2nd October 2009, 20:20
i have never owned a suzuki,and dont intend to. However if faced with a choice between these two bikes it would be the S bike

Never ridden a well set up GSX1400 then? :)

beyond
2nd October 2009, 20:21
I quite like it. I also like the wheels.

It looks a lot 'lighter' and more nimble than the fat Suzuki.

Never ridden a well set up GSX1400 then :)

vifferman
7th October 2009, 08:02
"We are very pleased to tell you that the new VFR 1200F
will be launched online on Thursday 8th October at
12.00 CET (11.00am GMT).

On the website will be films, downloads, full technical specs, interviews, animations of new technologies,
360° of all three colours and much much more!

Make sure you are in front of your computer next
Thursday to be the first to see the new VFR!"

Hmmmmm... so that's like, 12 midnight, tonight? :wari:

Swoop
7th October 2009, 08:20
"We are very pleased to tell you that the new VFR 1200F
will be launched online on Thursday 8th October at
12.00 CET (11.00am GMT).

On the website

.... this would be the Honda website, I guess??

vifferman
7th October 2009, 09:03
.... this would be the Honda website, I guess??
Sorry! I'm not sure (was nearly excited, which nearly aroused me from my semi-comatose state...)
I'm pretty sure it'll at least be on this site (http://www.newvfr.com/).

James Deuce
7th October 2009, 20:12
Judging from the silhouette that flashes up just often enough to spark a petit mal seizure, I'd say it looks like a fat whale with a cancerous dowager's hump.