PDA

View Full Version : GSX1100 brake caliper seals

bistard
2nd October 2009, 07:47
I am restoring a 1980 Suzuki GSX1100 ET & would like front & rear brake caliper seals,anybody know of a supplier here in NZ??
Any ideas let me know,I have found a bunch of suppliers overseas,but the freight & exchange rate is a killer & would prefer to deal locally

Thanks
Bistard

F5 Dave
2nd October 2009, 14:59
You could try Wellington Motorcycles:Oops:

Surely postage from Alpha or Crooks wouldn't be that much for seals?

jellywrestler
2nd October 2009, 16:37
I went to brake place by the waterloo railway station a couple of weeks ago getting seals for my CBX six and Lockheed race caliper too, about $14 for six seals

Madness
2nd October 2009, 17:43
I went to brake place by the waterloo railway station a couple of weeks ago getting seals for my CBX six and Lockheed race caliper too, about $14 for six seals

That'd be Contour Brakes (http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Automotive-Repairs/Contour-Brakes-Ltd-Autosafe/100263329_880.html). They used to be (and hopefully still are) the brake guru's and a bloody good bunch of buggers, real old skool.

bistard
4th October 2009, 14:48
You could try Wellington Motorcycles:Oops:

Surely postage from Alpha or Crooks wouldn't be that much for seals?

You are a funny guy Dave,yes I will check what listings Scooter Centre have,but Im guessing alot of that old stuff is not available through normal channels otherwise the Alphas & Wemotos of the word would not exist & people like you & I wouldnt use them
The prices that are being asked on some of those sites are bloody expensive & the seals arent so much of a problem it is the front caliper slide boots etc

jellywrestler
4th October 2009, 16:35
alpha sports list the boots at $7 each and the seals $5 each, given the exchange rates better sounds good to me i'd even be buying the selas instead of going to the hutt to get them of course thats if you buy boots too