View Full Version : Medical terms for motorcycles

GSVR
13th April 2005, 19:29
blood transfusion = oil change
plastic surgery = fairing repair work
respiratory failure = blocked airfilter
brain transplant = fitting power commander
drug induced high = NOS injection

OK I suck at this anyone got any better ideas?

Coyote
13th April 2005, 19:31
OK I suck at this anyone got any better ideas?
Put this in the Rave on forum :whistle:

GSVR
13th April 2005, 19:33
How do you do that?

bugjuice
13th April 2005, 19:38
you can't, the mods change

new jonnys (rubber) = tyres
gogo juice/motion lotion = fuel

for a start

Skyryder
13th April 2005, 19:44
Transfusion= Bleeding brake lines

Mouth to mouth=Petrol syphoning from bike to bike

Skyryder

Waylander
13th April 2005, 19:46
Seeing how this is bike related I don't think it needs moved.

gav
13th April 2005, 19:51
OK, how about the "Pointless Drivel" forum?

GSVR
13th April 2005, 19:54
Seeing how this is bike related I don't think it needs moved.

schizophrenic = Kawasaki H1
anabolic steroid taker = Hayabusa

StoneChucker
13th April 2005, 20:02
Circumferencial Abdominoplasty - Complete removal of unnecessary, saggy fairings.

Hemorrhoidectomy - Repacking of the exhaust baffles

Rhinoplasty - Plastic welding the front nose cone / fairing

StoneChucker
13th April 2005, 20:07
Arthroscopy - Replacing the fork oil

Cystoscopy - Taking a fuel sample / Checking for rust in fuel tank

Microdermabrasion - Sanding down, priming, repainting and clear coating the tank/fairings

Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy - Removal of faulty PC3 (Power Commander) using nothing but needle-nose pliers through a hole in the seat.

MrMelon
13th April 2005, 20:09
Negroplasty - Spraypainting a bike matt black :whistle:

GSVR
13th April 2005, 20:11
Liposuction = removing excess weight

Motu
13th April 2005, 20:15
I am a medical practitioner myself actualy..self taught,in my own modest way - and have developed new methods.My name is Dr Frank,an steinlager is my friend.I take parts from deseased motorcycles,and using methods known only to me,I transform them into new beings,with a new life of their own - TRANSFORMED!!! Check out some of my sucesses....

Skyryder
13th April 2005, 20:18
Here's some more

Cancer=Rust.

Heart Transplant=New motor

Premature ejaculation=pre-ignition

Skyryder

StoneChucker
13th April 2005, 20:19
Osteotomy - Reshaping the ram-air ducts

Cataract Surgery - Replacing cloudy/faded head lights

Squint Repair - Headlight modification on certain bikes, allowing BOTH headlights to shine simultaneously (can they really do that yet? :killingme )

Ixion
13th April 2005, 20:19
Motu, WTF is no 2 picture. I thought at first it was a VW engine, but that looks like a kickstarter on it

GSVR
13th April 2005, 20:20
I am a medical practitioner myself actualy..self taught,in my own modest way - and have developed new methods.My name is Dr Frank,an steinlager is my friend.I take parts from deseased motorcycles,and using methods known only to me,I transform them into new beings,with a new life of their own - TRANSFORMED!!! Check out some of my sucesses....

So you spend most of you time in the geriatric ward doing organ transplants. Some old farts just aren't worth wasting time on an should be left to RIP (rust into pieces)

StoneChucker
13th April 2005, 20:20
Here's some more
Premature ejaculation=pre-ignition
Skyryder
Impotence - No Spark
Rigor mortis - Seized motor

GSVR
13th April 2005, 20:34
Motu, WTF is no 2 picture. I thought at first it was a VW engine, but that looks like a kickstarter on it

A very old BMW boxer I suspect.

Motu
13th April 2005, 20:58
That's not a kickstarter,it's a neutral selector....it's a Ural with a 1200 VW motor,you can't see the chair,but it's a Jupiter one.Didn't think I could stump you!

I did a thread on these old bikes of mine...but without looking can you guess the rest?

Ixion
13th April 2005, 21:09
That's not a kickstarter,it's a neutral selector....it's a Ural with a 1200 VW motor,you can't see the chair,but it's a Jupiter one.Didn't think I could stump you!

I did a thread on these old bikes of mine...but without looking can you guess the rest?

Ah a Ural tranmission That did fool me. I pondered VW tansmission, but that didn''t work. And it didn't look like a BMW box

Others : Ones a BSA M20 or M21 sidevalve in a very non original frame . Frame looks like an A7 front brake ditto (or A10 ) , but the rest of the front end is original

Ones a Triumph scrambler in a Rickman frame or similar

Fourth is a typical Triton

Motu
13th April 2005, 21:20
All correct! The BSA was a 54 Goldflash,the A10,but I modified it for singles,mostly with B31s,but couldn't resist putting an M20 into it.The green one was a genuine Rickman,my street bike of the late 70s.