PDA

View Full Version : New Triumphs and other pics

Big Dave
13th April 2005, 22:56
The 'Official Press launch' for the new Sprint ST and Speed Triple models is tomorrow morning.
The AMPS boys have been shaking them down and I got my mits on them for some pics and some run in k's over the last few days as well.

Punted the ST through Bombays and hunuas this morning. Brilliant, lovely, yummy motorcycle. Goes, stops, tips, looks and sounds 'the bizzo'.

Pics and more:
http://www.davidcohen.co.nz

New Auckland night shots too.
More Speed Triples shortly.

enjoy.

John
13th April 2005, 23:01
The 'Official Press launch' for the new Sprint ST and Speed Triple models is tomorrow morning.
The AMPS boys have been shaking them down and I got my mits on them for some pics and some run in k's over the last few days as well.

Punted the ST through Bombays and hunuas this morning. Brilliant, lovely, yummy motorcycle. Goes, stops, tips, looks and sounds 'the bizzo'.

Pics and more:
http://www.davidcohen.co.nz

New Auckland night shots too.
More Speed Triples shortly.

enjoy.
I cant even express how jealous I am, thanks for the new wallpaper :)

riffer
13th April 2005, 23:04
Wow. You get to combine graphic design and motorcycle riding in your day job.

Add playing music to that and you've just described my dream job.

You lucky man.

Keep up the good work Dave. :niceone:

Big Dave
14th April 2005, 00:41
Wow. You get to combine graphic design and motorcycle riding in your day job.

Add playing music to that and you've just described my dream job.

You lucky man.

Keep up the good work Dave. :niceone:

Thank you very much. It's a wicked gig for sure!

I can do 15mins of 'adequate' classical guitar, but unlike my scribblings, dribblings and shutterwork - I've never convinced anybody to pay me for it :sick:

chairs!

James Deuce
14th April 2005, 07:34
Dave! That second photo of the Sprint ST - I'm a comms student and the connotative stuff in that picture would spark hours of debate in a classroom. It's speaks to my soul!

I really like your Web Site too. It has a "quality" feel, whilst convey almost textural imagery, and anecdotal text in a comparatively small space (I see you still care about 800x600 screen res. people).

Very, very nice.

Joni
14th April 2005, 07:46
Dave some really amazing pics in there mate - you are very talented!

Thanks.
Look forward to seeing more as they come.

:niceone:

bear
14th April 2005, 07:59
Nic pics man, love the night time ones!

Hitcher
14th April 2005, 08:53
Drool. Pant. Bastard.

Paul in NZ
14th April 2005, 09:10
Nice front but it looks like someone kicked it up the arse....

Skyryder
14th April 2005, 19:28
Good to see some great kiwi photos'. Can't say I was too impressed with the speed triple. Recessed tank looked top heavy and the twin headlights, just not a Brit thing. The Sprint on the other hand looked the buisness. I tend to agree with Paul in NZ about the rearend but I see a couple of nice ladies lifting up their skirts; tacky.

Skyryder

Indiana_Jones
14th April 2005, 19:44
Damn I want that Daytona 650 :D
Then if I'm in the airforce, bike + runway ;)

-Indy

Big Dave
14th April 2005, 19:45
Good to see some great kiwi photos'. Can't say I was too impressed with the speed triple. Recessed tank looked top heavy and the twin headlights, just not a Brit thing. The Sprint on the other hand looked the buisness. I tend to agree with Paul in NZ about the rearend but I see a couple of nice ladies lifting up their skirts; tacky.

Skyryder

The S3 is meant to look unusual - and it sure succeeds at that - it says 'I'm all about how I go and don't give a f*** what i look like' - and don't it go - it's like some sort of rocket powered roller skate. Like I said - instant hoon!

Thinking of starting my article with a quote from George Carlin - talking about his schoolyard banter with the black guys. They used to say to him
'where your ass at man? Yain't got no ass! how you hold them trousers up?'

I don't mind the ST's ducks bum either, quite like it. The plastic guard and number plate thingy under it i would customise however.

Coyote
14th April 2005, 19:48

Same here, love that bike :love:

Waylander
14th April 2005, 19:48
Then if I'm in the airforce, bike + runway ;)

-Indy
You and me in the same boat mate. I want to get a Daytona 650 aswell. Unfortunatly I don't have an opportunity to take it out on an airforce runway. Race track will have to do.:msn-wink: Anyway the choice for my next bike (after I have fixed the current one and have the money for it) is gonna be the 650.:2thumbsup

Big Dave
14th April 2005, 19:53
Very, very nice.

Thank you, and Joni. Appreciate it.

Indiana_Jones
14th April 2005, 20:06
lol, nice to see I'm not the only Daytona fan :D

-Indy

Waylander
14th April 2005, 20:07
lol, nice to see I'm not the only Daytona fan :D

-Indy
Not alone just make sure you invite the rest of us when you try reinacting the chasing jets as they take off scene from your movie. That way we can laug.. I mean cheer.:Punk:

Indiana_Jones
14th April 2005, 20:13
Not alone just make sure you invite the rest of us when you try reinacting the chasing jets as they take off scene from your movie. That way we can laug.. I mean cheer.:Punk:

I'd never do something like that really.....it's dangerous and immature...........Yes..... :shifty:......

-Indy

Madguitarist!
14th April 2005, 20:17
Dave, Awesome pics there bro! Even the non-bike ones...(cough...cough...) :msn-wink:

Your job is numero uno droooool factor dude!!! :2thumbsup .....and you do it well too!!

Joni, I've booked myself a test ride on the 650 for next Tue...yoohoo!! :ride:
Can't wait!!!!

BD, you heard anything abt the 650 being sold as a street-fighter with the fairings included as a kitset next yr??? Read abt something like that in a UK bike mag, they said the 600 is packaged like that now and the 650 might follow suit next yr??? Man, that would be way cooooool!!! :yeah:

Big Dave
14th April 2005, 23:32
Dave, Awesome pics there bro! Even the non-bike ones...(cough...cough...) :msn-wink:

Your job is numero uno droooool factor dude!!! :2thumbsup .....and you do it well too!!

Joni, I've booked myself a test ride on the 650 for next Tue...yoohoo!! :ride:
Can't wait!!!!

BD, you heard anything abt the 650 being sold as a street-fighter with the fairings included as a kitset next yr??? Read abt something like that in a UK bike mag, they said the 600 is packaged like that now and the 650 might follow suit next yr??? Man, that would be way cooooool!!! :yeah:

thank you - not heard that rumour - TNZ has a shipment of Speed 4's just in at $11,990 so maybe after they go - sorry dunno.

Holy Roller
15th April 2005, 11:32
The S3 is even more impressive up close and personal.
One of the fitters at work has just had his 1000K service. The bike park at work is a treat at the moment with two S3s (91, 05) and a Thunderbird S
Great pix Dave