PDA

View Full Version : Get Organized !

bikerboy
27th October 2003, 08:57
come on guys, it's a gorgeous day, some one should organize a ride today.

I don't know my way around a paper bag so I'm out but what about you other layabouts.:eek:

bluninja
27th October 2003, 09:35
So where do you want to meet? North or south of auckland? After lunch 12:30?

TTFN

bikerboy
27th October 2003, 18:23
thanks to Simons determination , bluninja, andrew and myself set off for a short 1-2 hour ride.

great ride, great roads, great job Blu....howver the short ride turnred into
FIVE HOURS!:argh:

i'm exhausted and i think the tyres are shot. just missed the rain and heavy traffic.

i hope andrew's foot isn't too badly hurt.

all in all a long but great biking day:beer: :beer:

Firefight
27th October 2003, 19:07
Originally posted by bikerboy
thanks to Simons determination , bluninja, andrew and myself set off for a short 1-2 hour ride.

great ride, great roads, great job Blu....howver the short ride turnred into
FIVE HOURS!:argh:

i'm exhausted and i think the tyres are shot. just missed the rain and heavy traffic.

i hope andrew's foot isn't too badly hurt.

So BB, what happened to Andrews foot ?

firefight. :shit:

MikeL
27th October 2003, 20:30
Yeah, c'mon BB, spill the beans. Or else you are forcing us to indulge in lurid speculation...

5 hours eh? I was soooo tempted to join you, but that 12:30 start made me think twice as I had an early evening date and I know how easily 1 or 2 hours get stretched to 4 or 5!

So where did you go?

Andrew
27th October 2003, 21:31
When tearing up the twisties, I got my left and right foot temporarilly confused. Hence when leaning left I rose my right foot and vice versa. Unfortunatly I managed to lean a little too far with my toe close to the ground. The next thing I knew, was my foot being sucked into the road.

The road released my foot as soon as I released the accelerator and engine braking kicked in, hence a deceleration.

The intial grab of the foot was somewhat painful but seems to be ok.

The toe on my boot however has been ground right off. Had I not been wearing riding boots, I hate to think what would've happened to my toes. So for me now, no more out of town rides until I get the boots either fixed or replaced.

Just goes to show that riding gear is essential, and who can put a price on that ? $$

Firefight
28th October 2003, 06:33
Great story Andrew, great to hear your okay:niceone: , If you need I can lend you a pair of Moto X boots till your sorted, a few guys I have ridden with have used them after suffering from the same sort of drama, and one guy I ride with will only wear them after seeing "Leaked Paramedic Training Photos""of a mangled
leg:argh:

cheers Firefight:eek:

bikerboy
28th October 2003, 11:03
You should have come along MIkeL. I tried to ring you but no answer.

I'm not sur where we went except it went on longer than I was up for. No slight on Si's part. We didn't really have a game plan so andrew and Blu along with some mate sorted out a semi plan at the autubarn where we met up.

Perhaps you could have given us a bit of wisdom as to how long it would all take. We lunched at some hot pool place south of dunmore, waingaru?

The roads were absolutely superb, smooth, well paved mostly, generally flat but turn after turn after turn. Some fast sweepers and tight twisties but mostly in between turns.
:D

I loved it but was just too tired from the night before..:(

bluninja
28th October 2003, 11:21
BB and Andrew thanks for the company. The route was mostly down SH22 which we picked up after turning off SH1 at Pokeno to Waingaro Hot Springs then along to Ngarawahia and up to Huntly and then joining back up on SH22. 100 kms from Drury services to Waingaro. For some of the faster riders this may well have been a 2 hour trip :cool:

The worst parts of the day were the 2 longish road repair sections, the bar meal without hot chips, and that we hadn't brought togs for a dip in the hot springs.

TTFN

Firefight
28th October 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by bluninja

The worst parts of the day were the 2 longish road repair sections,

Where were the road works, so we can miss them tommorow ?
was planning to go down back way, glen murry, Naike , Dunmore,
Ohaturia,and back to ham via Whatawhat & temple veiw. .

firefight
:cool:

bikerboy
28th October 2003, 16:01
Well then, you probably don't want the "slower" riders along stretching out your two hour trip into the FIVE HOUR ride from HELL.:done:

Poor Andrew's foot probably was hanging low from exhaustion.:D

MikeL
28th October 2003, 20:19
Originally posted by bikerboy
You should have come along MIkeL. I tried to ring you but no answer.

I was out riding. All by myself. :( But at least I got back in time to make the 6:15 session at the cinema. Domestic harmony would have been seriously compromised if I hadn't...
Anyway, as it happened I did half of that trip on Sunday. Pukekohe to Pukekawa via Waiuku (yes that was a mistake but geography was never my strong point) then continuing through Glen Murray, Naike and other places that I can't remember until I got to Ngaruawahia. I must say I quite like that road. No traffic to speak of, and all the times I done it (must be 4 or 5 times now) I've never come across a cop. Had a brief moment of indecision as I went past the Pukekohe track and saw the bikes - looked as if it would have been fun to watch. But I kept on riding. In retrospect, I should have joined you lot at the track on Sunday, gone to the pictures Sunday night, and come on the ride with you on Monday. But wtf - my weekend was pretty O.K.:niceone:

bluninja
30th October 2003, 13:56
LOL @ BB. Maybe I should have said faster riders (faster than me) who knew where they were going. Look forward to the next ride with someone different picking the route.

TTFN

bikerboy
30th October 2003, 18:17
Just giving you a tough time Blu.. really enjoyed myself :2thumbsup