PDA

View Full Version : Slipway Points Round - Sunday 11th October

Skunk
5th October 2009, 12:50
Final points Round for the year. Pray the weather is good...

Wellington - Slipway: Round 7
Venue: Slipway Driving Facility, Long Valley, Brooklyn, Wellington
Directions: Signposted from the end of Ashton Fitchett Dr, Brooklyn. Drive past the wind turbine for 1.2km and watch for gravel road on the right.
Sign on: 11:00 am in the top carpark.
Race start: 12:00 am
Classes: Bucket solos - Bucket sidecars - Motards - Scooters - First timers
Entry fee: $35 + $10 per extra class

nudemetalz
5th October 2009, 14:56
I'll be there doing the signing in and organising points scoring.

Mudflaps
5th October 2009, 18:40
Can't wait!! :woohoo:

Hopefully all thus crap weather is done and dusted by the week end!:cold:

I've been working with NASA building a plan to get past Nigel without having to go down a gorse covered bank to do it.:bye: How have your plans come along AJ? Any progress!?

Kendog
6th October 2009, 05:32
Did you hear NASA missed Mars with one of their rockets :laugh:

Mudflaps
6th October 2009, 08:27
I didn't say anything about working on a good plan!:innocent:

richban
7th October 2009, 18:58
I'm in.

Looking forward to not being hung over and trying to ride.

Number One
7th October 2009, 19:02
Bucket sidecars??!! Now THAT is intriguing.

Hey on another note - will there be another enduro this year?

The Monster team may just swing defending our second place...if I can convince the Sulster

Kendog
8th October 2009, 05:33
Bucket sidecars??!! Now THAT is intriguing.

Hey on another note - will there be another enduro this year?

The Monster team may just swing defending our second place...if I can convince the Sulster

There sure is, check here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=107917).

F5 Dave
8th October 2009, 10:18
Hey it would be great to see you guys back in the frey.

Skunk
8th October 2009, 10:26
Be good to see you both ride again. Do it!

all4A50s
8th October 2009, 19:26
Let the sun shine strong
and the rubber be warm

let the lines we take
be not blocked by others

let our engines run sweet
and the beers are only cold thing we feel

and let the racing be fun
all your see of my bike is my ...

Number One
9th October 2009, 07:33
Hey it would be great to see you guys back in the frey.

Be good to see you both ride again. Do it!

Thanks guys. I haven't run it past the big man yet (you'll note he doesn't visit here much these days) but if there were to be an enduro race I atleast would be keen to come out and play. If the fella won't then I might be looking for a team mate to race with...anyone looking for a B grader to team with? Oh and bags not doing the Le mans start this time round - running in full gear sucks the big fat kumara :rolleyes:

hmurphy
9th October 2009, 16:34
Lets hope the "Early Showers" forecast for Sunday stays early. I'll be there and I am looking forward to it. But my bucket needs some tidying up, it looks terrible and it's a bit slow on the straights (after riding Steve's stock FXR150 it was noticable how different the power was, I think it's got a lot to do with the pipe I modified and my front or rear brake is dragging... yes I haven't checked which one just yet). Other than that it handles mint I reckon! Can't seem to get the front to slide like it always used to (helps with sticky tyre!) so I am going to keep trying to get faster each meeting. I just don't want to smash into the tyres at slipway again and bend everything.....

See everyone there

=cJ=
10th October 2009, 12:42
There. Gonna try and convince the better half to pit crew for me too :-D

Mudflaps
11th October 2009, 07:25
There. Gonna try and convince the better half to pit crew for me too :-D

Better half!...I thought Bert couldn't make it!!:clap:

Rain has STOPPED:niceone:

Wind has STOPPED:niceone:

I'll bring the big brooms to sweep the track.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang:

Trudes
11th October 2009, 08:07
Phooooooo bro!! Mint day out there!! :msn-wink::niceone:

What's the story with the gate combo today? Anyone have it? Can you post it in the social group plz.

Trudes
11th October 2009, 18:04
What a mint day for the last points round for the year, and what an awesome day of good close racing!!
A grade had a small but distinguished field with some nail biting battles at the front between Andrew and Richard.
B grade had a large field and with a fairly tight track to get round there was some carnage and brave riding by some.
Good to see so many people out enjoying the racing and it warms my cold black heart to see the appearance of so many little old buckets that people have poured loving hours into making ;)
Here's (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129451119&postcount=157) how my day went. Hard luck to Kendog who was doing so well in the last race only to have his rear brake cylinder explode all over his exhaust and rear wheel and get black flagged.
Entertainment moments: Hamish's elbow down demonstration and the most delicate high side I've ever seen, obviously well practiced.
Sketchy falling off Rangi but Rangi not hitting the ground, yes, there is a story in there! ;)
Well done everyone. Now let's all get out bikes organized for the endurance race day at Kaitoke!!! :woohoo:

hmurphy
11th October 2009, 19:43
Awesome day! I am definitely looking forward to the next Kaitoke meeting. It was awesome to watch another great day of racing too, it looked like everyone was having a good time.

Congradulations to the winners of A and B grade, Andrew and George. Very well desereved to both of you!

Entertainment moments: Hamish's elbow down demonstration and the most delicate high side I've ever seen, obviously well practiced.

Haha I haven't high sided before and it was quite a lot of fun (probably wouldn't have been very fun if I was going faster than walking speed though). It wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so stupid as to try that with cold tyres! No regrets!

Cheers everyone, one of the most enjoyable seasons of sport for me ever.

nudemetalz
11th October 2009, 19:58
And......I hear Brock (bysm) won the B-grade race on Lady P....go Brock !!!!
....and buy her..... :msn-wink:

andrew a
11th October 2009, 20:31
Hi all I had a good day although I have a slightly saw backside from the one crash of mine for the day. The track was very ho hum slip way tight and twisty. Some good racing going on though. Well done Richard you had two good wins. At the end of the day had some good blasting around. Couldnt pass Richard or Hammish or Glen on borrowed bikes. You guys were riding awsome. Thanks to the organisers of all the events for the season.

richban
11th October 2009, 21:07
Yeh good day. Great to finally get a slick on the front and the bike. It took a bit of scrubbing in but came good (Cheers Dave) bike is running sweet at last. Need to work on the fitness, I was knackered the hole day but happy I didn't crash. Andrew Hamish Glen great racing pretty clean 2. Thanks Glen for helping me out with my wheel. Also thanks to everyone involved in making these events happen.

Bring on the next one. That may be november for me budget is a bit tight.

Rich

all4A50s
12th October 2009, 05:25
Much thanks to everyone evolved. What a rush of a great season and the day, what a day. The track was one of the best layouts I've ridden.

Grade B (fun) first race; my bike started missing so off I pulled, pity as it was shaping up to be a great battle.

(points) first race; the riding was cool with everyone's riding improved throughout this year and the newbies not giving an inch, while remaining considerate.

(fun) second race; hard ridden hard raced.:clap:

(second) points race; An amazing match up of crashes, break downs and hard riding. The re-start was a great game of chicken. I hope Skunk is only bruised with nothing broken. It was also a shame to see Nigel go out with a blown master cylinder on such a well made bike.

A well run day. Thanks to the people who weren't riding there supporting us with lap taking, scoring, marshalling.:msn-wink:

I won't be there next week as I'm going to be working on my bike, with a new cylinder, carbs, etc. Might even put her on a dyno to see what she is putting out.

And thanks to Andrew for the rear tyre, it'll be fitting today as I found out when I got home the bike its for as a flatty.:headbang:

ajturbo
12th October 2009, 05:52
it was a great day !!!!!!!

had my first crashes of the year.... one girly one and one great one, still sore from that... but it WAS great to see how much the B grade riders HAVE improved over this year...

kendog in particular... shame about the bike... and it was the first black flag for real??? well done!!! lol

thanks to nude and skunk for taking over the running of the racing...

look out DEC... i have a pit bitch coming (hoping to train her up as a brollie dollie....)

Kendog
12th October 2009, 05:53
Was a pretty hard day out there yesterday.
The Grey Ghost was the Smoky Ghost at the end :eek5: :Oops: when my rear brake fluid started leaking onto the exhaust.

Oh well, bring on next season.

Trudes
12th October 2009, 06:02
had my first crashes of the year.... one girly one and one great one, still sore from that...

Yeah I was right behind you when you had your "great" crash as you'd just passed me at the other end with a "woooohooooohoooooo", I was going to return the favour as I went past, but it looked painful....:spanking::msn-wink:

Str8 Jacket
12th October 2009, 06:06
What a great day and abrilliant way to blow off some steam. I had a blast, even if Brock did try and kill me!! :whistle:

Skunk
12th October 2009, 08:55
All I can say is 'ow' and I'm off to the doctor today as I'm a (to quote Sketchy) 'a softcock'...

nudemetalz
12th October 2009, 09:38
The same Sketchy who backed my trailer into my fence.... :Oops:
He can ride well, but driving......errr.....

Trudes
12th October 2009, 09:54
Mwhahahahahahahaha :rofl: skills Sketchy, I hear if you show someone your tits they'll back your trailer for you... so I hear :lol:

=cJ=
12th October 2009, 16:24
Was an, erm interesting day. Blardy bike had a case of no-start-ems.

Big thanks to the guys who let me have a play on their (working) machines at the end there :-D

Despite the lack of starting, I still managed to get my two goals for the day achieved. (Get that knee on the deck, and get around Mudflaps :) )

Sketchy_Racer
12th October 2009, 16:30
The same Sketchy who backed my trailer into my fence.... :Oops:
He can ride well, but driving......errr.....

That'll teach your fence for getting in the way... :innocent:

Mwhahahahahahahaha :rofl: skills Sketchy, I hear if you show someone your tits they'll back your trailer for you... so I hear :lol:

Yeah mad skills, I stuffed it up though as I managed to miss hitting his car which would have been so much more entertaining aye Chris...

I don't think me showing my 'tits' would get me anything apart from a few disgusted faces :sweatdrop

nudemetalz
12th October 2009, 17:34
Sheez, if ya hit the car, it wouldn't have been me you would worry about, but a hormone-ravaged pregnant lady who loves the Lantis...:bash::spanking:

Trudes
12th October 2009, 17:48
Your car looked like it had already had a fight with a shopping trolley or something Chris.

Sketchy_Racer
12th October 2009, 17:55
Nah, that was a pole, definitely a pole...

Trudes
12th October 2009, 17:59
Hate it when those poles jump out of nowhere and bite your car in the arse like that!!! :rofl:

Sketchy_Racer
12th October 2009, 18:02
Hate it when those poles jump out of nowhere and bite your car in the arse like that!!! :rofl:

Never had the pole problem, but golly those fences really sneak up and jump out at you from no where! :laugh:

quallman1234
12th October 2009, 18:05

Big thanks to the guys who let me have a play on their (working) machines at the end there :-D

Despite the lack of starting, I still managed to get my two goals for the day achieved. (Get that knee on the deck, and get around Mudflaps :) )

Gutted to see you push your bike around for 4 hours good on you tho! Did you find out what it was?

nudemetalz
12th October 2009, 18:35
Your car looked like it had already had a fight with a shopping trolley or something Chris.

errr....try backing out of a carpark into another car that was also backing out...
AND no it wasn't me driving it....
I'm saying nothing derogatory about women-drivers...... :sweatdrop

Jubba
12th October 2009, 19:22
i had a wicked day.finaly broke my bucket cheery.cheers george for letting me use your rg 50 i had so much fun on it. has got me into overdrive to get mine finished now. cheers to all for all the pointers an tips through out the day it was hugley helpful.

Number One
12th October 2009, 19:30
errr....try backing out of a carpark into another car that was also backing out...
AND no it wasn't me driving it....
I'm saying nothing derogatory about women-drivers...... :sweatdrop
You're allowed to say stuff about women drivers however you must never say anything derogatory about pregnant female drivers whom you also happen to sleep next to ;)

ajturbo
13th October 2009, 05:22

didn't also get your elbow .. back. but down?????

Kendog
13th October 2009, 13:53
All I can say is 'ow' and I'm off to the doctor today as I'm a (to quote Sketchy) 'a softcock'...

What was the doctors report?

Skunk
13th October 2009, 14:02
She looked at me and said "Ouch, hope you're not planning on racing in the next two weeks. It'll be good to let this lot recover." I like my doctor - no preaching.
Contusions to left hand, right shoulder, chest wall, left thigh. As long as I don't lift, laugh or sneeze I'm fine. I put that down to Hels' chocolate cake remedy. Cheers Hels.
Sketchy says I'm still a softcock...

Str8 Jacket
13th October 2009, 15:51
She looked at me and said "Ouch, hope you're not planning on racing in the next two weeks. It'll be good to let this lot recover." I like my doctor - no preaching.
Contusions to left hand, right shoulder, chest wall, left thigh. As long as I don't lift, laugh or sneeze I'm fine. I put that down to Hels' chocolate cake remedy. Cheers Hels.

lol, he missed out on chocolate cake! ;)

Glad you ok you big soft cock! See ya on Sat :shake:

ajturbo
13th October 2009, 20:03
he's a male....

Trudes
13th October 2009, 20:10
He's smelly.

all4A50s
13th October 2009, 23:05
i had a wicked day.finaly broke my bucket cheery.cheers george for letting me use your rg 50 i had so much fun on it. has got me into overdrive to get mine finished now. cheers to all for all the pointers an tips through out the day it was hugley helpful.

Your more than welcome to borrow Wani anytime. I hope it didn't hurt to much when it broke.

Mudflaps
16th October 2009, 18:01

Glad to hear nothing was cracked or broken!

I learnt a lot from the motor racing school of hard knocks last week end!! Was pretty sore myself for a few days. Bike needs a bit of attention after being dropped so many times last week end so I won't be racing on Sun.

Quite dissapointed in how my bike handles after riding two different bikes at the end of Sunday's racing. Needs a bit of work I recon. I've worked out though that it's a 90-10 ratio for me bailing so much...90% rider fault and 10% bike handling. Maybe I should work on fixing the rider first:clap::clap:

Oh, And I've still got your Brake bracket AJ. You going on Sunday?

Trudes
17th October 2009, 08:01
Mudflaps: I should have warned you.... never ride another person's bucket if you think it might be better than your own, because it probably will be.
(Note to propably all Wellington bucketers - do NOT ride Glen's bucket!!!) ;)

hmurphy
17th October 2009, 11:07
Mudflaps: I should have warned you.... never ride another person's bucket if you think it might be better than your own, because it probably will be.
(Note to propably all Wellington bucketers - do NOT ride Glen's bucket!!!) ;)

You mean the bucket that spent the day of racing sitting on a bike stand? It didn't look too fast for the 3/4 lap he got in on it. Surely all of our buckets are better than that! :dodge:

Trudes
17th October 2009, 13:39
You mean the bucket that spent the day of racing sitting on a bike stand? It didn't look too fast for the 3/4 lap he got in on it. Surely all of our buckets are better than that! :dodge:

haha, speed isn't everything, it also handles like, like, like..... I don't know, like a something real cool!!! :laugh:

ajturbo
18th October 2009, 12:30
Glad to hear nothing was cracked or broken!

I learnt a lot from the motor racing school of hard knocks last week end!! Was pretty sore myself for a few days. Bike needs a bit of attention after being dropped so many times last week end so I won't be racing on Sun.

Quite dissapointed in how my bike handles after riding two different bikes at the end of Sunday's racing. Needs a bit of work I recon. I've worked out though that it's a 90-10 ratio for me bailing so much...90% rider fault and 10% bike handling. Maybe I should work on fixing the rider first:clap::clap:

Oh, And I've still got your Brake bracket AJ. You going on Sunday?
hang on to it, purchase a spare one... someone else (or me) may even need one, one day ok....