PDA

View Full Version : RESPECT

flyin
14th April 2005, 10:29
This site is a great place for like minded(or not) individuals to congregate and discuss important issues like riding motorbikes, fixing them and beer.....

Recently however a few of the more experianced, longer serving members of this site have been signing off for "personal reasons"

this saddens me as these guys and girls have heaps of useful knowledge and insights into the wold of riding and we will all be missing out on their input into the forums.

I've noticed alot of people have been getting FAR to personal on this site and have been disussing/raving about anything that they object to/feel strongly about, this is, to an extent, acceptable however when users who have never met start having a go at people about family (wife, kids, even work) I feel this is abuse of the site and completely unnaceptable!!

A fair few of these Internet - bullies are young'ns (yeah im only young myself but hey), there constant smart replies are getting
WAAAY to carried away, deep and personal.
sure you can write "PT" at the end of a nasty comment, you still wrote in on the internet for the world to see!!! and the guys you are giving shite too are generally far more experianced riders/people so have heaps we can learn from them!!

I get so F***kd off with these kids, some of whome dont even have their licenses, who think they are cool because they've typed 1000 posts or some crap!! I ended up giving out bad rep yesterday for endless harsh comments to a non-deserving user!!
notice a fair few of the wiser comments come from users who have been around here for aaaaages but only have a few (well used ) posts to their title!?!

AAAnyways all i'mtrying to say is that if we all wanna keep using this site for what is designed, and doing really well at, we need to have some RESPECT so as we do not end up like one of our wise users fears "imploding"

-for the site: dont post bulls***t spam all day because your gettin paid for it, think about what someone else will get from reading your post.

-for the users: they are all real people with real lives and their bikes are probly waaay cooler than yours! you may meet them one day so keep that in mind before you make a nasty comment!

-for our elders: (not tryin to sound rude) but theres heaps a experience floting around here, picking it and being nice to them is a good way to learn something usefull!

-for ourselves: this site is a tool, to meet people and oraganise rides, and to share knowledge and stories among freinds, it must be used, not abused, and ballance must be maintained between reality and the little box your staring at right now!! your bikes not here m8! go find it and love it

cheers for reading this, if you bothered, I'd like to see this site live long and prosper so further generations of bikers can learn from the bollocks i've typed!!

:cool:

MSTRS
14th April 2005, 10:33
Young in years - Old in wisdom. :2thumbsup

FEINT
14th April 2005, 10:35
I totally agree with you. Well written.

Indiana_Jones
14th April 2005, 10:40
I'm with you :ride:

-Indy

Ixion
14th April 2005, 10:40
Well said, that man

:Playnice: peoples

babyB
14th April 2005, 10:44
I totally agree with you. Well written.
what feint said. totaly

Quasievil
14th April 2005, 10:52
Good words youngin
Its unfortunetly just the way it is,I think youre right about the old members moving on, but thats natural, soon you will have heaps of rep points and be regarded as a old memeber and one day, you to will get sick of it and leave.

I like your style and I think that you speak wisely, but dont take it to seriously, I think that is the trap

rep coming your way

Oh and why arent you coming to the freckin RALLY !!

phantom
14th April 2005, 10:59
One of the things that has really impressed me with this site is the help and support offered to those in need so it really bunches my undies when some idiot goes completely off the wall to upset someone. As someone in the IT industry ( why do we all ride bikes) I am constantly confronted with people that hide behind computer communications like email and the web to say things they would never say in person :ride:

flyin
14th April 2005, 10:59
heaps of rep points and be regarded as a old memeber and one day, you to will get sick of it and leave.

I like your style and I think that you speak wisely, but dont take it to seriously, I think that is the trap

Oh and why arent you coming to the freckin RALLY !!

yeah fully see that, but people leaving cos of abuse from a 14yr olds just wrong!!

and with the Rally IM SLACK haha, nah i'm doin the poor thing, goin back to studyin in a few weeks.... just bought a new set of tyres and spent heaps on the bits ive thrashed to death already and was kinda hoping that it will hold together till i'm working again.

so that means respectin ma bike for a few months :shifty: oh well, lucky i get a loan bike to practice wheelies on when mines at the shop hehe.
if i go to the rally i'll end up spending all my moneys i dont have..........

always keen for a ride round the welly region tho....

Sniper
14th April 2005, 11:57
Nice one mate

bugjuice
14th April 2005, 12:30
nice one, couldn't have put it better myself.

Waylander
14th April 2005, 12:31
As someone in the IT industry ( why do we all ride bikes) I am constantly confronted with people that hide behind computer communications like email and the web to say things they would never say in person

Can you think of a better way to unwund after dealing with tons of guys like me who don't know the slightest thing about thier PCs? As for the topic of this thread. I think I may have upset a few people with what I have said or done in the past few days so I would like to appoligise to anyone I may have offended. I'm just a guy tryin to get through life the best way possible and still have fun while I'm at it. Most of what I post can be takin in jest becouse that's how I meant it. I am the same online as I am in person (or atleast I try to be) so I try to be nice to everybody. So here it is an appoligy, sorry if I upset or offended anyone. See y'all on the road.:ride:

Hitcher
14th April 2005, 12:44
Yes. This is our gargre and our online home. People should behave as they would in somebody else's home or how they would expect others to behave in theirs.

There is a big difference between good-natured banter and fuckwittery. I reserve the right to stomp on dickheads any time, any place.

If members are getting hasseled by the spineless through personal messages, they should "out" these pricks by posting their PMs on a public thread where the world at large can see what goes on in the head of a narrow-minded retard.

inlinefour
14th April 2005, 12:44
This site is a great place for like minded(or not) individuals to congregate and discuss important issues like riding motorbikes, fixing them and beer.....

Recently however a few of the more experianced, longer serving members of this site have been signing off for "personal reasons"

this saddens me as these guys and girls have heaps of useful knowledge and insights into the wold of riding and we will all be missing out on their input into the forums.

I've noticed alot of people have been getting FAR to personal on this site and have been disussing/raving about anything that they object to/feel strongly about, this is, to an extent, acceptable however when users who have never met start having a go at people about family (wife, kids, even work) I feel this is abuse of the site and completely unnaceptable!!

A fair few of these Internet - bullies are young'ns (yeah im only young myself but hey), there constant smart replies are getting
WAAAY to carried away, deep and personal.
sure you can write "PT" at the end of a nasty comment, you still wrote in on the internet for the world to see!!! and the guys you are giving shite too are generally far more experianced riders/people so have heaps we can learn from them!!

I get so F***kd off with these kids, some of whome dont even have their licenses, who think they are cool because they've typed 1000 posts or some crap!! I ended up giving out bad rep yesterday for endless harsh comments to a non-deserving user!!
notice a fair few of the wiser comments come from users who have been around here for aaaaages but only have a few (well used ) posts to their title!?!

AAAnyways all i'mtrying to say is that if we all wanna keep using this site for what is designed, and doing really well at, we need to have some RESPECT so as we do not end up like one of our wise users fears "imploding"

-for the site: dont post bulls***t spam all day because your gettin paid for it, think about what someone else will get from reading your post.

-for the users: they are all real people with real lives and their bikes are probly waaay cooler than yours! you may meet them one day so keep that in mind before you make a nasty comment!

-for our elders: (not tryin to sound rude) but theres heaps a experience floting around here, picking it and being nice to them is a good way to learn something usefull!

-for ourselves: this site is a tool, to meet people and oraganise rides, and to share knowledge and stories among freinds, it must be used, not abused, and ballance must be maintained between reality and the little box your staring at right now!! your bikes not here m8! go find it and love it

cheers for reading this, if you bothered, I'd like to see this site live long and prosper so further generations of bikers can learn from the bollocks i've typed!!

:cool:

I agree 100% with you. This site should be much better that this and could easily be again :msn-wink: :ride:

250learna
14th April 2005, 17:32
well said, that man deserves a DB

Jonty
14th April 2005, 17:35
Well said flyin, in 100% agreement

Ms Piggy
14th April 2005, 17:53
Yes. This is our gargre and our online home. People should behave as they would in somebody else's home or how they would expect others to behave in theirs.

There is a big difference between good-natured banter and fuckwittery. I reserve the right to stomp on dickheads any time, any place.

If members are getting hasseled by the spineless through personal messages, they should "out" these pricks by posting their PMs on a public thread where the world at large can see what goes on in the head of a narrow-minded retard.
I'm with you Mr H. I think the site is a great place to meet like minded riders and it's a pity that there a few knob heads around that feel personal attacks or generally being rude & nasty to people is all good from behind a computer. Definitely "out" those who send nasty PM's to you.

I'm always interested to know if that same person would be such an a-hole in person...normally they're not as opinionated or as brazen - which indicates to me that they're a coward and a faker.

I do like the "rave on" aspect of this site because it gives people a chance to talk about, dare I say it, non-bike stuff. Although I do get frustrated by the amout of shite that is posted.

scumdog
14th April 2005, 18:03
I get sick of childish bickering and thin skinned people all the time at my job so the last thing I want is that kind of shit on this wonderful site that I visit to unwind on and gain knowledge.

Patience and tolerance people PLEASE, - and think about what you are about to post and how it would seem to others - especially those not in the 'know'.

Listen to what 'flyin' has said (printed?)

Morepower
14th April 2005, 19:15
Ditto , well said

HDTboy
14th April 2005, 20:35
I concur, well put

woody68
14th April 2005, 20:50
well said, that man deserves a DB
No one deserves a DB give him a SPIEGHTS man.
Good work son had to be said.(Now bring me that box of Spieghts and I might let you sniff the cap

Gixxer 4 ever
14th April 2005, 21:56
Patience and tolerance people PLEASE, - and think about what you are about to post and how it would seem to others - especially those not in the 'know'.

(printed?)
And what this man said. :niceone:
Twos not pleasant here for a few days but lets move on. :2thumbsup

Lou Girardin
15th April 2005, 08:31
I get sick of childish bickering and thin skinned people all the time at my job so the last thing I want is that kind of shit on this wonderful site that I visit to unwind on and gain knowledge.

Listen to what 'flyin' has said (printed?)

Yeah, damn right. After all, I tolerate you. :bleh:

scumdog
15th April 2005, 10:23
Yeah, damn right. After all, I tolerate you. :bleh:
Ooh, Ahhh, that was SO cutting, it hurt to the quick, argh!! :lol: :lol:

BNZ
15th April 2005, 10:59
I think its a shame that a thread like this actually needed to be started. When a bit of nasty crap starts up all the sheep seem to follow suit.

I dont want people to all hold back completely now that this thread has started. If no one spoke their mind when they disagreed we would still think the world was flat! :confused:

Please people save the personal comments for people you know personally (and maybe on a medium that not everyone has access to!) but do not hold back if you disagree with something motorbike related! I personally want to hear different peoples views on how they do things with their bike (whether it is riding or maintenance related or whatever)

White trash
15th April 2005, 11:00
Yeah?

Well your bike sucks mate!

T.I.E
15th April 2005, 11:13
nice work how true,

so what's the fix?

how do you stop those types of people from entering?
or abusing the site?

BNZ
15th April 2005, 11:16
nice work how true,

so what's the fix?

or abusing the site?

You dont. You just hope there parents brought them up proper and shit.

BNZ
15th April 2005, 11:17
Well your bike sucks mate!

It suck in air. Which is one step ahead of yours at the mo :msn-wink:

ManDownUnder
15th April 2005, 11:50

Hitcher - there's something about that comment that just rings true... top man.
MDU

ManDownUnder
15th April 2005, 11:58
nice work how true,

so what's the fix?

or abusing the site?

As much as I hate to say it.. I think a more active use of rep points might be the way to go. Bad rep points all over the place lets everyone else know something's going on...

[hitcher listening off]
Likewise with good rep points (I thought Hitcher was a right prick for a bit... he told me to pull my head in... turns out he was right and it was my pride that was in the way. I gotta say it was the general respect, rep points and him talking some common sense around the place that made me realise it...

[/hitcher listening off]

edit - I also meant to say... more face to face get togethers would also be a good thing. I know I have personally not been involved enough - something I need to address.

You get to know the real people (not just handles on a screen) and your perspective, and respect tends to change accordingly.

...MDU out

Waylander
15th April 2005, 12:17
edit - I also meant to say... more face to face get togethers would also be a good thing. I know I have personally not been involved enough - something I need to address.

You get to know the real people (not just handles on a screen) and your perspective, and respect tends to change accordingly.

...MDU out

As long as people don't mind me calling them by thier online handles. I am very bad with names I don't see or use on a daily basis.:o

White trash
15th April 2005, 12:42
As long as people don't mind me calling them by thier online handles. I am very bad with names I don't see or use on a daily basis.:o

I fucken hate that, J.

I'm terrible with names too mate, but you call me White trash in anything other than jest and we're gonna come to blows. I also can't pronounce your online name...... :o

Wolf
15th April 2005, 12:43
I'm used to being called by the handle i use on this site.

Waylander
15th April 2005, 12:43
I fucken hate that, J.

I'm terrible with names too mate, but you call me White trash in anything other than jest and we're gonna come to blows. I also can't pronounce your online name...... :o
Luckily your name is easy to remember then aye. :lol:

Ms Piggy
15th April 2005, 15:11
It's halarious whenever a bunch of KBers get together actually. The conversation goes a little like this...

"Hi! I'm Celtic Sea Lily, Cathy...CSL." :)

"Ohhhh, ok. Yeah well I'm Jazbug5, Jaz."

"Hey Jaz, meet White Trash, Jimmy...WhiteTrash, Jimmy. This is Jazbug5, Jaz."

I think "Hey you!" will suffice if it gets real confusing! :killingme

MSTRS
15th April 2005, 15:14
It's halarious whenever a bunch of KBers get together actually. The conversation goes a little like this...

"Hi! I'm Celtic Sea Lily, Cathy...CSL." :)

"Ohhhh, ok. Yeah well I'm Jazbug5, Jaz."

"Hey Jaz, meet White Trash, Jimmy...WhiteTrash, Jimmy. This is Jazbug5, Jaz."

I think "Hey you!" will suffice if it gets real confusing! :killingme
This is why everyone needs a KB shirt with name on.

Gixxer 4 ever
15th April 2005, 20:43
This is why everyone needs a KB shirt with name on.

This is true but as you pointed out some K/Ber's want to stay anonymous. :shifty: Wounder why :confused:

MadDuck
15th April 2005, 20:58
The worst one for me to accept is our great Thailand Explorer and esteemed website owner thingy.

Turn up to a KB ride and someone yells out "Hey SpankMe" :killingme

I just cant bring myself to do that

Coyote
15th April 2005, 21:02
This is true but as you pointed out some K/Ber's want to stay anonymous. :shifty: Wounder why :confused:
Who the hell would want 'alarumba' on the back of their shirt?

jaybee180
15th April 2005, 21:31
I'm impressed that someone finally said it all.

I'm new to the site and have posted a couple of times, but after spending some time going through some of the threads decided that I would read them to find out anything interesting (being a new bike owner) but not really participate. Some of them just seemed to get out of hand a wee bit.

Maybe now I can get involved a bit more (which I would really like to do!)

avgas
15th April 2005, 21:46
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
Little gits - beat the crap out em i will.
I enjoy the fact that somepeople dont like my attitudes/thoughts/jokes - it makes the bloody world spin and everything even (yes i know who has given me bad reps - but i dont feel bitter at all).
Most of the young-ens turn around later on though - the see the light, and arent so bad after all.
Some food for thought people, if you cant destroy the youth - understand it.....it may return the favour.
Ive seen it many times on this site
.................then again some people are just stupid as fudge packing dolphins.

flyin
16th April 2005, 07:53
i agree with you avgas and everyone has the right here to say what they feel and voice their view and attitudes towards anything,
it's when these punks start making really sharp, uncalled for remarks to senior members that makes my blood boil!! you just dont tell someone to "F*** off and die" that sorta behaviour is asking for some sort of retaliation. personally i think anyone saying shit like that should be banned immediatly!!

inlinefour
17th April 2005, 06:58
I for one are off for a ride and I doubt if I'll be back anytime soon. P.S. I'm in Wellinytown in July if people want to catch up, all I need is phone numbers and my bike and I will be there :msn-wink: Oh and I don't mind being called either Honda or John, its all good...

James Deuce
17th April 2005, 07:13
Met Flyin yesterday - He's a good dude, and has chosen the right handle, because he was! Wish I could ride like that after only 4 months on a bike.

flyin
17th April 2005, 10:21
Cheers Jim! I do my best! I was sticking with you so I could check out how my next bike looks on the road.....VERY nice I have to say!!! :niceone: like the boots too, coulda shown off the titanium sparky bits for us... guess you've gotta wait till it's run in aye?!