PDA

View Full Version : Wellington bike parking, Council e-petition?

Eddieb
6th October 2009, 06:53
I wonder if this is a worthy option to pursue, create a petition on the councils own website and get everyone to vote for more spaces?

http://www.wellington.govt.nz/haveyoursay/e-petitions/index.php

Hawkeye
6th October 2009, 06:57
Go for it. It will at least create awareness of how big an issue parking is to the Wellington Biking community.

Despatch
9th October 2009, 11:54
Good idea.

Wellington City Council should not only provide additional motorcycle parking, but actively promote Wellington as a the motorcycling commuters' capital. This would relieve considerable congestion from commuters bringing their cars into the CBD.

Bald Eagle
9th October 2009, 13:43
Good idea.

Wellington City Council should not only provide additional motorcycle parking, but actively promote Wellington as a the motorcycling commuters' capital. This would relieve considerable congestion from commuters bringing their cars into the CBD.

ePeition initiated on WCC website

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///D:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ct813024%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thank you. We have received the following request for an ePetition. You will receive a response within 5 working days.<o></o>
Details of Petition<o></o>
<o></o>
Title:<o></o>
<o></o>
Wellington City Council should provide additional motorcycle parking.<o></o>
Petition Period: 3 months<o>></o>>
<o></o>
Subject:<o></o>
<o></o>
Wellington City Council should provide additional motorcycle parking, and actively promote Wellington as a the motorcycling commuters' capital. This would relieve considerable congestion from commuters bringing their cars into the CBD.

Jonno.
10th October 2009, 13:26
I think you should mention something about the fact many motorcycles can fit into one car space.

You'll definitely get a lot of support.

Bald Eagle
13th October 2009, 09:54
I wonder if this is a worthy option to pursue, create a petition on the councils own website and get everyone to vote for more spaces?

http://www.wellington.govt.nz/haveyoursay/e-petitions/index.php

I have started and had accepted an e-Petiton on wcc website

e-Petition (http://www.wellington.govt.nz/haveyoursay/e-petitions/ep/details/101)

davereid
13th October 2009, 15:29
I have started and had accepted an e-Petiton on wcc website

e-Petition (http://www.wellington.govt.nz/haveyoursay/e-petitions/ep/details/101)

This thread needs a "bump".. it has been around for a while without the petition being started - now its running, it needs to be bought to the attention of KBers and others in the region.

Can a Mod change the title to "Petition Now ON" or similar ?

Ms Piggy
13th October 2009, 17:37
Could this be made sticky?

nothingflash
13th October 2009, 17:42
Nice one mate.

Laxi
13th October 2009, 17:57
+ 1 signature:niceone:

bogan
13th October 2009, 18:03
#24 signature

Grinner
22nd October 2009, 18:24
Just added my vote !

and will tell all friends / family to vote as well.

DarkAngel
22nd October 2009, 19:23
Yes, I think its worth it. It worked for a person I know who petitioned for barriers between bike spaces and car parks. The response from WCC was efficient and in a few weeks they put the barriers up. The only thing wasthey decided to extend the bike parking to the end of the street not long after that so had to take them down again - not so cost effective but the end result was good.

zahria
22nd October 2009, 19:32
sig #342
Was in Wgtn last week, was a push to get a park for the bike. They def need more.