PDA

View Full Version : Yzf-250 r4

Maki
6th October 2009, 19:49
Came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nYA8nNVfA

That is the coolest 250 I ever saw. Is it real?... Anyone know more about this?

R6_kid
6th October 2009, 20:03
Doubt it. If it is real you'll be looking at about 13-14k to pick one up.

Odakyu-sen
7th October 2009, 19:13
Came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nYA8nNVfA

That is the coolest 250 I ever saw. Is it real?... Anyone know more about this?

The magazine is the July 2008 issue of "Young Machine," so this story has been out for over a year.

I checked out some Japanese bike blogs and read some of the comments posted back in August last year just after this baby surfaced. It caused quite a stir back then, and noone knew what the hell was going on.

The word on the street was:

- The magazine image is a computer graphic
- Not sure if it will go into production
- Is 250 cc
- Might use the new WR250 single-cylinder engine

ital916
7th October 2009, 19:18
The magazine is the July 2008 issue of "Young Machine," so this story has been out for over a year.

I checked out some Japanese bike blogs and read some of the comments posted back in August last year just after this baby surfaced. It caused quite a stir back then, and noone knew what the hell was going on.

The word on the street was:

- The image is a computer graphic
- Not sure if it will go into production
- Is 250 cc
- Might use the new WR250 single-cylinder engine

Well if you ask me...that bike turned into the yzfr125.

Odakyu-sen
7th October 2009, 19:26
But the YZF-R125 was on the market a year earlier, in September 2007. Check out http://www.motorcycledaily.com/26september07_2008yamaha_yzfr125.htm

I think the Japanese magazine was throwing a rock into the pond to see what sort of splash they would get, and whether anything interesting would poke its head out of the water.

:cool:

ital916
7th October 2009, 19:41
But the YZF-R125 was on the market a year earlier, in September 2007. Check out http://www.motorcycledaily.com/26september07_2008yamaha_yzfr125.htm

I think the Japanese magazine was throwing a rock into the pond to see what sort of splash they would get, and whether anything interesting would poke its head out of the water.

:cool:

I stand corrected...wow we have some major lag time before we get bikes over here haha.

Hmm interesting...you know what. I would actually like to get some SOLID FACTS on the difference in costs of constructing a 600cc inline 4 and a 250 cc inline 4.

R6_kid
7th October 2009, 20:43
I would actually like to get some SOLID FACTS on the difference in costs of constructing a 600cc inline 4 and a 250 cc inline 4.

You only need to look at the cost in building an Aprilia RS250 to get an idea. That's a fairly simple 2-stroke engine... not a highly strung 4-stroke motor.

BMWST?
7th October 2009, 22:30
I stand corrected...wow we have some major lag time before we get bikes over here haha.

Hmm interesting...you know what. I would actually like to get some SOLID FACTS on the difference in costs of constructing a 600cc inline 4 and a 250 cc inline 4.
whats your opinion?Apart from the actual size of the components they engines would be very similar,so costs would be very similar.I gues the frame on the 250 could be lighter so some savings there...but i reckon costs very similar

Odakyu-sen
7th October 2009, 23:01
whats your opinion?Apart from the actual size of the components they engines would be very similar,so costs would be very similar.I gues the frame on the 250 could be lighter so some savings there...but i reckon costs very similar

The question is: how many people are prepared to pay big bucks for a sporty 250 and how many are prepared to pay big bucks for a sporty 600?

:(

ital916
8th October 2009, 07:36
The question is: how many people are prepared to pay big bucks for a sporty 250 and how many are prepared to pay big bucks for a sporty 600?

:(

I think you'd be surprised, a modern 250 inline four that is capable of punting out a solid 50hp at the wheel, combined with its light weight and good components would not only be a corner carving screaming banshee but small, nimble, short enough and would hit 200km/h for those speed freaks. Still 600s have the "torks" too.