PDA

View Full Version : WDF is with the weather?

chef
6th October 2009, 23:29
well this has really pissed me off, i almost died due to wind gusts, heavy rain, and freezing cold. i rode up to palmy on sunday got owned in paraparaumu with rain, then owned with wind from levin to palmy saw a van get blowin to the ride of the road 1 second later i found myself riding almost on the grass at 80kph had to stop buy gloves in otaki, my hands were near frost bite. also stoped 3 times to put my hands on the exhuast due to near frost bite. now then there was riding home rained the whole way my hands were in so much pain i had tears forming in my eyes (it was effen painful) soaked as so much for water proof gear. and this was all to see my girl friend am i crazy?? and will the shit weather ever piss off and let me ride in peace AHHH!

rant over

sinfull
7th October 2009, 01:52
Hahahahhaahahahaha

Gloves in Otaki

Hahahahahahahaahaha

Well actually if ya go back to an earlier thread you had been warned about the wind lol
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129382916&postcount=7

naphazoline
7th October 2009, 05:19
Good to see it's not just the Naki gettin the shit weather.:cold:

rosie631
7th October 2009, 05:55
Yep, I know what you're saying. Saturday ride, over the lewis pass. Gale force nor westers, followed by torrential rain. Soaked and freezing. Then broke down. Bugger!

Str8 Jacket
7th October 2009, 06:14
well this has really pissed me off, i almost died due to wind gusts, heavy rain, and freezing cold.
I think that you may be being a tad dramatic here dude....

i rode up to palmy on sunday got owned in paraparaumu with rain, then owned with wind from levin to palmy saw a van get blowin to the ride of the road 1 second later i found myself riding almost on the grass at 80kph had to stop buy gloves in otaki, my hands were near frost bite.
You're coming across as a bit of a poof here...

also stoped 3 times to put my hands on the exhuast due to near frost bite. now then there was riding home rained the whole way my hands were in so much pain i had tears forming in my eyes (it was effen painful) soaked as so much for water proof gear. and this was all to see my girl friend am i crazy?? and will the shit weather ever piss off and let me ride in peace AHHH!

I dont think that you deserve either a bike or a girlfriend.

Never fear though, I can help you....You send me $50 and I will personally deliver a packet of HTFU pills.

As you were....

Zuki lover
7th October 2009, 06:53
Me thinks its been raining,, and snowing and :cold::cold::cold:,,, Bring on :sunny::sunny::sunny:

p.dath
7th October 2009, 06:58
Try getting some heaver motorcycle gloves, and if that is not enough, wear a seperate thermal glove underneath of them.

magicmonkey
7th October 2009, 07:04
I'm not sure what the problem is, you got laid didn't you :p

Zuki lover
7th October 2009, 07:06

Who you gettin at :sunny:

magicmonkey
7th October 2009, 07:20
Who you gettin at :sunny:

Doh, sorry, that was aimed at the OP, he was off to see his girlfriend after all :wari:

Swoop
7th October 2009, 07:23
It's just NZ weather. Deal with it.

FJRider
7th October 2009, 07:31
Try getting some heaver motorcycle gloves, and if that is not enough, wear a seperate thermal glove underneath of them.

Or a pair of Overgloves ...

Bald Eagle
7th October 2009, 07:36
well this has really pissed me off, i almost died due to wind gusts, heavy rain, and freezing cold. i rode up to palmy on sunday got owned in paraparaumu with rain, then owned with wind from levin to palmy saw a van get blowin to the ride of the road 1 second later i found myself riding almost on the grass at 80kph had to stop buy gloves in otaki, my hands were near frost bite. also stoped 3 times to put my hands on the exhuast due to near frost bite. now then there was riding home rained the whole way my hands were in so much pain i had tears forming in my eyes (it was effen painful) soaked as so much for water proof gear. and this was all to see my girl friend am i crazy?? and will the shit weather ever piss off and let me ride in peace AHHH!

rant over

Hey NZ has two weather seasons (1.) The cold windy rainy season & (2.) The not quite so cold windy rainy season.

..everything else is an illusion

Supermac Jr
7th October 2009, 07:37
glad to hear you enjoyed the ride...

chef
7th October 2009, 22:33

yeah if it wasnt for that id be more pissd ha

Hard Nut
7th October 2009, 23:47
Same in victoria/aus really shitful weather..........wind , rain , snow to low levels......oh its been great.....NOT.

Cheers Nuts

Slicksta
7th October 2009, 23:59
Bring on global warming

modboy
9th October 2009, 11:01
haha Chef - yep you sure are crazy - but then the girls, they'll do that do a good man. haha.

I totally pussied out this morning and drove the cage to work. Oh, the self-loathing - but it was so cold and wet and I didn't wanna get my shiny thruxy dirty. lol.

Tell you what - it was friggen freezing riding down through Waipakarau last Tuesday - coldest I've ever been on the bike. Snow covering the hills. Icy spitting rain. OMG my hands were cold.

Gubb
9th October 2009, 11:33
WTF is WDF?

varminter
9th October 2009, 18:52
Oxford hot grips, waterproof jacket, what more can you want. Oh yes, the bloke who has those HTFU pills, send me a few.

mattian
9th October 2009, 19:21
if you can't handle the weather then maybe motorcycles aint for you...... or, to utilise a common chefs saying. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Riding a motorcycle exposes you to numerous hazards, weather being one of the major ones.... you can either embrace it ! or...... drive

Insanity_rules
13th October 2009, 22:22

rant over

Welcome to Motorcycling, now repeat these words..... poly prop is my friend...Nothing is ever truly waterproof... Wear proper warm gloves and HTFU before we demand your man card be handed over.

Seriously though you've met a big learning curve. Search the threads on how to treat your bike in the wind and travel prepared, warm doesn't have to be expensive. One of those cheap ass protector safety shop ugly wharfie rain coats worn over your gear is about the best thing I've ever had for keeping the rain out and wtf were you doing riding without gloves in the first place?

the bloke who has those HTFU pills

:lol::lol: BTW I don't know too many blokes who are as hard as our Hels but I'd like to nominate her for a man card.

Str8 Jacket
14th October 2009, 06:02
:lol::lol: BTW I don't know too many blokes who are as hard as our Hels but I'd like to nominate her for a man card.

Do I get a penis with that? Pretty please...

SARGE
14th October 2009, 06:06
i dont think that you deserve either a bike or a girlfriend.

Never fear though, i can help you....you send me $50 and i will personally deliver a packet of htfu pills.

$50???.. He makes $14 an hour .. Thats almost a weeks pay!!!

Str8 Jacket
14th October 2009, 06:08
$50???.. He makes $14 an hour .. Thats almost a weeks pay!!!

I like to think of it as an 'investment'.

SARGE
14th October 2009, 06:10
I like to think of it as an 'investment'.

ya gotta expect SOME kinda return though.....