PDA

View Full Version : I'm no longer receiving email notification of PM's

Ms Piggy
14th April 2005, 16:17
I've reset my options but they hadn't changed at all. Anyone else having this problem? It's been the case since the site was down on Monday.

MSTRS
14th April 2005, 16:19
I've reset my options but they hadn't changed at all. Anyone else having this problem? It's been the case since the site was down on Monday.
Yep, same here. Still get on-screen ping when in KB tho.

Waylander
14th April 2005, 16:20
Never did get E-mail about PM's. Didn't like opening up my email and seeing a mailbox full of emails saying this or that thread has been replied to so I turned them off. Really wouldn't want that to happen with PM's.

(appostophe there to lessen the cunfusion)

Quasievil
14th April 2005, 16:22
same here no email notification, no matter though, just means I aint got 100 emails to read every day after work

Skunk
14th April 2005, 16:23
same here no email notification, no matter though, just means I aint got 100 emails to read every day after workGlad I'm not popular... :shake:

Ms Piggy
14th April 2005, 16:37
Never did get E-mail about PM's. Didn't like opening up my email and seeing a mailbox full of emails saying this or that thread has been replied to so I turned them off. Really wouldn't want that to happen with PM's.
This is PM's not notification of new threads, that's annoying.
Please note apostrophe added.

same here no email notification, no matter though, just means I aint got 100 emails to read every day after work
Obviously I'm not the PM hussy that you are Quasi ;)

Waylander
14th April 2005, 16:40
This is PM's not notification of new threads, that's annoying.
Please note apostrophe added.

Isn't that what I said? Yea I referenced it to threads but it's still the same basic thing. Getting E-mails about PM's would still mean lots of messeges I don't need. lol

2_SL0
14th April 2005, 16:51
Dunno about the pm thing but I cant start a topic in any forums?

Ms Piggy
14th April 2005, 17:55
Isn't that what I said? Yea I referenced it to threads but it's still the same basic thing. Getting E-mails about PM's would still mean lots of messeges I don't need. lol
You obviously have more stalkers than me. :cool:

inlinefour
14th April 2005, 20:06
But no longer get any. Dunno what happened, but its not too much of a problem and I suspect that I'll be able to live with it :mobile:

Blackbird
14th April 2005, 20:44
Yep, same problems as everyone else and my smiley'sets are sometimes animated and sometimes not.

Geoff

riffer
14th April 2005, 20:51
Yeah, sorry guys.

I got wari to tweak kiwibiker so I could post some threads.

Turns out that the new server only has enough RAM to allow one user to function properly at any one time.

You guys will all have to wait until I log off before KB will work properly again.

:whistle: PT

dangerous
14th April 2005, 21:35
FWIW I like getting the emails regarding the fact that someone has posted in a thread that I'm following..... it saves time, also emails regarding p/ms are good too I only need too check email to see if I need to go to KB instead of doing both.

anyway....... nothings been getting through lately aye, 'no rush boss, just when ya ge the time'

ps: isent the boss over seas or something?

gav
14th April 2005, 23:28
Like you're not going to log onto KB, :killingme :killingme :killingme :whistle: good one, Rog.....

scumdog
14th April 2005, 23:31

Same here Cathy, in fact I get NO notification of any sort i.e. "replies to threads you have subscribed to".

P.S Met Lulu at Middlemarch.

Ms Piggy
14th April 2005, 23:56
P.S Met Lulu at Middlemarch.
Yeah! What was she doin' there? Was she at the rally in her band? She tells me nothing! :rolleyes:

scumdog
15th April 2005, 10:36
Yeah! What was she doin' there? Was she at the rally in her band? She tells me nothing! :rolleyes:

Yup, there with the band, singing well and seemed pleased to see us (well at least she recognised us!)
She didn't stay the night - her band was the first and she was heading for home - introduced us to some of the band (Garry?).

White trash
15th April 2005, 15:19
Obviously, over the past couple of days, I've had a few PMs. Heaps actually.

Now my e-mail "inbox" has just gone mental with notifications, one after another flowing in at a rate of 1 a second.

Brilliant! 'Bout 38 in total so far.

bugjuice
15th April 2005, 15:24
same with me. Must have just come back on line and realised it had some work to do!

MSTRS
15th April 2005, 15:26
same with me. Must have just come back on line and realised it had some work to do!
Me too.........

ManDownUnder
15th April 2005, 15:32
Me too.........

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!!!

Dayam that's a lot of emails...

Paul in NZ
15th April 2005, 16:15
I'm getting emails re PM's I already got emailed about.. Cool!

Paul N

dangerous
15th April 2005, 16:43
Obviously, over the past couple of days, I've had a few PMs. Heaps actually.

Now my e-mail "inbox" has just gone mental with notifications, one after another flowing in at a rate of 1 a second.

Brilliant! 'Bout 38 in total so far.
38....... Huh, the Honda rider pulls ahead again with '42' KB emails :Punk:

Legolas
15th April 2005, 17:07
Just started getting emails. First ones I've had since I joined. :2thumbsup

Ms Piggy
19th April 2005, 09:10
Actually yes I've started getting PM notification again. But now I have a new problem...I seem to be unable to post new topics or I can't see them once I have posted. :spudwhat: :spudwhat: :spudwhat:

I tried posting under 'general biker ravings' and then it said I was posting a duplicate thread. Ok, ok...maybe someone is trying to tell me I should go study.

I'll take the hint.

Slim
19th April 2005, 12:30
Actually yes I've started getting PM notification again. But now I have a new problem...I seem to be unable to post new topics or I can't see them once I have posted. :spudwhat: :spudwhat: :spudwhat:

I tried posting under 'general biker ravings' and then it said I was posting a duplicate thread. Ok, ok...maybe someone is trying to tell me I should go study.
Ditto.

I've got major news to share, and I can't start a new thread so everyone can share in my joy. :crybaby:

wari
19th April 2005, 12:57
DA place has fallin ta bitts since I took ovrr ... :wari:

SPankme ... ocme back :cry:

TEll ya whatt tho' ...

THisissan inter-mitt-ant problem which has been en-durred my morre than one purr-son ... :yeah:

SO you are notta lone ... :niceone:

I BLame da host servrr ... :yes: ... anda host servrr blames me .. :eyepoke:

HAve a grrreat day folks ... :spudwave:

Slim
19th April 2005, 13:14
How can I not have a great day after reading one of your wonderful replies??? :)

Ixion
19th April 2005, 13:42
I BLame da host servrr ... :yes: ... anda host servrr blames me .. :eyepoke:

I blame the gubbermint, myself. Or the French

dangerous
19th April 2005, 19:01
Ditto.

I've got major news to share, and I can't start a new thread so everyone can share in my joy. :crybaby:
so tell us now slim... you know how KB works, in no time the hole board will know of your major news.... what is it? spill girl :ride:

Slipstream
19th April 2005, 19:08

Thanks Wari, I will :D

:banana:

Slim
20th April 2005, 09:02
so tell us now slim... you know how KB works, in no time the hole board will know of your major news.... what is it? spill girl :ride:
It's just not the same without it's very own thread. :(