PDA

View Full Version : Auto cam chain adjuster, CRB600, 14550-MV9-671

Bobtree
8th October 2009, 12:21
I bought this back when I had a CBR600FM 1991.

I took the bike to a local shop and they ordered the part for me and installed it. Then told me the original one still had lots of wear left in it but now had a groove that stopped it's 'auto' function from working. How ever they could convert it to a 'manual cam chain adjuster' for me (as long as I only bought it back to them for adjustments and didn't try to do it my self, no charge). Great!

I said yes and they gave me this one back with less than a day in the bike and nearly no use at all.

I don't know what it's worth yet, I'm waiting on a quote from a bike store. When I get it I'll make it cheaper (including postage). Other wise make me an offer. I should have a price by later on today.

Got the quote, $130 ex-Japan. Will drop the price to $50, I don't need it maybe you do?

This is an genuine Honda part with it's original packaging. The numbers...
14550-MV9-671 and L9V11
are on the bag, I assume one of them is the part number.

I Googled the part number "14550-MV9-671" and got the following Forum. I don't know anything about mechanics so for any technical questions you'd be out of luck. I believe in the following as the model number matches mine the "91-F2" model matches the CBR60091FM cam chain adjuster.

Forum Comment:
Just so everyone knows, the F2/F3 cam chain tensioners are NOT compatible. The part numbers, as well as their appearance drastically differs.

Part #'s:
'91-'94 F2: ADJUSTER, CAM CHAIN 14550-MV9-671
'95-'96 F3: LIFTER SET 06140-MAL-305 (replaces 14520-MAL-602)
'97-'98 F3: LIFTER, TENSIONER 14520-MBZ-K01 (replaces 14520-MBZ-K00)

The only case that I would believe yields compatibility is if you want to use a '97-'98 F3 cam chain tensioner for a '95-'96 engine or vice-versa, with the reason being that they appear nearly identical, as do their gaskets.

However --as I first stated--, it appears as though an F2 cam chain tensioner would not be able to be used on any F3 engine, nor would an F3 tensioner work with an F2 engine.

Forum Response:
I took the CCT off my dying F2 race engine and put it on my F3 race engine without any issues. I won 2 regionals and the GNF with that CCT.

They are interchangeable.

Bobtree
13th October 2009, 16:10
You know what, make me an offer and I'll consider it. No not free (unless you've got a very very good story why you NEED this part) and you'll have to do better than $10, LOL.