PDA

View Full Version : militec 1

Jackrat
28th October 2003, 08:51
Ok I am totaly sold on this stuff.I have always had an intrest in oil
additives,unfortunatly most of them are crap.Not so with this stuff,
for a start it is not an additive as such,your oil is just a carrier for it,it is in fact a metal treatment.I first started useing it in my rifles,
The action on my old BRNO was a bit sticky so I used this stuff an now she is slick as duck poo,on paper my hundred yard five shot group has come down from just over an inch to well under an inch,plus I never now get rust starting up after a week of rain in the bush.Next I put it in my 4x4,now the temp don,t come up no matter how I cane it,it is quiter an puts out less smoke when I,m on the gas,the incress in power is very noticable.The bike will be next.For more info cheak out their site. www.militec.co.nz
or phone,,64 7 863 6816
PS,,added to oil in a scot oiler would have to be a go I think.
Cheers,,,Jack

Motoracer
28th October 2003, 09:50
These additives do do wonders for the engine and transmition on bikes but be warned, if your clutch slips at times, adding something like this might make it worst. I tried Motorup and got all the benifits except for the slipping clutch. :argh:

Jackrat
28th October 2003, 11:32
I guess thats one thing I should of mentioned,this stuff will not effect your clutch.Their web site has a link to a ZZR group where they talk about it,one guy has 15000ks up with no clutch prob,s.
Cheers.:niceone:

Jackrat
13th November 2003, 21:55
Ok I added Miltiec 1 to the bike today,Remember it don,t have teflon or PTFE in it so it won,t effect clutch slip.
At first I got white vapor coming out the exhausts,this is steam from moisture build up in the engine,some thing all engines have to some extent.After warming up for around ten minites I went for a 50km ride.The first thing I noticed was the gear changing was much smoother,the bike seemed to become more responsive,I stopped at one stage and had to wind my idle down as it had gone from 1600rpm to just over 2000.
Riding the bike I could detect a real drop in engine and gear box noise,at rest it was even more noticable.
the whole engine,gear box now feels much chrisper and fresh.
:2thumbsup

wari
13th November 2003, 22:28
YOu're notta salesman for millitec are ya ?

WEll ya should be !!

wari
13th November 2003, 23:01
ONe morr question ... how much isit ?

Motu
14th November 2003, 06:58
aaahh,crisp and fresh eh - salad days are here....and a cold lager.

Jackrat
14th November 2003, 07:23
It cost 29.95 plus 2.95 for the courier.
Thats for one treatment,thats supposed last 25000km,
60ml the first time then 30ml each treatment after that.
I rang the guy on monday an had the stuff thursday,
He don,t have an automotive dealer in the Auckland area.
I have no conection with the stuff other than being very impressed when I used it for my rifles,then again in my 4x4,now in Bike.
Cheers :niceone:

Big Dog
14th November 2003, 18:15
I have used similar product in the past very good! Better fuel consumption, beter this better that yadda yadda. All true but apparently they root your linings in the cylanders if you stop using them so I wouldn't reccomend them if you plan to keep your bike for a long time. But I would reccommend them for tidying up that trade in or squeezing a few extra ponies out of the ride you only want for a year or two.

IMHO:beer:

Jackrat
14th November 2003, 18:53
Yep I hear ya mate,but that is PTFE or teflon based products you are talking about,an you are perfectly correct they will destroy your engine over time.
Militec is a metal treatment not a coating,It will only work on metal
an that is why it don,t effect clutch action or oil seals ect.
I worked in the steel industry for fifteen years and had the chance
to test most of the oil additives avalible and found two that really did what they are claimed to do.The other one is SILICOIL a ceramic base treatment.
The interesting thing about some of them is that dupont who invented PTFE will not endorse its use in automotive apllication
as their own research shows the long term damage done.
During my time with BHP we found fifty different additives in some
treatments,all ment as a coating,an yes they don,t work,Try zinc,copper,sulfer,mollybedinum,arsenic,sodium C an they arn,t even the bad ones,but some of them will kill you as well as your engine.
:gob:
And then there is something else most people don,t know,good old castor oil is still one of the best engine oils known.
and it smells good
:p

Big Dog
14th November 2003, 22:15
It aint the use but the ceasation of use that roots the liners. Your engine is operating at higher compression due to less blow through and smoother cams, hence hotter. Once the liners stop being coated by the additive they burn off pretty quick. Same reason your not supposed to swich to synthetic oil then back again. EOD its your equipment you decide.

Jackrat
15th November 2003, 07:45
Not that I always insist on having the last word,but IT IS NOT A COATING,IS DO NOT WEAR OFF,your WHOLE engine runs cooler,
I guess some folks still have trouble with electricity an the concept
of gravity.I can tell you would be a top drinking partner,We could solve the worlds problems,no sweat aye:D

Big Dog
15th November 2003, 12:19
:beer: :apint:

riffer
20th November 2003, 11:30
Check out this link if you are interested. American soldiers are complaining that the Army makes them use CLP, when Militec is a far superior product in their opinions.

Apparently the CLP attracts sand to the weapons, whereas the Militec does not. American soldiers have major problems with their weapons not working over in Iraq:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/investigators/wabc_investigators_111803gunlube.html

Not that I support the war or anything, just thought it made interesting reading ...

wari
16th December 2004, 22:20
ANyone able todo a long term re-view of this pro-duck-t ... :spudwhat:

Artifice
16th December 2004, 23:27
And then there is something else most people don,t know,good old castor oil is still one of the best engine oils known.
and it smells good
in fact Castrol used to be made from caster oil, hence the name CASTeROiL not sure what they make it out of these days

Motu
17th December 2004, 06:23
Caster keeps me on the straight and narrow,castor gives me the shits.