PDA

View Full Version : 2009 DR650 Black Beastie up for sale!

Paladin
11th October 2009, 11:33
Bike is SOLD!!!!!

junkmanjoe
11th October 2009, 12:07
Dam good bash plate too, might i add....

so dave what ya getting..mate..

Paladin
11th October 2009, 12:19
Dam good bash plate too, might i add....

so dave what ya getting..mate..

Probably a WeeStrom mate!

;)

dino3310
11th October 2009, 14:03

;)

the 650 or the thou

junkmanjoe
11th October 2009, 14:34
dont think dave could handle the thou.....:blank:

kevfromcoro
11th October 2009, 14:49
the 650 or the thou

ride the 650 first.
its a great bike...

Paladin
11th October 2009, 15:18
It'll be the 650 for definite! Not even considering the thou!

Picking up the extra 20kgs off the ground (as I do! ;) ) not on the agenda - don't wanna be in for a hernia repair on the right side now the left side is healin! :devil2:

junkmanjoe
11th October 2009, 19:05
Good boy.... possibly a safe option...:doctor:

dino3310
11th October 2009, 19:37
It'll be the 650 for definite! Not even considering the thou!

Picking up the extra 20kgs off the ground (as I do! ;) ) not on the agenda - don't wanna be in for a hernia repair on the right side now the left side is healin! :devil2:

i'm not saying a word:shutup:

Paladin
11th October 2009, 20:41
i'm not saying a word:shutup:

Well a certain DR BIG owner has already asked me if i wanna buy his bike now it has a new wiring loom and will shortly actually be running again after a long saga!
:msn-wink:

I think I'm headed the Twin route tho! I DID like riding Benjah's new Wee Strom the other day; so smooth and FAST, long power bands! :niceone:

cold comfort
11th October 2009, 21:48
Hired a DL650 for an advanced rider training day a while back. I found it well balanced and did everything (on road) very well. Prob damn good value for money. Not exciting but very practical

Paladin
12th October 2009, 17:14
Hired a DL650 for an advanced rider training day a while back. I found it well balanced and did everything (on road) very well. Prob damn good value for money. Not exciting but very practical

Cheers! Maybe someone will trade me for their DL650!
:innocent:

dino3310
12th October 2009, 17:25
Well a certain DR BIG owner has already asked me if i wanna buy his bike now it has a new wiring loom and will shortly actually be running again after a long saga!

I think I'm headed the Twin route tho! I DID like riding Benjah's new Wee Strom the other day; so smooth and FAST, long power bands! :niceone:

Who's that matey, i might know of a few interested in purchasing a BIG, i would love to get another myself and rally mod it up but the ole purse strings tighter than a nuns Gstring

Paladin
12th October 2009, 18:28
Who's that matey, i might know of a few interested in purchasing a BIG, i would love to get another myself and rally mod it up but the ole purse strings tighter than a nuns Gstring

PM Connor !!!!

Paladin
18th October 2009, 08:54
And yes, I AM open to reasonable offers!

:2thumbsup

One more week on KB, then it will be on TradeMe too.

Paladin
20th October 2009, 17:35
I'm using the bike daily in the week so thought I had better update the odometer reading:

7950 Km's

And a reduced price!!!!!

$7500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paladin
11th November 2009, 23:08
Price dropped for KB'ers to $7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a 2009!!!! Mad or what????!!!!!!!

Will prob list on TM this Saturday, so get in touch quick if interested! At that price TM only has 2007 and 2008's available!!!!!

FlangMasterJ
12th November 2009, 08:50
Did I see this bike tearing around the Melling bridge roundabout yesterday?

Sounded nice!

Good luck with the sale.

Paladin
12th November 2009, 13:34
Did I see this bike tearing around the Melling bridge roundabout yesterday?

Sounded nice!

Good luck with the sale.

Not yesterday, but do go round there fairly regularly; yep the Cycleworks pipe sounds nice LOL!

Paladin
14th November 2009, 15:14
The DR should be on Tardme tonite, probably at $7350 - 7500 area, so $7k on KB is runnin out of time as the only listing.
The $7k offer to KB members will remain firm & ongoing tho, whatever TM says!

I aint sellin it for under $7k at this time, so doesn't matter what any TM tyre kicker offers me; if it has a 6 in front, it aint goin anywhere. It's a sooper dooper total steal at $7k for an '09 with $1500+ of extras and 14 months+ warranty left & dealer service record.

I'd rather trade it in than sell it for under $7k!

Waihou Thumper
14th November 2009, 18:26
in front of it too though, so stick with selling it mate! :yes:

Paladin
15th November 2009, 18:28
in front of it too though, so stick with selling it mate! :yes:

Bloody good point Mark!

I'm sure someone will make me an offer I can't refuse!

Gizzit
15th November 2009, 18:38

;)

Your DR looks very nice mate. They are great go anywhere .... do pretty much anything .... kind of bikes. :niceone:

Have they improved the seat with the 09 model ? :)

Gizzit
15th November 2009, 18:41
The DR should be on Tardme tonite, probably at $7350 - 7500 area, so $7k on KB is runnin out of time as the only listing.
The $7k offer to KB members will remain firm & ongoing tho, whatever TM says!

I aint sellin it for under $7k at this time, so doesn't matter what any TM tyre kicker offers me; if it has a 6 in front, it aint goin anywhere. It's a sooper dooper total steal at $7k for an '09 with $1500+ of extras and 14 months+ warranty left & dealer service record.

I'd rather trade it in than sell it for under $7k!

You should get $7K easily. That's a bloody good deal. Best of luck.

Paladin
15th November 2009, 20:09
Your DR looks very nice mate. They are great go anywhere .... do pretty much anything .... kind of bikes. :niceone:

Have they improved the seat with the 09 model ? :)

Thx mate! Yeah the '09 black tank DOES look good on them and by some miracle mine is still pretty much mint LOL!
The seat is fine but not great for very long trips. 300km days don't really bother me specially with a sheepie strapped on it but I could be comfortablerererer! ;)
Recently I have been put on some meds by the doc that make my fingers go numb way quicker, so again a need to move to a less vibey machine; ie not a thumper!

You should get $7K easily. That's a bloody good deal. Best of luck.

Thanks, I hope so! I think $7k is stupidly cheap for an '09 with those extras and more than half the warranty still to run, but we'll see I guess! I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways! At least I'm not selling it cos i hate the bike, so if it doesn't sell i won't be cryin into me cornflakes; I'll just mod it up for touring and ride onwards!

cold comfort
15th November 2009, 20:45
Did prob 3x that last 2 days over the Nevis to Te Anau and back with OMCC in my padded trousers! It is cetainly do-able even with a previously # tailbone.
Bloody great bike the DR- truely the swiss army knife of bikes. Value for money.

Paladin
16th November 2009, 11:31
Bloody great bike the DR- truely the swiss army knife of bikes. Value for money.

You're not wrong bro!!!!! I've loved owning mine SO much!

Paladin
21st November 2009, 14:48
Well, looks like I may have found 2 possible bikes for me!

So...... this would be the ideal opportunity for any KB'ers who fancy owning a DR to make offers!!!!!

Paladin
15th December 2009, 13:00
BIKE IS SOLD!

:woohoo:

Waihou Thumper
15th December 2009, 14:10
Now is the time to go shoppin'
Wanna buy a DR Big?...:)

Haha.....

Gizzit
23rd December 2009, 17:53
BIKE IS SOLD!

:woohoo:

Good for you mate. I hope you got your price. :niceone: The DR is a bloody good bike !!

What have you bought to replace it ??