PDA

View Full Version : It's home!

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2009, 14:02
My dream Moto-X bike...a nice Suzuki RM400N (1979). Looking good for a 30 year old eh?

Looks so good in my lounge...be a shame to take it out and get it dirty. But I will.

:devil2:

MSTRS
11th October 2009, 14:05
:drool: That'll get your knuckles scraping...

riffer
11th October 2009, 14:12
Ah the good old 400cc 2stroker. Had the Yamaha version of that.

Nasty brutish things. No finesse, ordinary handling, but huge acceleration.

I loved it.

cs363
11th October 2009, 14:20
Shit, that's a minter Pete - don't see too many of those old girls in that sort of condition!
Good to hear it'll get some use and not just be show pony either :niceone:

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2009, 14:33
Shit, that's a minter Pete - don't see too many of those old girls in that sort of condition!
Good to hear it'll get some use and not just be show pony either :niceone:

Yeah I'm loving it. It was Carl from Motor rads...needs some seeing to...but I'll sort it. Got an original 'DG' chamber coming for it (way more go...and I don't want to fuck the original one)...some new plastics. I'll tear the top end off it and have a wee look inside. Cables and general tidy up...then vintage MX here I come.

YellowDog
11th October 2009, 14:43
Motorcycle in you Living Room!!!!!

What's your secret?

Either you are happily dirvoced OR you have an extremely undertsanding other half.

cs363
11th October 2009, 15:03
Yeah I'm loving it. It was Carl from Motor rads...needs some seeing to...but I'll sort it. Got an original 'DG' chamber coming for it (way more go...and I don't want to fuck the original one)...some new plastics. I'll tear the top end off it and have a wee look inside. Cables and general tidy up.

That sounds like the go, she'll be a weapon. :niceone:

...then vintage MX here I come.

Well, you've certainly got the wardrobe for it..... :whistle: :apint:

rachprice
11th October 2009, 15:23
Give us go on your bike mister

nothingflash
11th October 2009, 15:25

What's your secret?

Either you are happily dirvoced OR you have an extremely undertsanding other half.

I'll say - I can't even wear shoes inside!

Mom
11th October 2009, 15:25
You be careful on that Pete, she has the meanest power band :yes:

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2009, 15:36

What's your secret?

Never been married or had kids. So I really can do as I please

That sounds like the go, she'll be a weapon. :niceone:

I only ride weapons mate.

Give us go on your bike mister

Ummm...maybe...not sure if I'll simply leave you with the 4 fiddy.

I'll say - I can't even wear shoes inside!

Shoes are over rated anyway.

You be careful on that Pete, she has the meanest power band :yes:

So do I. Narrow and hard to use...that's me!

F5 Dave
11th October 2009, 15:47
That looks damn tasty Pete.

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2009, 16:00
That looks damn tasty Pete.

I reckon too. Can't wait to ride the thing. I did so many km's over the firebreaks above Naenae/Wainuiomata as a kid on my RM 400C. I feel like going up there with the 'N'!

Motu
11th October 2009, 16:55
Fence magnet.

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2009, 17:39
Fence magnet.

You mean a fence will attract me to it...then through it? Bit like water attracts a golf ball...

Motu
11th October 2009, 19:17
Find a big paddock,have a bit of fun on your big bore 2 stroke - bet you'll end up in a fence.They go waaaay faster than you thought....and you can't stop them no matter how hard you clench your arse.

sAsLEX
11th October 2009, 19:31
Where else would you keep a bike?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83102&d=1200888519

eelracing
12th October 2009, 02:18
Yeah I'm loving it....then vintage MX here I come.

Excellent news,another VMXr for the fold.

You do realise that there is now a "Claiming Rule" in Vintage MX...I might
just have to put in for those shocks:whistle:

No doubt the 400 is a minta' as Carl's bikes have always been immaculate.

tri boy
12th October 2009, 06:13
Pah tang tang tang tang...................
WOOT!!:headbang:

Dodgyiti
12th October 2009, 18:34
The PE250 was vicious enough, the RM400 is scary. My old bones ache just thinking about it. Really mint one you got there though, nice!

Best comment so far : Fence Magnet

Seen it, helped him pull it out of the fence, then he asked me if I wanted a go
:sweatdrop

I declined. And waited till we took them up the beach to a place with less to crash into:lol:

Fatjim
12th October 2009, 18:43
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I've just had visions of crasher in stubbies!

cs363
12th October 2009, 18:54
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I've just had visions of crasher in stubbies!

Don't just imagine it, here it is for real... :lol:

Crasherfromwayback
12th October 2009, 19:15
Find a big paddock,have a bit of fun on your big bore 2 stroke - bet you'll end up in a fence.They go waaaay faster than you thought....and you can't stop them no matter how hard you clench your arse.

Nah...I've been round them from the start! Got an RM125 at 13, and an RM400C at 15. Taught me all about throttle control from an early age! That...and how to start nasty bikes wiff ma leg!

Motu
12th October 2009, 19:18
Bet you could cut a carrot in half with your anal spincture...

Armitage Shanks
12th October 2009, 19:53
My dream Moto-X bike...a nice Suzuki RM400N (1979). Looking good for a 30 year old eh?

Looks so good in my lounge...be a shame to take it out and get it dirty. But I will.

:devil2:

Nice to see you've got your priorities right Crashman ... :yes:

sugilite
12th October 2009, 20:07
What an awesome bike Pete!
I remember being passed by such mighty beasts while riding my bmx bike up wrights hill, karori. I'd watch them on that old university track in awe and from a safe distance. :lol:

Bloody good score that man!:rockon:

Crasherfromwayback
12th October 2009, 20:45
Bet you could cut a carrot in half with your anal spincture...

Even if said carrot was made of steel mate...

Crasherfromwayback
12th October 2009, 20:48
Nice to see you've got your priorities right Crashman ... :yes:

Snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love yer work. And ya CR. Don't tell anyone...but I have a soft spot for big bore CR's. I won a beach racing title at 18 on a CR480.

Crasherfromwayback
12th October 2009, 20:49
I remember being passed by such mighty beasts while riding my bmx bike up wrights hill, karori. I'd watch them on that old university track in awe and from a safe distance. :lol:

Cheers mate...I'm loving it! How's that dirty old KX I sold you going?

nudemetalz
13th October 2009, 07:38
She's luvly, Pete.

Reminds of my days back in the '80s with my RM80Z.

Hmm,...I should get a VMX'er I think....

Crasherfromwayback
13th October 2009, 08:09
She's luvly, Pete.

Reminds of my days back in the '80s with my RM80Z.

Yes you should. We all should!

F5 Dave
13th October 2009, 08:21

Haha, me too, back when the Arena was half bog. Bit of a slog up there on the BMX but a neat ride down Wrights hill road (without having to pedal!!) which was the kids version of having a motor (unless you were one of these spoiled kids who had an MX bike as a nipper).

My bro's mate had a near new RM250 he used to ride up there that he used to ride on the road to transport it. One night leaving our place with a big torch strapped to the front he left & we heard a Whump a few seconds later as he didn't, make the first long corner & knocked the fence up.

eelracing
13th October 2009, 11:30

You gotta do it,twice the fun of a road bike at half the speed.(at my speed anyway)

Also IMO it's the cheapest motorsport going and no MNZ license required.And all the guys and a couple of gal's are only to willing to help out in anyway.

Only the one rule...all bikes are pre 1986 and classes for 125,250,open,two and four strokes,pre 75,pre78 just introduced,pre 81 and pre 86.Theres an Evo class for people to bring along and race there old XR XL TT 250's and IT PE 175's etc

Also a recreation class for peeps to come along and try it out.All tracks are natural terrain.

nudemetalz
13th October 2009, 11:35
I guess my 1991 DR250 (like the 350 model) wouldn't qualify, even though it ain't no powerhouse !!

eelracing
13th October 2009, 11:43
I guess my 1991 DR250 (like the 350 model) wouldn't qualify, even though it ain't no powerhouse !!

If you're prepared to wait another 5 years it might...but yeah, sorry pre 86 is it for now.

nudemetalz
13th October 2009, 12:05
Actually it's my wife's bike so she may notice it gone and replaced :bash: