PDA

View Full Version : Idiot. Whitford today!

Teambwr47
11th October 2009, 16:32
If you were the rider on some shit old black piece of rubbish sportsbike who flicked us the finger today going up Sandstone road from Whitford, Auckland, you're a bloody idiot.

As an ex road rider and currently a racer you actually do need sometimes to wait until a car has overtaken another car until you can pass you prick, so sticking your finger up to a car full of family and kids was such a big gesture on your part eh?

If I'd caught up with you at the lights in Botany, after you'd overtaken the next group of cars by ignoring the double yellows and the 60KMPH limit which you must have done way over a 100 through, you'd be thinking twice about the next time you feel like being so big and brave.

Plenty of people moan about the way bikers are perceived on the road but its little wonder why when riders like you behave as you do.

mattian
11th October 2009, 16:41
road rage begets even more road rage until it reaches boiling point. Would you really want to punch someone out in front of a family and kids?

just let it go. he will get his come uppance. Until then, just be aware that they're out there!!!! everywhere !!!! and even more prevelant on weekends I have found.

Headbanger
11th October 2009, 16:42
you'd be thinking twice about the next time you feel like being so big and brave

Talking about being big and brave, what exactly did you intend to do to him? You know, in front of your kids and everything.

McJim
11th October 2009, 16:42
Plenty of people moan about the way bikers are perceived on the road but its little wonder why when riders like you behave as you do.

Welcome to NZ - the car drivers here as just as bad as the bikers.

Laxi
11th October 2009, 16:47
why 2 threads dude?

McJim
11th October 2009, 16:48

How do you pronounce Deja Vu in England?

I'll say it again - being a wanker on the road is a New Zealander thing - not reserved for bikes. for sensible road users you have to return to blighty.

James Deuce
11th October 2009, 16:49
Please refer to my signature.

Teambwr47
11th October 2009, 17:02
Talking about being big and brave, what exactly did you intend to do to him? You know, in front of your kids and everything.

Its amazing how many people when they are so brave out on the open road suddenly refuse to look or talk etc to someone they are then, just down the road, right alongside.

I'd happily have had words that would have been between me and the rider away from family that would leave him in little doubt about my views.

In reality never going to happen or be able to happen but how would you feel about it, happy that some prat does the same to you?

Do you assume that it has to end in violence, it doesn't?

Teambwr47
11th October 2009, 17:03
why 2 threads dude?

Ooopps stuck the first one in the wrong place and then though i could delete it but......

Teambwr47
11th October 2009, 17:08
road rage begets even more road rage until it reaches boiling point. Would you really want to punch someone out in front of a family and kids?

just let it go. he will get his come uppance. Until then, just be aware that they're out there!!!! everywhere !!!! and even more prevelant on weekends I have found.

Sadly he will probably get his come upance the way he rides and very likely become another statistic road rider crash.

surfchick
11th October 2009, 17:08
Holy cow, I thought your post was a rant at me for a second - as I came up behind a row of cars today, and one of the cars kept driving 1.5 over the centre line on the wrong side of the road just to shave off the corners, I went past him on a straight and waved a pointed finger straight at him (first finger tho :) - as I thought he was risking his car load of passengers including kids. Then.. I was gone. :rolleyes:

However, re reading the post you were in east AK and I was on SH16 up near Wellsford...and my r6 is red/white.:cool: lucky escape from the wrath of this post!!:devil2:

Maha
11th October 2009, 17:29
Whats an 'upance' ?

cs363
11th October 2009, 17:33
Whats an 'upance' ?

It's like an uppance only with less p. :apint:

CookMySock
11th October 2009, 18:03
road rage begets even more road rage until it reaches boiling point. Would you really want to punch someone out in front of a family and kids?I reckon. And why would you feel the need to push in front of the biker? He is going to be gone in 1.2 seconds yet you force him to wait behind you.

Steve

The Pastor
11th October 2009, 19:02
If you were the rider on some shit old black piece of rubbish sportsbike who flicked us the finger today going up Sandstone road from Whitford, Auckland, you're a bloody idiot.

As an ex road rider and currently a racer you actually do need sometimes to wait until a car has overtaken another car until you can pass you prick, so sticking your finger up to a car full of family and kids was such a big gesture on your part eh?

If I'd caught up with you at the lights in Botany, after you'd overtaken the next group of cars by ignoring the double yellows and the 60KMPH limit which you must have done way over a 100 through, you'd be thinking twice about the next time you feel like being so big and brave.

http://img.skitch.com/20090310-fue4arsbcqnqj5q9327sc2gd46.jpg

Tink
11th October 2009, 19:10

My kids once witnessed a courier driver giving us a finger.. "who knows why"... prob SHE was late.... I called her company and told them that she was a useless driver, and I was unimpressed with their company policy of giving the finger to kids... .... the guy/gal will get whats coming to them for sure.... don't stress, just be glad no one was hurt... :)

Headbanger
11th October 2009, 19:15

I assumed nothing, I asked a question.

Though I can see you getting your arse kicked in a mighty big way if you think its a grand plan to chase down people and have a face-to-face confrontation, Lmfao.

A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Personally I get the shits when a family wagon ruins the passing lane by sitting it it like a beached whale, I'm on the bikers side. In fact I'm going to make a point of giving people the finger when they pull that shit.....wait....I already do.

flyingcr250
11th October 2009, 19:16
Sadly he will probably get his come upance the way he rides and very likely become another statistic road rider crash.

i hope not, the last thing we need is an ACC levy rise.................wait a minute..................:spanking:

Tink
11th October 2009, 19:20
I assumed nothing, I asked a question.

Though I can see you getting your arse kicked in a mighty big way if you think its a grand plan to chase down people and have a face-to-face confrontation, Lmfao.

A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Personally I get the shits when a family wagon ruins the passing lane by sitting it it like a beached whale, I'm on the bikers side. In fact I'm going to make a point of giving people the finger when they pull that shit.....wait....I already do.

SURELY it depends on how fast the beached whale is going in the BMW, audi... or... think about it... we may pay more rego, but does it give us the right to speed... if that was the case or not... the finger is unnecessary when kids are concerned.

Headbanger
11th October 2009, 19:22
Personally I'd go three wide,into the oposing lane and give the finger only if I was already commited to passing and some twat pulled out without checking his mirrors.

Not to say this happened in this incident, Though it happens to me quite often, I assume my pipes just aren't loud enough.

wbks
11th October 2009, 19:33

.Ohhhh scary:devil2:

wbks
11th October 2009, 19:35
SURELY it depends on how fast the beached whale is going in the BMW, audi... or... think about it...I'd assume so or else where would the levies go?...

Tink
11th October 2009, 19:44
Personally I'd go three wide,into the oposing lane and give the finger only if I was already commited to passing and some twat pulled out without checking his mirrors.

Not to say this happened in this incident, Though it happens to me quite often, I assume my pipes just aren't loud enough.

Yup now your talking.... those that don't check there mirrors are idiots.. but I don't think this is the case... its just proof its not a rider, cage driver, or any other item on the road...... its who is in charge of the vehicle in question!!!:msn-wink:

PrincessBandit
11th October 2009, 19:55

No. He will probably cause some other innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time to be the statistic.

p.s. I just had to check the thread out as my son was riding the Whitford loop today, so it's just as well it wasn't "rider on a red gn250".... (just as well for his sake!!!!)

Pussy
11th October 2009, 19:59
p.s. I just had to check the thread out as my son was riding the Whitford loop today, so it's just as well it wasn't "rider on a red gn250".... (just as well for his sake!!!!)

You going to be "PrincessBandit-the-muss" and put him over your knee?

scracha
11th October 2009, 20:04
I
As an ex road rider and currently a racer you actually do need sometimes to wait until a car has overtaken another car until you can pass you prick, so sticking

Oh I LOOOOVE when cars and bikes do that to me. The trick is to "accidently" miss a gear during the overtake so you end up in the outside lane that wee while longer.

just to REALLY piss them off

Tink
11th October 2009, 20:07
No. He will probably cause some other innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time to be the statistic.

heh ready for the ride.... !!! and its nice to eliminate family members in these kind of situations, I await the day my 12 year old wants her learners.. her dad rides too.. !

wbks
11th October 2009, 20:08
Oh I LOOOOVE when cars and bikes do that to me. The trick is to "accidently" miss a gear during the overtake so you end up in the outside lane that wee while longer.

just to REALLY piss them offAnd force them into the car behind you or a head on collision with the oncoming car? You sir, are cold:confused:

mynameis
11th October 2009, 20:34
:jerry: :jerry:

S0o0o who's telling the truth and who's fibbing here :lol:

Where's batman, I mean katman.

katman should the 2 threads be merged.

Would make a better bitch fight

scracha
11th October 2009, 21:26
And force them into the car behind you or a head on collision with the oncoming car? You sir, are cold:confused:
No...just hold them up a bit or force them to hit the picks and tuck back in behind the car.

And yes...I'm a bad motherfucker.

McJim
11th October 2009, 21:47
No...just hold them up a bit or force them to hit the picks and tuck back in behind the car.

And yes...I'm a bad motherfucker.

Your mother must be proud....sorry - that's right - it's the norm coz you're from Grangemouth :rofl: hey bro - gimme a high 6!

mnkyboy
12th October 2009, 00:03
Wasn't a black duke was it

i dont remember giving anyone the bird

but the riding style rings a bell

fatzx10r
12th October 2009, 05:43
If you were the rider on some shit old black piece of rubbish sportsbike

it was me :headbang:

SARGE
12th October 2009, 06:07

yea .. been there ..taxi driver .. 5 across the eyes ..

the wife wasnt impressed..:devil2:

mattian
12th October 2009, 06:47
Its amazing how many people when they are so brave out on the open road suddenly refuse to look or talk etc to someone they are then, just down the road, right alongside.

I'd happily have had words that would have been between me and the rider away from family that would leave him in little doubt about my views.

In reality never going to happen or be able to happen but how would you feel about it, happy that some prat does the same to you?

It has happened to me, frequently and, I have found that taking issue with someones behaviour in the heat of the moment only excalates the situation as the offender normally ups the ante until you are both trying to get the upper hand. Thats when ugly shit happens.
I would suggest that if you want to express your views about his riding behaviour. get his number plate and pay him a visit to discuss it after things have cooled down or, report it to the police.

skidMark
12th October 2009, 15:03
Why oh why must everybody post about all the shit happening out that way...

place has been crawling with pigs as of late because of all these fucking posts.... say one cop out there in 5 years... now i see 2-3 every ride...

muppets.

skidMark
12th October 2009, 15:08
Wasn't a black duke was it

i dont remember giving anyone the bird

but the riding style rings a bell

cough.... lol

Brett
12th October 2009, 22:53
Wasn't me...I would have waved instead of the finger. And I would have tried to wheelie past...

But seriously, there are some stupid ass drivers AND riders on the whitford roads now days. The amount of stupid things that happen on the whitford rd and even that whole area right out to Kawakawa bay and Kaiaua is staggering. No wonder there are so many fatals...

wbks
13th October 2009, 07:50
Wasn't me...I would have waved instead of the finger. And I would have tried to wheelie past...

But seriously, there are some stupid ass drivers AND riders on the whitford roads now days. The amount of stupid things that happen on the whitford rd and even that whole area right out to Kawakawa bay and Kaiaua is staggering. No wonder there are so many fatals...I didn't realize there were many fatals down Kaiaua/Kawakawa bay area?

mnkyboy
13th October 2009, 10:58
cough.... lol

Need a lozenge?

skidMark
13th October 2009, 12:39
I didn't realize there were many fatals down Kaiaua/Kawakawa bay area?

biker died in clevedon and a fella i knew wrapped his car around a post at 150 clicks.. within the last year, and i have had to pull 5 bikes out of ditches...

alot of dumb overtaking by riders etc working in the region with full view of the road seeing the silly shit makes you wonder, its turned into the new coro loop in the last year, basically why i dont bother riding out there anymore...

Taz
13th October 2009, 12:41
It was me.............

skidMark
13th October 2009, 12:51
It was me.............

You're not that good.

crazyhorse
13th October 2009, 13:00
Ohhhhh, we are a happy bunch now aren't we????? :innocent: Hope newbies to NZ get to see a better side of us bikers :done:

Brett
13th October 2009, 14:25
I didn't realize there were many fatals down Kaiaua/Kawakawa bay area?

Yeah and increasing. Lots of overtaking on blind corners etc and riders who go with a bit too much pace.

Taz
13th October 2009, 16:01
Yeah and increasing. Lots of overtaking on blind corners etc and riders who go with a bit too much pace.

There are alot of guys riding around out there on big bikes with zero skills too. Anyone can be fast in a straight line......

hang0ver
13th October 2009, 18:36
Blah Blah Blah.

wbks
13th October 2009, 18:50
Yeah and increasing. Lots of overtaking on blind corners etc and riders who go with a bit too much pace.Plenty of places with a good view to overtake anything so I wonder why some people would ride like that.. The too much pace part I can understand. Some of those clay slips around the coast, and deceptively sharp corners probably make it the most dangerous 3kms on the route? I've also found that it's not a good idea to take the blind corners too close to the line, there are many cyclists enjoying their middle of the road journey's most days. Can you imagine clipping some poor push bikin bastard with your knee through there?:sweatdrop

Ohhhhh, we are a happy bunch now aren't we????? :innocent: Hope newbies to NZ get to see a better side of us bikers :done:Wow... Nice avatar...

biker died in clevedon and a fella i knew wrapped his car around a post at 150 clicks.. within the last year, and i have had to pull 5 bikes out of ditches...

alot of dumb overtaking by riders etc working in the region with full view of the road seeing the silly shit makes you wonder, its turned into the new coro loop in the last year, basically why i dont bother riding out there anymore...Wow... I've lived there for half of my life and go up there every other weekend... I must be lucky to be missing all of this action!:crazy:

Brett
13th October 2009, 19:49
Plenty of places with a good view to overtake anything so I wonder why some people would ride like that.. The too much pace part I can understand. Some of those clay slips around the coast, and deceptively sharp corners probably make it the most dangerous 3kms on the route? I've also found that it's not a good idea to take the blind corners too close to the line, there are many cyclists enjoying their middle of the road journey's most days. Can you imagine clipping some poor push bikin bastard with your knee through there?:sweatdrop

Wow... Nice avatar...

Wow... I've lived there for half of my life and go up there every other weekend... I must be lucky to be missing all of this action!:crazy:

Its not so much the riders doing dodgy overtaking as it is the car drivers. And I was mostly talking about Whitford/Clevedon/Beachlands etc for the dodgy overtaking. However yeah, seen quite a few spills due to excessive rider speed for skill on the Kaiaua loop.

discotex
13th October 2009, 19:54
you actually do need sometimes to wait until a car has overtaken another car until you can pass you prick

Yeah it's generally much easier to undertake in the "slow" lane of the passing lane these days :Pokey:

To be fair it does feck me off when I indicate for 100m prior to the lane to make it clear I'm keen to go first and the fuckers pull out and lane hog at 70 but as long as you made a fair effort to pass I'm with you.

rosie631
14th October 2009, 10:11
Yeah it's generally much easier to undertake in the "slow" lane of the passing lane these days :Pokey:

To be fair it does feck me off when I indicate for 100m prior to the lane to make it clear I'm keen to go first and the fuckers pull out and lane hog at 70

Yeah, that is just fucking bullshit. I hate pricks that do it.