PDA

View Full Version : I hate my friends

Gubb
12th October 2009, 15:17
Ok ok, so it's kinda Gear related.

Last week I shot over to a Mates house for a small gathering. After dismounting someone asked me about gear, and my suprising lack of it. I explained that I had the gloves, helmet, jacket, pants and boots. They looked at me quizzically and asked about the pants. I started explaining to them what Draggin Jeans are. "You see they are like normal pants, but on the inside there is a kevlar lining that makes them moderately safer than normal pants".

With that my mate turned around and says, "Kevlar lining huh? So this wouldn't hurt then?" Before it even registered what was happening, my mate had put his size 9 into my ugly bits. I promptly collapsed on the ground feeling somewhat queazy.

Not sure how i'm gonna pay him back yet.
:crybaby:

yungatart
12th October 2009, 15:20
Nice mates, you have.
I'd be looking for some new ones.....

firefighter
12th October 2009, 15:22
I'd have thought a fist in the nose would have been appropriate rebuttle........

"see? I have kevlar in the gloves too!"

vindy500
12th October 2009, 15:25
even with proper bike pants that would hurt

Gubb
12th October 2009, 15:28
Nice mates, you have.
I'd be looking for some new ones.....
Maybe it's a guy thing. Do girls not sometimes hit each other in the boobs as a sign of affection?

I'd have thought a fist in the nose would have been appropriate rebuttle........

Not bad. How long you been having sex with Chuck Norris?

even with proper bike pants that would hurt
I suspect he was playing the ignorance card that all Kevlar=Bulletproof vests and was looking for an easy way to get in a sack tap.

YellowDog
12th October 2009, 15:30
I read the title and thought, well they probably don't think much of you!

BUT on reflection, you need some new friends.

Keep the swelling BUT please just get rid of the pain!

firefighter
12th October 2009, 15:34
Not bad. How long you been having sex with Chuck Norris?

Nobody has sex WITH Chuck Norris.........

You made it sound like a boot in the nuts rather than a sack-tap......

There's a difference.

avgas
12th October 2009, 15:36
Charge up a big old power transformer (out of a TV etc). Charge up 1 end.
Get your mate to come around to give you hand one day in the shed and ask him to give you a hand to move stuff around, make sure the transformer is disconnected and ask him if he could more it for ya.
When he touches said disconnected wire he finds out about power storage.

Gubb
12th October 2009, 18:14
You made it sound like a boot in the nuts rather than a sack-tap......

There's a difference.
It was somewhere in between. More than a love-tap but not a full on stomping. The grey area of crotch-pounding.

R6_kid
12th October 2009, 18:27
Run a wire between the +ve wires on the brake light and horn on his car. Every time he touches the brakes his horn will go off.

Revenge achieved.

Zuki lover
12th October 2009, 21:06
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ouch! :killingme

Payback is gonna be sweeeet.............. :yes:

kunoichi
12th October 2009, 21:12
lol, and here i was thinking that guys had the 'no blows below the belt' rule. Proves me wrong! lemme know about the revenge story! :rockon:

MadDuck
12th October 2009, 21:18
They looked at me quizzically and asked about the pants. I started explaining to them what Draggin Jeans are. "You see they are like normal pants, but on the inside there is a kevlar lining that makes them moderately safer than normal pants".

When your "mates" notice what pants you are wearing I would kind of suggest....ummmm...running!

crazyhorse
12th October 2009, 21:22
We'll all look out for "I hate my friends - Part 2" :rofl:

McWild
12th October 2009, 21:44
Maybe it's a guy thing. Do girls not sometimes hit each other in the boobs as a sign of affection?

They do but they use their tongues, and occasionally if feeling frisky, their teeth.

Or at least that's what the internet told me.

p.dath
12th October 2009, 21:48
Perhaps explain kevlar provides abrasion resistance - not impact resistance.

But he doesn't sound like your mate to me. Mates don't kick each other in the nuts for the hell of it.

mstriumph
12th October 2009, 22:29
Maybe it's a guy thing. Do girls not sometimes hit each other in the boobs as a sign of affection?.............

no

mnkyboy
13th October 2009, 08:32
They do but they use their tongues, and occasionally if feeling frisky, their teeth.

Or at least that's what the internet told me.

It tells me the same thing too.

Google wasn't as helpful as 'other' search facilities.

If a guy kicked me in the nuts I'd put my armoured gloves on and show him that there is a good amount of impact resistance in them

PrincessBandit
13th October 2009, 08:37
Wow, with mates like that who needs enemies? What you need is balls of steel, that way when you get a kick to the nuts again you can stand there and laugh as your "mate" rolls around in pain holding his foot. Anyone have a steel cricket box hiding in their cupboard....??

Did you watch pulp sport the other night when Ben landed one in Bill's groin to squash an egg in his underwear? A couple of kids did gentle kicks to break the first two eggs, but no one wanted to do the third so Ben did the honours - nowhere near as gently as the first two!

vifferman
13th October 2009, 08:59
Perhaps explain kevlar provides abrasion resistance - not impact resistance.
Is that what it's for? I did not know that.

But he doesn't sound like your mate to me. Mates don't kick each other in the nuts for the hell of it.
Is that right? I did not know that.

Insanity_rules
13th October 2009, 09:21

No a movie I saw the other night sugggests pillow fights and lashings of oral sex LOL

Ypawa
13th October 2009, 10:37
:eek5: thats sooo not cool, seems youre better off refunding your mate or sending him off to the re-cycle depo - good luck with your `come back response to him`

coffeejunkie
14th October 2009, 10:08
Your mates are sad asses man & no us chicks done hit each others boobs...In fact any dickhead did that and they would get a punch in the nose:Pokey:

Cheshire Cat
14th October 2009, 10:11
Load the slug gun up with filters and shoot him in the nuts a close range! they draw blood! :rofl:

{.bLanK}G_o_D
14th October 2009, 11:02
my mate had put his size 9 into my ugly bits. I promptly collapsed on the ground feeling somewhat queazy.:crybaby:

Sounds like you lost the first round of Roshambo :kick:
lol Sux2bu

Charge up a big old power transformer (out of a TV etc). Charge up 1 end.
Get your mate to come around to give you hand one day in the shed and ask him to give you a hand to move stuff around, make sure the transformer is disconnected and ask him if he could more it for ya.
When he touches said disconnected wire he finds out about power storage.

Are you retarded or just plain stupid?
Firstly, you are thinking of a capacitor.
And second, a charged capacitor like that can kill someone.:bash:

grusomhat
14th October 2009, 11:26
Sounds like you lost the first round of Roshambo :kick:
lol Sux2bu

Lol at transformer. And indeed, a tv capacitor will most certainly have grave results.

avgas
14th October 2009, 12:27
Cap is essentially the same - the prob with caps is discharge rate (and killing people), trannys are a bit softer that way (bit more loss too).
Retarded - all electrical engineers are

avgas
14th October 2009, 12:28
Lol at transformer. And indeed, a tv capacitor will most certainly have grave results.
Yeah if your using a cap - I would recommend one of those ones for the flash in a disposable camera, but more "burn-than-bite"

{.bLanK}G_o_D
14th October 2009, 12:44
Cap is essentially the same

Excuse me?
You couldn't be more wrong.

Transformer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer)=A transformer is a device that transfers electrical energy from one circuit to another through inductively coupled conductors.
Capacitor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor)=A capacitor is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric.

grusomhat
14th October 2009, 13:42
Yeah if your using a cap - I would recommend one of those ones for the flash in a disposable camera, but more "burn-than-bite"

Make good tasers :D

Transformers don't store energy though, in fact IIRC they use transformers as a protection against electric shocks. Like the plugs in bathrooms. Isolation transformer thing-ma-bobs.

Sharry
14th October 2009, 18:40

Got to agree with this one Gubb, I would give him agood example of a kevlar glove then find new friends quickly :Pokey:

avgas
15th October 2009, 18:08
Excuse me?
You couldn't be more wrong.

Transformer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer)=A transformer is a device that transfers electrical energy from one circuit to another through inductively coupled conductors.
Capacitor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor)=A capacitor is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric.
errr re-read my comment before bringing "wiki's" on here, little man. Rather than fight about semantics I will clear up an obvious misconception you seem to be carrying - i was never talking an MVA Power Transformer (or any "lethal" dose mA - which a cap can do a whole lot easier).
While you are correct there are differences - the fundamentals of application for both are in a lot of occasions similar.

avgas
15th October 2009, 18:11
Make good tasers :D

Transformers don't store energy though, in fact IIRC they use transformers as a protection against electric shocks. Like the plugs in bathrooms. Isolation transformer thing-ma-bobs.
exactly my point - i didn't want to bbq the poor sod with a 1F cap......but you can find little tranny's all over the place that discharge a lengthy tickle across 1 hand.

Gerbs
16th October 2009, 07:14
......but you can find little tranny's all over the place that discharge a lengthy tickle across 1 hand.

:clap: :buggerd:

*snigger*

{.bLanK}G_o_D
16th October 2009, 12:04
I did reread your post and you still sound retarded.
I say that in the nicest possible way. I don't intend on starting a flame war, but your statement is simply incorrect.
A transformer cannot store electric charge

A transformer uses electromagnetism to induct a current from one circuit to another.

A capacitor uses electromagnetism to build up and store an electric charge between insulated conductors.

imdying
16th October 2009, 12:18
In practice, you can get a small zap from a transformer, as they often have a small capacitance effect between the windings, and maybe from a winding to the things it's wound on (housing?). But by the book, no they're not capcitors. I'm not an electrical engineer, but I'm picking it would need to be reasonable sized transformer, no idea how big it would need to be to feel it. I do know that they (workers) discharge the big suckers so as not to blow themselves away.

bull
16th October 2009, 15:19
I hear ya Gubb, ive got mates like that too and its all an unwritten game. Youll find the way to get him back and youll be pissing yourself laughing at him when you do. But alas then its his turn to get you again and so the cycle continues.

Some people will never understand that you can have your bes ever friends in life always doing dumb shit to get ya. Its funny.