PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GN 250

ShadeeLady
15th April 2005, 20:04
Hi all, I am new to this so please bear with me.I am trying to find out if any other 2004 GN5250 owners have a problem with their bikes going excessively rusty and corroding.My bike started to rust etc.within 1 1/2 months.Holeshot Motorcycles are saying it is my fault.The first time was because I parked it outside,under a bike cover.When I asked why they sold me the cover if they knew they supposedly made a bike rust,the next story was because I didn't clean it.Come on,it is an outside vehicle..I am in the process of taking Holeshot to the Small Claims Court..If anyone else has a problem too I would like to hear from you before 27th April which is the Court date.Thanx for putting up with my woes..ShadeeLady.

Jeremy
15th April 2005, 20:19
How dirty did you let it go? The Suzuki warrenty for the chrome is only 3 months, I had some of it flake off the front lamp of mine (due to another issue which hopefully the fine folks at Colemans fixed). The manual says something to the effect of, if you don't clean the chrome it will tarnish. However I wouldn't expect any rust.

avgas
15th April 2005, 20:25
Its actually a cheap bike thing - they just dont you the same materials anymore i think. Had the same with a few of my bikes, and most of my mates bikes.
Chuck on some rust converter and paint is the best bet for the temporary solution. I wish they picked up theyre act on this though.

jazbug5
15th April 2005, 20:31
Where on the bike is the rust?
Some photos would help... this does sound nuts, though!

Storm
15th April 2005, 20:53
Mines been ok. The new bike shine has faded somewhat, but thats about it

woody68
15th April 2005, 20:57
Hi good to have you aboard.
You should keep your chrome clean or else it will get little rust spots on it and if left they will rust the metal under the chrome.
If you clean it on a regular bases some chrome polish will clean them of easy and before they can rust through the chrome. :mobile:

Ixion
15th April 2005, 21:06
The GN250 is made in China now I believe. One characteristic of a lot of China productions is that the quality is very variable. Not necessarily bad, but while one item may last well, another, supposedly the same, may be much lower quality. I imagine the same applies to their chrome plating

thehollowmen
15th April 2005, 22:45
aside from a few nuts on the underside of the instrument pannel and at the top where the forks meet the bars, mine has been fine.
And I abuse mine, keep leaving it outside work and it rains and I don't notice and don't put it under cover.. I try to leave it under cover at home but... sometimes that ain't possible... (drunk students love to nick bike covers)

maybe I'm just lucky?

Ixion
15th April 2005, 23:37
maybe I'm just lucky?

Or you got one of the good ones.

Posh Tourer :P
16th April 2005, 21:07
I think you are justified, they sound like they are being unreasonable. As much as I dont like this sort of action - legal recourse - it looks to be the only real option left for you.

surfchick
4th May 2005, 18:50
good on you for takin it to small claims- if you buy a nu bike it shouldn't be a rustin in less than 6 weeks. that's why you buy a nu one right? that's no fair.

just so you know- if you trap moist humid air in w. your bike ie. w a cover or even putting it in a closed garage if the bike is wet first- ripe conditions for rust. open carport w. no leaks is apparantly de best for keeping away da rust. need a de wind a. a classic jag owner told me dat. still- you prob aint got a garage if you hiding yo bike unda a shower-cap! :devil2:

take em the da courts all the way. even just to pain in the arse them like they pained you in the arse with their rusty chrome. you could always dip your bike in vasaline. might collect bugs tho :msn-wink:

Waylander
4th May 2005, 18:52
good on you for takin it to small claims- if you buy a nu bike it shouldn't be a rustin in less than 6 weeks. that's why you buy a nu one right? that's no fair.

just so you know- if you trap moist humid air in w. your bike ie. w a cover or even putting it in a closed garage if the bike is wet first- ripe conditions for rust. open carport w. no leaks is apparantly de best for keeping away da rust. need a de wind a. a classic jag owner told me dat. still- you prob aint got a garage if you hiding yo bike unda a shower-cap! :devil2:

take em the da courts all the way. even just to pain in the arse them like they pained you in the arse with their rusty chrome. you could always dip your bike in vasaline. might collect bugs tho :msn-wink:
Interesting uh.. word... usage...uh, yea.

surfchick
4th May 2005, 19:02
Interesting uh.. word... usage...uh, yea.
which part? lemme guess... vasaline? :devil2:

Waylander
4th May 2005, 19:03
which part? lemme guess... vasaline? :devil2:
Stop it you're putting images in my head.:msn-wink:

surfchick
4th May 2005, 19:06
Stop it you're putting images in my head.:msn-wink:
may-be you could change your sig. animation? :devil2:

LED
5th May 2005, 00:17
Take em to the cleaners I say, that is just horse $%^* - and you shouldn't keep it under cover as a guide despite them selling it to ya, everyone does anything for a buck - maybe not anything...........but thats another thread............

bear
5th May 2005, 08:52
Your situation does sound ridiculous, surely you would not expect it to rust after such a short time, poor show by Holeshot here!
Best of luck taking legal action - hope it works out for you.

pommie girl
5th May 2005, 09:58
Really surprised - I've had nothing but the best service from the guys at Holeshot ... wouldn't have expected the bike to rust so quickly, but without photos it's hard to judge. However, I would say that you do still need to take responsibility for keeping a bike clean and doing regular maintenance on it, because really, you get out what you put in...

Good luck getting it all sorted.

GN1NiteStnd
5th May 2005, 10:07
My 1985 GN250 doesn't have very much rust. Most of it is on the header pipes. But other then that it isnt really a problem. So rust in 1 and a half months on a 2004 bike is a bit excessive. I'd say that is probably something wrong with that version of bikes.

ShadeeLady
7th May 2005, 20:28
Thanx for the replies..The bike is parked under the eaves of the house..It rarely gets wet there..I never put the cover on the bike when it was wet or hot..I stopped using the cover after they said it was becos of that..They sold me the cover anyway..Court date very soon..will let you know what happens..ShadeeLady :wait: :whistle:

ShadeeLady
11th May 2005, 23:16
Hi all to those are interested, I won my case against Holeshot..They were a no show,but I'm confidant I would have won anyway..Once the Referee saw the bike she was spouting off about Consumer rights etc..They have to pay the full purchase price back to me,and pick the bike up from my place..They have 28 days to appeal..Probably will just to cause inconvenience..Anyway I can't see them winning if they do..I'm hyped..Thanx for your interest..ShadeeLady. :niceone: :grouphug: :whistle:

R6_kid
11th May 2005, 23:51
good to hear. Least u didnt get a GSX. I hear they aren't as good as they look. I know that my '87 zuki 250 is faster and more reliable... looks like they have gone down hill over the years with their smaller bikes!?