PDA

View Full Version : CBR250RR Indicator Problems

S1DWYS
14th October 2009, 15:24
Hey Guys
My indicators on my Cbr are playing up, the thing is you flick the switch and you can hear the relay clicking but the lights dont come on, to start with afew weeks ago they started playing up, You'd click right and it would take afew sec's to flash, then right stopped.. Then left started to go aswell in the same manner.... I checked the fuses and they all good, now to get them to work i have figured if i flick the indicator switch then press the button in half way softly it kinda works, but this isnt ideal and i have a warrent coming up, i tryed opening the indicator "box" but the screws must have been glue'd in cause i got 1 off fine but ended up rounding the head of the second one, ANY IDEAS?

p.dath
14th October 2009, 15:44
Have you got a multi-meter? Take a bulb out, and see if any power is making it to the light socket.

Relay's are cheap. I'd be tempted to replace the flasher relay.

CookMySock
14th October 2009, 15:56
I'd say you would be better off to find a second hand switch unit. That one sounds pretty hacked.

Steve

p.dath
14th October 2009, 15:57
I'd say you would be better off to find a second hand switch unit. That one sounds pretty hacked.

Steve

He wouldn't hear the clicking of the relay though if the switch was working?

The Pastor
14th October 2009, 21:31
Hey Guys
My indicators on my Cbr are playing up, the thing is you flick the switch and you can hear the relay clicking but the lights dont come on, to start with afew weeks ago they started playing up, You'd click right and it would take afew sec's to flash, then right stopped.. Then left started to go aswell in the same manner.... I checked the fuses and they all good, now to get them to work i have figured if i flick the indicator switch then press the button in half way softly it kinda works, but this isnt ideal and i have a warrent coming up, i tryed opening the indicator "box" but the screws must have been glue'd in cause i got 1 off fine but ended up rounding the head of the second one, ANY IDEAS?
i have a really good switch block for sale, $50 - but first try taking apart the switchblock and cleaning with electrial contact cleaner, they get filthy in side.

The Pastor
14th October 2009, 21:32
i have a really good switch block for sale, $50 - but first try taking apart the switchblock and cleaning with electrial contact cleaner, they get filthy in side.
you can bring it around to my house and we can try and get it working, or u can buy my one (we can test if it will fix the problem first then u can decide if u wanna buy it)

S1DWYS
14th October 2009, 21:56
Hey cheers guys, i think finding a second hand unit or cleaning my original sounds like the best plan, but yea like my post said, i stripped the head on the damn screw so have to get that out before i can check it out, might look into it abit better if the weather clears up tomorrow

The Pastor
14th October 2009, 22:03
Hey cheers guys, i think finding a second hand unit or cleaning my original sounds like the best plan, but yea like my post said, i stripped the head on the damn screw so have to get that out before i can check it out, might look into it abit better if the weather clears up tomorrow
IF you cant get it out mate, i should be able to get it out for you - im on the north shore

mouldy
15th October 2009, 08:51
And I'm out south and I can get it out for you too .

CookMySock
15th October 2009, 09:05
He wouldn't hear the clicking of the relay though if the switch was working?yes and no, and the switch is fucked anyway. If the parts are cheap, just start replacing everything.

Steve