PDA

View Full Version : Fuck this shit, let's start a riot

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 17:09
Who's with me on this one?

Ice_Monsta
14th October 2009, 17:11
Who's with me on this one?
Tempting - I'm thinking we could arrange a park up in Major City Centres or Motorways?

Peaceful protest...

Besides - wouldn't banning SUV's decrease biker accidents?

StoneY
14th October 2009, 17:18
I say we ride 3 abreast from Pram to Welly (for this region) at 10KMH starting at 7am, blocking all traffic in protest, end up at Parliament, wehre we LET FUCKIN LOOSE on that prick some of our fellow country-folk voted into office

This is utter bullshit

I wonder when they'll make it illegal to even RIDE a bike its heading that way

Indiana_Jones
14th October 2009, 17:21
I'm game for the riding slow/stopping entire motorways.

Do it on the harbour bridge.

That'd get attention.

-Indy

McJim
14th October 2009, 17:23
It's a real shame that a country claiming to be 100% pure is shunning the more enviromentally friendly mode of transportation in this way. Stationary cars on motorways produce many more tonnes of CO2 every day than the equivalent number of motorcycles lane splitting.

YLWDUC
14th October 2009, 17:23
Absolute bollocks.
Large capacity motorcycles my arse.
and who only gets a 5 dollar increase?

no-one is going to register their bikes under this scheme, and what about those people with more than 1 bike?

Papa Bear
14th October 2009, 17:30
I WAS in the market for a big bike... looks like im not getting 1 now. With the wifes 900 + a new bike for me.... thats about $1500 a year just for the ACC levy, letalone the other cost in a rego. fuck acc, nick smith and that wanker keys

StoneY
14th October 2009, 17:33
Absolute bollocks.
Large capacity motorcycles my arse.
and who only gets a 5 dollar increase?

no-one is going to register their bikes under this scheme, and what about those people with more than 1 bike?

Yeah man and mine are both up in the 750 bucker range
Now very tempted to race the GSXR, one bike off the 'list' but 750 for a ST4 harmless baggage cart?
We cannot just sit and take this its time to fight back, guns n fuckin all

pzkpfw
14th October 2009, 17:39
I reckon the protest could be done NOT on our bikes.

After all, the drivers already hate us so why make them hate bikes more?

If we all drove our cars (some of us have them, too) to the protest (one person per car), that'd snarl up the traffic plenty too - and show how many more cars there'd be on the orad if the bikes were not being ridden.

Just drive the cars 'round town for a while until grid-lock.

Jonno.
14th October 2009, 17:41
Truck drivers did it and look at the support they got.

Ender EnZed
14th October 2009, 17:42
What's the fine for no rego?

zoom
14th October 2009, 17:43
YES lets start a riot, that is absolute BS, frick what about us poor bludging students who BIKE because we cant afford to fill a car all the time (ok well and cos its the only way to go but still). Plus my theory is if we crash on a bike we'll most likely be dead anyway so who gives about ACC levys if we've strewn in pieces across the road. Arrrrg that makes me mad.
Plus what about the fact its usually CAGES fault when they hit a biker because they are ignorant pricks talking on their cellphones. I reckon ACC should be part of insurance instead so its the person at faults liability.

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:44
call your local MP and protest, leave a message if you cannot get through.

next step protest ride in morning rush hour traffic, delaying people getting to work and costing business heaps

next step all out full blown riot !

R6_kid
14th October 2009, 17:49
I'm gonna take a shit then go read the newspaper. Have fun on your 'riot'.

Papa Bear
14th October 2009, 17:53
Truck drivers did it and look at the support they got.

thats what I was thinking too !

dirty89
14th October 2009, 17:58
Utter Bullshit and the rest of every fucked up word you could possibly bring up ! bring on some form of organised protest, the fuckwitts who are running ACC Didn't have a brain cell to telecast such massive loses, and then want a minority to pay for all their fuck-ups, would be interesting to see how many accidents were actually caused by a Car/SUV/diesel/cops the list could circle the globe, any four wheeled vehicle, on a motorcycle, that stat obviously means shit.
More mutts running the wrong shows, bomb the ACC scheme, level rego and bring on private Insurance at least there would be options.
Complete anger from a passionate rider .

sunhuntin
14th October 2009, 18:01
I reckon the protest could be done NOT on our bikes.

After all, the drivers already hate us so why make them hate bikes more?

If we all drove our cars (some of us have them, too) to the protest (one person per car), that'd snarl up the traffic plenty too - and show how many more cars there'd be on the orad if the bikes were not being ridden.

Just drive the cars 'round town for a while until grid-lock.

while its a great idea, what about those of us who dont or cant drive?

Ollie.T
14th October 2009, 18:21
An Undie 500 type thing could be the way to go, all converge on welly with bikes worth under $500, cause a wee bit of mayhem then turn the bikes into bucket racers!

win win :D

Dafe
14th October 2009, 18:30
We have to get out there and fight for New Zealands motorcycling industry. It ain't just us that's affected. Think of the Shops and mechanics etc that will see less and less work.

FIGHT FOR KIWI FREEDOM!!!

VTRRR
14th October 2009, 18:31
I'm game for the riding slow/stopping entire motorways.

Do it on the harbour bridge.

That'd get attention.

-Indy

or littleton tunnel

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 18:43
Let's just block the Lyttelton tunnel during rush hour then. All ride through at walking pace. The cops can't sting ALL of us.

Usarka
14th October 2009, 18:51
Riot woohoo :headbang:

Fuck i jhyst smashd my screeen and can;t sere wht im typingh.

EXCDirt
14th October 2009, 18:52
An Undie 500 type thing could be the way to go, all converge on welly with bikes worth under $500, cause a wee bit of mayhem then turn the bikes into bucket racers!

win win :D

Then set fire to them...... just for fun.
When's Guy Fawkes again?

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 19:13
Sitting on our lazy asses wanking on about this shit won't achieve results. Flooding an MPs email inbox won't achieve much. Cause mayhem, traffic disruption, breach of the peace or whatever you like to call it. We need to be seen. We need to be heard. We as bikers are a minority. We need to get together to cause traffic chaos en masse. Block a tunnel, jam a road, peel a skid. Anything to get attention for our cause.

Patrick
14th October 2009, 20:24
Don't ya think it will piss off car drivers and those held up, turning AGAINST us? The risk of losing most public support would be high.

Must be other options......

mad.mike
14th October 2009, 20:26
Don't ya think it will piss off car drivers and those held up, turning AGAINST us? The risk of losing most public support would be high.

Must be other options......

i agree. won't help the cause just piss people off

Patrick
14th October 2009, 20:28
Totally for protest rides etc..... The masses hitting the roads in numbers is an awesome sight.

rphenix
14th October 2009, 21:12
Sitting on our lazy asses wanking on about this shit won't achieve results. Flooding an MPs email inbox won't achieve much. Cause mayhem, traffic disruption, breach of the peace or whatever you like to call it. We need to be seen. We need to be heard. We as bikers are a minority. We need to get together to cause traffic chaos en masse. Block a tunnel, jam a road, peel a skid. Anything to get attention for our cause.

+1 Lets stop taking it up the :spanking: and protest (http://www.emergency.co.nz/archive/springbok.html) like Kiwis used to.