PDA

View Full Version : ACC levies are a joke?

WarrenW
14th October 2009, 17:11
$754 per annum for a bike I use maybe 20 times a year! Natinal got my vote last election they sure as hell will not get it again.

The error is in the way they categorise accidents, not the cause of the accident.

IF a motorcycle is invloved in an accident is is reported as a motorcycle accident regardless of who was at fault.

TUI Ad....

"ACC is a no blame insurer"

Yeah right !!!!

Anyone want to buy a nicely loved TL1000S? Or should I just turn it into a track bike?

This is the death of large bikes in NZ. :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

McJim
14th October 2009, 17:16
I think National might get a nasty surprise about how many people ride motorcycles..................and are influential.

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 17:17
Fuck National

Indiana_Jones
14th October 2009, 17:19
The different prices for larger CC ratings is a joke by itself.

What about the cunt muscles who ride their bicycles?

-Indy

Matt_TG
14th October 2009, 17:19
I think the $754 is just the acc component ... bloody hell

nivram
14th October 2009, 17:20
Nick Smith is a cock, if they do increase levys that much I'll look to sell up, I hope we fight this!

Ixion
This is the death of large bikes in NZ. :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

I beg to differ. It is in fact, if it goes through, the death of SMALL bikes in NZ (which I guess eventually means the death of large ones, as us old buggers die off).

In the overall context of running a litre bike, $800 odd a year isn't much. I know people who spend that much on a new set of tyres, lasting less than 10000 km.

But, small bikes, a licence cost like that changes the whole econoomic dynamic. A 250cc versus a car just doesn't stack up.

Which I'm pretty sure is the idea.

Stifle the young ones from coming in, and sooner or later the whole scene dies off.

Maha
Fuck National

Hands up who voted for National......:2thumbsup

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:21
fuck we have to do something about this.

please..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone with the skill set up an online petion we can all digitally sign.

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:22
i am going to call the MP for northland now, i encourage all to do the same with your local MP

sAsLEX
14th October 2009, 17:23
Hands up who voted for National......:2thumbsup

And why was ACC is this state? 9 years of mismanagement maybe?

sAsLEX
14th October 2009, 17:23
i am going to call the MP for northland now, i encourage all to do the same with your local MP

helpfully that for me is the PM!

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:25
we also need to set up a active protest plan ? what are we going to do if they don't gat sane about it ?

do we all stop paying reg ?

what protest action should we take ?

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:29
I have left a message with John Carter, Northland MP. please all, get on the phone ! do something now ! THEY WILL LISTEN TO 10,000 KB MEMBERS !

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:31
Lets not waste time fighting over who we voted for, we have more pressing concerns !

SilentDtH
14th October 2009, 17:31
Setup a link to all bikers with the same make and model of bike. These bikers then have the option to photocopy and share registration making it cheaper! :D

Seriously though I think this pricing is outrageous and may cause people to ride without rego.

Pie
14th October 2009, 17:38
This sucks, it maybe cheaper in the long run to not pay the registration and take the fines instead.

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:39
Call your local mp and protest, leave a message if you cannot get through !

archie-no2
14th October 2009, 17:42
wont it end up cheaper to be caught riding an unregistered bike and pay the fine than paying for the rego each year.

firefighter
14th October 2009, 17:50
$754 per annum for a bike I use maybe 20 times a year! Natinal got my vote last election they sure as hell will not get it again.

Erm. Is this bill just from the year that National has been in power? Or from Labours 10 year rein and frivolous handouts to the beneficiary voters? (kinda not related but nothing like a dig at the beneficiary support party) have you seen the debt the country is in also?.....again this is'nt from the one year of National in government.....that's right, Labour fucked us, right in the arse.

I'm pretty sure ACC's debt did'nt happen in this last year....

Sam I Am
14th October 2009, 19:44
we forget

ACC's painful $247,000 move

Jan 30, 2009

By Jarrod Booker nzherald

ACC is defending a shift of premises during the recession that will increase the annual burden on taxpayers by $247,000, but its own minister wants no role in opening it.

ACC staff moved into their new building in Nelson late last month and it is to be officially opened in coming weeks.

The corporation is locked in to a nine-year lease and will pay a rental of $346,000 a year for the building, compared with $99,000 for its previous premises.

ACC Minister Nick Smith, the local MP, has turned down an invitation to open the building as a "silent protest" at the "unjustifiable" cost hike, which he says will be funded by increases in levies on households, businesses and motor vehicles.

The deal was approved under the previous Labour Government and Dr Smith said he was unable to reverse it.

"The real estate word around Nelson is that this is a very expensive deal for ACC, and I think it reflects a culture from the previous government that I don't want to be seen as endorsing."

Former ACC Minister Maryan Street denies any knowledge about the new building - "that's the sort of thing highly paid chief executives are responsible for".

ACC says its contract for its previous building had expired and it had no guarantee it would have maintained the same rental.

A spokesman said the new branch was bigger and more accessible. "We were previously in a building [where the office] was on the first floor with access that was difficult for people with significant injuries."

Ms Street claimed Dr Smith was on a campaign to demonise ACC, which was a "softening-up process in preparation for privatising ACC".

jed4czar
18th October 2009, 17:36
This sucks, it maybe cheaper in the long run to not pay the registration and take the fines instead.
OK it’s simple really – Fine for not being registered = $400. Registration $745 QED. (Save $80 / Year on WOFs too. This allows you two get out of jail free cards a year!)

In any case the way the bleeding heart lobby is going (or maybe it’s ACC related as well?). Vehicle Pursuits Policy will end up being changed and the “abandon pursuit” limit will be down to about 65 km hr so no worries eh? If it is the victims and those more exposed to potential injury rather than the perpetrators that should pay, then perhaps Cyclists and Pedestrians should have to pay larger levies than Motorcyclists. More than that, Truckers should be getting a rebate! The logic is sound I think.

jed4czar
18th October 2009, 17:39
Actually this is the only way that government will listen if this becomes law- Civil disobedience (not registered) = less revenue. Not paying fines is a bit of national passtime anyway - just hide the bike from the bailiffs!

avgas
18th October 2009, 17:51
Yep to me this is one of those adventures typical of NZ Business.
"We have problems, therefore we need more money"
Fact of the matter is this:
- ACC fraud is almost a culture here - with people going off work with "back aches" for periods of many years. Why - something to do with 75% of income, which is a better deal than being unemployed.
- More fat cats at the top due to "climbing the ranks" in ACC
- Shorts and Jandal wearing squids are easily fixed for a few $$$, sadly not enough of them die properly. Darwin slowly turns in his grave.
- Older, well deserved individuals get back into riding, after working for many years. Sadly none of them are told they are as useless at riding as a blind bat swimming. Which means they go through the whole "learn the hard way" all over again 30 years later than the last attempt.
- The only safety gear required on a motorbike is a helmet, likewise for bicycles as well. Which protect the life, but sadly cost the country in "repairs". We may have less ACC claims if we either force to wear more or in some occasions less protective gear.

Sewing seeds of our own demise my friends.