PDA

View Full Version : ACC "Proposal"

breakaway
14th October 2009, 17:26
Was it just me that noticed that the acc levy increase was a PROPOSAL and not going to be official just yet?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10603177

Changes to ACC are likely to cost the family on the average income of $45,000 an extra $315 a year.

ACC has today released its proposals, which include increases to levies such as motor-vehicle registration.

I can understand that you guys want to make some noise about it because this whole proposed hike is... well.. stupid, but I've had 5 different people contacting me bitching saying "ITS GOING TO GO UP OMG".

Jonno.
14th October 2009, 17:28
Proposal? It just means they can ignore submissions for a month.

CookMySock
14th October 2009, 17:28
LOL yeah I reckon.

Steve

McJim
14th October 2009, 17:36
They won't be able to ignore the next election result.

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:38
Protest now or it will happen ! Call your local mp, leave a message if you cannot get through !

StoneY
14th October 2009, 17:42
Protest now or it will happen ! Call your local mp, leave a message if you cannot get through !

Im headin to his fuckin house to do a burnout in the driveway, GixxeR JusticE!!!:mad:
I gotta pay THAT amount, he's gonna need to re-pave :niceone:

Nah serious it aint Trevor's fault, hes in opposition now, and I know he used to have a bike so he'd be onside.....

THATS a good point actually, lets RECRUIT opposition MP's on this issue they'd be keen just to kick Nat's in the coolies!!!
:girlfight:

1ubee
14th October 2009, 21:06
one way around lieves is too attach anouther set of wheels to the bike and call it a sports car

cs363
14th October 2009, 22:31
Was it just me that noticed that the acc levy increase was a PROPOSAL and not going to be official just yet?

No, although plenty of people haven't figure it out yet. The main reason to raise awareness is that there is less than a month to go before submissions close on the proposal (10th November) - not allowing much time to fight it.

Whatever they finally decide on (and that won't be until the New Year) won't be introduced until about July next year according to the news report I read.

DarkLord
14th October 2009, 22:32
No, although plenty of people haven't figure it out yet. The main reason to raise awareness is that there is less than a month to go before submissions close on the proposal (10th November) - not allowing much time to fight it.

Whatever they finally decide on (and that won't be until the New Year) won't be introduced until about July next year according to the news report I read.

Seconded - this is what was on the news.

motorbyclist
15th October 2009, 02:20
For those of us that bothered to make a submission before these ridiculous numbers were announced, ACC even had some retarded ideas like mandatory ABS on ALL bikes starting 2012 :laugh:

Considering the cc limits they've suggested, ACC clearly doesn't have a clue.

Of course these numbers could just be a primer for when they act all kind and loving by only increasing it to $400 rather than $500

cs363
15th October 2009, 06:29
For those of us that bothered to make a submission before these ridiculous numbers were announced, ACC even had some retarded ideas like mandatory ABS on ALL bikes starting 2012 :laugh:

Considering the cc limits they've suggested, ACC clearly doesn't have a clue.

Of course these numbers could just be a primer for when they act all kind and loving by only increasing it to $400 rather than $500

Just for anyone that doesn't know - the submissions spoken of above were to do with the 'Safer Journeys' proposals which was about reform to traffic laws. There is still time to make a submission regarding solely the ACC levy the cut off date for that is November 10th, see here for details: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129457496&postcount=48

ManDownUnder
15th October 2009, 06:42
Proposals are kites. They put them out there to see if they will fly, and establish where the opposition is... so they can make adjustments, or prepare rebuttals, accordingly.

They also set expectations. We expect the worst so when they knock $50 bucks off they look good... despite having put the fees up $450... instead of the dastardly $500.

React... now.

I quite like the idea of riding to rule... and the rules are a maximum of 100kph on the open road... so I'm allowed to do 95 right... or 90? And if we happened to get a lot of bikes on the road all nicely spaced I reckon the public would notice. Some like ... let's say... the afternoon of Monday October 26th? There should be a lot of traffic around on that day...

Mom
15th October 2009, 06:50
... and the rules are a maximum of 100kph on the open road... so I'm allowed to do 95 right... or 90? ...

Like the signs say Ned, its not a target. Ride to the conditions and all that. There will be lots of traffic on the roads that day, probably pay to ride a bit slower than that :yes:

cs363
15th October 2009, 06:51
Proposals are kites. They put them out there to see if they will fly, and establish where the opposition is... so they can make adjustments, or prepare rebuttals, accordingly.

They also set expectations. We expect the worst so when they knock $50 bucks off they look good... despite having put the fees up $450... instead of the dastardly $500.

React... now.

Unfortunately a lot of the apathists are already using the kite argument as a reason to do nothing, my fear is that if we do nothing we won't even have the choice of the lesser hit to our wallets and the proposals will go through as slated.

Definitely react...NOW :)

ManDownUnder
15th October 2009, 06:53
Like the signs say Ned, its not a target. Ride to the conditions and all that. There will be lots of traffic on the roads that day, probably pay to ride a bit slower than that :yes:

Good point - so we should keep a generous distance between us too... ?