PDA

View Full Version : Peter Williams you're a twat

mattian
14th October 2009, 17:39
Heard him on the 6 o'clock news just now saying that acc levies for motorcyclists are going up because motorcycles are more likely to crash ! wtf !?????
I think he means that motorcyclists are more likely to be injured in a crash.

what a cock to say that though.:mad:

mattian
14th October 2009, 17:40
I've just sent tvnz news an email...... might get an apology out of him before the news hour is up. I'm not holding my breath though.

Oakie
14th October 2009, 17:41
Heard him on the 6 o'clock news just now saying that acc levies for motorcyclists are going up because motorcycles are more likely to crash ! wtf !?????

Don't blame him. He's only reading what is on the teleprompter. Like an actor reading his lines.

chrispy121
14th October 2009, 17:41
just listed my gear online to pay for the levie as now the govt can pay for me to get fixed up and pay for my salary! why take the extra precautions:clap::Playnice:

R6_kid
14th October 2009, 17:42
The stats that everyone is used to hearing is that you are 18 times more likely to be injured in a motorcycle accident vs a similar accident in a car.

It's very generalised, and doesn't lend well to the reality of what actually happens.

However, without seeing the stats that he is quoting from it is hard/impossible to make any comment on what he said, other than it is contrary to what we are used to hearing.

Remember two things:

1/ There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

2/ 74.356% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

MeHigh
14th October 2009, 17:42
Vote National for lower taxes!

pzkpfw
14th October 2009, 17:49
Vote National for lower taxes!

It's the actuaries at ACC that come up with these ideas, not the Government.

The time to make "ha ha vote Labour" comments will be after we see what the Government does with the suggestions from ACC.

(And for fucks sake, who was running the country the previous 9 years? And guess which Government made the decisions like what to do with the ACC surplusses they got a few years back? And what do you think [other party] would do differently today? Sure Governments suck, but this is not a Labour versus National issue.)

mattian
14th October 2009, 17:50
Don't blame him. He's only reading what is on the teleprompter. Like an actor reading his lines.

Yes, you are quite right. Sorry Peter..... I think it might be too late to change the title of my post. I'm just generally boiling over the whole freakin thing....... I'm mad goddamn it:mad:

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 17:55
You're more likely to get injured in a crash driving an 80's Charade than a new Commodore, but you don't hear ACC talking about that, do you?

Thunder 8
14th October 2009, 18:01

Yea would'nt ya like to see him in a dark alley:angry2::ar15:

slimjim
14th October 2009, 18:15
and i think pete, some times pushbikes to work as well, aren't he's fault :cool: