PDA

View Full Version : Will you join in?

yod
14th October 2009, 17:39
Would you seriously make the effort to attend a 'Ride Protest' or some other demonstration against these price hikes?

Jonno.
14th October 2009, 17:40
Would take time off work :headbang:

hospitalfood
14th October 2009, 17:41
fuck yes, we stand up now or we get bent over and fucked

firefighter
14th October 2009, 17:43

Me too. Would be good just for a bit of fun before I sell the bike.

Jantar
14th October 2009, 17:51
As long as I can get the time off work I'll ride to Wellington.

rosie631
14th October 2009, 17:53
As long as I can get the time off work I'll ride to Wellington.

Me too

10 char

phred
14th October 2009, 17:55
fuck yes, we stand up now or we get bent over and fucked
That sums it up.
I'll be there!

Laxi
seriously? this is the straw the broke the camels back! fuck this countrys progresivly fucked up governments! time to fuck off back to aussie for me, hmm what will I do without acc over there? ive got an idea, i'll get myself some health insurance and pay a third of the fees and get better treatment! pollititans seem to be determand to drive this country into the ground

DarkLord
You bet your arse I would.

cowboy
14th October 2009, 17:56
Hell yea Im in

White trash
14th October 2009, 17:56
Nope. Wont join in.

Why? Because they're right as far ass I'm concerned. Motorcyclists are disproportionately costing ACC millions in care and rehabilitation.

Why shouldn't we pay more?

spookytooth
14th October 2009, 17:57
try and stop me :)

ajturbo
14th October 2009, 18:01
Nope. Wont join in.

Why? Because they're right as far ass I'm concerned. Motorcyclists are disproportionately costing ACC millions in care and rehabilitation.

i hear what your saying old man.. but the % of increase that is got me wound up......

Laxi
14th October 2009, 18:07
Nope. Wont join in.

that's a fair comment, but if we didn't have acc then we'd at least have competition to keep insurance companys inline, at the moment we're legally bound to pay into somthing that has a monopoly, how long do you think an insurance company would last if they raised premius like that?

Bounce001
14th October 2009, 18:10
Got leave owing. Will be there. Where and when?

White trash
14th October 2009, 18:10
i hear what your saying old man.. but the % of increase that is got me wound up......
One thing that I haven't read about either, is what percentage of their acc payouts for motorcycle related injuries are paid to those injured off road. I have no problem with paying my share but I'd hazard a guess that half the payouts are to people that aren't actually paying a levy anyway.

Interesting indeed.

THundy
14th October 2009, 18:11
Hi,

We need to be clever, lots of local events as well as the big target at parliment. Lets rev some bikes outside some residences...

Wingnut
14th October 2009, 18:21
One thing that I haven't read about either, is what percentage of their acc payouts for motorcycle related injuries are paid to those injured off road. I have no problem with paying my share but I'd hazard a guess that half the payouts are to people that aren't actually paying a levy anyway.

Interesting indeed.

4 Wheelers on farms etc? No doubt those figures are added into the equation...... Just adding to what the road going registered users have to pay for. User pays - my ass!!!!

Insanity_rules
14th October 2009, 20:29
seriously? this is the straw the broke the camels back! fuck this countrys progresivly fucked up governments! time to fuck off back to aussie for me, hmm what will I do without acc over there? ive got an idea, i'll get myself some health insurance and pay a third of the fees and get better treatment! pollititans seem to be determand to drive this country into the ground

Begining to think that this is a good idea too.

MaxB
14th October 2009, 20:44
We could do what the French truckers and farmers do and clog all the main routes into a town by sheer weight of numbers.

Then have the protest in the centre of town while the politicians ears are still ringing from all the complaints. I don't think 'nice' is getting us very far.

Qkchk
14th October 2009, 21:01
Provided the protest rally happened while I was at home and not down-country (can't take the BK on the plane silly!), I've got some days-in-lieu I'm really keen to catch up on! :2thumbsup

PirateJafa
14th October 2009, 21:13
To those people who don't want to take a day off work - what is one day at work compared to a potential extra $500 out of pocket each year?

It's in YOUR INTERESTS to try and get as much representation here as possible!

Molly
14th October 2009, 21:24
Think there should be simultaneous protests in the major cities. I'll sure as f'kin' hell attend. Work day or not.

rphenix
14th October 2009, 21:27

Interesting indeed.

Exactly so why should bikers pay more. People get injured playing Rugby you don't have to pay an ACC subsidy to play that. If they want "user pays" then it has to be fair in which case everyone can pay. I certainly know of far more ski/snowboard accidents with friends taking time off work than I do motorcycle accidents.

Ragingrob
14th October 2009, 21:27
Yep most definitely

h_tron
14th October 2009, 21:37
how can you justify raising car rego by only $30 and then $500 for bikes! its just insanse count me in:Oi:

Frenchy
14th October 2009, 21:40
Nope. Wont join in.

ok but what about all the dirt bike ridders and quad ridders that are hurt shouldn't they have to pay there share too??

sorry just read the second page!!

FIDH
14th October 2009, 21:41
Damn right, I'm in.

Out of interest, link to 2008 motorcycle accidents stats.

http://www.transport.govt.nz/research/Documents/Motor%20vehicle%20crashes%202008_Section%204%20Mot orcycle%20casualties%20and%20crashes.pdf

Pedrostt500
14th October 2009, 21:48
I'm in, but lets take our brains on what ever action we take, because any one being an idiot will be picked on by the media, and we will all be tared with the idiot brush, so definatly no stupid antics by any one.

FIDH
14th October 2009, 21:55
Seconded - I'm all for civil disobedience, but no need to give the fuckers any ammo.

TOTO
14th October 2009, 21:59
Would take time off work or uni too if there was a protest on !

stevensaaron
14th October 2009, 21:59
I'm in, but lets take our brains on what ever action we take, because any one being an idiot will be picked on by the media, and we will all be tared with the idiot brush, so definatly no stupid antics by any one.

Yep i agree, We DEFINITELY need to protest against this, and it needs to be an organised event, like when the truckies had their protest, AND NO IDIOTS. I reckon we shud block up the auckland harbour bridge.

mynameis
14th October 2009, 22:25
Wonder how many crashes/ACC claims there will be in these organised protest rides.

I hope none.

ukusa
14th October 2009, 23:03

ditto for me !!!

kiwichic
14th October 2009, 23:20
2 riders from Invercargill that would be happy to make that trip!

MarkH
15th October 2009, 00:18
Nope. Wont join in.

Why shouldn't we pay more than whom?

Sporting injuries cost more than motorcycle injuries, why SHOULD we pay more than them.

DIY injuries cost way more than motorcycle injuries, why SHOULD we pay more than them.

ACC need to levy rugby and ladders and power tools and tennis racquets then get back to us.

Also: car drivers should be subsidising motorcycle riders to SOME degree as they are at fault for SOME of the accidents that injure motorcycles. They can also take 100% of the car levy of motorcyclists and apply that to motorcycle costs - I am sure that there is a significant number of motorcyclists that pay a car rego as well.

Blue TLS
15th October 2009, 00:55
Does that mean taking a dump on the front steps of the beehive is out:whistle:

Blue TLS
15th October 2009, 01:50
When the official protests are happening how about anyone that has a car and trailer load their bike up and drive to the protest .Drive home the fact that you are paying for car and bike and can only use one at a time,also car and trailer is way more obstructive than a bike

motorbyclist
15th October 2009, 02:36
5th november plz

dilz
15th October 2009, 05:00
can we really make a difference though? i hope so but im not sure we could.

urbanrefugee54
15th October 2009, 06:59
:banana: but if we don't try.. it will be the beginning of the end for motorcycling in nz.. I'm in for a ride to Welly.. then the ones that can't go, could do blockades at co-ordinated times & places..

dogsnbikes
15th October 2009, 07:09
Try and stop me

funky monkey
15th October 2009, 08:09
I would have to take a bike for a "test ride" borrow one, or get the one i want(fat chance of that at the mo) But i would be there

tbone
15th October 2009, 09:52
Yep, count me in as well.
Hell, make it an NZ wide trip! (with those tshirts that may get printed up!)

Was a bit (alot) furious when I found out about this, but it does make sense - as someone else said, it's the amount the levy has gone up and it's based on CC rating which doesn't really mean squat.

portokiwi
15th October 2009, 10:19
All depends on the day.... As I start back on duty tommorow.
We have a few spare beds (well 2 single with camping matts):lol: and one queen size bed. If anyone needs a place to crash. and floor lol.:lol::lol::lol:
BYO fish & chips:2thumbsup