PDA

View Full Version : Have your say-Email submission to the bastards-Takes 5 seconds

Headbanger
14th October 2009, 17:42
Yeah,good for fuck all but lets swamp the fuckers.

http://www.acc.co.nz/for-business/levy-consultation/consultation-process/levy-consultation-2010-2011/index.htm

Remember if you don't include your details its void.

In a nutshell I told I simply wont pay as its well over and above what I can afford but I will continue to ride, and that charging based on CC is retarded as it has no bearing on the capabilities of the bike or the rider.

Mom
14th October 2009, 17:44
Yeah,good for fuck all but lets swamp the fuckers.

http://www.acc.co.nz/for-business/levy-consultation/consultation-process/levy-consultation-2010-2011/index.htm

Remember if you don't include your details its void.

In a nutshell I told I simply wont pay as its well over and above what I can afford but I will continue to ride, and that charging based on CC is retarded as it has no bearing on the capabilities of the bike or the rider.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109890

Maffoo
18th October 2009, 09:48
Hola !!! even though i no longer own a bike, im keen to get involved

my suggestions - I dont know if we really need to get joe public that involved... we need to focus on the local MP, he is National correct? Tremain?
we also need to start letter writing to the papers, & would be a good idea to get the local Labour guy to come along on anything we do. I know you guys have a good relationship with the media around here, which is positive & needs to be exploited ....
I sent an email to Nick Smith a while ago suggesting an ACC Levy on alcohol sales, i will contact Rick Barker with the details of that email exchange & maybe see if i can get him to ask, in the House, why that suggestion was not taken further .... (Nick Smith basically told me it was a silly idea)

JohnR
18th October 2009, 09:55
Hola !!! even though i no longer own a bike, im keen to get involved

my suggestions - I dont know if we really need to get joe public that involved... we need to focus on the local MP, he is National correct? Tremain?
we also need to start letter writing to the papers, & would be a good idea to get the local Labour guy to come along on anything we do. I know you guys have a good relationship with the media around here, which is positive & needs to be exploited ....
I sent an email to Nick Smith a while ago suggesting an ACC Levy on alcohol sales, i will contact Rick Barker with the details of that email exchange & maybe see if i can get him to ask, in the House, why that suggestion was not taken further .... (Nick Smith basically told me it was a silly idea)

It's a silly idea from his point of view...why piss off (tax) the the whole population (drinkers, all motorists, all businesses etc) when you can get what you want by pissing off less than 100,000 people who you have been setting up for this for years.:buggerd:

Maffoo
18th October 2009, 10:02
It's a silly idea from his point of view...why piss off (tax) the the whole population (drinkers, all motorists, all businesses etc) when you can get what you want by pissing off less than 100,000 people who you have been setting up for this for years.:buggerd:

you could add $3-5 to the price of each box of beers or bottle of spirits or wine & the majority of people wouldnt even notice it.....
it also fits extremely well with the credo of user pays , acc pays out a small fortune every year to people who hurt themselves while drunk

i see your point (political suicide) but i think it would have a better chance of actually working ....

& you arent taxing the whole population, only those who drink .... the more you drink, the more you pay.... seems fair to me ...

bones135
18th October 2009, 11:30
you could add $3-5 to the price of each box of beers or bottle of spirits or wine & the majority of people wouldnt even notice it.....
it also fits extremely well with the credo of user pays , acc pays out a small fortune every year to people who hurt themselves while drunk

i see your point (political suicide) but i think it would have a better chance of actually working ....

& you arent taxing the whole population, only those who drink .... the more you drink, the more you pay.... seems fair to me ...

Thats quite true, weve got a guy at work, well still employed by us, thats been on ACC for 15 months because he fell of a barstool at the pub & done his knee in, crap if you ask me