PDA

View Full Version : Are you all brain dead?

dpex
14th October 2009, 18:41
Jesus H Christ! Nick Smith has just announced the ACC levies on us 'all', from 50cc farts through to grunters, are about to go through the roof.

Where is the screaming here?

Are you all going to simply sit back and take this?

Does Nick Smith intend to levy dirt-bikers? No!

Cyclists? No!

Quad bikers? No.

As usual, a nasal-drip Minister has simply picked on an easy target. Us!

We have to have a licence. Dirt-bikers, quad-riders, and high-speed cyclists don't.

We have to have warrants of fitness. The foregoing do not.

We have to register our bikes. The foregoing do not!

Yet the foregoing can go out there and kill or injure themselves with ACC impunity.

Why is Nick Smith attacking only us?

Simple. We're an easy target.

Well fuckit! I say. I'm sick and tired of being singled out as a burden on the ACC society, when so many others, who don't have to undergo anywhere near the punitive measures I (and all of you) have to undergo just to keep ourselves and our bikes on the roads.

I see there's no levy on rugby and league players. No levy on mountain climbers. No levy on DIYs climbing up ladders. No levey on DIYs sawing off their fingers.

AH! But you see, they're not all out there on the roads so our cops can't see them.

This is pure bullshit, folks, and we, as a collective group have to start fighting it. If we all simply roll over then ten-speed and his mates by the thousand will be laughing up their Lycra at us and, worse yet, many of our bretheren will become criminals who buy Rego stickers for fifty bucks at the local pub.

We have to fight back.

Virago
14th October 2009, 18:43
Shit, no-one told us...?

Tell us more...

mad.mike
14th October 2009, 18:44
someones going to feel silly when they click back a page and see the acc levy forum :Pokey: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108

mad.mike
14th October 2009, 18:45
Shit, no-one told us...?

Tell us more...

hahahahaha:2thumbsup

StoneY
14th October 2009, 18:46
someones going to feel silly when they click back a page and see the acc levy forum :Pokey: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108

And the other 16 threads on this very topic....but well written rant dude bling for YOU!

yungatart
14th October 2009, 18:47
Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Dpex...we must have missed all of that.

Forgive him, folks, his planet spins the other way....

Usarka
14th October 2009, 18:47
You should organise a fight with Nick Smith.

onearmedbandit
14th October 2009, 18:48
Absolute gold.

sunhuntin
14th October 2009, 18:48
Forgive him, folks, his planet spins the other way....

so does his gravity blow instead of suck? :Pokey: hehehe

Dafe
14th October 2009, 18:49
I'm Brain Dead!
Just spent the last 2 hours reading the main post!

Manxman
14th October 2009, 18:51
...so, you're not too happy about it then...?

MadDuck
14th October 2009, 18:55
Are you all going to simply sit back and take this?

Yes we are all very tired. Please do go on though I am sure you have all the answers

SMOKEU
14th October 2009, 19:09
Fuck this shit, let's all get on our bikes and start as much shit as possible. Lay a patch of diesel in front of the Beehive and peel a mean skid, wheelie past a cop shop, block a road, cause as much traffic disruption as possible. The government doesn't want to listen, so make them listen. Don't give them a choice in this, stand up for your rights!

Brett
14th October 2009, 19:13
This shit makes me RAGE....fricken RAGE MOTHER FRUCKER! I agree with your post 100% dpex. I AM ANGRY.

Swoop
14th October 2009, 19:14
When did this happen??

Fuckwit.

dpex
15th October 2009, 07:16
I wish I'd noticed this thread before. Now I look dopey for missing it. No matter, I often do a good dopey.

Anyway, another point I'd like to make, re not paying the rego.

I note the Slick Smith has also decided that ACC will not be available to 'event victims' if the event occurs during the commission of a crime.

Question: Is not paying the Rego a crime or an offence, and is there a difference between the two descriptors?

In other words, if a biker is injured while riding an unregistered bike will he/she be denied access to ACC?

Further, if a dirt-bike hoon causes injury to a third-party on either Muriwai or Ninety-mile beach, will the victims be able to sue the nuts off the dirt-biker?...given both beaches are designated roads and dirt-bikes don't pay rego.

Will a cyclist, who becomes an event victim on the roads, as a result of failing to observe the rules (and thus acting illegally) be denied ACC?

Then of course is the biggie. If any motorist becomes an event victim as a result of that motorist acting illegally, will he/she be denied ACC?

It all comes down to the difference, if any, between an offence and crime, and who interprets the difference.

Gubb
15th October 2009, 09:35
Maybe we can get Katman to organise that.

325rocket
15th October 2009, 09:54

we could put forward Cheshire Cat or Thani-B, which ever wins the Jelly wrestling as the KB champ.

Fatt Max to ref

:clap:
:banana::banana::banana:

Laxi
15th October 2009, 09:57
we could put forward Cheshire Cat or Thani-B, which ever wins the Jelly wrestling as the KB champ.

Fatt Max to ref

:clap:
:banana::banana::banana:

farrk that we're trying to punish him!
put him in with fatt max and thani-b or cat can ref:2thumbsup

325rocket
15th October 2009, 10:15
farrk that we're trying to punish him!
put him in with fatt max and thani-b or cat can ref:2thumbsup

good point.

how about we put me in with Thani-B and Cheshire Cat and ... well i dont really care what else happens ... pay the acc / dont pay the acc ... ill be in jelly with two hot biker chics. :2thumbsup:2thumbsup
:banana::banana: