PDA

View Full Version : Affordable new bucket!

DELLORTO
14th October 2009, 18:50
The kymco quannon is a new oil cooled 125cc 4 valver :2thumbsup basicaly a 125 fxr

But its very affordable at $2500 USD, you can get them for around $3000nzd imported :clap:......which is very cheap for people starting out.

Kymco is a great company, they make reliable trusty bikes, they arnt exactualy the fastest bikes avaliable but they do the job well.

Just thought id post it for people interested.

quallman1234
14th October 2009, 19:40
Or you could get a FXR and save yourself the hassle.

Looks like a CBR150 copy

F5 Dave
14th October 2009, 20:11
Good grief! 3k for a dubious Chinesetakeaway 4 banger with no support for parts anywhere in english speaking countries.

Most people have to work for their money & 3k is still a lot for a bucket. I've could certainly recreate my bike for a lot less than that (if I could ever find the time these days) & I bet it would be a fair bit more competitive.

FastFred
14th October 2009, 20:21
The kymco quannon is a new oil cooled 125cc 4 valver :2thumbsup basicaly a 125 fxr

But its very affordable at $2500 USD, you can get them for around $3000nzd imported :clap:......which is very cheap for people starting out.

I guess if Mum/Dad are paying for it.

DELLORTO
14th October 2009, 20:39
I guess if Mum/Dad are paying for it.

actauly i pay for my own bikes....:mad: dont try and pin me out as some sort of spoilt jerk, because im not, i sold all my mx bike, gear and italian pocket bike to pay for my cbr.....

$3000 pretty cheap, damien payed $2400 for his and its second hand.....and hes not the only one who buys bikes for that amount....

F5 dave, i know your a engineering wiz but not all of us can build motors ect......alot of us just like to buy a capable bike and race, I have no doubt that you can build a fast bike for not much money......your good with motors and like working on them, i just like to race {and modify :baby:}

In b-grade at mt wellignton its hard to win on a "cheap bike" pretty much everyone is on fxr's or modded cb125t's {very hard to get hold of} so if you cant beat them join them....

gav
14th October 2009, 20:45
But you can buy s/h FXR's for $1000 if you keep your eyes open ...... that's pretty cheap. For $3K I'd be wanting a proper CBR150.
Or I'd wait and try and pick up a written off Yamaha R125 for $3K ....

DELLORTO
14th October 2009, 20:48
But you can buy s/h FXR's for $1000 if you keep your eyes open ...... that's pretty cheap. For $3K I'd be wanting a proper CBR150.

i guess.......cbr150's are hard to get, also i didnt find they have a power advantage over mine on a kart track.....

the kymco looks very similar to mine....although they got the front fairing completly wrong....

mossy1200
14th October 2009, 21:01
My build budget is $150 and its going well to plan so far.
Bike $80 stripped and vt parts selling
Sold $125 in parts so far and have rolling chasis finished with race fairings.
Current budget is +$45 so $195 remaining of my $150 budget.

DELLORTO
14th October 2009, 21:02
My build budget is $150 and its going well to plan so far.
Bike $80 stripped and vt parts selling
Sold $125 in parts so far and have rolling chasis finished with race fairings.
Current budget is +$45 so $195 remaining of my $150 budget.

what sort of motor are you goign to run?

FastFred
14th October 2009, 21:33
actauly i pay for my own bikes....:mad: dont try and pin me out as some sort of spoilt jerk, because im not, i sold all my mx bike, gear and italian pocket bike to pay for my cbr.....

Actually its not me making you out to be a spoilt prat. who payed for your mx bike gear et all?? if you want to race a cheque book you might feel more comfortable joining the like minded at a go cart club.

Bren_chch
14th October 2009, 22:21
Or I'd wait and try and pick up a written off Yamaha R125 for $3K ....

hey Gav, i got something you can have for 2k not 3k! :lol:

Sketchy_Racer
14th October 2009, 22:55

Kymco is a great company, they make reliable trusty bikes, they arnt exactualy the fastest bikes avaliable but they do the job well.

Just thought id post it for people interested.

You really don't get the point of buckets do you?

I'm interested to hear what you base your opinion of these bikes on;

"Kymco is a great company, they make reliable trusty bikes, they arnt exactualy the fastest bikes avaliable but they do the job well."

Did you copy paste that from their advertising brochure?

Oh and another factor, $3000 is not cheap for buckets. $3000 is what people pay for a well sorted Formula 3 400cc bike, not a bucket.

$3000 pretty cheap, damien payed $2400 for his and its second hand.....and hes not the only one who buys bikes for that amount....

So who paid for all your MotoX gear and Italian minimotos?

When you say you pay for all your bikes I take it you mean you go to work and save yourmoney to buy a bike??....

$3000 is not cheap.

i guess.......cbr150's are hard to get, also i didnt find they have a power advantage over mine on a kart track.....

the kymco looks very similar to mine....although they got the front fairing completly wrong....

Did you ride the two CBR's back to back and check lap times to then give an accurate comparison to the two bikes?

I've seen the Mt Wellington kart track, and raced at Roys Hill, and neither of those tracks (particularly Mt Welly) have any room for a more powerful bike to make any difference. You say you need a fast bike to win in even B grade?, I say bollocks.

hey Gav, i got something you can have for 2k not 3k! :lol:

Who's the nutter that drilled the swingarm!! Love it.... :lol:

Buddha#81
15th October 2009, 05:52
Who's the nutter that drilled the swingarm!! Love it.... :lol:

would have been a simular nutter who drilled pointless holes in a FXR a few years back:bash: Oh sorry that was YOU!

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2009, 06:10
Interesting... I bought my very second hand 'Bucket Commuter' for less than $1000 with rego and WOF... Guess value is in the eye of the owner but FWIW, I agree with the others!!

Taz
15th October 2009, 06:31
I remember when a bucket racer was supposed to be a cheap old road bike stripped for the track at minimal expense. Sounds like some are now spending big money (3k or more) on this fun non serious form of racing. Why? Syrely that money would be better spent on a real race bike for racing on real tracks?

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2009, 06:36
I remember when a bucket racer was supposed to be a cheap old road bike stripped for the track at minimal expense. Sounds like some are now spending big money (3k or more) on this fun non serious form of racing. Why? Syrely that money would be better spent on a real race bike for racing on real tracks?

Surely! <hehehehehe>

ajturbo
15th October 2009, 06:37

F5 dave, i know your a engineering wiz but not all of us can build motors ect......alot of us just like to buy a capable bike and race, I have no doubt that you can build a fast bike for not much money......your good with motors and like working on them, i just like to race {and modify :baby:}

In b-grade at mt wellignton its hard to win on a "cheap bike" pretty much everyone is on fxr's or modded cb125t's {very hard to get hold of} so if you cant beat them join them....
i have only NEVER paid MORE than $300 for ANY of my bikes... (buckets)

i think these are a high price...
but thanks for showing a different approach...

Sketchy_Racer
15th October 2009, 06:41
would have been a simular nutter who drilled pointless holes in a FXR a few years back:bash: Oh sorry that was YOU!

ohhh but that's different.... :lol::rolleyes:

Buddha#81
15th October 2009, 06:42

I dont know why you think its non serious....... Get down South, you will find we take it very seriously and get to race on Real race tracks, Labour Weekend 30+ of us are off to the Greymouth Street Race to contest the "largest" cup on offer! Our MotoFXR series is raced on the full circuit of Levels and Ruapuna and has better prizes and prize money than you can win at the Nats on a 600 or 1K. Most or us have Posty's, F3, Motards, Bears bikes and look at them as something to do when we are waiting for the next Bucket race..........Sorry Dude Bucket racing is far from non serious for most of us!

3K can get you a very competitive bike, what other class of ANY motorsport can you do that?

Buddha#81
15th October 2009, 06:44
ohhh but that's different.... :lol::rolleyes:

Sorry, your holes were fooken UGLY!!!!!!!!

SS90
15th October 2009, 09:13
Wasn't some guy advertising his stroker for something in the order of 5K?

Sure, there may have been a time when you could WIN on a $300 bike, but I have to say that realistically, those times are far far gone.

If you purchased a "stock" 150, you wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere.

To win you need to have slicks, suspension set ups etc, not to mention the tuning of an engine.

Shit, a set of slicks is worth more than $300!

Sure, 3K for a "production bucket" is steep, but I am sure that if you want to run for the front, your bucket would owe you something like that.

"just going round and round" is another story.............

Skunk
15th October 2009, 09:37
$3000? Affordable? WTF?!

If I had that sort of money to spare I'd be racing in F3!

Get a grip on the real world Dellorto. You come across as a 15 year old rich kid.

nudemetalz
15th October 2009, 10:29
You come across (as) a 15 year old rich kid.

:eek: When I read this for the first time, that is what I thought I saw.....

:lol:

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 10:43
im sorry, ive come from the expensive world of motorcross and i didnt realise you guys spend so littlemoney, but make up for it by putting hard work into the bikes.

sorry if i offened anyone. -max

if i was rich i would make a track....:baby:

my bike was expensive but i use it alot, and im planning on getting it for ages, and its realy reliable,

Schrgd
15th October 2009, 10:54
I think the test of reliability comes with time. One race doesn't constitute reliability.

3K Cheap??? Affordable??? If you had a lazy 3K your fxr would be a reliable bike if you spent the money in the right place's!!( pretty in blue doesn't help with reliability) Let's hope your bike start's this weekend(max) or we may all be seeing a "affordable bucket(sic)" sooner than everyone thinks!:Pokey:

And i join everyone else in the hope for a fine week end, or at least sunday for racing.....:headbang:

Can't wait!

NOID
15th October 2009, 11:53
I have to agree and disagree with max. yes you can build a bucket for under 3k easly, i have and iv been wastefull buying flash bits like yoshi pipe, flash paint etc etc and am up to 1500$ ish. and im dead slow as iv never raced before, but going on what iv seen at roys theres alot of people that take it queit seriously, i agree that im out to have as much fun as the next guy but when the time comes that i can ride well enough to keep up with the front guys i will spend $$$$ to get me the advantages i need to win... simple

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 15:22
I think the test of reliability comes with time. One race doesn't constitute reliability.

3K Cheap??? Affordable??? If you had a lazy 3K your fxr would be a reliable bike if you spent the money in the right place's!!( pretty in blue doesn't help with reliability) Let's hope your bike start's this weekend(max) or we may all be seeing a "affordable bucket(sic)" sooner than everyone thinks!:Pokey:

And i join everyone else in the hope for a fine week end, or at least sunday for racing.....:headbang:

Can't wait!

i spent moeny in the right places on my fxr......its the mechanic who did them who stuffed up big time, also ive been told that its likely that one of valves was bent on my fxr due to over-reving, that was my fault, and that i didnt have a rev-counter:weep:......what sort of question is "i hope the bike starts this weekend" of course its going to start its been looked after.

i dont have a lazy 3k......if i did i would do buckets and motorcross.......

3k is cheap for a "new" bike.....thats what i meant....i didnt mean 3k cheap for a bucket......because it isnt.......my first bucket was $600...and it was realible.....but had limits.

bucketracer
15th October 2009, 15:23
im sorry, ive come from the expensive world of motorcross and i didnt realise you guys spend so littlemoney, but make up for it by putting hard work into the bikes.

I guess the effort put into developing a competitive bucket is like building a good VMX bike. Not cheap but can't be done with $$$ alone.

FastFred
15th October 2009, 15:36
i spent moeny in the right places on my fxr......its the mechanic who did them who stuffed up big time,

Rich Dickheads always blame the mechanic, employee, servant, peasent, lower classes Etc. what a wanker.

Be a man and learn to spanner for yourself.

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2009, 15:39
3k is cheap for a "new" bike.....thats what i meant....i didnt mean 3k cheap for a bucket......because it isnt.......my first bucket was $600...and it was realible.....but had limits.

Part of why I love buckets is watching people actually out there thrashing there 'cheap' buckets and actually passing 'faster expensives' bikes, cause they can ride!

At the end of the day it aint what you ride, its how you ride it!! :headbang:

EgliHonda
15th October 2009, 15:46
Holy crap, my bucket cost $100. granted it's slow, but lot of fun cutting bits off and seeing how big a brake drum I can fit on the front. Isn't that the point? Start with a real shtiheap and make what you can out of bits you have in the shed?

Methinks the spirit of bucketeering has gone...

Schrgd
15th October 2009, 15:47
At the end of the day it aint what you ride, its how you ride it!!

Thats right!!!!

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 15:52
Rich Dickheads always blame the mechanic, employee, servant, peasent, lower classes Etc. what a wanker.

Be a man and learn to spanner for yourself.

that mechanic put engine oil in my forks.....that pretty annoying.....

what sort of response do you want me to give you?? because your rude and obviously not quite there .....ill cut you some slack......im 15 and i dont resort to that sort of pathetic crap.

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2009, 15:57

what sort of response do you want me to give you?? because your rude and obviously not quite there .....ill cut you some slack......im 15 and i dont resort to that sort of pathetic crap.

Deep breathe mate. He has a point but dont think he was "having a go"! Learning to do all your own maintenance is a good idea. Or just find some guy with a mullet and date him... ;)

Sketchy_Racer
15th October 2009, 16:10

Ahhh so that's what made your FXR unreliable, must have been that motor oil in the forks..

Shit the first bucket I ever had I drilled a hole in the side of the rear shock and put a bolt in so I could put different thicknesses of motor oil in it to see how it would affect it.

Fast Freddy is not being rude, he is just picking holes in your not-so-though-out arguments and ideas.

Mate, it sounds like you are enthusiastic and really into the sport, and keep at it. Work hard and the rewards will come, but save yourself a lot of hassle and don't say shit you don't know about (even if you -think- you do) all you will get is a pack of us wankers giving you shit.

Save it for the track and ride harder and better than the next guy.

Kendog
15th October 2009, 16:18
$3000 is what people pay for a well sorted Formula 3 400cc bike, not a bucket.

Now there is an idea. Buy something like this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129453709), sell the engine in it and replace it with the mighty Loncin.

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 16:23
thanks, your right, i come on kiwikber when im bored, so i do talk alot of shit......most the time i make stuff up, i intend on riding hard......hopefully it will pay off.

it is "its not what you ride but how you ride" sometimes, but i dont see anyone of a honda cub 50.....:lol:

F5 Dave
15th October 2009, 16:38
Now there is an idea. Buy something like this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129453709), sell the engine in it and replace it with the mighty Loncin.

Nah man save some more dollars & find a spanky GSXR thou, hook out the weedy engine & put the LongChin in that.

. . . .or a 750. Actually I know where you could get one. Go on, do it do it do it.

Kendog
15th October 2009, 16:57
. . . .or a 750. Actually I know where you could get one. Go on, do it do it do it.

I just did some measurements on a 750, pretty sure I can get the mighty 150 in there. Not sure about the tight kart tracks, but should be ok for Taupo :laugh:

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 17:11
qoudlnt a loncin be abit slow for that big frame??

have you seen those water-cooled 150's newmanz are selling? i think they're honda copies.

Voltaire
15th October 2009, 17:18
Hmmmm, a possible bent valve and engine oil in the forks.....more things to sort out.....:(
and the long list was getting shorter...

Still started first time after draining the stale gas out...:rolleyes:
The Honda looks good.

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 17:31
Hmmmm, a possible bent valve and engine oil in the forks.....more things to sort out.....:(

The Honda looks good.

the valve must not be bent, are you coming to mt wellignton this weekend? it would be good to see the bike out of track! , plus the engine oil in the forks i took out at a race day after crashing because the froks were completly rigid.....

Voltaire
15th October 2009, 17:50
the valve must not be bent, are you coming to mt wellignton this weekend? it would be good to see the bike out of track! , plus the engine oil in the forks i took out at a race day after crashing because the froks were completly rigid.....

Away this weekend, but getting sorted for next month, should be fun at the back of the field.
Few more things I'd like to get done but its getting there.

speedpro
15th October 2009, 17:51
My chassis with front wheel cost $150, the rear wheel was another $150, the tank was free and the filler cap was about another $100-150. I pillaged my RS125 chassis for the brakes and fitted the good old MB100 engine. I bought a new Bridgestone front slick for $??? and the rear was out of the bin at the shop. I'm pretty happy with costs, bucket racing is my thing and has been for a long time. I'm gonna have this bike for a long time just like the last one.

I always think of Spencer when these conversations come up. His 6hp CG was always entertainment with him on it.

UNSTABLE
15th October 2009, 17:51

The Honda looks good.

Did you buy the blue ex-max mobile?

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 18:04

he sure did :clap:

Rick 52
15th October 2009, 18:04
]I have to agree and disagree with max. yes you can build a bucket for under 3k easly, i have and iv been wastefull buying flash bits like yoshi pipe, flash paint etc etc and am up to 1500$ ish. and im dead slow as iv never raced before, but going on what iv seen at roys theres alot of people that take it queit seriously, i agree that im out to have as much fun as the next guy but when the time comes that i can ride well enough to keep up with the front guys i will spend $$$$ to get me the advantages i need to win... simple[/QUOTE]

The advantages you need to win just can't be bought with $$$ I've been hunting for a bigger set of bollocks for years to make myself faster !!
Tim's Bike has a carb wheels gearing and a pipe thats it and look how fast he is he must have big bollocks LOL!!

CookMySock
15th October 2009, 18:11
Get a grip on the real world Dellorto. You come across as a 15 year old rich kid.no no, he's not 15 yet.

Steve

Voltaire
15th October 2009, 18:13

Yes, it will be a bit less blue soon.Should be fun.
I came out there last meet on an old Ducati to see my my mate and his wife who has just started racing.
Were you one of the guys I was talking to with three FXR's under the gazebo?
I be the new noob on the block.....no experience and no skills..:rolleyes:

Voltaire
15th October 2009, 18:16
no no, he's not 15 yet.

Steve

Yeah, first bike I have bought off a 14 year old.
When I was 14 all we had was trolleys made from old pushchairs....

UNSTABLE
15th October 2009, 18:17
In that case:

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard:clap::lol:

I don't know how many times I asked and said " have you put fresh gas in it and drained the carb..."

That's gold.

UNSTABLE
15th October 2009, 18:20
Were you one of the guys I was talking to with three FXR's under the gazebo?
I be the new noob on the block.....no experience and no skills..:rolleyes:

No but a couple of them belong to a good mate of mine. Mine is the Kawasaki green FXR. You'll be allright out there I'm sure, FXR's are pretty reliable for most people:2thumbsup.

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 18:25
Yeah, first bike I have bought off a 14 year old.
When I was 14 all we had was trolleys made from old pushchairs....

hopefully i didnt come across as dodgy :baby:

Buckets4Me
15th October 2009, 20:09
I dont know why you think its non serious....... Get down South, you will find we take it very seriously and get to race on Real race tracks, Labour Weekend 30+ of us are off to the Greymouth Street Race to contest the "largest" cup on offer! Our MotoFXR series is raced on the full circuit of Levels and Ruapuna and has better prizes and prize money than you can win at the Nats on a 600 or 1K. Most or us have Posty's, F3, Motards, Bears bikes and look at them as something to do when we are waiting for the next Bucket race..........Sorry Dude Bucket racing is far from non serious for most of us!

3K can get you a very competitive bike, what other class of ANY motorsport can you do that?

I think you will find that some if not all up here in Auckland take it very seriosly

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 20:18
I think you will find that some if not all up here in Auckland take it very seriosly

your right, at mt wellignton even b-grade is fearsly compeditive......when you race on big circuits like they do i guess you need more power {that means more money}......a well set-up fxr {in a different frame} you'd be looking at $3500 at least, i like the compeditive nature.....i also like a bike that looks nice and handles nice.

Whats a loncin like on taupo, ruapuna ect?? their only a 5-speed.....

gav
15th October 2009, 20:29
Actually the fastest FXR down here is standard .....
A Loncin? Be like taking a slingshot to a gun fight ....

Bren_chch
15th October 2009, 20:32

no Gav.. the fxr150 currently been ridden the fastest is a std bike, but its not the fastest fxr150 by a long shot. Stick any of them light guys on my bike warwick is riding and then you'll see the fastest fxr150.

UNSTABLE
15th October 2009, 20:37

Other than carb, exhaust and wheels the top 3 FXR's up here are 'standard' too, I suppose you would call it mildly modified...

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 20:38

haha i doubt the fasest fxr is standard......its the rider who is the fastest no the bike. Wouldnt bren's bike be WAY faster than stock one?

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 20:42
Other than carb, exhaust and wheels the top 3 FXR's up here are 'standard' too, I suppose you would call it mildly modified...

if you do anything else than that you'll risk blowing the motor.....tims bike has little mods, but they've been done well. He might need to do mor to it to out power gary.

Skunk
15th October 2009, 20:44
Current and start. Yes, it's the same bike. Under $3000 and 4 years of use.

Bren_chch
15th October 2009, 20:49
if you do anything else than that you'll risk blowing the motor.....

thats not really true... but it is true that in my search for power I did destroy a few engines on the way because i was trying some strange ideas, but now i seem to have them pretty sorted and very reliable, in fact i haven't blown one up for ages now lol, i better get back to the drawing board!
The last 2 engines i have built have been far from just a carb change etc, they have had some serious work and are surviving well and are very fast.

Hell even the very 1st motofxr racer i built for last years BOB is going hard out and the new owner is rough as guts lol! thats got cams, ignition, high compression, carb and all the light stuff, still going strong! ;)

thats why i cant agree with you. ;)

lostinflyz
haha i doubt the fasest fxr is standard......its the rider who is the fastest no the bike. Wouldnt bren's bike be WAY faster than stock one?

well its sure as fuck louder than a stock one.

a WAY (way faster bikes, missing the capitals, are much slower than WAY bikes) faster bucket aint gonna make you win, and its unlikely to put you much, if any closer to the front. (see streetstock for examples).

Bren_chch
Current and start. Yes, it's the same bike. Under $3000 and 4 years of use.

that looks real cool!!!

gav
15th October 2009, 20:54
Nah, its all in the bike Im telling ya!

Bren_chch
15th October 2009, 20:56
Nah, its all in the bike Im telling ya!

you think its a 200cc like Joe is? :lol: might have to start a rumor!

DELLORTO
15th October 2009, 20:57
thats not really true... but it is true that in my search for power I did destroy a few engines on the way because i was trying some strange ideas, but now i seem to have them pretty sorted and very reliable, in fact i haven't blown one up for ages now lol, i better get back to the drawing board!
The last 2 engines i have built have been far from just a carb change etc, they have had some serious work and are surviving well and are very fast.

Hell even the very 1st motofxr racer i built for last years BOB is going hard out and the new owner is rough as guts lol! thats got cams, ignition, high compression, carb and all the light stuff, still going strong! ;)

thats why i cant agree with you. ;)

you know what your doing tho......alot people {including myself} are not experts and are very scared of blowing such a "rare" motor......you must of spent a fortune on fxr development...lol so you know now what make them fast and reliable {fortune in bucket terms}

gav
15th October 2009, 21:02
you know what your doing tho......alot people {including myself} are not experts and are very scared of blowing such a "rare" motor......
Well, seeing as you were unable to change the stale fuel in your old FXR then you are probably right ...... :clap:

Bren_chch
15th October 2009, 21:04
you know what your doing tho......alot people {including myself} are not experts and are very scared of blowing such a "rare" motor......you must of spent a fortune on fxr development...lol so you know now what make them fast and reliable {fortune in bucket terms}

I've been quite lucky in that i managed to score a few dead engines and lots of old parts so it hasn't stung me to much, but i still wouldn't want to add up all the deaths! :lol:

gav
15th October 2009, 21:07
R & D is never cheap .....

gav
15th October 2009, 21:33
And anyway, why would you spend $3000 on that Chinese thing when you could buy this for $2000!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=246713571

and with the left over, buy a tidy Suzuki GP125!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-246562745.htm

F5 Dave
16th October 2009, 08:30
Looks like quite a tidy GP, be a shame to molest it, could even be a nice resto.

Far better life than my poor old GP100 that I bought in (large) parts for $40. Invested twice that amount on some knobblies & headed for the hills with some other demented friends.

It easily had the legs on a A100, but the downside of that rotary valve engine was as you coasted down a hill & came upon a fallen branch & tried to pop a wheelie it would have loaded up so you smash over the branch only to accelerate a second later:rolleyes:

Pumba
16th October 2009, 20:02
Christ you go away for a week and you miss all the fun. Nothing like a good shit fieght eh boys:Pokey:

I have a feeling that buckets has always cost what buckets has cost, from what I have seen and heard about there has been a lot of money spent in the past, but possibly it was never spoken about or added up the same way it now if with the advent of the internet.

Just a theory, dont let it stop the shit:corn:

speedpro
16th October 2009, 20:49
Trust me. The argument over how much a bucket should cost, and therefore how fast it may be, has been going on forever. Funny thing is that the FAST buckets all have more time spent on them than money. Money -yes, but time - YES, lots. It's the old story about a particular bucket not being in the spirit etc etc and how bucket racing is all about being "cheap" fun. Then someone mentions how all this money being spent is ruining bucket racing :yawn: , what a load of crap.

Henk
16th October 2009, 21:13
At the end of the day talent counts for more than bike anyway. Still remember being seriously embarassed on my 360sx KTM by a guy on a KDX200 by the name of Chris Birch. You can buy all the bike you like but you can't buy talent and balls the size of coconuts.

bucketracer
17th October 2009, 11:54

Riding talent is the biggie, then spanner skills and effort, then money. To go well you either spend effort or lots of money.

The fiddlers like to spend effort and the riders like to spend money and just ride, and that's fair enough.

Which is good, because its particularly great fun beating big money with spanner talent ......:bleh:

Damien_Toman
24th October 2009, 22:16
At the end of the day talent counts for more than bike anyway. Still remember being seriously embarassed on my 360sx KTM by a guy on a KDX200 by the name of Chris Birch. You can buy all the bike you like but you can't buy talent and balls the size of coconuts.

Chris is one of the world's very best hard-out enduro riders, of course. A group of 5 of us, including my son, had a whole day being coached by Chris at Riverhead forest on our dirt bikes in early 2008. Was fantastic. He at one stage rode up an almost vertical cliff, went into the air, turned it around, and came back down again. It was frightening to watch. He returned totally relaxed! We did not do that bit in our training :shit:

F5 Dave
25th October 2009, 09:02
Yeah a mate had booked some training with him & a few mates earlier this year but I broke my collarbone so had to give up my place.

jasonu
31st October 2009, 16:52
Don't do it!They sell em here. They are elcheapo big time. Horrible cheap engine castings and poorly made internals. You should see the bolt ons like nasty stamped foot pegs and ultra shitty pot metal levers and controls. After sales and spare parts support fageddaboutit!!!

jasonu
31st October 2009, 17:21
[QUOTE=speedpro;1129463052]Trust me. The argument over how much a bucket should cost, and therefore how fast it may be, has been going on forever. Funny thing is that the FAST buckets all have more time spent on them than money. Money -yes, but time - YES, lots. It's the old story about a particular bucket not being in the spirit etc etc and how bucket racing is all about being "cheap" fun. Then someone mentions how all this money being spent is ruining bucket racing :yawn: , what a load of crap.

Well put Green