PDA

View Full Version : We could make them pay?

Mumbles
14th October 2009, 20:47
Just thinking, don’t know if it will work....
But if I'm going to pay $750 odd dollars a year to ride my bike then I think out of :mad: I might just keep going into the post office and putting my rego on hold for a week (claim 6 months) and then put it back on... a few weeks later do the same again....
I figure NZ post is going to charge someone to keep records up to date, it’s going to piss them off and cause unnecessary extra work for someone…. But I’ll get a few more months extra ahy?...
Could it work….. anyone got any ideas?

vindy500
14th October 2009, 20:48
Just thinking, don’t know if it will work....
But if I'm going to pay $750 odd dollars a year to ride my bike then I think out of :mad: I might just keep going into the post office and putting my rego on hold for a week (claim 6 months) and then put it back on... a few weeks later do the same again....
I figure NZ post is going to charge someone to keep records up to date, it’s going to piss them off and cause unnecessary extra work for someone…. But I’ll get a few more months extra ahy?...

putting it back on early costs doesnt it

Jantar
14th October 2009, 20:55
It must remain on hold for a minimum of 3 months or you pay right through.

Mumbles
14th October 2009, 20:56
putting it back on early costs doesnt it

ohhh man there I go.... bugger.
So I put it on hold and hope I dont get pulled up for 3 months take it off for one month put it on hold again.... :drool:

cs363
14th October 2009, 22:34
And to really rot your socks all the figures being bandied about are the ACC levies only, not the total rego cost - so figure on a big road bike closer to $900+ :(

MarkH
14th October 2009, 23:18

Put the rego on hold, take your chances. If you don't get pulled over and fined for no rego over a years riding then you saved $800.

Mort
14th October 2009, 23:22
And to really rot your socks all the figures being bandied about are the ACC levies only, not the total rego cost - so figure on a big road bike closer to $900+ :(

Yep - I reckon it to be $875 for a big bike based on the current rego cost without the ACC levy.

I have two bikes so it will cost me $1751 per year.... and I can only ride one bike at a time.

cs363
14th October 2009, 23:23
Yep - I reckon it to be $875 for a big bike based on the current rego cost without the ACC levy.

I have two bikes so it will cost me $1751 per year.... and I can only ride one bike at a time.

Same here (2 big bikes) and a car...not a happy camper! :mad: