PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung SF50 Info

Jono
16th April 2005, 07:28
Hey All

Im looking at buying a Hyosung 2004 SF50 Rally Scooter - Its at a really good price. Only 6months old and done 900ks.

Just need your input!!

Anything i should be aware of?
I know its not an extremely well known brand but servie & parts are available (Red Baron etc)
Can it be de-restricted? - I think it can by removing the thing in the exhaust and something in the driveline (I will get this done by a pro!! - Prob red baron).

It looks like this http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=620851&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Except mines gona be half the price!!

Any info you could give me will be much appreciated.
Cheers!!!

Sutage
16th April 2005, 17:41
I looked at these

Pretty sure they are chinese? got told by the guy at scooter world across the road from Red Baron, said stay away from chinese scooters
Yeh red baron sells em for 2grand i think it was, i decided not to because eventually youll get bored of a 50cc, but if its second hand already thats a lot better.
they look real nice tho, i liked the red one

on my sj50qt there is just a plate on the exhaust which i think is the speed restrictor, dont wanna take it off as im trying to sell the bike :P

im going for the more vintage scooter, www.retroscooter.co.nz more fun/power than an auto 50

phaedrus
16th April 2005, 20:31
Hey All

Im looking at buying a Hyosung 2004 SF50 Rally Scooter - Its at a really good price. Only 6months old and done 900ks.

Just need your input!!

Anything i should be aware of?
I know its not an extremely well known brand but servie & parts are available (Red Baron etc)
Can it be de-restricted? - I think it can by removing the thing in the exhaust and something in the driveline (I will get this done by a pro!! - Prob red baron).

It looks like this http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=620851&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Except mines gona be half the price!!

Any info you could give me will be much appreciated.
Cheers!!!

i don't know about the scooter. but my hyosung has been very good to me, the only problems were stupidity induced. although I can't tell you about long term reliability, as i've only had it for a bit over 1000K. It doesn't seem to be a brand to be feared

zooter
16th April 2005, 20:44
I'm not sure but I recall it being a fourstoke, no easy performance upgrade if Im right. Those big fat tyres will slow you down too. If you want an easy upgrade to a kickass illegal 50 moped why not buy the other dude's sj50, pull the restictor and get 70kph on the flat without blowing it up. His 1150 bucks is quite reasonable for the k's on it. Rego'd and all. :banana:

Jono
19th April 2005, 09:32
Thankz 4 all your input guys. Much appreciated!!! :Punk:

I want a 50cc Scooter because its just 2 get me 2 uni a few times a week (Ive got a car to).

Im looking at a few other scooter aswell so im keepn my options open.

The guy thats selling it only wants $1300 for it and it has only done 900k's + comes with a good helmet and a lock. At the moment its in Red Baron getting its service (1000k). Its still under warranty and ill ask if warranty can be transferred over to me if i purchase it. Ill have another test ride when it gets back. If i do buy it and down the line end up not liking it im sure ill be able to get my money back when i sell it.