PDA

View Full Version : Bikers to blame, but where's the education

TerryB
14th October 2009, 21:07
Ok, so the ACC levies look like their going up. Fair enough that bikers cost more to mend if they end up in hospital. What I want to know is where is the safety advice for cagers as well as motorcyclists, so we can bring down the road toll and make it safer for us on the road?

gwigs
14th October 2009, 21:19
Dead right ,wheres our TV safety ads?Obviously we dont count ,only cagers get ad campaigns....:mad:

FIDH
14th October 2009, 21:21
The political mind sees financial penalties as more than enough incentive to curtail ones dangerous behaviour. The lawmakers don't get the money for their perks and obscene salaries by instigating safety programs for road users.

I have sent several e-mails to Land Transport suggesting a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of stop sign etiquette and responsibilities. The replies have been in the vein of "not necessary". As a road user who passes though a 4 way stop sign daily, I am of the opinion that such a program is very necessary, as this very intersection accounts for most of the near misses I experience. Stop means STOP. At the yellow lines. Behind the vehicle AT the yellow lines in front does not count.

StoneY
14th October 2009, 21:24
Stop means STOP. At the yellow lines. Behind the vehicle AT the yellow lines in front does not count.

Back when we sat our licenses bro, 3 cars could go from the yellow, it was the one question I got wrong on the written...I said two
;)

Musta changed over the years :dodge:

sunhuntin
14th October 2009, 21:30
I have sent several e-mails to Land Transport suggesting a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of stop sign etiquette and responsibilities. The replies have been in the vein of "not necessary". As a road user who passes though a 4 way stop sign daily, I am of the opinion that such a program is very necessary, as this very intersection accounts for most of the near misses I experience. Stop means STOP. At the yellow lines. Behind the vehicle AT the yellow lines in front does not count.

stop signs here dont seem to even exist. sure, they are there all right, but many seem to transform into giveway signs the way some people use em. i admit, i do do that with one sign, but its cos i can quite clearly see without putting my feet down, and its a t intersection. also only done when turning left. the rest are treated with more caution than often required. there are two intersections shaped like this + that ive often thought should have lights instead of signs. one is the one where i got hit, and the other is one where i nearly got hit.

pocketcracker
14th October 2009, 21:34
700+ 12 months rego ,, WOOOHOOO! ... rather pay 1-3 tickets a year at $150 per ticket ... hell i been over 10 years with out being pulled up, cept latelly due to obsene speed ..WOOHOO licence back in 3 months ready for summer.

scumdog
14th October 2009, 21:36
700+ 12 months rego ,, WOOOHOOO! ... rather pay 1-3 tickets a year at $150 per ticket ... hell i been over 10 years with out being pulled up, cept latelly due to obsene speed ..WOOHOO licence back in 3 months ready for summer.

I hate to break this to you but it is now $200 for no rego...:(

been_there
14th October 2009, 22:09
Fuck just take the licence plate off, no rego, forget the insurance and boot it everywhere...cause the police wont be able to chase you...Ghostrider time...

Nah seriousily it is shit they will reduce the road toll for MC cause less people will use them. I am for a reduced rego if you can prove you have done advanced driver training. Meaning you have reduced the risk of yourself causing an accident...cant stop stupid fucking cage drivers with there caps sideways and doof doof music crashing while tryin to race now can we!!!

Rant over

chef
14th October 2009, 22:59
bring in some biker t.v adds to show that cagers have to look out, or bam, some shock treatment like the drunk driver ones. never seen a motorcycle add

Creeping Death
15th October 2009, 02:46
ACC can suck my cock...and lick the cheese under the hood.Fuck them.:cool:

bones135
15th October 2009, 05:27
This sux for sure & im pissed off, what about the cyclists that get biffed by cars, i dont recall seeing anuthing about their levies going up. Do they een pay anything,

nico
15th October 2009, 05:29
REGO ON HOLD , number plate gone i aint stoping look acc you acchevied so much,,,,, after talking to a group of guys at work most are puting rego's on hold removing number plates and have the attutude, catch me if you can thers no way im paying $700+ for rego a year.

Wile some turd in a doof doof wagon drives like a iodit hits me and says i didnt see you it must be your fault.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rra what is this country coming to never that i see the day when oz was looking acctractive

small rant over more to come.

Mystic13
15th October 2009, 07:56
As a road user who passes though a 4 way stop sign daily, I am of the opinion that such a program is very necessary, as this very intersection accounts for most of the near misses I experience. Stop means STOP. At the yellow lines. Behind the vehicle AT the yellow lines in front does not count.

Actually behind the vehicle in front does count. The rule clearly states you must come to a stop behind the line in a position where you can see the traffic. And stopping as second car back, looking left and right and then going is all okay as far as I am aware. As long as you have a clear view.

FastBikeGear
15th October 2009, 22:47
Stop means STOP. At the yellow lines. Behind the vehicle AT the yellow lines in front does not count.

Yes it does

Elysium
16th October 2009, 04:05
Funny enough I emailed Hon S Joyce concerning the lack of education for cagers about motorcycles about two weeks ago. Now this....

yungatart
16th October 2009, 06:56
I would not be so outraged at the increase in ACC levies if part of that levy was used to fund rider/driver education.
If the ultimate aim of ACC is to reduce the amount paid out to claimants then surely education would help to achieve that aim in the long term....
Wouldn't it be great if, on completion of a subsidised rider training course, one could claim back a (large) portion of one's ACC levy. The course would in no way be compulsory, but would benefit those who choose to do it, in more ways than one.

CookMySock
16th October 2009, 07:30
That is nothing to do with it. The problem is, they need cash and we're an easy target.

Or are we?

Steve

phred
16th October 2009, 08:03
Dead right ,wheres our TV safety ads?Obviously we dont count ,only cagers get ad campaigns....:mad:

If we end up paying more Levy we should be demanding better service from the ACC. "Look out for Bikes" Hi Vis vests and a DVD are hardly a safety and awareness campaign. If its user pays I demand some results. Shame on the ACC and the Govymint for allowing bikers to be 17 times more likely to be injured. Their answer appears to be oh well lets just charge them more for the privelege.

davereid
16th October 2009, 08:08
I hate to break this to you but it is now $200 for no rego...:(

So, for me, 3 bikes rego = $2000

Cheaper to get a ticket every coupla months...