PDA

View Full Version : Alternative options/what would you do?

Thani-B
14th October 2009, 21:10
What would you rather happen?

spookytooth
14th October 2009, 21:13
A out clause No i do nott want acc cover thank you

Thani-B
14th October 2009, 21:22
Sidewinder you prick.

Leyton
14th October 2009, 21:55
They should make the rise, but make it optional to opt out and take out accident insurance instead. <-- There will be private providers that will hike their premiems.. Owww Money Money Money fucking greed, sick of it. Evil greed.

rainman
14th October 2009, 22:03
What would you rather happen?

I'd rather have a government that doesn't lie about the issue to manufacture a crisis, thank you. So None Of The Above.

A out clause No i do nott want acc cover thank you

I'd support your right to opt out, but what about if you caused an accident and injured someone else? Who pays for that?

discotex
14th October 2009, 22:15
Fund ACC solely from the general tax take or scrap it and go private. Simple really.

Why should cages pay more than skiiers and cyclists anyway? - let alone motorcycles more than cages...

Probably costs more in consultants working it out than what we save by targetting groups (employee contribution/cage/petrol tax/etc). It sure as shit isn't a fair "no fault" system.

AlpinePossum
15th October 2009, 00:12
Auditing the medical supply chain (since they get the bulk of the money) rather than the patients.

Decreasing accidents. After all ACC is one large step beyond the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff....

Disincentives levies on those who cause more damage (eg. SUV's cars...)

Per kilometer levies.

Proper antidrink driving enforcement.

More speed traps targeted at "silly speeds in dangerous places".

I bet adventure tourers have lower risks than sport bikes and hogs.

AlpinePossum
15th October 2009, 00:18
Fund ACC solely from the general tax take

Why should cages pay more than skiiers and cyclists anyway? - let alone motorcycles more than cages...

All the money for all my medical bills ultimately comes from one place.

My pocket.

So it's damn silly that I get a higher standard of treatment if I fall off my bike than if I get cancer.

And if my pocket aren't big enough, well then we need to move back to some of the cheaper methods of yesteryear.

GazzaRuney
15th October 2009, 03:51
Fuck the Minister, Fuck ACC - they can prize $1500 a year for my two bikes from my cold dead hand!

Kiwi's dont do this - coz they just dont - but we ALL NEED TO BAND TOGETHER and refuse to pay this extortionate rise.

When NONE OF US pay it, then they'll have to think again, and unfortunately thats the only way that'll happen.

I have been riding bikes for 40 years - and the last prang of any sort I had was about 30 years ago - and that was on a trail bike!!!!

I intend not to pay it - period.

sagirl
15th October 2009, 10:15
And anyway why should I have to pay double and triple ACC levies, just cos I happen to have more than one vehicle (of any sort)! Sounds like 'African' mentality to me - penalize the rich, give to the (apparently) poor(er). That's like double insurance cover - which is never paid in an accident anyway! Screw it. I won't pay. Count us in on the protests.

onabimble
15th October 2009, 10:21
Good one ACC, doing this by CC and not by BHP or recorded rick factors is nothing short of a total cock up in my eyes.
They have hit the starter market, i.e SV 650's, ER 650's. Now these bikes are purchased by people with less funds available and more than likely new-er riders, the rise in ACC costs could take these people off the road all together. Maybe that's what they want. Kill off (so to speak) the new riders with pricing.
You really can't tell me an SV 650 is as dangerous as say, a GSXR1300 Busa. The 1300 has at least double the power! The main difference is 'IMO' Mr Busa man will more than likely have the funds to pay the extra AAC costs, while moaning the whole time like i am now!

I'm from the UK, (Now living in NZ) and i see this whole issue as nothing short of crazy. If you want to cut road incidends, the laws should be looked at as a whole. Get shot of the ridiculous turn left rule, that is the most stupid law i have ever come across. Bikes don't have self cancelling indicators, any rule that gives another peice if traffic the priority to turn in front of another road users path is just plain stupid.

While i'm on the subject of road, what's with the under taking rule, also very stupid. Get some lane discipline and get out of the FAST LANE. That's just it thou, what's the point in a so called FAST lane if undertaking is allowed. I've traveled through a lot of countries in my time by motorcycle and car. NZ is the only country that i know of that has undertaking allowed. Wake up NZ, wake up ACC. Speed is not the issue, 100kph draconian limits won't help! If you drove that slow in the UK on a main road you may well just be pulled by the Police as they wonder if you're over the limit with alcohol or on drugs.

I know i went a little off in a tangent but i do feel the above points are a cause to the ACC's rise. We, as motorcycles are getting the blame for this. No, don't believe me? Well what's the levy rise for then? I can't be the only one whos almost been side-swiped by an undertaking driver. If that had accured it's another KPI (key performance indicator) black mark aganist motorcycles! Nothing to do with the car driver being to blame, we will have to pay more next year! Where does it end?!

Get real ACC.....

onabimble
15th October 2009, 10:47
Oh and in the UK i acquired over 10 years no claims bonus. That was riding R1's GSXR 1000's RSV-R's etc.

The new levies are nothing short of a metaphorical poke in the eye to riders!

I'm up for any proposed protests. Ideas of how to go about this is a sensible way? Let me know. :mad: Lets not get walked over.

How about a very puplic street ride/meet protest. Get one going in every city. Make it known to the papers ie, very puplic. Get it on the news maybe?

What do you all think?

Dodger
15th October 2009, 11:00
Something that has been kicked around the office today:
ACC an equal compensation organisation catering for all New Zealanders.

So why is just one group getting stung? shouldn't the cost be split between all? Maybe as an increase to to GST? and not just to road users? :mad:

buellbabe
15th October 2009, 11:07
Fuck the Minister, Fuck ACC - they can prize $1500 a year for my two bikes from my cold dead hand!

Kiwi's dont do this - coz they just dont - but we ALL NEED TO BAND TOGETHER and refuse to pay this extortionate rise.

When NONE OF US pay it, then they'll have to think again, and unfortunately thats the only way that'll happen.

I have been riding bikes for 40 years - and the last prang of any sort I had was about 30 years ago - and that was on a trail bike!!!!

I intend not to pay it - period.

My thoughts exactly.

They can go F**k them selves royally!

I have been riding 25 yrs and have made 1 ACC claim that was a motorbike accident and that was 15 yrs ago.

I remember years ago when cars and bikes were separated and we started paying different amounts. There were a lot of statistics bandied around and the thing that annoys me most was the number of ACC claims on their register that weren't actully 'bike accidents' as such.

Such as a claim that I once made. I was touring in the sth island and the bike was loaded with gear. I kept twisting my lower back when I got on and off the bike and by the time I returned home I was in serious need of physio so I went to my doctor and explained what had happened and it became an ACC claim.

There are many other similar type "accidents" so really we have to be smart and if there is no damage to the bike then LIE. FFS come up with a different story about how you injured your shoulder/back/wrist/ankle...
Jeez there are plenty of bludgers already lying to ACC and they seem to get away with it!

For the record...I will be joining in any mass protest ride!

F**K ACC!

de_wood_elf
15th October 2009, 11:10
If we can't protest and make a difference then what the hell is the point of a democracy?

buellbabe
15th October 2009, 11:14
Oh and another thing that sucks is that the deadline for public submissions on the topic is November 10th!!!!!!

Good one.

Wankers.

MSTRS
15th October 2009, 11:15
If we can't protest and make a difference then what the hell is the point of a democracy?

There is no democracy where ACC is concerned. They are a monopoly. The only way to 'beat' them is to get the law/s concerning injury insurance changed.

Thani-B
16th October 2009, 07:25
The whole thing is bull.. Are we going to be happy when they cut it in half so we feel like we've won, even though that is probably what they are planning to do anyway?

Pixie
16th October 2009, 08:41
FFS come up with a different story about how you injured your shoulder/back/wrist/ankle...
Jeez there are plenty of bludgers already lying to ACC and they seem to get away with it!

For the record...I will be joining in any mass protest ride!

F**K ACC!

"Doc,I did it doing a 'Nick Smith'(attempting to insert my cranium into my rectum)"