PDA

View Full Version : Easy protest action

Quasievil
14th October 2009, 22:14
If you want an easy way to protest people.........

1/ Find your local MP office
2/ Get a group of bikers
3/ park on their doorstep with a basic banner or Sign
4/ Wait for the pre arranged Media and cops
5/ Leave

And then repeat

Im in Waikato, so whos in ?

PirateJafa
14th October 2009, 22:20
Anyone know where the local MP offices are around the country? Time to hit Google, methinks. I've got an afternoon free tomorrow.

Tortron
15th October 2009, 08:18
im up for it

Murray
15th October 2009, 08:19
Laxed Out Riders are all in!!!

Quasievil
15th October 2009, 08:22
Laxed Out Riders are all in!!!

I Say an Emergency Laxed out riders meeting Graham and get some action done ASAP..........small protest outside the MP office and we will notify Media

What say you mate................lunch time tomorrow ?

Murray
15th October 2009, 08:29
I Say an Emergency Laxed out riders meeting Graham and get some action done ASAP..........small protest outside the MP office and we will notify Media

What say you mate................lunch time tomorrow ?

We have a ride on Sunday if you want to come to Hotel Sunday Morning (leaving 10am) other than that generally 15-20 meet at Te Rapa Tavern every Wednesday and that is the best time to get messages out to all the group. Come Sunday

gothavealaugh
15th October 2009, 08:30
Well then I would say that you want to annoy and be at party events that major national party member are and remember to record the conversations you bet they will say something dumb remember the last election

Scouse
15th October 2009, 08:37
Or all of the site tory's could have voted for Labour at the last election. I cant see Phill Geoff pulling a stunt like that being that he is a biker.

slofox
15th October 2009, 08:41
Or all of the site tory's could have voted for Labour at the last election. I cant see Phill Geoff pulling a stunt like that being that he is a biker.

Not sure that would've worked anyway Scouse - I suspect ACC would be just as fucked regardless of governing party....

But then, look at this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109977). You could be right...

CookMySock
15th October 2009, 08:47
I can help over here, but whats with the cops attending? dunno about that.

Steve

mister.koz
15th October 2009, 10:09
I can help over here, but whats with the cops attending? dunno about that.

Steve

Cops for a level playing field, basically their presence at our request will make us look allot less like a vicious pack of bikie mobsters..

I am in.

The prospective bill is ridiculous. I will ask my government-stirring friends the best way to shake them up - i know a few :D

Drunken Monkey
15th October 2009, 10:15
I say do nothing, allow them to pass the changes. Then just don't pay your rego. Stuff protests, civil disobedience is where it's at.

mister.koz
15th October 2009, 10:23
I say do nothing, allow them to pass the changes. Then just don't pay your rego. Stuff protests, civil disobedience is where it's at.

Pointing at a bully thats just punched you in the face and spouting "takes one to know one" really doesn't have allot of effect.

Its harder to reverse something than to stop if moving in the first place, they could implement this in 2 or 3 months but reversing it could take years of litigation and all sorts of pointlessly slow political shite.

It makes more sense to try to get it reduced or leveled properly.

Drunken Monkey
15th October 2009, 10:26
I think you'll find a multi-million dollar shortfall in expected revenues from levies is something to be ignored. Kick them where it hurts. Unilateral non-payment of rego would be a much more powerful action. It can be taken further if everyone ignores the reminder notices and fines, they can't send us all to court.

mister.koz
15th October 2009, 10:45
I think you'll find a multi-million dollar shortfall in expected revenues from levies is something to be ignored. Kick them where it hurts. Unilateral non-payment of rego would be a much more powerful action. It can be taken further if everyone ignores the reminder notices and fines, they can't send us all to court.

I see your point but organizing protests and a group complaint submission is probably a safer bet than trying to organize a group of people to break the law.

The fact is this will happen anyway... people simply wont be able to afford the rego's and they will take the gamble. How many 50cc scooters have you seen pulled over?

The way i see it i am already paying the shortfall in my income tax (and i pay a reasonable amount of tax).

So I've got 2 vehicles, one is a bike over 601cc one is a car, i pay acc + tax on the petrol used and in 5 years (late learning driver) with over 300,000 km so far i seriously don't want to know how much $$ in rego's, medical and full insurance.

I have claimed zilch on ACC....

Quasievil
15th October 2009, 10:56
I think Action is needed now to demonstrate we can..........we are organised..........and were pissed.

protest now

We can not pay for rego right now as its not in effect, if it comes into effect then yes brilliant lets do it, but for now we need a protest on mass

Murray
15th October 2009, 10:58
Guy Fawkes is coming up.. uummmhhh idea me thinks!!!

MisterE
15th October 2009, 11:28
My protest suggestion. Find out where your MP lives. Anyone arranging a group ride should change the meeting place to the street that they live in.

A continuous stream of bikes outside their house every weekend should help focus their attention.

ready4whatever
15th October 2009, 11:55
If they do change just dont pay for rego. cops are told to not chase them up now anyway (yeah right). and if you do get a fine just dont pay it, the boyracers get away with it. no law for crushing bikes, yet

mister.koz
15th October 2009, 12:02
I think Action is needed now to demonstrate we can..........we are organised..........and were pissed.

protest now

We can not pay for rego right now as its not in effect, if it comes into effect then yes brilliant lets do it, but for now we need a protest on mass

We just need to organise and start :)

Scouse
15th October 2009, 15:58
So who is interested in doing a protest ride all day up and down St Stephens Rd past keys house this Sunday the 18th October the plan is to meet up at the Mobil servo just past Broadway and just before Parnell rise at 5:30am we want as many bikes as possible to ride up and down St Stephens Rd all day from 06:00am all day long.

So Who's in?

Hiflyer
15th October 2009, 16:01
John Key's office is out west in auckland (I know the way, not the suburb) if anyones keen tomorrow!!!

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 12:40
consult the Waikato BIKOI thread:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110301

Quasi and I have already made contact :) he called me a sucker :crybaby:

MSTRS
18th October 2009, 12:43
Napier's MP offices are straight across the street from the copshop. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

wysper
19th October 2009, 13:22
My protest suggestion. Find out where your MP lives. Anyone arranging a group ride should change the meeting place to the street that they live in.

A continuous stream of bikes outside their house every weekend should help focus their attention.

So who is interested in doing a protest ride all day up and down St Stephens Rd past keys house this Sunday the 18th October the plan is to meet up at the Mobil servo just past Broadway and just before Parnell rise at 5:30am we want as many bikes as possible to ride up and down St Stephens Rd all day from 06:00am all day long.

So Who's in?

I understand the sentiments but pissing people off at this stage is counterproductive. Would just make the lawmakers think "fuck em, lets sting the bastards for all they have"

Protest, Ride to wellington. I am for parking in front of an mps office during business hours to show displeasure. Keep it legal. Keep it civil. Keep it in the news. The message should be, sure it is us now.. but it will probably be you next. Message intended for the average NZer, hunting, fishing, sport playing joe public.

sasfmj
19th October 2009, 13:29
sign the online petition everyone

the links is at the bottom right of the page !!

www.nothanks.co.nr

spread the word !! cant let these crazy acc levys happen !!

TerminalAddict
19th October 2009, 14:47
book OCt 31st

I have a lead on some local action; I will post when I have confirmation etc

shrub
19th October 2009, 16:15

protest now

Check out www.bikersagainstacc.org.nz