PDA

View Full Version : Youtube and ACC

bmz2
14th October 2009, 22:27
Protest rides and other events will help. But media need to hear the rider stories about their claims and the way they have been handled ,this will have a great voice ,and with a large number of hits it will get the media attention , it will have individuals people telling their story , and there must be thousand of them . so I'll will be posting mine up.
Just a little story . 6th of Feb 2009 . laid the bike down resulting in a commutated break to the wrist . Acc looked after the claim for 90 days and i was told i was fit for work. A plan to get me back to work was done and written up .
Thats where it ended. Letter came from ACC and it said you are fit for work . This week i went back to the doctor since i have only 5%
movement in my wrist due to plates and other hardware, a 60% muscle loss to the upper arm . Just been told it may take 18 months to come right if it ever will .Rang ACC and re lodged the claim , they want to know why they should reopen the case. EXPLAINED IT IS NOT JUST A 90 DAY RECOVERY AS THEIR MANUAL STATES. they now need to investigated the claim. No payment will be coming for the time it takes to complete the claim. they may not even open the claim .I pay ACC , i am entitled to good care, the job i do is in a heavy related industry and they have now put me at risk. but being self employed who cares.

Bike rego up to over 500 dollars to cover the cost of the short fall in ACC, and blaming the biker is a easy way out , and as stated above they return you to work as quick as they can, ready or not .i want my full cover for 500+ dollars not reduction in care and increase in levies.
So use the media that is available, and get downloading on youtube and just maybe the media will pick it up and run with it.

Creeping Death
15th October 2009, 02:50
Ummm sorry...I could only manage to read the title...said something like 'fuck ACC?'...I'm tired...it is almost 4am....

motorbyclist
15th October 2009, 03:45
I don't see how that helps our case at all.... it is says to me is that regardless of how I break my wrist I should strongly consider private health care and therefore private insurance....

we need to prove that this cost is either unreasonable or unfair if not both - shit service is assured either way ;)

Ummm sorry...I could only manage to read the title...said something like 'fuck ACC?'...I'm tired...it is almost 4am....

man up! there's plenty of dodgy arguments left to be read!

motorbyclist
15th October 2009, 03:50
My ONLY bike ACC story:

Hurt my forearm in a motox race, went in on monday to check it was ok as riding the roadbike to school was agony when pulling the clutch.

Three hours later I have an Xray image of healthy bone and a sling with instructions to HTFU and not use my arm for a few days....

That one trip probably cost two year's worth of rego fees.

I later lost the sling when the rear wheel of a go-kart grabbed it - whilst driving a gokart three days later:innocent:

Mystic13
15th October 2009, 05:52
I kind of think if you want to change this you will need;

- a reasoned argument.
- strong rider support and ACTION in writing and physically.
- motorcycle clubs need to communicate and co-ordinate
- the next several months will tell us if riders are as apathetic as the rest of NZ.

The process seems to me to be;

- get the ACC stats.
- check them.
- see if any of there facts can be argued.
- if yes then protest in writing and physically to the minister and ACC. I wonder how many visits the minister will entertain from different clubs hearing a similar story.
- if no then protest may be on the basis of;
- motorcycle riders owning more than one bike but only riding one.**
- motorcycle riders also owning a car.**
- determining the sources of ACC revenue.
- It seems many sports people would drive cars.

**They allege doing this to be fairer and in both of these cases that collection is unfairly targeting an individual.

All motorcycle clubs need to make submissions so it would be good to co-ordinate and share information.

What may be missing from the stats is many riders ride in the weekend ride as a hobby or sport and if these are included that is unfairly targeting a leisure activity/sport.

The poster original story is I'm happy with the fee I just want really good long term care if i'm paying it?