PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a protest ride?

danchop
15th October 2009, 07:25
rather than just ride slow en masse,meet up near a motorway onramp and siphon the majority of fuel out of our bikes then head en masse onto the motorway,lots of stopped out of fuel motorcyclists on the motorway would surely cause absolute chaos,with no chance of recieving fines(i think)

Nasty
15th October 2009, 07:26
rather than just ride slow en masse,meet up near a motorway onramp and siphon the majority of fuel out of our bikes then head en masse onto the motorway,lots of stopped out of fuel motorcyclists on the motorway would surely cause absolute chaos,with no chance of recieving fines(i think)

Running out of gas on the motorway does ensure a fine ... doing it on purpose will gaurantee it!

Bald Eagle
15th October 2009, 07:27

Auckland Motorway unit will give you a ticket for Careless use if you run out of petrol on the harbour bridge and would almost certainly do it on the general motorway if there where a lot of bikes.

ckai
15th October 2009, 07:29
Sorry dude, out of fuel on the motorway is a $200 fine ("Careless use of a motor vehicle").

It's the thought that counts though :)

EDIT: Bet me to it.

ready4whatever
15th October 2009, 07:32
Make Mr Smith bend over and anally insert the script of the 'We're screwed - ACC levie' thread

danchop
15th October 2009, 07:38
it was in the herald in august that police want to get a by-law for fining motorists for running out of gas on the motorway but this hasnt been passed yet

dpex
15th October 2009, 07:48

Now your thinking! It is not yet an offence to run out of gas on the motorway.

As I have mentioned in a much earlier thread (ages ago) twenty or so bikers could bring any major city's traffic to a standstill, every day for months, and do so quite legally.

Pissed off folk in Europe never hesitate to mount such protests, so why don't we all get active?

The other thing is, I can see a huge underground business opportunity coming up.

A counterfeit rego, even if printed on a basic colour copier, would be virtually impossible to identify. Same goes for warrant stickers. Scan in your latest rego and warrant, then just alter the dates and print!

C'mon Black Power and Mongrel Men! Put aside drugs and get into this all-new money-making scheme.

ready4whatever
15th October 2009, 07:54
A counterfeit rego, even if printed on a basic colour copier, would be virtually impossible to identify. Same goes for warrant stickers. Scan in your latest rego and warrant, then just alter the dates and print!

I'll do it? I've recently made 1000 dollars worth of 50 dollar notes. they pass for being real to the people iv tested them with. surely that must be harder than a wof and rego plate

funky monkey
15th October 2009, 08:07

The coppers computers will tell them your rego is expired. Technology is here :doh:

Laxi
15th October 2009, 08:14
how is targeting cagers going to help our cause? you think the polliticians are really gonna care if the rabble have to sit in there cars in trafficjams? if anything we're gonna need public support if we have any chance of beating this, so any protest has to hurt the right people, in this case make sure the bastards know they wont be getting a large chunk of the vote next ellection, thats the only thing they care about!

danchop
15th October 2009, 08:18
how is targeting cagers going to help our cause? you think the polliticians are really gonna care if the rabble have to sit in there cars in trafficjams? if anything we're gonna need public support if we have any chance of beating this, so any protest has to hurt the right people, in this case make sure the bastards know they wont be getting a large chunk of the vote next ellection, thats the only thing they care about!
crap! protests should affect everyone including the innocent and stopping a main arterial route would hit the govt in thier pocket straight away

Laxi
15th October 2009, 08:20
your a dickhead and that kind of thinking is why we're screwed

101bob
15th October 2009, 08:30
Just a go slow up and down the motorway then push our bikes down queen st ?

bogan
15th October 2009, 08:35

I agree, pissing of cagers isnt a good idea, snarling up all streets around government buildings should generate the same publicity, and only piss off the politicians, if they still bother turning up to work that is

danchop
15th October 2009, 08:46
oh well go hold and wave your pansy banners around parliment,theyll be used to it.

Gubb
15th October 2009, 09:23
crap! protests should affect everyone including the innocent and stopping a main arterial route would hit the govt in thier pocket straight away

Wrong. The way to change things is to make the general public understand our plight. Pissing them off by stopping on the Motorway will just make them hate us more.

Look at what the Truckies did. They planned it ahead, let the oublic know, and had the general support before they did it, which is why it was a success.

Pissing people off is only gonna lead to more problems.

danchop
15th October 2009, 09:27
a success?it didnt achieve the lowering of thier costs at all

jetboy
15th October 2009, 12:51
why not do what the trucks did? get a massive convoy of bikers in each city/town to jam up the system.

i for one think a mass protest ride is in order

Hispid
15th October 2009, 12:56
+1 for the above idea. I'm in.

meowmix
15th October 2009, 13:13
Wrong. The way to change things is to make the general public understand our plight. Pissing them off by stopping on the Motorway will just make them hate us more.

Look at what the Truckies did. They planned it ahead, let the oublic know, and had the general support before they did it, which is why it was a success.

Pissing people off is only gonna lead to more problems.

+1. A well planned, considerate but effective protest is the way to go.

dpex
15th October 2009, 16:37
The coppers computers will tell them your rego is expired. Technology is here :doh:

Two things here.

First a reasonably good counterfeit warrant and rego will pass visual examination, so that deals with council staff. Second. So the cop comes back with 'You ain't registered.'

You reply, 'Yes I am. See? There's the rego sticker which I got my flatmate to buy when he registered his vehicle. Saved me the trip.'

The next step could be only a court hearing for a) having a counterfeit rego or a) no rego. No court could prove you bought the rego knowingly.

Furthermore, at regular traffic stops the cops check the various stickers and licence, but I have yet to have any of them go check on the radio. They seem to do that only if they pull you up for something.

dpex
15th October 2009, 16:39
Running out of gas on the motorway does ensure a fine ... doing it on purpose will gaurantee it!

Sorry. You're wrong. The cops are trying to get Parliament to pass a law to this effect but at the moment it is not an offence.

Ender EnZed
15th October 2009, 16:42
Cops don't even need to pull you over to check on their computer. I don't know how long it takes them but if its reasonably quick then I imagine it will become common practice to check the number plate of every bike they see since so many will be unregistered.

Nasty
15th October 2009, 16:47
Sorry. You're wrong. The cops are trying to get Parliament to pass a law to this effect but at the moment it is not an offence.

As stated below ... I am not wrong ... it is not in law as its own ... its covered under other parts of the law. But go ahead and try it.

Mom
15th October 2009, 16:48

Honest to God you are a dick, you really are. You think that plod when they stop you will simply look at the stickers and let you move on? They might at a random stop, but I promise you, they wont if they ping you being naughty. Everything is on computer these days, get stopped for speeding with homemade counterfeit stickers and I reckon you are going to go for a double row of shitcans :yes:

Put the rego on hold, keep your WOF uptodate ( I have ignored the fact you espouse counterfeiting that basic safety check) and take your chances. $200 for not displaying, no charge for holding rego. Dont come to attention and well, what can I say.

danchop
15th October 2009, 17:10
As stated below ... I am not wrong ... it is not in law as its own ... its covered under other parts of the law. But go ahead and try it.
you are wrong,no ticket for anything atm,cant be done for careless use for running out of gas either,why do you think theyre trying to get it made ticketable if theres no way at present they can

danchop
15th October 2009, 17:12
and riding slowly to the point of holding up traffic will get you ticketed,i was in the truck protest and the cops threatened action if it moved too slow

koba
15th October 2009, 17:13

I Totally agree with this.

koba
15th October 2009, 17:15
Two things here.

First a reasonably good counterfeit warrant and rego will pass visual examination, so that deals with council staff. Second. So the cop comes back with 'You ain't registered.'

You reply, 'Yes I am. See? There's the rego sticker which I got my flatmate to buy when he registered his vehicle. Saved me the trip.'

The next step could be only a court hearing for a) having a counterfeit rego or a) no rego. No court could prove you bought the rego knowingly.

Furthermore, at regular traffic stops the cops check the various stickers and licence, but I have yet to have any of them go check on the radio. They seem to do that only if they pull you up for something.

They make the person paying for it sign for a reason...

danchop
15th October 2009, 17:19
[QUOTE=koba;1129459681]I Totally agree with this.[/QUOTE
the average car user who doesnt have bikes hates us anyway so why try to grease up to them

Laxi
15th October 2009, 17:23
i for one think a mass protest ride is in order

+1 for the above idea. I'm in.
+1 for that, if aimed in the right direction

go try that bud! let us know how ya get on? :niceone:

Laxi
15th October 2009, 17:27
[QUOTE=koba;1129459681]I Totally agree with this.[/QUOTE
the average car user who doesnt have bikes hates us anyway so why try to grease up to them

if you act like a dick to them they'll do the same to you, in the last year ive had 2 trucks shut me down when splitting, ive had hundreds of cars move over for me, and the only way we'd have any chance of fighting this is with more support when the rest of the country realises they're next

Hawk
15th October 2009, 17:38
I agree, pissing of cagers isnt a good idea, snarling up all streets around government buildings should generate the same publicity, and only piss off the politicians, if they still bother turning up to work that is

yep we want cagers on our side not angry about a biker protests

danchop
15th October 2009, 17:41
+1 for that, if aimed in the right direction

go try that bud! let us know how ya get on? :niceone:
read this laxi

Fines for running out of petrol on motorway mulled
Last updated 07:35 25/08/2009SharePrint Text Size 52 commentsRelevant offers
Motorists who run out of fuel on Auckland's motorways could be fined.

Police have asked the New Zealand Transport Agency to investigate the possibility of fines as they attend an increasing number of stranded vehicles, blocking lanes and endangering other motorists, the New Zealand Herald reported.

In three weeks in July last year, 148 vehicles ran out of fuel on Auckland's motorways.

Inspector Dave Walker, of the harbour bridge and motorways unit, said police attended thousands of stoppages on motorways and some were because drivers ran out of fuel.

Stranded cars on stretches of road where there were no stopping shoulders meant other people were at risk.

"We are on call 24 hours a day, we will attend these incidents and if we can prove a person was driving on an empty tank, they will face a heavy penalty."

Police wanted a law similar to the one that fined people $250 for walking on a city motorway.

The transport agency said it was seeking views on the feasibility of a bylaw, which would make it an offence to run out of fuel anywhere on the 72.7km network.

However, no decision would be made without considering the opinions of local authorities, emergency services, trucking organisations and the Automobile Association.

North Shore Mayor Andrew Williams said it would be "another pointless bureaucratic exercise and another thing for the police to enforce".

Manukau City councillor Colleen Brown said a bylaw would hit those who struggled with the cost of running a car and Rodney District deputy mayor John Kirikiri described the idea as "money-grabbing by the authorities".

danchop
15th October 2009, 17:58
the only country i know of that overturns govt legeslation through protest is france because they cause mayhem and upset everyone in thier wake,so ill leave you to your civilized,play it safe rides and just save my gas

15th October 2009, 18:04
Make Mr Smith bend over and anally insert the script of the 'We're screwed - ACC levie' thread

He does have a slight resemblance to a NAZI. Mind you so does the rest of the government officials.