PDA

View Full Version : TVNZ Breakfast read my letter!

StoneY
15th October 2009, 10:20
KBers and all who care- Paul and Pippa read my letter live on air this morning
Pasted below

Thanks TVNZ, and especcially Pippa who told Paul Henry to read it as it was 'very interesting'

Hi Paul and Pippa

I am a law abiding tax paying hard working Kiwi, I happen to own 2 high powered motorbikes

I have never made an ACC claim in relation to motorcycles in 25 years of riding

Why should I pay this levy TWICE when I can only ride one bike at a time?
I now face over 2,000 a year in rego fee’s as of next July

I can live with paying a higher risk policy amount to ACC but paying it PER VEHICLE I own as an individual is sheer criminal
Where is the fee’s paid by Rugby, Netball, Soccer players, who I see crowding the A&E every weekend?

Offroad motorcyclists, 4 wheel farm bike riders actually are the LARGEST statistic in Bike Crash records, and they are not even a ROAD using BIKE!!!!

With the Police being ordered to ‘not chase’ minor offenses, I can see thousands of otherwise law abiding Kiwi’s ditching registration fee’s altogether, and running from the Police instead of paying the fine!

This is just highway robbery, Motorcyclists as a rule are responsible, tax paying law abiding members of our society.

Top it off ACC’s deficit is NOT from ‘PAYOUTs’…it’s from the fact that the Funds they invest in, took a minor hit (compared to the rest of the investment world) and the way the rates are CALCULATED was changed, creating a short term fall in return!

To target a largely innocent minority of our society to pay for other peoples injuries with the blasé excuse of ‘you get hurt worst in accidents’ is a cop out, and the statistics quoted as justification do not add up

ACC stated on the news last night they paid out 36 million in motorcycle related claims and only took 12.5 in levys from motorcyclists. That figure has been DISTORTED and we can prove it easily with LTSA stats from the LTSA website
The actual number of bikes and mopeds registered last year add up to 22 Million in levy’s collected, (just the levy portion not the rego) where did the other ten million go? To bloody sports sponsorship maybe?

Another case of high paid officials twisting stats to suit their cause, and that cause is to force NZ’ers to go private insurance and it’s a bloody crime against us motorcyclists

I call on any sensible Kiwi to protest this ridiculous hike

Brent from Wainui

325rocket
15th October 2009, 10:31
nice letter, well done mate

Genie
15th October 2009, 10:33
awesome letter....

NighthawkNZ
15th October 2009, 10:37
ACC stated on the news last night they paid out 36 million in motorcycle related claims and only took 12.5 in levys from motorcyclists. That figure has been DISTORTED and we can prove it easily with LTSA stats from the LTSA website
The actual number of bikes and mopeds registered last year add up to 22 Million in levy’s collected, (just the levy portion not the rego) where did the other ten million go? To bloody sports sponsorship maybe?

You have to remember as well that can't track how much fuel motorcyclists use and pay ACC, nor via PAYE which all comes in as cover of ACC for no matter what you do... including riding a motorcycle

Kiwi Graham
15th October 2009, 10:38
Brilliant, well done. Was there any discussion following it being read out?

Ragingrob
15th October 2009, 10:40
Very very nice... Good work!!! This stuff is already getting noticed by many!

MSTRS
15th October 2009, 10:49
Excellent letter, covering some major anomolies (lies). We need more like that, in places of maximum exposure.
Stuff along the lines of "Today it's motorcyclists. Tomorrow it WILL be soccer mums etc"

DarkLord
15th October 2009, 11:04
Champion letter. Well done StoneY.

Trudes
15th October 2009, 11:11
Nice work! :niceone:

ready4whatever
15th October 2009, 11:16
Fantastic letter. Good its been on air nationally

Rodney007
15th October 2009, 11:19
nice, very well written!

Owl
15th October 2009, 11:20
Excellent!:niceone:

Ronin
15th October 2009, 11:20
Awesome letter

EgliHonda
15th October 2009, 11:22
Well done, well written and may get message across to the tea-drinkers out there who tut-tut every time they see a bike...

Ice_Monsta
15th October 2009, 11:23
Heard bits of this being read out this morning - very good points raised. Hopefully they gather some attention.

elle-f
15th October 2009, 11:23
Nice One!......

Hiflyer
15th October 2009, 11:27
I like how you have effectivley made points without making sweeping generalisations and getting over the top angry at every little thing, more controlled and focussed letters like these are needed to get our point across.

Good on ya!

klyong82
15th October 2009, 11:28
Nice letter.... keep it up.

Laxi
15th October 2009, 11:38
I like how you have effectivley made points without making sweeping generalisations and getting over the top angry at every little thing, more controlled and focussed letters like these are needed to get our point across.

Good on ya!

+1
well worded stoneY!
if theres 1 thing we need more than anything at the moment its public support, and for that non motorcyclists need to realise, let the polliticians get away with this, and their next!

nico
15th October 2009, 11:39
was there any feed back from the t.v presenters?? callers etc this is madness

Shorty_925
15th October 2009, 12:07
Offroad motorcyclists, 4 wheel farm bike riders actually are the LARGEST statistic in Bike Crash records, and they are not even a ROAD using BIKE!!!!

[/B]

Off-road would be classed under a sport since its not on the road for the stats of ACC. ATV's on the farm would be work place accidents, and also under ATV in the sports stats as well.

ckai
15th October 2009, 12:08
was there any feed back from the t.v presenters?? callers etc this is madness
+1

Did anyone mention anything? Paul seems to be good and throwing in his opinion.

StoneY
15th October 2009, 12:11
Off-road would be classed under a sport since its not on the road for the stats of ACC. ATV's on the farm would be work place accidents, and also under ATV in the sports stats as well.

Wrong.

I asked my ex colleaugue who works at STATISTICs and as far as the reporting goes, any motorcycle injury is classed AS a motorcycle injury, regardless of where and when with NO breakdown

High_Voltage
15th October 2009, 12:21
Good on ya mate.
I certainly hope the wankers from parliment listen.

Shorty_925
15th October 2009, 12:26
Wrong.

I asked my ex colleaugue who works at STATISTICs and as far as the reporting goes, any motorcycle injury is classed AS a motorcycle injury, regardless of where and when with NO breakdown

saw in another thread which had a link to ACC stats on sports, invovling motorcycling, and atv that seperate.

As for the atv farm stats I assume it would/should go there as it is a workplace.

NJ83
15th October 2009, 12:39
Fantastic letter, :2thumbsup

marine0089
15th October 2009, 12:43
Nice one dude. Very well said.

StoneY
15th October 2009, 12:45
saw in another thread which had a link to ACC stats on sports, invovling motorcycling, and atv that seperate.

As for the atv farm stats I assume it would/should go there as it is a workplace.

It possibly does, but when they (Stats, the reports ACC presented on TV were from STATS NZ not internal) run a search query on 'motorcycle injuries' it brings up ALL of them, offroad, farm, road (4 wheelers at that which AINT a bloody bike) all get compiled dude.
WORD

Insanity_rules
15th October 2009, 12:47
That letter was brilliant Brent. Good way to put our point across.

Hispid
15th October 2009, 13:07
Very well written. Keep it up.:clap:

StoneY
15th October 2009, 13:38
That letter was brilliant Brent. Good way to put our point across.

I just used my skill set Mark- dribbling to customers to settle arguments...turned it round and played the Customer LOL

Chur bro

I have asked Paul Henry in a private e-mail (thanks mr Producer) to champion our cause, he has classic cars and is likely sympathetic somewhat

can only hope, politico's are quite scared of wee Paul

Shorty_925
15th October 2009, 13:43
I just used my skill set Mark- dribbling to customers to settle arguments...turned it round and played the Customer LOL

Chur bro

I have asked Paul Henry in a private e-mail (thanks mr Producer) to champion our cause, he has classic cars and is likely sympathetic somewhat

Prehaps should follow up with Rod Cheeseman, he's another media type thats into bikes.

Maha
15th October 2009, 13:46

Chur bro

He read out a 'short and too the point' email this morning which said something like ''its the cars fault not us bikers, they just say sorry I didnt see you'' (eluding to crashes)...Henry stated '' best sell ya bike and buy a car then''.

But what knob would send an email saying something like that?

EYNON13
15th October 2009, 13:52
Chur bro

can only hope, politico's are quite scared of wee Paul[/QUOTE]

very smart doing that as paul is a good voice for bikers and he likes makeing polititions qwiver with fear when bringing up points they dont want to addres :2thumbsup

Coldrider
15th October 2009, 14:18

can only hope, politico's are quite scared of wee PaulIf PH reads the PH crossed the line KB poll he will classify us with his respect for road maggots.

Quasi
15th October 2009, 15:21
Excellant letter Brent. Good on ya!

Motu
15th October 2009, 15:57
Don't show your ignorance to the whole country by talking about LTSA,you need to refer to NZTA, New Zealand Transport Agency (Waka Kotahi) now.Also don't alienate your brother off road and scooter motorcyclists - you might just need their support....or don't you want numbers on your side?

martybabe
15th October 2009, 16:07
Well done stoney mate, superb effort.

I notice also that on the programme that followed it, another very good letter lambasting the ACC ,from a motorcycling member of staff, (I think), was read out and discussed fairly favourably from our perspective. :headbang:

Owl
15th October 2009, 16:19
He read out a 'short and too the point' email this morning which said something like ''its the cars fault not us bikers, they just say sorry I didnt see you'' (eluding to crashes)...Henry stated '' best sell ya bike and buy a car then''.

But what knob would send an email saying something like that?

It gets repeated often enough on KB, so I'm not surprised it came out on Breakfast. I nearly cried when I heard it though!:doh:

DarkLord
15th October 2009, 16:23
The more evidence we can give that we are not stupid, brain dead nongs who are only interested in killing ourselves, the better. Letters like this are good for showing that people on bikes actually have brains.

Mekk
15th October 2009, 17:39
Why is it not included as a clip on TVNZ's site, specifically the feedback one:

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/breakfast-thursday-october-15-3073762/video?vid=3075455

A whole lot of waffling, including "car's fault" guy, but not yours.

Perhaps it was TOO POWERFUL!

StoneY
15th October 2009, 19:49
Don't show your ignorance to the whole country by talking about LTSA,you need to refer to NZTA, New Zealand Transport Agency (Waka Kotahi) now.Also don't alienate your brother off road and scooter motorcyclists - you might just need their support....or don't you want numbers on your side?

Now dont misread me man, no offense to our offroad brothers, ive sucked my share of 2smoke and dust in my day too

Im PISSED that their stats have been added to the so called justification to hit our road charges so hard.....
I hope you see thats my aim, not to shit on farmers or dirt riders
Oath mate

StoneY
16th October 2009, 07:23
If PH reads the PH crossed the line KB poll he will classify us with his respect for road maggots.

Quick admins, delete that one fast :lol:

I had a reply...watch this space

Pixie
16th October 2009, 09:05

Chur bro

Mark Sainbury is also a Norton buff and Richard Driver and Andrew Shaw (TV producers) are bikers

Tony
16th October 2009, 10:34
Great letter!

Well done and thanks mate.

Waxxa
16th October 2009, 12:15
Yes well done Stoney. More constructive publications like this one is what is required to fight this.

derfel
16th October 2009, 12:39
Nice one! Covered a lot of the points that pisses me off.

ajturbo
16th October 2009, 12:52
who's brent?
piper?
paul?

2wheeldrifter
16th October 2009, 13:02
who's brent?
piper?
paul?

Type of plane I think... a piper brent paul or piper paul brent?? :dodge:

To get on Close up or Campbell live would be the trick! :2thumbsup

StoneY
16th October 2009, 13:23
who's brent?

You were screaming my name loud enough last week bro...forgotten that night?

:lol:

Ms Piggy
17th October 2009, 07:42
Nicely worded sir!

Damon
17th October 2009, 08:56

This may be a bit of a bad move, he's an idiot at the best of times and we all love laughing at him making a dick of himself (greenpeace woman with a mo hahaha) do we want him making a dick of himself while representing us?

PrincessBandit
17th October 2009, 15:29
Great letter. Rational, well thought out letters and communication is vital.
Excellent that you were successful in getting it read out on national tv!