PDA

View Full Version : Coordinated action

weenick
15th October 2009, 10:24
Guys and Girls,

The politicians obviously believe they are dealing with a bunch of people who can be easily manipulated and they are well honed at this sort of thing.

There is no way any of us can fight this ACC Levy stupidity as a single action.

We must avoid separating the Motorcycle community into groups which should pay more than the other groups because that's just the sort of thing that will play into the hands of the politicians.

The approach must be a coordinated Industry/Consumer/Motor cycle community wide coordinated effort.

This Levy has the potential to devastate the Motor Cycle Industry and will affect us all so we, must stick together and arrange a series of national meetings with all concerned parties present.

WE CANNOT GO AT THIS THING LIKE A BUNCH OF COWBOYS!

We need to set up a series of action committees under one umbrella.

Each of these committees will need to be focused on one area and coordinated by a central unit.

My suggestions are:

1. Get the Industry players involved - Honda, Harley Davidson, Yamaha etc..
2. Get the biker groups involved - Motorcycle clubs etc...
3. Meet to discuss a course of action.
4. Keep calm and focused - stupidity will alienate the rest of the nation.
5. Set up separate focus groups for Information sharing, Communication, Legal issues and rights, Petitions, LEGAL Direct action protests (There are ways of jamming up motorways and embarrassing politicians, while still obeying the law).

A further word of warning - Keep in mind that militant protest groups attract the attention of the law enforcers and they can expect to be infiltrated, by officers who are simply doing their job, to uphold the law.

So every step must be legal and we must do nothing to endanger the public.

Let’s get together and deal to this issue as a coordinated group

Weenick

Quasievil
15th October 2009, 10:31
This is where it gets unstuck.............we have no leadership..........yes we could wait for the Bronz to have a committee meeting But I believe a quick decisive statement should be made.....NOW
I think that if in each town we have a KB member heading some simple protest action in a co-ordinated i.e Tuesday next week protest at the same time in every place it would be effective, Involver Media
I suggest outside the office of the National party MP in your area.
Keep it simple I say

James Deuce
15th October 2009, 11:15
Already done.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2964906/Bikers-to-fight-big-fee-hike

James Deuce
15th October 2009, 12:36
Stuff just dropped that link off their RSS feed.

This may suggest that we are getting rather more sympathy than expected and presenting rational arguments against increases in a levy for a no fault insurance system that shouldn't have singled motorcyclists out in the first instance.

Ixion
15th October 2009, 13:30
Yep. Lots of "not right' comments from non motorcyclists.

lazyhannah
15th October 2009, 13:52
I know how to clog up the motorways.
Just have a learners group ride.

kunoichi
15th October 2009, 13:52
I agree, co-ordinated action should b taking place right now. I think we'r all on the same page and i know that atleast Mt eden Motorcycles is backing the same thing. I have no doubt other dealers will also join along with the cause. If a protest is organized, i do think everyone should try get their work to support aswell, thus allowing us to wear their logo during the protest. Everyone from burgerjoints through to lawyer firms, the more the local businesses show support the better we'll b heard. Work with the public people!

Big Dave
15th October 2009, 14:05
I believe that BRONZ should be the hub. There are processes already in place.

I just got off the phone with the Hon. Rick Barker. He's on board, still rides a Rocket III and will do his best to attend the BRONZ meeting on Wednesday night.

He asked me if I knew of a lawyer with an interest and any statisticians who can lend a hand. Please PM me and I'll pass it on.

He's writing a press release now and told me he wants a big ride to Wellington organised.

If we stick with BRONZ as the means of communication we can get it in and on KIWIRIDER automatically and we have the support of Paul at BRM and Shane at Trader in communicating these matters too.

Beaks and number crunchers now welcome.

howdamnhard
15th October 2009, 14:09
Yes this is what we need. Just show me where to vote.

kunoichi
15th October 2009, 14:10
a slow ride down to wellington is a great idea!
bikers from all the towns from auckland to wellington can do a slow down to meet up with us half way, so it's all the roads clogged up. Just as summer is comming along too. The cagers need warning though. I'm in!!

Thani-B
16th October 2009, 07:33
This is where it gets unstuck.............we have no leadership..........yes we could wait for the Bronz to have a committee meeting But I believe a quick decisive statement should be made.....NOW
I think that if in each town we have a KB member heading some simple protest action in a co-ordinated i.e Tuesday next week protest at the same time in every place it would be effective, Involver Media
I suggest outside the office of the National party MP in your area.
Keep it simple I say

I think thats right. I think we need bikers with influence to step up in each of the major cities. Those who are able to get riders to work together and protest all at the same time to make it effective. So we choose a date, and all bikers swarm to their closest city that is in the list of places to protest. That way each of the cities gets clogged, all around the country, all at the same time. And do it more than once, if necessary. We've got less than a month before submissions close, wouldnt it be best to get on to it, before too much time passes and we dont end up doing anything.

Some of us wont be able to ride to Wellington, as much as I would like to join in the action, I dont think my bike could handle a trip to Welly in the state it is in now, if I stick closer to home it means I can actually get back if it decides to die, and not have to travel for hours to get the bike back.

I could possibly pillion however...

Quasievil
16th October 2009, 09:15
Im in for a ride to welly most definately, but sheeesh not a slow one crikey me arse would be dead, and thats even before I get arse raped by the politicians

scissorhands
16th October 2009, 09:18
Industry leaders like bike shops need to rally their troops to the ready, and be made available to the core leadership.

As long as we do something TOGETHER ALL AT ONCE preferably more than once.
Could be fun too!

We can learn from the truckies here

Skyryder
16th October 2009, 09:24
All good but the most effective short term protest is an email to your local Nat MP or to John Keys Office saying that due to Nick Smith, the National Party has just lost your vote. No need for a long rant just a short email that unless the levy's are reduced to an acceptable level there is one less vote that they can count on.

Nothing makes a politician sit up than to see their future in doubt. Will this work? Who knows but what is their to lose.

Skyryder

DidJit
16th October 2009, 09:25
I'm also in favour of co-ordinated protests in every city at the same time. The media will love it — live reporting from several locations simultaneously.

Skyryder
16th October 2009, 09:31
Im in for a ride to welly most definately, but sheeesh not a slow one crikey me arse would be dead, and thats even before I get arse raped by the politicians

Don't mind a wee jaunt up too Parliment myself but Oldrider suggested a 'fuckup' with the World Cup. Thousands of bikes blocking the venue to the final. Not an entirely silly idea if no one is prepared to listen.

Skyryder

nudedaytona
16th October 2009, 09:40
People have been bitching and moaning for two days, yet I have not seen anything on the calender page for organising events. How about whoever is organising these protest rides to put them on the calender so we all know when and where, the full details.

16th October 2009, 09:44
Its starting, check this out. Ulysys getting involved too.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2969213/Bikers-protest-fees-hike