PDA

View Full Version : Insurance, whats that?!

Geemsee
15th October 2009, 12:33
Being (fairly) new to the country I was frankly amazed that road users don't even have to have third party insurance over here!

Surely, if this was made law then ACC could fill their coffers in this way instead of getting bikers to cover for all the sh*te drivers over here?!:mad:

(Apologies if this has already been suggested a million times before!!)

Jantar
15th October 2009, 12:42
ACC is the equivilent of 3rd party that many other countries have.

Here 3rd party is property damage only.

PirateJafa
15th October 2009, 12:43
Unfortunately with the drink-driving etc problems that are already inherent in NZ, too many car-drivers would be refused third-party insurance due to multiple DICs etc.

So if such a law was passed, making third party insurance compulsory, then they would just continue to drive around without it. Making the law, unfortunately, as worthess as the paper it would be written on.

Insanity_rules
15th October 2009, 12:50
Unfortunately with the drink-driving etc problems that are already inherent in NZ, too many car-drivers would be refused third-party insurance due to multiple DICs etc.

So if such a law was passed, making third party insurance compulsory, then they would just continue to drive around without it. Making the law, unfortunately, as worthess as the paper it would be written on.

Very true. But wouldn't it be great to get the recidivist cock drivers off the road, wouldn't happen though.

Geemsee
16th October 2009, 12:16
ACC is the equivilent of 3rd party that many other countries have.

Here 3rd party is property damage only.

So ACC will pay for my bike to be repaired??! :cool:COOL!

Don't think so! So its not really the same thing is it?

StoneY
16th October 2009, 12:24

Jantar was referring to the many countries who refer to 3rd party as injury liability cover

semantics, and as your new to NZ I did expect that misunderstanding...it has been made in 5 other threads on this topic as well

ACC is personal injury cover with a NO FAULT bias- unique in NZ and available nowhere else in the world...another thing the wankers in the national govt want to strip us of

Geemsee
16th October 2009, 15:14
It must be like Manchester is a place in England whereas its something you dry your butt with over here!?!

I think my confusion is that in the UK '3rd party cover' is insurance you have to cover a 3rd party if you cause an accident. I believe it covers both vehicles and personal injury to that person(s). Often insurance companies will sell an additonal policy to cover the legal costs of pursuing the 'guilty' party.

Anyway, i'm tired after all this thinking so i'm going for a lie down!:zzzz:

Pixie
16th October 2009, 17:21

You should have realised by now,many NZers don't know their arse from a hole in the ground