PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Right!!

leebee
15th October 2009, 16:39
Take a leaf out of Australia's book. Include Third Party cover to all vehicle registration. Cost is then shared, govt gets the revenue they need to cover the mounting costs of all the people roughting the system.

Laxi
15th October 2009, 16:43
still dosn't cover non registered vehicles does it? that's why they have private health insurance in Aus as well, but yeah , most countries have compulsary 3rd party, and I support it, just not as a solution to ACC

kwaka_crasher
15th October 2009, 17:59
WTF are you on about?

richiewendt
15th October 2009, 20:28
I agree. Had an accident early on this year, caused by someone on their restricted. Put me in hospital for 9 days. He had no insurance, so I have to wait for things to go though the courts, which most people will know, takes yonks and reparations when they come, come via a slow 20$ a week drip feed. The thing that gets me is they are more often than not punishing bikers for what drivers are doing. Fair enough if you ride like an idiot, but I wasn't. So I am without a bike, paying higher rego fees, and all because some 19 year old moron didn't look where he was going. They need to make it the responsibility of those that cause the accident to pay for everything, including reparations and medical bills, the only realistic way being through third party insurance. Politicians are incompetent, therefore nothing will happen unfortunately.
Luckily I had medical insurance who (after my lawyer sister wrote a few angry letters) paid out $100 per day that I was in hospital which paid for a car *sigh*.

pete376403
15th October 2009, 21:22
Third party used to be a component of NZ registration up to the early '70s. You would nominate, from a list on the registration form, which insurance co you wanted.
Probably dropped about the time ACC was introduced.