PDA

View Full Version : ACC - your plan

froggyfrenchman
15th October 2009, 20:42
I know... another acc thread.

There is obviously some strong opinions on this one.
My question is "What do you plan to do now?"
Are you going to pay?
If not - are you going to continue riding on the road?
Has this pushed anyone over the point they can afford to own a bike and now need to sell up?
This is a serious question, so please dont fill this thread with threats of firearms and large explosions.
If any mods feel this is not worth being here or that the subject is more than covered in other areas, feel free to remove this thread.

StoneY
15th October 2009, 20:45
I am seriously considering making my 1100 a track/race bike

But otherwise, no can still afford to own at least ONE...but two is gonna hurt if this goes through

Headbanger
15th October 2009, 20:47
Never been over fussed on the paper work side of things, I have no intention of paying.

Reckless
15th October 2009, 20:52
I'll be keeping my Classic on hold and taking the risk unrego'ed for the odd ride or swapping plates!
Regular bike (when I get another one) will go on hold over winter if I ride during that time I'll take the risk again!
They'll still only get the $4-500 P/A outa me, unless I get caught? NA actually if I get caught the fines go to the cops so ACC'll still miss out!!

McJim
I'm looking into the possibility of one of the following:

Cagiva Mito 125
Cagiva Raptor 125
Aprilia RS125

Then the payments will only go up about $5.00 per year

Gwinch
Buy an Aprilia RS125 or Yamaha YZF125 to commute on and keep it legal. My other bike however... well, I'm sure most people will be able to figure out what I'll do (and more importantly not do) with that. :whistle:

dogsnbikes
15th October 2009, 20:55
Normaly I would have 3 bikes wof/regd but due to medical downgrade have two on hold and one still live.but have kept wof's upto date just incase someone wanted to borrow a bike

but will keep at least one alive if all goes through but may down size the number of bikes I have in total to say maybe 3

avgas
15th October 2009, 20:57
Not paying.
Going to forge the rego - so that way the cops don't have to bother me at check points.
Will carry my receipt for southern cross if I get asked about paying acc.
Bike will be "off the road" according to acc/ltsa.

Hans
15th October 2009, 21:01
Bikes run on petrol, not paper. Not paying. Fucking catch me.

meowmix
15th October 2009, 21:01
Not paying.
Going to forge the rego - so that way the cops don't have to bother me at check points.
Will carry my receipt for southern cross if I get asked about paying acc.
Bike will be "off the road" according to acc/ltsa.
I surely *won't* be doing something similar to this for any legal authorities that may be present..
But for those that aren't legal authorities...

Papa Bear
15th October 2009, 21:08
if/when this goes ahead....there is no way in hell we will be able to afford the $1500 + per year just so we can have a hobby we can both do together. Have been looking around for a bike for me, but that idea is well and truly over now. We will fork out that stupid amount of money so my wife can keep her bike.ACC have managed to keep me off the road on a bike, but the wankers are not taking my wifes bike.

Headbanger
15th October 2009, 21:08
legal authorities can go suck some black cock.

At the end of the day those fuckers, and their bosses work for us, Fuck em all, Its bullshit that they can do what the fuck they like and we just have to bend over and take it like a crack whore. And this is just one of a thousand bullshit stunts.

The worm turns mother fuckers.

Slingshot
15th October 2009, 21:09
I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm convinced that the ground swell of public opinion will be enough to convince the government not to increase the fee by this amount.

monkeymcbean
15th October 2009, 21:14
Yes i will most likely pay, as i only have one bike, I might cancel my health insurance as they are a bunch of crooks anyway and had to fight tooth and nail to get a operation payed for. So this pushes me to make a decision and a saving somewhere.
It would be nice to have another bike, but this strong hand from government will stop me spending money wistfully here.

By the looks of things, ACC will miss out, as those people with three or so bikes which would normally rego all three won't so, thats money they will not get. Im not sure if this is going to work out well for them like they thought really.

If I ever have to claim, sounds like the paperwork is so loose you could say you fell out of a car and got gravel rash.....spread these accident statistics round.

riffer
15th October 2009, 21:20
Rego will probably go on hold.

I'll probably end up buying an old dunger car to go to and from work.

and something inside me will die a little...

I had plans to purchase another bike in the next year.

Ain't happening at all now. I wonder how many others have made that same decision in the last 24 hours.

I'd like to think that Slingshot is correct though.

Hans
15th October 2009, 21:27
Rego will probably go on hold.

I'll probably end up buying an old dunger car to go to and from work.

and something inside me will die a little...

I had plans to purchase another bike in the next year.

Ain't happening at all now. I wonder how many others have made that same decision in the last 24 hours.

I'd like to think that Slingshot is correct though.

Don't let the fuckers beat you and your dreams down. Just ignore the cunts. Stupid legislation is there to be ignored.

Bend-it
15th October 2009, 21:30
When's the protest?? When's the protest?? When's the protest?? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

riffer
15th October 2009, 21:32
Don't let the fuckers beat you and your dreams down. Just ignore the cunts. Stupid legislation is there to be ignored.

I'd really like to Hans. If it does go through though.. we've done the sums - and we can't afford for me to continue using the bike.

With four kids (and paying child support for two of them as well as looking after them just a little bit less than 40% of the time but don't get me started on that one), on one income, and with a wife that wants to study next year, the sums just don't add up.

I'm not getting rid of the bikes. I just can't rego them any more. So I'll have to be very careful about how often I ride them. And as I need to commute 80 kms every day the likelihood of being caught is pretty damn high.

colsan1
15th October 2009, 21:34
I'm not saying suck it up but to all the cocks who are beating their chests
and saying they aint gonna pay, WTF you gonna do when you take a spill?
go running cap in hand to ACC for your wedge of everybody else's money.?
how does that make you any different from all the other sponging twats out
there who sit on their lazy fat arses all day claiming benefits while the rest of
us work, pay our taxes and pay for their P habbits?
To all those who already dont pay rego its partly your fault you dick heads
that this shit has happened. I hope every one gets caught and the courts nail
you.
Your not part of the solution you are THE problem.

The ONLY way to beat this is for EVERYONE to not pay and organise mass protests.
But that will never happen cos the chest beaters and rego dodgers are full of shit and
will be too scared to turn up on an unrego'd bike knowing full well all the police have to do
is take a gentle stroll and issue tickets to everyone who turns up.
This aint meant to flame its just the truth

This is how you change a goverments plans for unfare taxation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVok-8zJMKE

peasea
15th October 2009, 21:42

At the end of the day those fuckers, and their bosses work for us, Fuck em all, Its bullshit that they can do what the fuck they like and we just have to bend over and take it like a crack whore. And this is just one of a thousand bullshit stunts.

Hey man, I like your thinking.

Seen what those fuckers at ACC earn? Seen their new office? Pack of arseholes. Yet; they have the audacity to up our levies by shitloads in a time when reducing your carbon footprint should be getting smaller. Get the Greens onside I reckon, then at least you can get stoned while you're trying to decipher what ACC is up to. That'd help, wouldn't it?

Seriously, I'm gonna go for the 'on-hold' recipe and take a punt on not getting caught. I frequently ride in big groups anyway so the chances of a ping are slim. It's only 200 anyway, but wait for an increase in that fine.......

SMOKEU
15th October 2009, 21:43
I was thinking about doing something involving firearms and large explosions. Oh wait, serious answers only?

Headbanger
15th October 2009, 21:45

If Im hurt I'll go to the hospital, They will fix me up, Thats their role, they will fucking do it.

If I need compensation then ACC will pay, That's their role, Its a no fault system, they just seem to have forgotten it. And I will be counted alongside every other taxpayer in NZ who gets compensation without haveing to pay an extra tax to ACC.

peasea
15th October 2009, 21:48
how does that make you any different from all the other sponging twats out
there who sit on their lazy fat arses all day claiming benefits while the rest of
us work, pay our taxes and pay for their P habbits?
To all those who already dont pay rego its partly your fault you dick heads
that this shit has happened. I hope every one gets caught and the courts nail
you.
Your not part of the solution you are THE problem.

The ONLY way to beat this is for EVERYONE to not pay and organise mass protests.
But that will never happen cos the chest beaters and rego dodgers are full of shit and
will be too scared to turn up on an unrego'd bike knowing full well all the police have to do

There is much truth in what you say and especially about the cops. They will divide and conquer.

I'm happy to be part of mass protests and I'll take the time to cross the water and front up at the Beehive. I know what you're saying about 'chest beaters' and I DO get all hot under the collar about shit like this but I write submissions, attend rallies and go to see MP's. I don't think I've managed to get much changed but nobody can accuse ME of sitting on my hands.

Date for Beehive appearance? I'm there.

peasea
15th October 2009, 21:49
I was thinking about doing something involving firearms and large explosions. Oh wait, serious answers only?

Here's me thinking Nov 7th, you're thinking Nov 5th, right?

peasea
15th October 2009, 21:50
If Im hurt I'll go to the hospital, They will fix me up, Thats their role, they will fucking do it.

If I need compensation then ACC will pay, That's their role, Its a no fault system, they just seem to have forgotten it. And I will be counted alongside every other taxpayer in NZ who gets compensation without haveing to pay an extra tax to ACC.

That's it dude, it's another tax system.
We already pay for a hospital.........

froggyfrenchman
15th October 2009, 21:56
It's only 200 anyway, but wait for an increase in that fine.......

Clearly that will be the next thing to happen. If rego goes up as planned and the fine stayed the same, you would have to be caught 4 times a year to come out worse off than rego payers.
If you own more than one bike - its a very attractive option.
I have always got at least 4 bikes on the road at a time, thats $3120 rego a year. Thats over 15 no rego tickets - Whats the chances of being caught every 23 days?

peasea
15th October 2009, 22:00
Clearly that will be the next thing to happen. If rego goes up as planned and the fine stayed the same, you would have to be caught 4 times a year to come out worse off than rego payers.
If you own more than one bike - its a very attractive option.
I have always got at least 4 bikes on the road at a time, thats $3120 rego a year. Thats over 15 no rego tickets - Whats the chances of being caught every 23 days?

Pretty fuckin' slim mate, go for it I say.

Hey; I really don't mind paying some sort of insurance but to tax each vehicle when you can only operate one at a time is a rort, plain and simple. That's what gets my blood boiling and I'm clearly not alone.

Ride on.

Rodney007
15th October 2009, 22:06
whats all this who-har about.

acc is only in effect if your injured? you all hurt?

pzkpfw
15th October 2009, 22:44
I'll go to the protest rides, I'll send in a submission, but in the end I'll probably just end up coughing up what they end up asking for. I'm not the type to say "I just won't rego the bike".

(Unless there is a huge and obvious united ground swell of riders all not paying for their reg.)

Luckily for me I own just one bike (and two cars between me & the Wife). God help those who have more (like 6 or 8!).

I might end up just rego-ing 6 months, and park the bike up over the worst of winter (so they'll get less money out of me than they planned).

(Or start "sport commuting" on it - to get the most km and fun for my ACC fee...)

The Stranger
15th October 2009, 22:52
Buy an Aprilia RS125 or Yamaha YZF125 to commute on and keep it legal. My other bike however... well, I'm sure most people will be able to figure out what I'll do (and more importantly not do) with that. :whistle:

I'm going to have the Fazer de-stroked to 125cc.
Well at least that's what I'll tell them.

Laxi
15th October 2009, 22:56
i'm keeping my 250 for a while till I see how work is going back in queensland, then its either piss of over there or upgrade to the 636 I want and ride unregistered, a couple of tickets for that will still be cheaper than a years rego

kevin-chow
16th October 2009, 10:16
Wonder if the bike dealers are doing anything about this. If this goes through, surely it’s not good for there business. As for myself bike will be on hold and if need to ride, just have to take the risk.

Monstaman
16th October 2009, 10:24
Having three bikes I may register one and transfer the plates around so my DR650 will become a Ducati Hypertard as will the MHe.

Other than that I won't register any of them so fuck them I will take a punt to make a point, rack up 30 grands worth like boy racers, go to court and have them quashed.

Abuse the system for the way they set it up, we honest ones just get nailed.

avgas
16th October 2009, 10:32
I surely *won't* be doing something similar to this for any legal authorities that may be present..
But for those that aren't legal authorities...
The police will be none the wiser at checkpoints, when they pull you over. As they have no need to check if it looks legit.
However if you ride with and expired license - they will drag all information out of the dusty file and will have to prosecute you to the full extend of the law.
Its a whole lot easier for a cop to say "he looked to have a legitimate rego" rather than "I felt sorry for him so I let the expired rego rider off with a warning"

avgas
16th October 2009, 10:40

Not if they are none the wiser.......cops are lazy, they wont radio back to base checking all plates if they 'think' the bikes are rego'd

DMCD
16th October 2009, 10:43
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but i can garentee you i wont involve giving up riding.

Also I'm keen to get involved in any protests ect...

pixalated
16th October 2009, 10:51
i think what will start happening is the cops are going to know HEAPS of people are not going to buy regestration, so they will start pulling bikes over left right and center for "routine checks" and/or hike the fine up as well.

but then i also wonder if they would really care because it wont be helping ACC at all anyway?

DMCD
16th October 2009, 10:57
i think what will start happening is the cops are going to know HEAPS of people are not going to buy regestration, so they will start pulling bikes over left right and center for "routine checks" and/or hike the fine up as well.

but then i also wonder if they would really care because it wont be helping ACC at all anyway?

It may not be worth it if you own one bike in that case but if you have more than one then I would take the fines with a smile :clap:

Eng_dave
16th October 2009, 11:09
whats all this who-har about.

acc is only in effect if your injured? you all hurt?

You ever pay rego because then you have already paid for ACC.

maxf
16th October 2009, 11:35
By the looks of things, ACC will miss out, as those people with three or so bikes which would normally rego all three won't so, thats money they will not get. Im not sure if this is going to work out well for them like they thought really.

That's the thing - I think we'll find these levies are adaptive, eg less regos out there - remaining in pool go up again, to "cover" the "legacy exposure".

My plan:
- email (already pinged Smith, Key, Brownlee, Joyce) :mad:

- try to support a fight on the statistics being glibly spat around - and they don;t even agree within ACC's own documents.

- protest rides wherever, whenever

- consider dropping 2 pistons from the 1100 to get a 550

- consider going 6mths on/6mths "off" (and taking any penalties as appropriate, maybe re-starting the "on" earlier if the heat comes on) :buggerd:

- consider converting the 1100 to electric anyway (earlier than when the engine karked it per original plan) & seeing if that drops me to moped ratings again... How do you CC rate an electric motor??! :(

But still suspect we're just an income pool - probably the first of many, although others out there don't realise yet!! - and the costs will only go up when they get away with this first stage...

tomtyer-drake
16th October 2009, 12:05
just imported it and need plates... but seriously this is a joke...

if they wanted to do an 'acc per rider' thing and then make the actual reg about $50 it would make some sence, but this is just cash grabbing.

Reckless
16th October 2009, 12:08
just imported it and need plates... but seriously this is a joke...

if they wanted to do an 'acc per rider' thing and then make the actual reg about $50 it would make some sence, but this is just cash grabbing.

LOL!! you got it mate make sure they write 599cc on the papers and hopefully you'll be in the lower price bracket!!

meowmix
16th October 2009, 12:24
- consider converting the 1100 to electric anyway (earlier than when the engine karked it per original plan) & seeing if that drops me to moped ratings again... How do you CC rate an electric motor??! :(

Jusyt goes by watts:
If the power output is more than 600 watts, the vehicle is a motor vehicle.

In terms of vehicle type, a low-powered vehicle such as an electric or petrol-powered scooter whose power output is:

* between 0 and 600 watts is currently classified as a moped (but this may change by means of declarations in the future)
* more than 600 watts is classified as a moped
* more than 2000 watts is classified as a motorcycle.
pulled from here (http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/importing/notice-low-powered-vehicles.html)

DangerMice
16th October 2009, 12:38
Hell I should upgrade from the 50cc Jog to a YZF-R125 or something. Gonna cost me the same in rego anyway.

rebyl
16th October 2009, 13:27
If the Govt wants money, they ask the Statistics Dept to come up with some figures to prove they need to increase our costs...you can get Statistics to say anything if you are clever enough.
Your boys tell you you need say a $250 increase so you anounce to the public that the increase is going to be $700....The shit hits the fan....everyone writes to the MP's...there are riots in the streets and marches on Parliment....So they relent from the $700 increase and say they will only put it up $250....everyone goes home happy....we won we won...everyone will say and the cunning pricks in Wellington will still get what they originally wanted......simple eh!!!!

MDR2
16th October 2009, 15:35

erm, the acute funding that would pay for your mangled bones to be fixed up comes from ACC. ACC allocate X amount of money to DHB's for that very reason.

Me.. i'll keep the 250 Hornet and when im ready to upgrade maybe a 900 hornet wreck engine will accidentally fall into the frame of the 250.

now...just need to find a bike mechanic to befriend so that he looks the other way when it comes to wof time

vgcspares
16th October 2009, 15:55
maybe I'll just buy a Mito 125 and shoehorn in a 1050 - the cops are mostly to pig-igorant to notice so I'll just have to put the little one back on to get a WOF occasionally

it's a good plan which will deliver a massive power to weight ratio though maybe suffering the slight concern that it may be a little under-sprung

surfchick
16th October 2009, 16:02
I don't see how they can justify the over 1k per bike when you can only ride one at once - maybe a rider reg not a bike reg...

That is sooo high it really isn't fair on 'enthusiasts' that run lots of bikes...:buggerd:

meeeh soo exhuasting for a fri avo...

surfchick
16th October 2009, 16:04
I think we doooo need a protest... come on AK...

DMCD
16th October 2009, 16:33
I think we doooo need a protest... come on AK...

I'm keen, but i seem to have skipped the hippy era being 24 and all, so if someone who knows how a protest goes can get it up and running just give me the date and location. :2thumbsup

McJim
16th October 2009, 16:40
I might wander into Bill English's gaff (electoral office) and Eric Roy's gaff on my Ducati at some point. I can be a protest all by myself:2thumbsup

banjo3006
16th October 2009, 19:34
I don't see how they can justify the over 1k per bike when you can only ride one at once - maybe a rider reg not a bike reg...

That is sooo high it really isn't fair on 'enthusiasts' that run lots of bikes...:buggerd:

meeeh soo exhuasting for a fri avo...

+1 This makes much more sense for the people with more than one bike. You register each bike individually with the licensing and admin fees and pay a separate ACC fee that applies to the rider as a one off fee because you can only ride one at a time, its no more dangerous owning 10 bikes than one unless you do try and ride more than one a time :headbang:
Makes too much sens for politicians though :Oi:

davereid
17th October 2009, 08:21
The most expensive ACC accounts as pointed out in other threads are cyclists, pedestrians and sportsmen.

So as far as I am concerned, once I have paid one rego, I have covered my ACC transport insurance moral obligations.

I will register my bike for the three months of summer, and just take the risk the rest of the year.

firefighter
17th October 2009, 08:35
I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm convinced that the ground swell of public opinion will be enough to convince the government not to increase the fee by this amount.

Piss take?

Remember the anti smacking bill?

Headbanger
17th October 2009, 10:12
erm, the acute funding that would pay for your mangled bones to be fixed up comes from ACC. ACC allocate X amount of money to DHB's for that very reason.

Glad you almost got my point....:rolleyes:

MDR2
17th October 2009, 13:44
Glad you almost got my point....:rolleyes:
Heh, yeah, It's just i thought you were siding on the ' i just won't pay but i still expect compensation when i get fucked up' mentality.

Conquiztador
17th October 2009, 17:04
Re #1: Nothing will change. I still ride.

sport-cruzer?
17th October 2009, 22:58
I allready pay rego on 2 cars and my wifes 250 Hornet, 2 weeks ago I brought a vx800 to save money cos I'll be commuting to uni next year. (and I always wanted one) If I had known what Mr Smith was planning I would have brought something under the mythical 601cc or saved my money alltogether and just used the hornet. I sure haven't got $1800 to blow on regos every year.
I will end up paying what I have to but don't expect me not to bitch about it!

We all need to make some noise on this one guys and girls or where will it end?

sport-cruzer?
17th October 2009, 23:10
When's the protest?? When's the protest?? When's the protest?? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Jump on the ferry and come to Nelson on sunday 25th, Nick Smith is getting a visit from a few hundred unhappy bikers, I'll post details tomorow when I know exact details.

peasea
18th October 2009, 08:53
Jump on the ferry and come to Nelson on sunday 25th, Nick Smith is getting a visit from a few hundred unhappy bikers, I'll post details tomorow when I know exact details.

Richmond A&P Showgrounds, 10.30am.

(Trust Nelsonians to lead the charge.)

Headbanger
18th October 2009, 09:16
Heh, yeah, It's just i thought you were siding on the ' i just won't pay but i still expect compensation when i get fucked up' mentality.

ah, That was exactly what I was going for.:2thumbsup

peasea
18th October 2009, 09:27

EEK! All the info I have says SATURDAY the 24th!!

Pixie
18th October 2009, 09:28

At least a crack whore gets some crack

mrchips
18th October 2009, 10:08
I was toying with 3 month bike rego (jan - march) & put the rest on hold but i know my riding ability (or lack of) would be so rusty i would be a danger to myself & other road users.

I pay car, bike & trailer rego, we are a one income household & no pay rise this year + everything else going up.... i will be lucky if i can maintain the > $500/yr car rego. Simply put i wont be able to afford the bike.

I have had my time to mourn but it's been a privalege for the CHIPS household to ride.

At least i still have 6 months rego left so I guess i'll just have to ride her hard !!!!! , after that ..... she won't be worth anything so i'll just use her for lawn mower parts !

No hard fealings from the CHIPS household, peace out.

bonecracker
18th October 2009, 10:35
I work in a gym which runs acc return to work scheme,most if not all bike injured cleints are motocross or trail bikers hardly any road bikes is acc lumping them all together in there satistics?.

sport-cruzer?
21st October 2009, 21:19
EEK! All the info I have says SATURDAY the 24th!!

Sorry, You're right, My bad!

peasea
22nd October 2009, 05:43
Sorry, You're right, My bad!

That's ok, we all make mistakes; I rode at over 100kph once. What a road menace!