PDA

View Full Version : BUSTED!!!

pyrocam
16th April 2005, 17:44
Waaaaa

I just now (5mins ago) got pulled over for the first time.

88k in a 50k zone
$400 fine
50 Demerit points.

"would you believe I was drying the paint?"

I overtook a plaincar cop hah! :brick:

But he was quite friendly, :Police: didnt bust me for no L plate on (although I did have one in my back pack 'to put on when I got home' and an expired rego (20 days)

WAAAAA 50 DEPERIT POINTS!!!!

Storm
16th April 2005, 17:46
Bugger and just for the extra characters, bugger

pyrocam
16th April 2005, 17:57
but on the upside. my bike looked cool when it did it.

Ive neary finished the paint job and just need to do the tank.

pictures coming soon, hmm time for
:apint: :apint: :apint: :apint: :apint: :apint: :apint:

Two Smoker
16th April 2005, 18:03
Consider yourself FARKEN lucky!!! You know its bad to speed in residential...

pyrocam
16th April 2005, 18:08
Consider yourself FARKEN lucky!!! You know its bad to speed in residential...

well. remember I am a noob although I hate to admit it.
Ive only been riding since jan 15th

:lol: didnt your sig use to be

fast
really fast
and something else

*edit
Did demerits always be a year? or have they always been 2 years?
and I cant pay it for 35 days. am I gonna get shat on for that?

sAsLEX
16th April 2005, 18:54
2 years for demerits, and you get two months to pay before its judge time

Two Smoker
16th April 2005, 18:57
well. remember I am a noob although I hate to admit it.
Ive only been riding since jan 15th

:lol: didnt your sig use to be

fast
really fast
and something else

*edit
Did demerits always be a year? or have they always been 2 years?
and I cant pay it for 35 days. am I gonna get shat on for that?

Im a NOOB too, ive only been riding since December 2003...

yes that was my sig, and im not going to bullshit you, ive done some crazy speeds on the road (including seeing the high side of 260kmh on the speedo a few times) On the open road i ride very quickly... but in residential i keep my speed right down, higher risk of crashing etc, and i would fell pretty gutted to hit a little kid coming out of a driveway...

Demerits last 2 years, you have 28 days to pay, then you get a letter saying you have another 28 days to pay... so you will be sweet...

sedge
16th April 2005, 18:58
Um, sorry to let you know this... on an L plate and if the computer is doing its job they will also get you for breaking the conditions of your learner license, another $400, six months on to your restricted time and MORE demerits (can't remeber how many)

2 years for the points... :(

Historically I thought you got a reminder notice 28 days after the ticket and then another 28 days to pay... Is it still like this ?

Sedge.

Two Smoker
16th April 2005, 19:03
Um, sorry to let you know this... on an L plate and if the computer is doing its job they will also get you for breaking the conditions of your learner license, another $400, six months on to your restricted time and MORE demerits (can't remeber how many)

Sedge.
No you will only get the fine if it is issued by the Police officer at the time, OR is followed up by the Police officer at a later date...

The Penalties are: $400, 25 Demerits and thats it... No extra time is added to your restricted time though...

jazbug5
16th April 2005, 19:06
Rilly?

I got done for speeding on SH1 (*adjusted* to 85 by a very kind ossifer), but haven't heard anything about extra fine/points yet. In fact, when I went into infringements to pay, they couldn't even find my 'bad' on the system. Told me to come back when/if I got a letter...
So, if this failsafe 'puter is going to do me for infringing the conditions of my L plate, why wouldn't the cop have mentioned it... I haven't heard anything yet either... eeeeek.

flyin
16th April 2005, 19:12

Sedge.

Gutttd abou the ticket m8!!

if he didn't ticket you then and there they can't add to the charges as they wish!! consider yourself lucky he didn't throw the book at you but the police too know the dangers of riding with an L plate!! its just scary!! i never wear mine and the times i have been stopped it was never mentioned....... warnings for careless maybe..........

oh and if you do get the ticket for "breeching learner license conditions" -2 charges, over 70 km and the L plate..... looking at $1200......... but it does not add to how long you have to wait for restricted..... unless the CBTA guys are really harsh, you could still sit it after 4 months on L's

pyrocam
16th April 2005, 19:24
No you will only get the fine if it is issued by the Police officer at the time, OR is followed up by the Police officer at a later date...

The Penalties are: $400, 25 Demerits and thats it... No extra time is added to your restricted time though...

oh thank god.
another 25 points would be too much to handle.

I have got some pics of my bike v.shortly after I got pulled over now.
maybe the blue means Im more likely to get pulled over. damn should have left it purple.

I just did this today btw

Spud. can you like. I dunno. talk him out of it?
no I didnt think so

MD
16th April 2005, 19:32
Full credit all you people persevering to get a bike licence. Sounds like the whole world of bureaucracy is scheming to put you off riding a bike. Shame about the ticket - but it was residential so take it easy and wait until you can enjoy giving it full noise on open country roads.

John
16th April 2005, 21:57

2 years for the points... :(

Historically I thought you got a reminder notice 28 days after the ticket and then another 28 days to pay... Is it still like this ?

Sedge.
Nope he wont get in trouble for the L plates, I never have - had 2 or 3 tickets now ;)

Got a rego/warrent check and he didnt mind, I had trouble convincing him my bike was a 250 though :lol:

Anyway dont worry take your time paying back or do the 10$ payments :D it just pisses them off more lol.

Indiana_Jones
16th April 2005, 22:06
I've done some stupid speeding before, But a close few calls has slowed me down to 60kph........Come on, who does 50? :D

-Indy

Waylander
16th April 2005, 22:09
Only ever gotten one ticket on the bike. Stupid auckland chick cop.:angry2: Anyway might end up getting more later on and not looking forward to it.

StoneChucker
16th April 2005, 22:18
Im a NOOB too, ive only been riding since December 2003...

yes that was my sig, and im not going to bullshit you, ive done some crazy speeds on the road (including seeing the high side of 260kmh on the speedo a few times) On the open road i ride very quickly... but in residential i keep my speed right down, higher risk of crashing etc, and i would fell pretty gutted to hit a little kid coming out of a driveway...

Demerits last 2 years, you have 28 days to pay, then you get a letter saying you have another 28 days to pay... so you will be sweet...
hhahahahahahahaahahhaa :lol: :killingme :lol: :killingme
Oh shit, were you serious? :msn-wink:

R1, Palmy, need any more keywords :whistle: :shifty: :shifty:

Indiana, I try to stay at or under 9 km/h over the limit, so 59, or 109, etc....

sedge
17th April 2005, 11:01
OK... Sorry for scaring you... I guess no extra time :) and the computer wont work it out... I've got no idea :(

Sedge.

Two Smoker
17th April 2005, 11:13
oh and if you do get the ticket for "breeching learner license conditions" -2 charges, over 70 km and the L plate..... looking at $1200......... but it does not add to how long you have to wait for restricted..... unless the CBTA guys are really harsh, you could still sit it after 4 months on L's

Incorrect, It is only one fine, and that is if you are breeching hte conditions of your licence... therefore if you are doing over 70kmh, without an L-plate after 10pm then you still only get a $400 fine and 25 demerit points...

Two Smoker
17th April 2005, 11:14
hhahahahahahahaahahhaa :lol: :killingme :lol: :killingme
Oh shit, were you serious? :msn-wink:

R1, Palmy, need any more keywords :whistle: :shifty: :shifty:

Indiana, I try to stay at or under 9 km/h over the limit, so 59, or 109, etc....

AND... K5 600, Hunua straights.... some more key words....

Firefight
17th April 2005, 11:18
AND... K5 600, Hunua straights.... some more key words....

More key words
On the back of Firefights trailer.

F/F :whistle:

Ixion
17th April 2005, 11:52
Incorrect, It is only one fine, and that is if you are breeching hte conditions of your licence... therefore if you are doing over 70kmh, without an L-plate after 10pm then you still only get a $400 fine and 25 demerit points...

I think it is only one fine/demerits for any number of breaches, but if you are speeding they can do you separately for speeding and breach of conditions (but not I think if the only breach is the over 70, because they have already done you for that in the speeding charge)

So 100kph with L plate before 10pm is a 30kph over speeding ticket
70 kph without L plate, after 10pm , carrying a pillion is one breach of conditions ticket
Cmbination can be a speeding and a breach of .

I think, But IANAL. Or a cop. But you can only be charged once for anything. They can't do you for speeding and breach of conditons if the only condition breached is the speeding. Has to be one or other.

Pixie
17th April 2005, 12:31
2 years for demerits, and you get two months to pay before its judge time
It has been said before but I'll repeat it. If everybody took the infringement to court rather than bending over for the authorities and paying ,this revenue collection business would not be so lucrative for the government.Every cop would have to spend so much time in court there would be a major reduction of the bastards on the roads.The donut shops would go out of business.
The courts could not handle it.
It is your choice and your responsibility to fight back!

scumdog
17th April 2005, 12:43
It has been said before but I'll repeat it. If everybody took the infringement to court rather than bending over for the authorities and paying ,this revenue collection business would not be so lucrative for the government.Every cop would have to spend so much time in court there would be a major reduction of the bastards on the roads.The donut shops would go out of business.

Yeah like THAT'S going to happen dude, remember this IS New Zealanders you're talking about!!

Kickaha
17th April 2005, 13:44

So if you're dumb enough to break the law and get caught, rather than admitting you yourself cocked up and accept the blame and the consequences you then take it to court?

personal responsibility R.I.P :shake:

Jackrat
17th April 2005, 14:13

Even if your guilty as sin an know it right??
"Responsibility" has more to do with RIGHT than just being an arsehole for the sake of it.But then again, there would be more than one bastard off the road if you did do this,so maybe not such a bad idea in the case of some people.

inlinefour
17th April 2005, 17:45
Waaaaa

I just now (5mins ago) got pulled over for the first time.

88k in a 50k zone
$400 fine
50 Demerit points.

"would you believe I was drying the paint?"

I overtook a plaincar cop hah! :brick:

But he was quite friendly, :Police: didnt bust me for no L plate on (although I did have one in my back pack 'to put on when I got home' and an expired rego (20 days)

WAAAAA 50 DEPERIT POINTS!!!!

Sounds like a pretty good copper and you was breaking the law...

N4CR
17th April 2005, 17:48

Hopefully I can use that to get out of my 1.3k misery.... :msn-wink:
Best of luck pyrocam, fellow 'bustee' :drinknsin

pyrocam
17th April 2005, 21:05
Hopefully I can use that to get out of my 1.3k misery.... :msn-wink:
Best of luck pyrocam, fellow 'bustee' :drinknsin

Cheers one and all for your support, Its not the $$ that bothers me so much but the 50 demerit points. thats the huge issue here.\

But, I have this theory that when you start riding you have a 3 month 'buffer' period where you are invulnerable to the law.
I got mine the day after my three month period ended (IE on the 16th and I got my license jan 15th)

Crazy Steve
17th April 2005, 21:11
Get a faster bike...80ish is a joke!!!!

WINJA
17th April 2005, 21:15
HEY YOUR FINALLY OUT

Indiana_Jones
17th April 2005, 21:16
If I get a helmet with speakers hooked up to an MP3 player, God willing one day I will, And have "Danger zone" on..........I might get into trouble :D

-Indy

Waylander
17th April 2005, 21:16
Hey another Hamilton rider. Need to orginize a social meet so we can all meet or ride.

Crazy Steve
17th April 2005, 21:26
Yeah im out...Fcking long time for nothing!!

marty
17th April 2005, 21:32
More key words
On the back of Firefights trailer.

F/F :whistle:

and some people complain about a $1300 fine......seeshhhh.

soooo, how fast?

spudchucka
17th April 2005, 21:36
The really good thing about this strategy is that the courts will get really pissed off with all the time wasters and come down on them ultra heavy when they are inevitably found guilty.

Bren_chch
17th April 2005, 22:39
eww i got a 300 for doing 83 in a 50, so know how that feels! not sure about over taking the plain cop car though lol!

250learna
17th April 2005, 23:56
If I get a helmet with speakers hooked up to an MP3 player, God willing one day I will, And have "Danger zone" on..........I might get into trouble :D

-Indy

ya you mite get the urge to go riding down the landing strip at auckland airport as a jet takes off over the top of you... once youve done that... than you know your in trouble

Waylander
18th April 2005, 00:43
ya you mite get the urge to go riding down the landing strip at auckland airport as a jet takes off over the top of you... once youve done that... than you know your in trouble
It's been said already. Why do you think he wants to join the Airforce?

250learna
18th April 2005, 18:34
It's been said already. Why do you think he wants to join the Airforce?

have you seen top gun?

Jantar
18th April 2005, 18:45
The really good thing about this strategy is that the courts will get really pissed off with all the time wasters and come down on them ultra heavy when they are inevitably found guilty.

Actually Spud, I prefer to defend any tickets I get rather than attempt a ruuner. It has been my experience that most judges like the idea of a defended hearing (especially if there is a bit of humour) rather than the boring mundane cases they usually have to sit through.

I have had a slightly better than 50% success rate at getting off through this method.

Lou Girardin
18th April 2005, 21:05

It's not inevitable lately. At least not in front of Judges. JP's still believe cops when they say day is night.

Toast
18th April 2005, 22:23
Since we're on the subject of big tickets for dumb deeds...

Back in my learner days, 104km/h (and decelerating, apparently) on Quay st got me $830 of fine and instant licence confiscation...and ofcourse, 50 demerit points...

It was the part oppsite the Mobil by the way, not a moving car, pedestrian or parked car in sight...except for the cop car 280m away in the darkness that clocked me...bugger.

Can anyone top that?

saiko
18th April 2005, 22:42
... getting busted for something silly like 120k on the open road, when EVERYONE did it. The arsehole cop thought it was a big laugh, and said you bikers probably only get busted about 1 time in 10, so this is for the times you were speeding & didn't get caught. I laughed, and said I didn't give a shit about the fine for 120, as just before he busted me I had been doing just over 200kph :shake: . Be warned - don't try this at home. This dumb shit was in the '80's when I had lots of money & no brains. Now I have sod all money & even less brains.
Happy & safe riding.

gamgee
18th April 2005, 23:00
Sadly yes, 180kph in a 50kph zone, roadblock, court, reaming.
Now before I get flamed for going like a nut in a built-up area... it was 3am down Kaikora Valley in Dundein, well lit, wide clear roads, and I got busted between industrial & about 2 streets of residential. Didn't know had been clocked, saw the raodblock, & thought "wow, this is cool, what's going on here?". Until 2 big bastards came & pulled me off my bike.

jeez was that you, crazy mo fo, it was in the paper aye, i remember reading about it, i live just up from KV road, gotta agree, it is a nice flat, wide road, but 180 along there hell no!!! how long ago was that? shit losing track??

saiko
18th April 2005, 23:07
jeez was that you, crazy mo fo, it was in the paper aye, i remember reading about it, i live just up from KV road, gotta agree, it is a nice flat, wide road, but 180 along there hell no!!! how long ago was that? shit losing track??

(saiko cringes...). That was back in the Uni days.

gamgee
18th April 2005, 23:12
yeah i remember it vaguely had something in that little digest part on the front page about a high speed pursuit or something, how long ago did it happen, the one i'm talking about was maybe 5 years or so ago

gamgee
18th April 2005, 23:14
and now look what your riding, probably one of the quicker bikes in nz

saiko
18th April 2005, 23:15
No mate probably some other idiot.

Toast
18th April 2005, 23:17
Sadly yes, 180kph in a 50kph zone, roadblock, court, reaming.
Now before I get flamed for going like a nut in a built-up area... it was 3am down Kaikora Valley in Dundein, well lit, wide clear roads, and I got busted between industrial & about 2 streets of residential. Didn't know had been clocked, saw the raodblock, & thought "wow, this is cool, what's going on here?". Until 2 big bastards came & pulled me off my bike.

Another time coming in Wgtn late to catch the ferry sitting on just over 200kph. Tucked down behind the fairing, both radar detectors on & forward looking, just moving my head left & right enough to scan for police. Stopped for a red light just into Wellington, and heard sirens, then 2 police bikes pulled up, one either side, and got me off the bike. It appears that they had been waiting up a long on-ramp to the m/way miles back, & I had blitzed past, turning my head to look a little ways up the on-ramp, but not enough to see them.

Well anyway they said they had been following me for a while, and asked why I hadn't stopped. I answered truthfully that I hadn't seen them, in fact I hadn't looked in my mirrors for over 100k's as I thought it unlikely that someone would try & overtake me. and I was on the lookout far ahead.

They asked me how fast I thought of going, and I said look I'll be frank, it was over 100kph, maybe close to 120kph. No fooling these guys - one laughed & the other was mighty pissed off, they had been following me for about 60k's, going about 160 or 180 whatever it was, and I had left them for dead. At lights / heavy traffic & such they'd catch up to just see me, then lose sight again. Long story short, they held me up just long enough to miss the ferry, sniggered about the fact, and I couldn't really blame them for that, then over a couple of smokes negotiated a ticket speed enough to give me a good smack, but not enough to end up in court. From memory the largest ticket before you go to court, as they had no radar etc. Best comment from 1 cop was that I should have 1 radar forward facing, the other rear facing.

1 more... getting busted for something silly like 120k on the open road, when EVERYONE did it. The arsehole cop thought it was a big laugh, and said you bikers probably only get busted about 1 time in 10, so this is for the times you were speeding & didn't get caught. I laughed, and said I didn't give a shit about the fine for 120, as just before he busted me I had been doing just over 200kph :shake: . It was true too. Heh, heh. Be warned - don't try this at home. This dumb shit was in the '80's when I had lots of money & no brains. Now I have sod all money & even less brains.
Happy & safe riding.

Holy shit... :not: ...that's...nuts...bravo...but yeah, let's all learn from that one.

saiko
18th April 2005, 23:17
Yup it does bite.

gamgee
18th April 2005, 23:18
No mate probably some other idiot. I was living either at Green Island or Fairfield at the time, so that would put it around 1987. Just wish I'd had the Gixxer back then...

oh nah no way then, must have been someone else, lol i was only 2 years old then so doubt i was reading let alone remembering the shit the odt prints on a daily basis, i mean todays front page (took up like half the page) was a story about some mongrel dog that is mothering two kittens, i mean FFS is there nothing more important happening in the world right now?

saiko
18th April 2005, 23:22
Well, maybe, if say the new pope fathered two kittens...

GP on soon.

Stevo
18th April 2005, 23:35
Full credit all you people persevering to get a bike licence. Sounds like the whole world of bureaucracy is scheming to put you off riding a bike. Shame about the ticket - but it was residential so take it easy and wait until you can enjoy giving it full noise on open country roads.
Ya meant giving it full noise on the racetrack eh?
Even if it was your mistake I would feel bad if you ploughed into the back of my tractor trundling up the road and you doing warp speed into it. (It is very surprising how slow tractors and other ag machinery is travelling esp when you are travelling FAST) Plus I'd have to scrape up the pieces.
Time and place for everything right?