PDA

View Full Version : Should I write to Auckland mayoralty candidates?

Mully
16th October 2009, 07:55
Hey all,

Just a thought - as I will be breaking out the laptop tonight to start on my letters to everybody.

Do you think it's worth writing to John Banks and Len Brown (the two major contenders for the Auckland "Supercity" Mayor's job) to get their positions on the levy increase? See if we can make it an election issue.

Possibly Bob Harvey too - he can use his media attention whoring for the powers of good for once.

Banksy is a biker himself, and Miss Mully believes Browny is too - so something to the effect of:
"As a prospective Mayor of Greater Auckland, you are no doubt aware of the benefits of motorcycles and scooters in regard to congestion, pollution and freeing up parking spaces during the day for visitors (i.e. shoppers) and their place as part of a cohesive, efficient transport system. You will also be aware of the potential for the ACC Levy increase to drive people off two wheels and most likely back into cars, and the attendant problems this will create."

Any thoughts?

I'd like to include how many Class 6 licence holders currently live in Greater Auckland (any idea where I can get that info?) and does anyone know if they keep stats on how many bikes commute into the City daily?

TIA
Mully