PDA

View Full Version : The BIKEOI needs regional coordinators

Ixion
16th October 2009, 14:08
To gather the supporting bikers together, arrange the local BIKEOi etc.

Pretty obvious what needs doing, but they'll need to be thickskinned and diplomatic.

Volunteers step forward. Specify what areas you an cover.

Mrs Busa Pete
16th October 2009, 14:10

Pretty obvious what needs doing, but they'll need to be thickskinned and diplomatic.

Well i'm in Auckland and if you need a hand with anything just yell out.

sinfull
16th October 2009, 14:12
ONLY if i can bring my slingshot !!!

Jantar
16th October 2009, 15:13
I'm prepared to help with Central Otago. And I've already warned my boss that I may need to take 4 or 5 days off work at short notice.

yungatart
16th October 2009, 15:21
Putting my hand up to help in HB...

davereid
16th October 2009, 20:40
Horowhenua is in... in fact I might even register my 650 for once just for the occasion..

sinfull
16th October 2009, 22:26
Did you see Key on the news saying, awww crikey that Rodney hyde has some good ideas, yes we will think about opening ACC up to privatisation (competition) !
And you still think we can stop this by talking !!
How far is he up the Maori parties arse, awww wait, could it be that he gave in on the .... What was that he gave them not just a day or so ago ? Crikey He gave Maori TV the world cup !!!
Obvious he has Acts vote, where is he with the Maori party ?
Last nights parliment sitting was just a handshake come piss up !!
The legislation allowing them to change the ACC levies will pass !
I'm packing my slingshot !!!

I say once more Bulls, See ya's on the bridge on labour monday Arvo at 4pm !
Have ya banner saying " No to ACC Levy hikes, No to privatisation, or, Hello Americanisation !!!
T shirts and banners welcome !
I will see all you other Davids there, i'll bring My slingshot !!!

Bend-it
17th October 2009, 00:19
Maybe have Regional Bikeoi threads to coordinate rides...

Bikeoi - Auckland
Bikeoi - Hamilton
Bikeoi - Wellington
Bikeoi - Top 'o the North
Bikeoi - Canterbury
Bikeoi - Otage
Bikeoi - Southland

or something like that....

chanceyy
17th October 2009, 05:49
Horowhenua is in... in fact I might even register my 650 for once just for the occasion..

yell out if you need a hand, be quite a few in palmy that can help out as well, be good to get this off the ground :)

paulmac
17th October 2009, 06:19
Taranaki, let me know where and when

Dan Mapp
17th October 2009, 06:22
Im here for the Naki as well

TerminalAddict
17th October 2009, 06:35
I'm sure quasi can be our Hamilton "figure head"

I'll help out anyway I can

Nasty
17th October 2009, 07:06

Is this going to be co-ordinated with the other bike groups ... e.g. ulesys (sp) HOG clubs etc ... doing this may create a bigger impact and real punch!

StoneY
17th October 2009, 07:14
More than happy to help with the Wellington leg Ixion

As we have basically two highways in we could have 2 teams

One leave at a certain time at top of the Takas and ride at x speed to meet with the Paraparumu convoy, and into The Big House

I have enough buddies in the Tag Orama crowd down here to organise a good show, but think Welly needs 2 coordinators for the reasons written here (two convoys)

Labour Monday?????
Sinfull has a point there regarding date ;)

Bald Eagle
17th October 2009, 10:11

One leave at a certain time at top of the Takas and ride at x speed to meet with the Paraparumu convoy, and into The Big House

I have enough buddies in the Tag Orama crowd down here to organise a good show, but think Welly needs 2 coordinators for the reasons written here (two convoys)

Labour Monday?????

I'm definitely in from the Coast just need a date and time

Ixion
17th October 2009, 11:07
Is this going to be co-ordinated with the other bike groups ... e.g. ulesys (sp) HOG clubs etc ... doing this may create a bigger impact and real punch!

Where we can.

Ulysses are working on something, but they're talking about not doing it until January, which IMHO is far too late.

HOG can't do anything because their constitution forbids anything political. Go figure

As soon as I can I'll collate the coordinators (don't worry it won't hurt - much. Just a couple of wee snips ) and see what we can arrange as a structure . The regional coordination is going to be critical.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 13:52
As far as can figure (not sure if some people were volunteering or just commenting) we have

Raumati area Bald Eagle (could you handle as far away as Wanganui ?)
Stoney Wellington
Dan Mapp and PaulMac - Naki
Horowhenua (and P. Norf?) DaveReid
Hawke Bay - Yungatart (Can you extend to Gisbourne?)
Jantar Central Otago (As far souf as Dunedin?)
Auckland - Busa Pete

So we still need people for

Far Norf - surely the Hard Crew haven't gone soft cock
Roundabouta (aka Tauranga)
Taupo/Rotavegas/central
Christchurch
Nelson
West Coast
Right hand bottom bit of North Island, Masterton n so on

And, ideally at least one more for Wellington itself and Auckland, just cos they're biggish places.

If you were volunteering and I've left you off, please clarify

If you can help, nows the time to put your hand up

Katman
17th October 2009, 14:35
I am happy to put my hand up for the central North Island.

(If this line of action is what BRONZ decide is our best option).

Ixion
17th October 2009, 14:38
Not a matter of BEST options, but parallel options

Submissions
Political complaint
Public awareness.

All three.

All please remember: BIKEOI is AS WELL as putting in submissions, writing to your MP , and the newspapers. Not instead of.

StoneY
17th October 2009, 14:39
I am happy to put my hand up for the central North Island.

(If this line of action is what BRONZ decide is our best option).

Could wrap Wairarapa up into Welly region, Ill happily meet em all at the Taka hill top, and BE's team will rendezvous with us

:niceone:

Mully
17th October 2009, 14:40
I'm happy to 2IC in Auckland - (no idea what I'd be doing, so I'd rather be assisting someone who does know. Ideal Gopher material)

Katman
17th October 2009, 14:43
Not a matter of BEST options, but parallel options

Fair enough.

If BRONZ decide that this is one of our options.

(And yes, I'm sure that it will be one of the options decided on).

TerminalAddict
17th October 2009, 17:07
waikato !!! (Where's Quasi? .. ) or me I guess

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:10
waikato !!! (Where's Quasi? .. ) or me I guess

haven't heard anything from Quasi so you're elected. The Tron could handle two , if Quasi is a starter.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:11
I'm happy to 2IC in Auckland - (no idea what I'd be doing, so I'd rather be assisting someone who does know. Ideal Gopher material)

Done. Here's your shilling.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:12
Could wrap Wairarapa up into Welly region, Ill happily meet em all at the Taka hill top, and BE's team will rendezvous with us

:niceone:

can you liase directly with BE on that ?

Hopeful Bastard
17th October 2009, 19:54
Im going to the bank on monday to see if i could grab some kind of loan to get a bike..

So, If all going well, I would gladly be a helper to someone around the horowhenua/kapiti if one got set up there. All depending on whether i can actually get a bike.

nothingflash
17th October 2009, 20:17
Hey guys - I've missed soemthing... I get the jist of it but can someone tell me what BIKEOI means? I'm sure it's glaringly obvious.

StoneY
17th October 2009, 20:20
Hey guys - I've missed soemthing... I get the jist of it but can someone tell me what BIKEOI means? I'm sure it's glaringly obvious.

Remember the HIKOI where the nations representatives from some of the Iwi and Maori and all sorts of Kiwi's walked through NZ to Parliament?

We do it on bikes is all

:)

StoneY
17th October 2009, 20:21
Im going to the bank on monday to see if i could grab some kind of loan to get a bike..

So, If all going well, I would gladly be a helper to someone around the horowhenua/kapiti if one got set up there. All depending on whether i can actually get a bike.

PM Bald Eagle he is the Kapiti Bikoi organiser

nothingflash
17th October 2009, 20:26
Remember the HIKOI where the nations representatives from some of the Iwi and Maori and all sorts of Kiwi's walked through NZ to Parliament?

We do it on bikes is all

:)

Cheers StoneY

Bend-it
17th October 2009, 20:34
StoneY and/or BE> One of you should start a "Bikoi - Wellington" thread and talk specifics there...

While there's the big Bikoi whenever we decide on a date, we could have smaller regional rides or protests before then... which I'll fully be keen to help organise... Ideas like maybe:-

- Drive our cars in early, park in a row on Bowen St (coupon parking, $3 per day) with posters on the car windows to the effect of: I usually ride in and take up no carparks, but ACC levies will force me to drive in and take up a carpark, like today... In shorter, punchier words of course... and the target logo...

- Similar thing with bikes, and take 1 carpark per bike, sellotape or bungee-cord notes to bikes.

- Chilled out lunchtime ride down The Terrace, Lambton Quay, Molesworth St and Bowen St, into the parliament carpark and have lunch on the lawns, with helmets, gear, t-shirts and of course, media present...

We could do one a week, as build up until the Bikoi...

We should also get a small flyer written up, as to why the proposals are unjust, maybe A5 size to hand out at any event. Some well reasoned arguments on one side, and some stats on the other. No emotional ranting or name-calling... Just present a cool, calm case. I think there's enough on these threads to go on...

Ixion
17th October 2009, 20:44
BIKOI Wellington thread is up

We now have some confirmed coordinators

Wellington Bald Eagle and Stoney
Tron Carver and TerminalAddict
Naki Taff1954 , PaulMac, Dan Mapp
Horowhenua DaveReid
Hawke Bay Yungatart

Still need people for the South Island and far north. And the Tauranga area.

Bend-it
17th October 2009, 20:51
Cool, I'll jump on there and vent my spleen then... Good job Ixion!

Pedrostt500
17th October 2009, 21:14

Labour Monday?????

I as thinking we could do 3 teams for Welly, one coming down SH1, another Down SH2 cordinated merg at the Ngauranga, if timed well the two groups comming together will look good for the media, and a smaller group comming in from the eastern suburbs.

So the way I see it SH1 group ralley in Plimmerton, before heading on down to Welly, SH2 group ralley in Upper Hutt, before heading into Welly, a timed merging at the Ngauranga interchange, then turnig off into Aotea Quay, on to Waterloo Quay, onto Custom house Quay, onto Jervois Quay, up Kent Terrace, around the Basin Reserve picking up the Eastern suburbs group that have come through the Mt Victoria Tunnel, around the innercity bypass to Willis st down Willis st onto Lambton Quay, down Lambton Quay and turn up Molesworth St infront of Parliment, and ACC head office is just further up the Street accross from Thornden New World Supermarket.

An easier option is we ride through the Terrace Tunnel and then turn down Willis St, then on with the route above.

Pedrostt500
17th October 2009, 21:21
I would be keen to help any Wellington region Group. We may need to have a few meetings to figure out some of the logistics.

Bend-it
17th October 2009, 21:22
How would you coordinate meeting at the bottom of Ngauranga gorge? Traffic light timing and traffic is quite variable, and there's nowhere to stop and wait if you don't meet up...

StoneY
17th October 2009, 21:28
There is a LOT to be coordinated

Lets take a breath

On Monday i will liaise with Media sources and Police
Need a time frame but that can wait I spose a few days at least...notice its HAPPENING matters most

I have a mate who has a lot of experience organizing public rallies and he just agreed to help me on admin side
He is registering on forum and owns a zx9r

Ixion, any idea of a date yet?
I have a welly thread running and great advice specific to regional matters has started to flow

StoneY
17th October 2009, 21:31
I as thinking we could do 3 teams for Welly,

Your right I forgot the CBD south suburban bikers Sorry, obviously we aint all Hutt/Coast in the capital :Oops:

Pedrostt500
17th October 2009, 21:39
How would you coordinate meeting at the bottom of Ngauranga gorge? Traffic light timing and traffic is quite variable, and there's nowhere to stop and wait if you don't meet up...

The way I see it its two groups merging on the move, not stopping at all, it would take some co-ordination but if we get it right it would look good for the media cameras.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 21:49
OK.

Coordinators (and maybe some others) may need to discuss stuff that we don;t want snoopy people seeing (snoopy people from outside , I mean , not KBers)

So I've set up a BIKEOI social club, invitation only.

This isn't an eliteist thing, it's just that some things need to be talked about or communicated that we don't want the world to be aware of until we're ready .

Coordinators should have recieved invitations. Provided I done it right.

Can you please set up one thread each in the group for your region

If you want other people in the group, that's cool just PM me the names. I'm thinking you'll probably want to co-op assistants.

yungatart
18th October 2009, 08:10
As far as can figure (not sure if some people were volunteering or just commenting) we have

Raumati area Bald Eagle (could you handle as far away as Wanganui ?)
Stoney Wellington
Dan Mapp and PaulMac - Naki
Horowhenua (and P. Norf?) DaveReid
Hawke Bay - Yungatart (Can you extend to Gisbourne?)
Jantar Central Otago (As far souf as Dunedin?)
Auckland - Busa Pete

Giisborne is some 2.5 hours away from here....over brilliant roads, but...I don't even know anyone in Gissy.

yungatart
18th October 2009, 08:42
I'm not really sure where to post this (so many threads to choose from)...
I had a thought that maybe one of our protests could take the form of trailering our bikes in to Welly...bear with me...
1 it would be very visual,
2. we could state that if all these bikes are going to be put off the road due to the huge expense of owning one, they will be replaced by all these cars, (looking for parks and just imagine the congestion!)
3 It also makes the point that cars could very well be the next target of ACC

I thought 1 bike per trailer, across all lanes on the motorway, at the legal speed of 90 kph with fair warning of our intentions so that we don't piss of Joe Public.

Maha
18th October 2009, 08:52
We wont be going to Wellington but a couple of us have an idea in the pipeline and will get onto it asap. We will wait till the Auckland BIKEOI thread is up so as not to compound the issue of the two being the same thing.

Dan Mapp
18th October 2009, 09:33
Have we got a confirmed date yet?? I will call in and see Pual Mac Monday at work.

Hopeful Bastard
18th October 2009, 10:33
November the 5th is looking like that date at the moment..

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:32
We have two new coordinators

Drummer has agreed to help in Auckland. We could still do with another person in Auckland, it's a big place . Volunteer now, you know you want to.

Mom has agreed to coordinate accomodation. Now I need everyone to be very clear on what she will do and will not. She will NOT sort out accomodation for you, or make bookings for you or anything like that . Shes not your secretary, OK.

What she will do is compile a list of what accomodation is available in and around Wellington, and on the various routes there, and post it up ; and check if they are going to have vacancies around the time ; and confirm that they don't mind bikers staying; and keep track of what's gotten booked out. And maybe, if people can get there shit together, haggle a group discount.