PDA

View Full Version : A Brain Fart

dpex
16th October 2009, 18:50
I just had one, as I was writing yet another crit to Smith.

Where is the voice of the people, ergo, Labour, on the ACC issue?

Has anyone seen any words from Dill Gough?

We know ACT have said, 'don't be silly,' but then we know they want to privatise. Yet the Maori Party have simply said, 'Get a life.'

Without these two Key can't pass the bill. But what if Labour decide to join Key?

Katman
16th October 2009, 18:59
A brain fart

I just had one,

Why am I not surprised?

Coldrider
16th October 2009, 19:13
I just had one, as I was writing yet another crit to Smith.

Where is the voice of the people, ergo, Labour, on the ACC issue?

Has anyone seen any words from Dill Gough?

We know ACT have said, 'don't be silly,' but then we know they want to privatise. Yet the Maori Party have simply said, 'Get a life.'

Without these two Key can't pass the bill. But what if Labour decide to join Key?Phil Goff was on the news commrenting on the issue.
National can't get the numbers for ACT & Maori Party at this stage, so guess that Labour will not support this issue as 'opposition' means just that.
'Opposition' is just that, does not mean they support us.

kiwi cowboy
16th October 2009, 19:22
Phil Goff was on the news commrenting on the issue.
National can't get the numbers for ACT & Maori Party at this stage, so guess that Labour will not support this issue as 'opposition' means just that.
'Opposition' is just that, does not mean they support us.

They wernt when the anti smacking bill was goin on they joined together to push that through so this could be anouther MOTHER OF ALL FUCKUPS like the smacking bill:dodge:

Coldrider
16th October 2009, 19:25
They wernt when the anti smacking bill was goin on they joined together to push that through so this could be anouther MOTHER OF ALL FUCKUPS like the smacking bill:dodge:
They have admitted they can't get the numbers, back to the drawing board for National, oops ACT.

AllanB
16th October 2009, 20:10
I was wondering this today as well, as I watched Mr Goff on TV earlier this year stating how he wants a Harley.

He will probably by two Harleys, then say he uses one for daily transport and the other is his bike of residence, then hire one out and claim 30% of the purchase cost of both of them per annum from the tax payer.

Usarka
16th October 2009, 20:19
Labours been quiet because they know it's just a red herring.

It's all a smoke screen to privatise ACC. Labour are waiting for the smoke to clear to attack the real agenda.

It's all a big game.

Skyryder
17th October 2009, 13:35
Labours been quiet because they know it's just a red herring.

It's all a smoke screen to privatise ACC. Labour are waiting for the smoke to clear to attack the real agenda.

It's all a big game.

Well they need someone better than Goff. Sadly there is no one in Labour who can compete with Key on the media front. Most of Labour's front bench are too close too Clarke and simply do not have distance from her to be able to take on Key and his ministers. The only one with a clout to match any of the Nat MP's is Anderton. Anyone noticed how English suddenly lost his mouth as soon as Anderton got involved with English's housing fiasco?

So far the Maori Party have remained silent on this and will not be commenting until they have discussed the ACC issue in caucus. But you can bet your life that any concessions Key will give them for their support will only apply to Maori.
Shane Jones is the only one in Labour that has the intelligence to go after Sharples and being Maori too is a plus.

So if I was assembling a team to take on Key, Hide and Sharples it would be Anderton and Jones as the opening batsmen with both Goff and King allotted to umpiring.

Will this happen................probably not....................but if it did.........New Zealand politics would get interesting again.

Skyryder