PDA

View Full Version : Worth a visit...

FJRider
17th October 2009, 12:02
On my recent visit to Christchurch, I took a visit to Fazzaz ...actually several, as once is never enough. It is for the "Motoring Enthusiast". Not just the four wheel type either. It's an "Old Fashioned" shop ... the staff wear a suit and tie as "uniform".

And ... if you wish to purchase anything, have enough cash ready. They dont have Eftpos.

1. A low mileage Triumph ... Its done44 miles.

2. The odometer on it. Not the second time round either.

3. Triumphs early attempt at duel purpose motorcycles.

4. Another low mileage Triumph. This one has done 20,000 miles.

5. A bicycle built for two. It is for sale ($850).... an interesting concept.

6. Kid's old and young, all find something here to interest them.

Number One
17th October 2009, 12:14
The scrambler is cool - pretty rare too I'd imagine by now

Pedrostt500
25th October 2009, 07:40
Yep looks like the type of place I would have to avoid, as there aint a tow truck big enough to drag me away.

Blackbird
25th October 2009, 09:53
An awesome place indeed:Punk:. When our daughter was a student in Chch, she used to hang out there and for my birthday one year, bought me half a dozen "Motorsport" magazines from the 50's that they had in stock - fantastic reading.

When I last looked in there about 3-4 years ago, they had a Rob North-framed racing Trident factory replica for $17000. I tell you, if my wife hadn't been there to hold me in check, it might have ended in tears:laugh:

PeterJ
26th October 2009, 19:14
It is a very cool place, Been there for a long time now. I used to go in there when I was in short pants and should have been at school and drool over various classic Ferrari's. 275GTB, 246GT(Dino), and a couple of classic GP racers.
They don't mind you spending an hour or so peering at cool stuff and thumbing through lots of old motoring books and magazines.