PDA

View Full Version : Nat. Party Conference Protest Ride 18-10-09

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 16:55
http://www.national.org.nz/Events/DisplayEvent.aspx?EventID=1554

The National Party Northern Spring Conference is on tomorrow on Mangere. I think this would be a good place for a large group of bikers to show up before the conference as party members are arriving, perhaps with some signs and banners. Would anybody else be keen on this? If we get enough bikers I'm sure we can get some press from this.

KB Calendar Entry (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2198&day=2009-10-18&)
Please indicate your attendance on the Calendar so we can get an idea of numbers.

kave
17th October 2009, 17:00
Count me in.

klingon
17th October 2009, 17:07

The National Party Northern Spring Conference is on tomorrow on Mangere. I think this would be a good place for a large group of bikers to show up before the conference as party members are arriving, perhaps with some signs and banners. Would anybody else be keen on this? If we get enough bikers I'm sure we can get some press from this.

If there are any members here who are also members of the National Party Northern Division, presumably you are invited to go into the conference room and discuss party policies! Hooray! :clap: I'm sure the organisers will be flexible enough to add "ACC levies on Motorbikes" to the agenda if there is enough support from the attendees. :)

Just remember to bring your Nat Party ID card and/or RSVP to the organiser so she knows to expect you, otherwise you may be mistaken for a biker and kept outside. :oi-grr:

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:09
If there were enough of us outside as they begin to arrive, I'm sure it will come up as a topic of conversation.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 17:09

calendar entry (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2198&day=2009-10-18&)

Can those who plan to go, please sign up as attending. Reason is , if there's only a handful it's better not to do it, looks like we don't care much.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:17
Could you put the address and a time on the calender entry?

Ixion
17th October 2009, 17:26
Done

Airport Oaks Centra hotel, Corner Ascot and Kirkbride Rd mangere.

We're thinking 3pm, which is when he's scheduled to leave, unless someone has other thoughts.

Probably won't be able to get close to the place for cops, but we will line up along the route with placards and horns.

The time is a bit uncertain we're trying to find out if anyone knows the drill for these htings, in case 3pm just means that's when the speeches finish and he settles down to several hours of wine and cheese.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:29
I would have thought that turning up before it starts would be the best idea, it would be more of a talking point that way.

carver
17th October 2009, 17:33
you's are all talk

Ixion
17th October 2009, 17:35
I would have thought that turning up before it starts would be the best idea, it would be more of a talking point that way.

Only thing is we're not sure when he arrives. Given the starting time, he may stay overnight. And could arrive from any direction , depending on if he's coming from his hhome in Parnell or from the Airport.

I'm easy , what do people think.

No reason probably why we can't try for both ?

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:36
you's are all talk
Well I'm not, just seeing how many people on KB actually care enought to get on their bike ... if they can't be bothered with something simple like this can they be bothered with the BIKOI?

Anyway, why don't you mono your holy ass all the way up from Hamilton and join in? It's not that far.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:39
Only thing is we're not sure when he arrives. Given the starting time, he may stay overnight. And could arrive from any direction , depending on if he's coming from his hhome in Parnell or from the Airport.

I'm easy , what do people think.

No reason probably why we can't try for both ?

Good point, but are we aiming for just JK or the whole Nat party?

Also if there's a mod floating about can you put the date (18/10/09) into the title of this thread?

klingon
17th October 2009, 17:44
I vote for being there at the beginning! Mr Key is unlikely to stay the night on site given he is near his home in Parnell. Whatever direction he arrives from he will see us there! :clap:

dpex
17th October 2009, 17:48
Talk is easy, especially from in front of a PC keyboard.

I may yet be the only one there, at Airport Oaks. But by Jesus I'll be there at 9:30 am.

You all can stay tucked up in bed while you rant and rave.

The TV cameras will be there. So will I.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 17:48
Good point, but are we aiming for just JK or the whole Nat party?

Also if there's a mod floating about can you put the date (18/10/09) into the title of this thread?

That's true. OK start it is. Tht's 10 am, prolly want to be there at 9:30

carver
17th October 2009, 17:49
Well I'm not, just seeing how many people on KB actually care enought to get on their bike ... if they can't be bothered with something simple like this can they be bothered with the BIKOI?

Anyway, why don't you mono your holy ass all the way up from Hamilton and join in? It's not that far.

hmmm...
remember that last time i came on a protest ride...

i almost got banned off here!

Maki
17th October 2009, 17:53
I would be there, if I was not down in Wellington. I urge all to be there, motorcyclists and scroters united. Go there yourself, TELL your friends about it and urge them to tell anyone they know who has a motorized 2 wheeler.

I reckon being there at the start would be best....

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 17:54
That's true. OK start it is. Tht's 10 am, prolly want to be there at 9:30

Is 9.30 a little late tho? most of them might have turned up by then.

firefighter
17th October 2009, 17:56
This thread should be merged with the other one.

Or maybe I could start yet another thread on the same topic.

:Pokey:

Ixion
Earlier the better I guess. Though too many biker hanging around for too long might attract the attention of the law.

But a time is needed. Some will doubtless get there earlier.

dpex
I'm done with ranting on this site, and writing to all and sundry.

It's time to have my presence felt.

And so I intend to be at Airport Oaks tomorrow morning, at 9:30am, to protest at the start of the Northern Region Nat-Party bun-fight.

If it's just me then so be it.

That should make for a good laugh for TV. One biker who cared turned up to protest.

That will lead on to the reasonable notion that the rest don't care.

I think there's something wrong with my bike, so I'll be taking some tools to help me check out the rev-range.

Anyone else have rev-probs? If you have, come on down. I'll have all the tools you'll need to check your revs, especially the 5-to-8K range, every five minutes.

I say again. If it's just me then I'll be the lone voice.

Hi Ho Silver!

Ixion
17th October 2009, 17:59
This thread should be merged with the other one.

Or maybe I could start yet another thread on the same topic.

:Pokey:

There are actually FOUR of them now. Though one is off topic material in another thread, and one is in the Uni SMC forum, those guys n gals always needs a separate thread .

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 18:00
Earlier the better I guess. Though too many biker hanging around for too long might attract the attention of the law.

But a time is needed. Some will doubtless get there earlier.

We have a right to peaceful protest in this country. So as long as everybody's bike is legal and nobody breaks any road rules then I don't think there is anything they can do about it. I suggest 9am. Also the more threads the merrier IMO, as long as everybody is turning up in the same place at the same time tomorrow.

Maki
17th October 2009, 18:03
May I suggest turning up even earlier and have every bike occupy ONE CAR PARK! That would teach many people a priceless lesson about the benefit of bikes.

It could serve as a model for future protests. Show up with your bike or scooter an hour early for any function instigated by the Nats. Park it in a car park and sit there and laugh while car drivers scratch their heads because all the car parks are occupied.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:05
May I suggest turning up even earlier and have every bike occupy ONE CAR PARK! That would teach many people a priceless lesson about the benefit of bikes.

I doubt you'' be able to get into the car park without ID.

"right to peaceful protest" is nice in theory. Speaking as one who's done it, it works out different in practice.

You can be arrested for this stuff. Unlikely but don't discount the possibility.

Oh, and also bear in mind, those cops (plain clothes ones) WILL be carrying guns.

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:06

Car parking will be on private property. It will be much simpler if we assemble (in a safe manner) on public property (ie the roadside).

Can anyone get a screenshot of the address from Google Earth and/or streetview? I believe the address is right on a major intersection so I would like to see what road markings/parking restrictions there are in the area.

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:10

Oh, and also bear in mind, those cops (plain clothes ones) WILL be carrying guns.

:(

But Mr Ixion... I'm much too young to die!

Although I do admire your willingness to lay down your life for the cause. I will be standing as far away from you as possible.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 18:11
Car parking will be on private property. It will be much simpler if we assemble (in a safe manner) on public property (ie the roadside).

Can anyone get a screenshot of the address from Google Earth and/or streetview? I believe the address is right on a major intersection so I would like to see what road markings/parking restrictions there are in the area.

I agree, staying out of private property will be a must. I looked on google maps, hard to see if it's a no parking area tho. Anybody in the area keen to take a look for us tonight?

Hispid
17th October 2009, 18:13
See you there mate. Just switched to a very loud exhaust.:2thumbsup

Squiggles
17th October 2009, 18:21
Looks to be just down from the intersection
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Ascot+Rd,+Manukau,+Auckland+2022,+New+Zealand&sll=-36.847385,174.765735&sspn=0.032763,0.050726&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FYbby_0d_u9qCg&split=0&hq=&hnear=Ascot+Rd,+Manukau,+2022,+New+Zealand&ll=-36.972164,174.786301&spn=0,359.979143&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-36.972151,174.786197&panoid=zwDRHCL-Up6Uvh2Qu9Gejw&cbp=12,231.08,,0,4.91

1st pic its up on the left, no parking ~10m either side of the entrance, but dont see any restrictions outside of that
2nd pic is of the opposite side of the road... cant make out the roadmarkings but that might be a better spot

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:24
Here's the sattelite view.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 18:25
Is it illegal to park on a grass verge?

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:28
Is it illegal to park on a grass verge?

Yes, technically it is. But I think we should start with that then see where we go from there. I think our plan here (in public, remember!) is just to show up at the address and deal with the details once we get there. :)

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:30
Yep. Too hard to tell from pictures. And they may have some of it coned off anyway.

Call it on site on the day.

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:32
From the satellite map we can see that there are two entrances to the car park - one on Kirkbride Road and one on Ascot Road. We will need to have a group of people near each entry to make sure all the delegates see us.

We should smile and wave and not be at all threatening or scary. Just let them know we are there and get them talking. Whenever we have the opportunity, we should put Mr Ixion forward to explain (politely) why we are there and why we have a problem with the increased levies.

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 18:32
So are we agreed with 9am? Or 9.30? I just figure 9.30 might be a little late. Perhaps if we could put all those details in the calendar entry and a map just so everybody is on the same page.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 18:38
From the satellite map we can see that there are two entrances to the car park - one on Kirkbride Road and one on Ascot Road. We will need to have a group of people near each entry to make sure all the delegates see us.

We should smile and wave and not be at all threatening or scary. Just let them know we are there and get them talking. Whenever we have the opportunity, we should put Mr Ixion forward to explain (politely) why we are there and why we have a problem with the increased levies.

Hm, that may be difficult, surely they'll just drive past us into the car park and head on indoors ?

PrincessBandit
17th October 2009, 18:42
Hm, that may be difficult, surely they'll just drive past us into the car park and head on indoors ?

True, but we would at least be seen. What about a silent "guard of (dis)honour" standing beside our bikes? (If talking is not an option).

GOONR
17th October 2009, 18:45
I will come along to this, might take me a while to get there at my legal 70k but I will be there.

PrincessBandit
17th October 2009, 18:48
Oh, and is 3pm now off the menu? Or should we do both? If people can make it to both 9/9.30am AND 3pm it might have people questioning what's going on. (They might even think we've been there all day :eek:)

GOONR
17th October 2009, 18:51
I will check the calendar in the morning to see what time I need to be there, would prefer the morning though, gives them all day to think about the bikers outside...

klingon
17th October 2009, 18:55
calendar entry (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2198&day=2009-10-18&)

Can those who plan to go, please sign up as attending. Reason is , if there's only a handful it's better not to do it, looks like we don't care much.

Can I just say it is VITAL that we get LOTS of people to this. And no staying home just because it's raining! :Pokey:

We risk looking ridiculous if only a handful of bikes turn up.

Please, RIGHT NOW send a text, email or PM to everyone you know on KB or elsewhere and encourage them to be there tomorrow to show their support for the cause.

This is our first chance for the issue to be brought out in public and will set the scene for everything to come. :2thumbsup

Skyryder
17th October 2009, 18:56
Good luck guys. Stay sharp, stay cool, and most of all stay alive.

Skyryder

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 19:01
The National Party is having a conference tomorrow in Mangere. There will be a number of KBers turning up outside the location for a peaceful park up and protest. The protest is about the outrageous proposal to increase the ACC component of your bike's registration by a large amount. If you feel that the increase in ACC fees is unfair, please come along to this 'event'. I feel that showing up in numbers will perhaps make some of the ivory tower dwellers realise that they are about to piss a lot of people off. Anyway, the details:

Time: 9am, 18/10/2009 (Sunday)

Location: Corner of Ascot and Kirkbride Roads, Mangere, Auckland. The parking situation will have to be assessed on the day, there appears to be parking available along Ascot and Kirkbride roads.

KB Calendar Entry (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2198&day=2009-10-18&)
Please indicate your attendance on the Calendar so we can get an idea of numbers.

Please remember, this is a peaceful gettogether of likeminded people. Any illegal activity will only undermine the cause.

James Deuce
Someone's already on to it. Why don't you join him. He seems like a personable chap:http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2198&day=2009-10-18&

Just a thought. You could try being pleasant to be around instead of a ranty bastard.

Catch more flies with honey an all that.

There's quite a few people either loading everything they type around the subject with insulting subtext, or just out and out calling people names and assuming that "no one is doing anything".

Some people don't care, never will.

Some people care, but really are not in a position do bend themselves to your will.

Some people are working really hard on making sure a consistent, simple message is being delivered. They'd prefer it if you helped them coordinate their efforts rather than haring off on an ill-tempered splinter mission.

Some people would love to be part of a rent-a-crowd, but are a bit turned off by being represented by someone who doesn't have much respect for them.

Some people have done all this before and are quite convinced of the futility of arguing.

Some people have done this before and know that all that will resut is a temporary narrowing of the proposed anal enlargement.

Some have felt all the above and are still trying to be part of a larger coordinated approach and STILL, despite years of having to put up with thoughtless individuals with a very narrow focus on life crapping all over them by purporting to represent all motorcyclists, are hoping that rather than simply minimising the damage, we can engineer a more equitable solution that doesn't single motorcyclists out simply because someone said they should be.

The chip on your shoulder is unnecessary and telegraphs that not only can the Government divide and conquer us into accepting a blanket ACC levy increase to $511, we can't organise ourselves or trust anyone else to manage an effective visible and behind the scenes response. Today's Ulysses news item was ill judged and poorly executed.

Try not to be another one of those.

A better way to get people along is:

"I'm organising a passive protest outside the National Party Conference in Mangere tomorrow, and I'd realy like to get some numbers together. We'll go for a ride and a coffee after spending an hour onsite."

GOONR
Can I just say it is VITAL that we get LOTS of people to this. And no staying home just because it's raining! :Pokey:

We risk looking ridiculous if only a handful of bikes turn up.

Please, RIGHT NOW send a text, email or PM to everyone you know on KB or elsewhere and encourage them to be there tomorrow to show their support for the cause.

This is our first chance for the issue to be brought out in public and will set the scene for everything to come. :2thumbsup

I agree, I don't want to turn up and find out there is only 10 of us, we would look stupid and it would send out totally the wrong message, bikers don't really care, they will just suck it up, blah blah blah..

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 19:02
I've put a new thread in the general bike ravings area, might give this a bit more exposure.

Damon
17th October 2009, 19:14
sounds sweet, we'll be there

kunoichi
17th October 2009, 19:37
sweet i'm signed up. How long are we going to be there btw? i'v got a mate who can't make it till later, and i gota go to work at 10, but might be back for round 2 if u'r still there

oldrider
17th October 2009, 20:03
A note of caution: This is an action not taken lightly by seasoned politicians and their cohorts!

You can bet your boots they knew exactly what action and reaction would take place from it.

One of the oldest tricks in politics is to create a circus of distraction before making a key move!

A disorganised rabble is just what is needed for a circus of distraction to be successfully deployed.

Take a good long serious look at ourselves and then answer the question, are we not fruit for the picking?

Do we stack up as a force to be cautious of and reckoned with?

Or are we simply grist for the political mill? :Pokey:

Place yourself into the position of the shit stirring political pirates concerned and ask yourself the question!

Have they anything to be afraid of? I believe they must surely be confident of success!

The only really affective way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head! think about that! :shifty: Are we really up for it! :mellow:

How confident was Cameron before he called Tua?

What we need here is a Tua style performance to ensure a Tua type result!

I received a trophy once for "Best loser" that was the biggest insult of my entire life, I threw it in the river!

So what will it be, political circus clowns, political best loser's, or political David Tua's? :first:

This is NOT going to be easy! :oi-grr:

klingon
17th October 2009, 20:04
I have just sent out a text to all the people in the "Bikers" group on my phone. Sorry to anyone who is outside Auckland and/or has no idea who the random texter is! :Oops:

I should really tweet it as well but I have a cold and my head is about to explode. :(

cheesemethod
17th October 2009, 20:22
A note of caution: This is an action not taken lightly by seasoned politicians and their cohorts!...

Understood. I just figure that turning up in person is a far more effective way to get our point across rather than just arguing about it on an internet forum. Plus I'll meet some new people.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 20:31
A note of caution: This is an action not taken lightly by seasoned politicians and their cohorts!

You can bet your boots they knew exactly what action and reaction would take place from it.

One of the oldest tricks in politics is to create a circus of distraction before making a key move!

This is NOT going to be easy! :oi-grr:

Granted. It's not going to be easy.

But , on the other hand , you would be surprised at how scared most politicians are of protest (OK, Winston was an exception)

And we have an advantage here, our reputation goes before us. We're BIKERS. They'll be nervous . A protest by the Old Ladies Knitting Circle, they know what to expect. But, bikers , Heaven knows what they might do

Which is why we must be very non-confrontational (threatening looking, but non confrontational, that always confuses them ) , and very careful not to upset Joe Q Public, that deep and incisive thinker.

That way if the pollies try to chuck the borax at us, Joe thinks "Duh, they seemed reasonable enuff to me, n I can understand them being pissed off, that's a wicked price increase."

klingon
17th October 2009, 20:39

And we have an advantage here, our reputation goes before us. We're BIKERS. They'll be nervous . A protest by the Old Ladies Knitting Circle, they know what to expect. But, bikers , Heaven knows what they might do

Have you not heard of Aunt Fanny's Sewing Circle? Alf's Imperial Army had reason to be afraid!

PrincessBandit
17th October 2009, 20:53
Not to be a wet blanket, but just asking.....will there be a point at which there might be a decision made that if insufficient names are on the list that it will be abandoned? I'll be there regardless of the weather, but if it's called off (12 bikes might look a tad sad) then will we be told? I'll check again around 8am tomorrow.
Cheers

Squiggles
17th October 2009, 20:54
Words gone out to the uni students... we'll try to be early

klingon
17th October 2009, 21:00
Not to be a wet blanket, but just asking.....will there be a point at which there might be a decision made that if insufficient names are on the list that it will be abandoned? I'll be there regardless of the weather, but if it's called off (12 bikes might look a tad sad) then will we be told? I'll check again around 8am tomorrow.
Cheers

That's a tough call. I have just received texts back from three bikers who will be there tomorrow but are not on KB, so their names will never appear on the register. I'm also aware that people often register then don't turn up at events.

I think we can only make the call once we are actually there, on the spot.

Ixion
17th October 2009, 21:04
Cheers

I think we need to make that call on the spot. Quite often lots of people who didn't put their names down turn up. And of course, the reverse.

But, given the very short notice of this event, we're not highly visible. If we figure numbers are too small, we can just fade quietly into the background. Just a bunch of bikers conferring on which pub to head for.

If we have more publicised events later , it'll be a bit more tricky.

Which is a very good idea actually.

klingon
17th October 2009, 21:37
sweet i'm signed up. How long are we going to be there btw? i'v got a mate who can't make it till later, and i gota go to work at 10, but might be back for round 2 if u'r still there

The conference itself is due to start at 10am and end around 2pm I think. There will definitely be a bunch of us there from 9am (and more from 9:30am) to be visible to the delegates as they arrive.

I believe there will be others there from 2 or 3pm to be visible as the delegates leave.

StoneY
17th October 2009, 21:38
Well done all of you for taking action

If i wasn't already 3 sails to the wind I would have been tempted (tempted mond you lol) to ride north through the night.........

Skyryder
17th October 2009, 21:39
My first reaction to numbers is that if you have too few call it off. But on reflection this would be wrong on two counts. First it would indicate a defeat and second any protest no matter how few is better than none.

The important thing is sending a message to biker community that some are doing something.

Most protests start with a few hard core activists.
The key to winning or losing is the commitment and time to achieve the objective. And on this score it is far to early for a consensus other than a reduction of ACC levy fees. There will eventullay need to be a co-ordinated goal of what the biker community wants. It may well be that this may pan out into other issues. Personally I think this would be a mistake as it allows opposing forces to offer alternitive solutions desingned to split the original aims and goals of the initial protest.

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but eventually there will need to be some kind of co-ordinating group between the buisiness side of the industry, BRONZ, Kiwi Biker, Ulysses. Someone said that HOG could not get involved due to their constitution. Well they need to change their constitution so that they can.

At the end of the day it will come down to a numbers game.
The more bikers that these groups can represent and it is the representation that political parties take notice of the more chance of success.

So come hell or high water those that ride...........do us proud no matter how many or how few.

Skyryder

klingon
17th October 2009, 21:39
I will be there. And I think I'll go for a ride and a coffee afterwards. :clap:

fireliv
17th October 2009, 21:43
All the best for tomorrow, this Chch biker will be hoping you guys have some starting impact

klingon
17th October 2009, 21:46
Well done all of you for taking action

If i wasn't already 3 sails to the wind I would have been tempted (tempted mond you lol) to ride north through the night.........

Your contribution to the cause can be to offer us all sleeping space when we arrive on the BIKOI next month. How about you post up your address here while you're in such an agreeable mood? :msn-wink:

TOTO
17th October 2009, 21:59
Me too. do we do horns or exhausts ?

klingon
17th October 2009, 22:03
Me too. do we do horns or exhausts ?

Well if the Volty wants to parp her horn she'll have to keep the revs up to stop her battery going flat! :weep:

I think I will just be smiling and waving at the delegates as they arrive. Requires less battery charge. :rolleyes:

Little Miss Trouble
17th October 2009, 22:06
Rather than arrive in ones and twos would it not be better to meet in a carpark nearby and then converge on the Centra as a group?

klingon
17th October 2009, 22:10
Rather than arrive in ones and twos would it not be better to meet in a carpark nearby and then converge on the Centra as a group?

Good idea but unfortunately too late to organise it now.

Also it looks like some people are arriving at 9am and some at 9:30am - this is the kind of thing that will happen when things are organised with only a few hours' notice!

GOONR
17th October 2009, 22:12
Good idea but unfortunately too late to organise it now.

Also it looks like some people are arriving at 9am and some at 9:30am - this is the kind of thing that will happen when things are organised with only a few hours' notice!

At least it is being organised and something is happening.:2thumbsup

klingon
17th October 2009, 22:13
At least it is being organised and something is happening.:2thumbsup

I agree. Gotta love the technology! And remember to text all your friends in the morning to get a great flash-mob turnout!

chrispy121
17th October 2009, 22:25
i cant make it in the morning but will be there after 1pm
also the text I got for this indicated Sunday the 17th which may lead to confusion

PrincessBandit
17th October 2009, 22:25
gijoe1313 and I are meeting in Manurewa at 8.30 to head in together.

Pedrostt500
17th October 2009, 22:28
Just Rember folks don't let the media portray you as a bunch of Muppets, keep it all peace love and mung beans.

oldrider
17th October 2009, 22:30
I will be there in spirit, only because we just can't physically be there!

Suggestion: Would it be possible to publish on site, the names and details of the board members of the AA? (they are the clever dick's who pushed hard for this)

It would be good place to start practising protest rides, gatherings etc.

Not doing anything illegal, just gathering and riding about in their streets etc.

This will give a greater presence of "motorcyclists" in their neighbourhood because of them!

Their neighbours are bound to be made uncomfortable about the constant presence of large numbers of bikes and bikers just doing what is legal for them to do!

Let it be known that it will all go away once the said AA executive retracts their negative comments about motorcyclists and ACC!

A quiet street becoming a motorcycle byway and stopping off meeting place will soon have their neighbours wanting their previous peaceful situation restored!

Exercising our legal freedoms in large numbers "all" through the night and day, would be better than direct action. (IMHO)

Boy racers presence in quiet streets has had quite a sobering effect upon the pious peace-nicks in many of our cities, has it not!

Once the technique has been perfected and a disciplined methodology sorted out, move on to more attractive target areas, like John Key and Nick Smith etc.

Just a wee thought to consider and mull over. Spread the love, all over the country! :whistle:

Ixion
17th October 2009, 22:31
Everybody bring a placard (bit of cardboard wiv a message on). Or cars that go past won't know what we're there for.

Just right "ACC unjust" or "No to unfair levies" or somethign short on it.

I bet I forget to bring one now.

Pedrostt500
17th October 2009, 22:42
A Placard olong the lines of " I also own a car, does that mean I Subsidise myself?."

motorbyclist
17th October 2009, 22:59
Isn't there some boy racer anti-congregation law against this?

What does BRONZ have to say? I'd hate to see this turn sour

xwhatsit
17th October 2009, 23:14
Hopefully I turn up. Somebody berate me if I don't.

cs363
17th October 2009, 23:21
I think we need to make that call on the spot. Quite often lots of people who didn't put their names down turn up. And of course, the reverse.

But, given the very short notice of this event, we're not highly visible. If we figure numbers are too small, we can just fade quietly into the background. Just a bunch of bikers conferring on which pub to head for.

If we have more publicised events later , it'll be a bit more tricky.

Which is a very good idea actually.

Glad to hear you say that, I know it's late notice but less than 20 people signed up in our biggest population base? Bit surprised at that to be honest, not a good look.

I can only hope the 'you tell two friends' thing works and you get a good turn out on the day.
Hopefully someone will get some pics and give us a report on how it all went.

Good luck guys.

mnkyboy
18th October 2009, 00:08
Placard made in readiness

I will berate you if you dont turn up tom - we're probably the closest kb'ers

Amped up - haven't been to a protest in a while.

I'll bring some cardboard and a can of paint too.

cowpatz
18th October 2009, 02:15
See you there mate. Just switched to a very loud exhaust.:2thumbsup

I would recommend just a presence at this stage. Perhaps a placard or something. They would just love to hear a loud exhaust.....it would lend weight to their argument that bikers are just ignorant and deserve to be slapped with a levy increase.

TOTO
18th October 2009, 05:58
the nz herald has been tipped about our presence.... :)

bones135
18th October 2009, 07:04
I for one ceratinly care as this affects all of us, but to get there by 9.30 is pretty much an impossible task from Whitianga at 8am having just read this.
Maybe a bit more notice next time:calm:

Jeaves
18th October 2009, 07:10
the nz herald has been tipped about our presence.... :)

Good stuff, see ya's there.

Maki
18th October 2009, 07:35
Isn't there some boy racer anti-congregation law against this?

What does BRONZ have to say? I'd hate to see this turn sour

Yes, stay in bed today. If you put your feet on the floor things could "turn sour", and oh, don't you need permission from BRONZ before you do anything?

PrincessBandit
18th October 2009, 10:56
Was a much better turnout than the attendance list suggested. At least 50 bikes were there, with more people thanks to pillions who came.

There was a police presence but they were great and very friendly. (At least one of them is a rider too). We were extremely well behaved - no wheelies and such shit (at least while we were there), tooting as we rode slowly through the carpark circuit was the noisiest we got and even that was brief.

We certainly were noticed, and the whole idea was mainly to make our presence known - not to create confrontation or aggro. Peaceful mission accomplished as far as I can tell. It is only the start though....before anyone on here (who didn't turn up) starts bagging us about "what do you expect it to have achieved?".

Got heaps of toots from cars as they drove past too.

paulmac
18th October 2009, 11:10
Onya team - good effort !! It all counts.

Maki
18th October 2009, 11:12
Well done, spread the word. We want thousands, or tens of thousands of bikes and scooters for the bikoi.

Ixion
18th October 2009, 11:12
Well, that went very well. Especially given the short notice

About 60 bikes, presence firmly established, friendly contact made with police, contact made with friendly National MP - who said he'd spread our message! Cam Calder (?) is the man, so it would be good to show him support (I've a notion he rides too).

And we DID mange to eyeball the PM and Deputy Dude, who arrived a bit after 11, and wave signs at them. Fine state the country is in when even the PM isn't on time.

No aggro, no hassles.

Learnings:

Next time, take thermos and food
We need placards and big banners.

MSTRS
18th October 2009, 11:18
Well done. Sorry we could only be there in spirit....
Got the call at 9.30 last night on the way home from Manfield.

paturoa
18th October 2009, 11:23
Interesting was the number of public passing by who waved and tooted.

bones135
18th October 2009, 11:24
Well done to all who turned up aye, hopefully they start to take notice:pinch:

GOONR
18th October 2009, 11:25
Was a much better turn out than I thought it was gonna be, glad is was there to add to the numbers. :banana:

zahria
18th October 2009, 11:27
Well, that went very well. Especially given the short notice

About 60 bikes, presence firmly established, friendly contact made with police, contact made with friendly National MP - who said he'd spread our message! Cam Calder (?) is the man, so it would be good to show him support (I've a notion he rides too).

And we DID mange to eyeball the PM and Deputy Dude, who arrived a bit after 11, and wave signs at them. Fine state the country is in when even the PM isn't on time.

No aggro, no hassles.

Learnings:

Next time, take thermos and food
We need placards and big banners.

Awesome work guys!!!!:2thumbsup

paturoa
18th October 2009, 11:28
and some more pics

paturoa
18th October 2009, 11:33
see yourselves yet?

Skyryder
18th October 2009, 11:35
I just hope that all the nay sayers on here learnt something from this.

Many thanks for all who turned up and good work to those that took some time to oraginse this.

Skyryder

paturoa
18th October 2009, 11:37
and some more

yungatart
18th October 2009, 11:41
Top effort troops!
May this be the first of many well behaved, positive protests!
We were there in spirit...

paturoa
Even more ....

rebyl
Would have loved to be there but couldn't get through the FLOODS......when is it gunna stop raining.....waaaaaaaaaaaa:baby:

paturoa
18th October 2009, 11:42
Lucky last our beloved leader and the worst shot too!!!

.. as he drove in.

Kevnz
18th October 2009, 11:46
Good work in the not so good weather.
This is just the beginning...:clap:

Skyryder
18th October 2009, 11:48
contact made with friendly National MP - who said he'd spread our message! Cam Calder (?) is the man, so it would be good to show him support (I've a notion he rides too).

It's a good start in the right direction.

cheesemethod
18th October 2009, 11:50
Well done to everybody who turned up. I was a bit worried yesterday that this might fizzle, but instead hugely impressed by the turnout. I think our presence will have certainly been noticed and discussed at the conference. And for all the right reasons too.

Ixion
18th October 2009, 11:51
It's a good start in the right direction.ell, when he said "I ride too" I didn't realise THAT was what he meant.

klingon
18th October 2009, 11:51
Well that was a hoot! (In every sense of the word.) What a great way to spend a Sunday morning. :clap:

We certainly got some attention from the delegates and the public, and it was a marvellous turnout as far as numbers of bikes and good behaviour. :2thumbsup

Well done to everyone involved.

(And it was really nice to meet those of you I hadn't met before - great bunch of folks.)

Ixion
18th October 2009, 11:53
Add to learnings:

Noise makers needed - those canned noise things. Too hard to get back to bike to toot horn when needed

And leaflets we need leaflets .

chrispy121
18th October 2009, 11:55
so is this still happening this afternoon as well?

klingon
18th October 2009, 11:58
I just finished looking at the pics (thanks paturoa). That poor hotel security guard was really having conniptions, wasn't he?! Poor man. Imagine going through life getting that stressed about everything.

Thanks to the folks who kept him occupied in a long, involved conversation while the rest of us kept riding on by. That's Carolynn in some of the pics but whose bike was it that got stopped and the wee man tried to confiscate it?! :lol:

Kevnz
18th October 2009, 11:58
[QUOTE=Ixion;1129465778]Add to learnings:

Noise makers needed - those canned noise things. Too hard to get back to bike to toot horn when needed

You mean Moo Loo bells ? Come see Waikato beat Auckland this Saturday and get a bell while your there :2thumbsup

Gwinch
18th October 2009, 11:59
I just finished looking at the pics (thanks paturoa). That poor hotel security guard was really having conniptions, wasn't he?! Poor man. Imagine going through life getting that stressed about everything.

Thanks to the folks who kept him occupied in a long, involved conversation while the rest of us kept riding on by.

You're welcome. ;)

klingon
18th October 2009, 12:00
so is this still happening this afternoon as well?

Yes, there are more bikes heading out there at 2pm and 3pm (the nice policeman is expecting you). The conference is due to finish around about then so you will see some of the VIPs leaving.

Hopeful Bastard
18th October 2009, 12:00

You mean one of these? http://www.tenob.co.nz/shop/Accessories/Horns+%26+Hailers/Gas+Filled+Air+Horn/Fog+Horn.html

Ixion
18th October 2009, 12:01
Yeah. that one's dear , but. need to check the $2 shops

klingon
18th October 2009, 12:19
You're welcome. ;)

Good work, Gwinchy!

cheesemethod
18th October 2009, 12:19
A megaphone or two will be a must for the BIKOI

TOTO
18th October 2009, 12:29
Nice to see so many people turn up on such a short notice. More protests needed :)

good one people :)

EatOrBeEaten
18th October 2009, 12:38
Good turn out that, really pleased that it stayed friendly and I think we showed ourselves in a really positive light :)

kASPer58
18th October 2009, 12:46
Top Job Troops.:clap: With you in spirit from work.:(

retro asian
18th October 2009, 12:48
Good stuff guys. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Has anyone forwarded photos + story from today to www.stuff.co.nz and tv3 e.tc?

Hopeful Bastard
18th October 2009, 12:49
Nice police turnout too! What did they think was gonna happen? You'd all get rowdy and throw your helmets at Keys car?

chanceyy
18th October 2009, 13:11
Top Effort guys & gals .. looks like some excellent learning curves that can only help the other protests, awesome that it was peaceful & well behaved :clap:

Ixion
18th October 2009, 13:27
A megaphone or two will be a must for the BIKOI

Sorry, I did ask if people could her, I'll shout a lot louder next time .

wingnutt
18th October 2009, 13:36
congratulations folks, sorry couldn't be there.

cheers,

gijoe1313
18th October 2009, 13:51
I'm just glad no ecilop sniper got me! :sweatdrop Well done everyone who showed up! Sorry I couldn't hang around for the whole shizbang - great to see so many concerned citizens of two wheeled contraptions turn up.

Good to see that it was a positive experience :clap: (maybe not for the stressed out Centra staff members trying to herd cats!)

Hanne
18th October 2009, 15:02
And we DID mange to eyeball the PM and Deputy Dude, who arrived a bit after 11, and wave signs at them.

Fine state the country is in when even the PM isn't on time.

Nah, reckon Key was tipped off that Squiggles and Jafa were bringing some of the uni guys along so factored in SMC time just for those who find mornings a challenge :clap:

I was impressed with how this went, everyone well behaved and waving but certainly making our presence felt. Some nice pics up. I take it these have been forwarded to various media, anyone had any replies?

gwigs
18th October 2009, 15:32
Next time we need more signs and banners....
I was one of the few who brought one...
Anyhow here,s a couple of pics

nothingflash
18th October 2009, 15:39
Yep - good on all involved!

dpex
18th October 2009, 16:16
I got a bit tired of waiting around outside the Nat Party bun-fight hotel, so suggested we all go in for a coffee. Expecting resistence and found none, a number of us plonked in the hotel's coffee bar.

Cam Calder (list MP) came up to us and had the good grace to admit that backbenchers are as about as much use a cat-flap in an elephant house, then asked us to enumerate the issues. So I took the floor.

The following was the statement I made to him.

I'd be keen to know if most agree that this is the proper thrust of our argument.

1. The proposed levy increases are a cynical attack on an easily attacked group.

2. The proposed levy increases are iniquitous for the following reasons...

a. The injury statistics lump registered road bikes with trail bikes, farm bikes, quad bikes and race bikes together, yet of the entire group:

b. Only road bikes require registration, and

c. Only road bikes require a warrant of fitness, and

d. Only road-bike riders are subject to minimum age requirements, and

e. Only road-bike riders require a licence, and

f. Only road-bike riders are subject to drink-drive laws, and

e. Only road-bike riders come under the scrutiny of law-enforcement

Put another way, road-bike riders are required to register their bikes, maintain them up to warrant fitness standard, ride then no earlier than age fifteen, pass a licence process, not ride having consumed alcohol sufficient to put us over the legal limit.

On the other hand, the other groups which form a large part of the injury statistics are constrained by none of these rules. And none of that group are required to pay any ACC levy unless they are employed, and then such levy is the same as we all pay, before we pay road-bike ACC.

Therefore, the point that the proposed levy is iniquitous is clearly proven.

That it is cynical is demonstrated by the fact that road-bikers are the only type of the group subject to lawful scrutineers (the cops and local authority ticket issuers).

His reply?

'Gee. I've never thought about it that way. What you all need to do is put those points into submissions.' A response which left me in no doubt that Cam will be forever a back-bencher.

Whereupon I asserted, 'You'll excuse our cynicism about the value of submissions. I have sent at least ten to the ETS panel and never had one acknowledgement.'

With that he bugged out.

But do most of you agree with the foregoing?

BTW: I went back for the afternoon protest shift. There was me and Paturoa. No cops, no security. So me and Paturoa sat outside the main doors for an hour, intent on telling Jonny what we thought, and discovered he'd left ages ago.

Oh well. At least we were there to make a stand.

One slight giggle was watching the Nats emerge. They could all see us as they approached the exit doors from within, and all averted their eyes as they came out.

oldrider
18th October 2009, 19:56
Well done all of you and from me, a personal thank you, for representing me!

Ixion asks for more noise, where were all the Stebel horns, I ask myself?

I think it was a very good start, most people seem to see the folly of the ACC statistical claims!

Yes, you done good, as they say in the westerns. Thanks again, John.

carver
18th October 2009, 20:39
good on you boys, im proud of you all.

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:41

Ixion asks for more noise, where were all the Stebel horns, I ask myself?

Trouble was, we all lined up along one sid eof the street , with the bikes parked up on the other side, to give a double presence (and also cover the chance of him sneaking in from the other direction.) But that meant that when the time came, we were on one side, our horns on the other. We wouldn't probably have had time to fiddle with ignition keys and blast the horn anyway, theywent past pretty fast.

GOONR
18th October 2009, 21:12
......But that meant that when the time came, we were on one side, our horns on the other. We wouldn't probably have had time to fiddle with ignition keys and blast the horn anyway, theywent past pretty fast.

But we do now know for next time :rockon:

klingon
18th October 2009, 21:33
When we did the initial ride-through of the hotel grounds, it was the sounding of horns that caused poor Mr Centra Staffer to suffer his conniptions. It is an airport hotel and conference centre, full of jet-lagged tourists who probably demanded a refund after being woken up at 10am on a Sunday by those naughty bikers. :clap:

The logistical constraints of the location (and our developing relationship with the very co-operative boys in blue) meant that the bikes needed to be parked legally. If we had stayed beside our legally-parked bikes we would have been further away from Mr Key's car window when he arrived.

More banners/flags would have been good, and some portable noise-making contraptions.

Apart from that I think it worked really well.

surfchick
18th October 2009, 21:48
Next time we need more signs and banners....
I was one of the few who brought one...
Anyhow here,s a couple of pics

O for awesome! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:
totally cool protest and piccies.

...better not anyone ever turn up to protest with an unrego or unWOF bike... lots of little quite piggies taking down no plates!

howdamnhard
18th October 2009, 21:53
Well done guys for making our presence known to the powers that be.

Thani-B
18th October 2009, 22:39
good on you boys, im proud of you all.

and girls..

some of my pics (see my album for the rest)

Little Miss Trouble
18th October 2009, 22:56
Was a good turn out:2thumbsup
will upload my photos tomorrow

Pixie
19th October 2009, 07:05
BTW: I went back for the afternoon protest shift. There was me and Paturoa. No cops, no security. So me and Paturoa sat outside the main doors for an hour, intent on telling Jonny what we thought, and discovered he'd left ages ago.

Oh well. At least we were there to make a stand.

One slight giggle was watching the Nats emerge. They could all see us as they approached the exit doors from within, and all averted their eyes as they came out.

I was there around 2:00,but didn't see anyone.So I thought the turn out must have fizzled.

P.S. I'm a little uneasy about shifting the blame onto the non registered bike groups.We need to unite all,even non bike motorists,if at all possible and oppose ACC on the basis it's run by wankers and is a load of crap.

terbang
19th October 2009, 07:20
Wow, I hope they felt the love... Watching from the other side of the planet (Warsaw) I can't help but feel a little helpless, but I'm really impressed and wish that I could have been there. Back in a month or so, so see ya there.

shrub
19th October 2009, 08:52
I'm a little uneasy about shifting the blame onto the non registered bike groups.We need to unite all,even non bike motorists,if at all possible and oppose ACC on the basis it's run by wankers and is a load of crap.

We need to unify and work together, and PRISM (Promoting Responsibility in Safe Motorcycling), a group of well known and well regarded motorcyclists has formed a lobby group. If you visit http://www.bikersagainstacc.org.nz there is heaps of info, and within the next 24 hours or so (the web designer has a full time job as well) there will be tools to make it easy to submissions, sample emails you can send to your MP, posters and flyersyou can print out etc.

They are in the process of securing support from some very well known (household name) Kiwis who are passionate motorcyclists and the national spokesman will be someone we all know of. The team includes professional web designers, professional marketing and public relations people and academics. They have access to a wealth of information and data, including stuff that isn't normally available to the general public and relationships with the media. They also have an in to both the politicial circles and ACC, so part of their strategy is also to work from within.

They have been talking to, and have the support of the various importers and industry groups, and are working with non-motorcycle groups who will be keen to align with and support us.

They are meeting daily to develop a well researched and professional strategy for bikers to participate in influencing change, including making it easy to make submissions, lobby your MP and organise a series of national protest rides and media events. They are very keen to focus the energy and passion this event has triggered to stop the levies, but also to use the momentum to put in place a national and credible motorcycle interest lobby group.

Skyryder
19th October 2009, 09:05
We need to unify and work together, and PRISM (Promoting Responsibility in Safe Motorcycling), a group of well known and well regarded motorcyclists has formed a lobby group. If you visit http://www.bikersagainstacc.org.nz there is heaps of info, and within the next 24 hours or so (the web designer has a full time job as well) there will be tools to make it easy to submissions, sample emails you can send to your MP, posters and flyersyou can print out etc.

They are in the process of securing support from some very well known (household name) Kiwis who are passionate motorcyclists and the national spokesman will be someone we all know of. The team includes professional web designers, professional marketing and public relations people and academics. They have access to a wealth of information and data, including stuff that isn't normally available to the general public and relationships with the media. They also have an in to both the politicial circles and ACC, so part of their strategy is also to work from within.

They have been talking to, and have the support of the various importers and industry groups, and are working with non-motorcycle groups who will be keen to align with and support us.

They are meeting daily to develop a well researched and professional strategy for bikers to participate in influencing change, including making it easy to make submissions, lobby your MP and organise a series of national protest rides and media events. They are very keen to focus the energy and passion this event has triggered to stop the levies, but also to use the momentum to put in place a national and credible motorcycle interest lobby group.

This is just the sort of thing that is needed. Some group that has knowhow, knowledge of the system and can bring together a diverse range of groups and indaviduals to present a united opposition.:clap:

Skyryder

Cr1MiNaL
19th October 2009, 17:25
Good stuff guys, well done. Wish I could have been there.

Little Miss Trouble
19th October 2009, 19:39
Here goes, the face of our friendly policeman friend is blurred so he doesn't have to shout morning tea at the office!

klingon
19th October 2009, 19:50
Here goes, the face of our friendly policeman friend is blurred so he doesn't have to shout morning tea at the office!

Nice Pics, Miss.L!

I'm still not exactly clear what happened at the gate. Rumour has it that the hotel staffer grabbed hold of someone's bike to stop them riding in, but I was on the other side of the car park at the time and didn't see it happen.

The woman in the pics who is in 'discussions' with the staff is Carolynn. She is not a KBer but is an experienced negotiator who excells at defusing heated situations. I would have loved to have been close enough to hear the conversation.

paturoa
19th October 2009, 20:00
I'm still not exactly clear what happened at the gate. Rumour has it that the hotel staffer grabbed hold of someone's bike to stop them riding in, but I was on the other side of the car park at the time and didn't see it happen.

Yeah, the staffer half stepped in front of the moving biker and half held up his hand in a sort of stop type gesture, as the rider was already half past him, the rider kept going. The staffer then ran after the biker and grabbed the still moving biker's clutch arm at elbow, several wobbles later coming to a stop and I thought there was a punch up about to ensue.

klingon
19th October 2009, 20:27
Yeah, the staffer half stepped in front of the moving biker and half held up his hand in a sort of stop type gesture, as the rider was already half past him, the rider kept going. The staffer then ran after the biker and grabbed the still moving biker's clutch arm at elbow, several wobbles later coming to a stop and I thought there was a punch up about to ensue.

Wow! :blink: One punchup would have ruined my whole day!

Just goes to show how volatile these situations are - if he had actually dragged the guy off his bike there would have been all kinds of chaos... and the hotel staffer wouldn't be in good shape at the end of it. :pinch:

Ixion
19th October 2009, 21:02
A hotel dude tried to punch out my mirror. I'm not sure if it may have been an accident but, he was a tad upset and waving his arms aorund (some sort of Continental, I guess).

Fortunately the BMW mirrors follow the general Panzerwagen design, and he just hurt his arm. I ignored it

Brian d marge
20th October 2009, 14:03
Yeah, the staffer half stepped in front of the moving biker and half held up his hand in a sort of stop type gesture, as the rider was already half past him, the rider kept going. The staffer then ran after the biker and grabbed the still moving biker's clutch arm at elbow, several wobbles later coming to a stop and I thought there was a punch up about to ensue.Ive
returned to that picture a few times , the guy leaning forward , arrogant prick , his body language ,

Hes the type that got bullied at school

Stephen

I always wonder , say the image was different ,,,say a scuzzy Hells angel on a rat bike

would brave boy be so brave

anyway good job on protest

Hopeful Bastard
27th October 2009, 16:05
Add to learnings:

Went to the $2+ shop.. They have them for $3.50

klingon
27th October 2009, 16:11
Went to the $2+ shop.. They have them for $3.50

I have been putting together fundraising Protest Action Kits here in Auckland. HB, you could buy a bunch of the $3.50 noise makers, take them along to your local protests, sell them to fellow bikers at a small profit, and (after you subtract your expenses) put the rest into the BIKOI War Chest to fund more protest action.

In Auckland our kits sell for $10 and have some combination of the following:

yellow fluoro vest
whistle
horn
hand-held noise maker of some kind
yellow balloons
black marker pen for writing slogans on vest and balloons

Go on, give it a go! It's fun! :woohoo:

Hopeful Bastard
27th October 2009, 16:21
I have been putting together fundraising Protest Action Kits here in Auckland. HB, you could buy a bunch of the $3.50 noise makers, take them along to your local protests, sell them to fellow bikers at a small profit, and (after you subtract your expenses) put the rest into the BIKOI War Chest to fund more protest action.

In Auckland our kits sell for $10 and have some combination of the following:

yellow fluoro vest
whistle
horn
hand-held noise maker of some kind
yellow balloons
black marker pen for writing slogans on vest and balloons

Go on, give it a go! It's fun! :woohoo:

Heh.. Sounds good.. Now i just need to find some Fluoro vests for cheap lol

twotyred
27th October 2009, 16:54
I'm betting if you are at the venue before the dear leader arrives, the blueshirts will move you on...

hope I'm very wrong.

GOONR
27th October 2009, 17:24
I'm betting if you are at the venue before the dear leader arrives, the blueshirts will move you on...

hope I'm very wrong.

If you park legally is there anything they can do about it?

twotyred
27th October 2009, 18:23
If you park legally is there anything they can do about it?

I think so, if they can class you as one group(which they will definately do with biker scum) they can make it an unlawful assembly, or one of several other crazy laws they have ready for such eventualities... but definately try,I'm not a naysayer here :Punk:

klingon
27th October 2009, 21:37
You do realise we've already been and gone and done it, don't you?

Nobody made us go away although apparently a hotel staffer tried to stop a moving bike by grabbing the rider's elbow. :crazy:

Anyway, we got John Key and his colleagues to notice us and talk about us inside the conference, so we're counting it as a success. :)

James Deuce
27th October 2009, 21:40
You do realise we've already been and gone and done it, don't you?

Oh for goodness sake, talk about killing the fun early!

I love it when little tits turn themselves into giant boobs and you've forced the issue to a head early.

Darn it.

Ixion
27th October 2009, 21:42
Nice friendly cops. On our side. Reminds me, we gotta advise them of the 10th Nov ride (and maybe the 31st too). I'll txt him. And the Thursday ride, though he might not be up for that. Rides a ZX10.

klingon
27th October 2009, 21:43
Oh for goodness sake, talk about killing the fun early!

I love it when little tits turn themselves into giant boobs and you've forced the issue to a head early.

Darn it.

Oops! Sorry to spoil your fun.

Shall I delete my post and let them continue?

James Deuce
27th October 2009, 22:20
Go on, they'll never notice!