PDA

View Full Version : Which muffler do you prefer?

serious4
18th October 2009, 08:04
Been look ing at the KTM 690 SM recently and the more I look at it the more I like it.

So I'm curious what you all think of the exhaust. If you were to buy it, which of the images below do you like?

I don't know a better way to set this up, so for reference just say 1 2 3 or 4 left to right, nice and easy.

Taz
18th October 2009, 08:23
Surely it comes with mufflers from the factory. A 690 Enduro would be a better buy then you can go anywhere.

serious4
18th October 2009, 08:56
Image 2 has the factory mufflers.

Nutter34
18th October 2009, 19:15
Get the SC-Project pipe. Pricey but top quality.

chelseapar
19th October 2009, 08:56
You check also tyga, sugaya, lomas, arrow? Good exhaust also. Must small that you photo.

vifferman
19th October 2009, 09:01
Why care what you think I? If so, must it 3 or 4.
But bike you will be yourself, so think what you most important, not us.

serious4
20th October 2009, 20:31
But bike you will be yourself, so think what you most important, not us.
Meh, I did it out of interest/boredom. I'd been off work for some 6 weeks in a cast and was running out of things to do. I agree about 3 and 4 :2thumbsupfor the after-market items. 3 looking a bit different to the dukes exhaust.

I quite like the original mufflers. Pretty radical but they've grown on me.

It's a bike you either love or love to hate with the mufflers playing a big part. It's always interesting to see what others think.

MacD
20th October 2009, 21:43
I'd been off work for some 6 weeks in a cast and was running out of things to do.

I thought you'd given up bikes for computer games!? ;)

serious4
21st October 2009, 13:57
I thought you'd given up bikes for computer games!? ;)

Ha... For the time being perhaps:o Sounds like the same could be said for you...;)

Devil
21st October 2009, 15:48
None of them. Get the Mivv Suono's. Or the Akra's of course.

serious4
26th October 2009, 09:16
Get the SC-Project pipe. Pricey but top quality.

That doesn't look too bad at all does it. Although I think the main reason for that is they've removed the rear mud guard etc.

None of them. Get the Mivv Suono's. Or the Akra's of course.

When you suggest this exhaust whats the main reason? You mentioned quality. Is that it? Or, are these units known to give more hp than others, longer life span, better sound? It couldn't be just the name? Could it?