PDA

View Full Version : BIKEOI - Hawkes Bay

Pages : [1] 2

yungatart
18th October 2009, 08:28
Okay boys and girls.
I have put my hand up to be Regional coordinator of our protest action against ACC levies.

1. I need some help...PM me if you are willing
2. Suggestions...what do we do to make the BIGGEST impact possible in HB
3. Who has contacts for other bike clubs in the area...
4. Dates?? Midweek? Who wil/can take time off work? We need to target our MP's, which is best done during the week, but Napier and Hastings are very busy on a Saturday...could be a good time to get Joe Public on side.
5 We can schedule more than one event...the more we get out there the more effective our voice is.

Lets all get behind this and make it work

Please keep this thread on topic

MSTRS
18th October 2009, 17:54
Yeah, come on people. Are you willing to rollover and spread 'em? This is a situation that is worse for us than cheesecutters are (you know what I mean).
Write to the paper. I have...
Motorcyclists are not prepared to accept being singled out for huge ACC levy increases through their registrations. No other motorist should either. The pool of funds is everyone’s resource, supposedly without favour. If this goes through, all you people with a (eg ) turbo fitted car will be next. Or a V8. Or any GT model. Or white Corollas. Because all of them feature highly in accident stats.
Statistics abound on motorcycle figures, some true, some absolute lies. Some are misquoted: - 16x more likely to have an accident? No, that’s 16x more likely to be injured. Car drivers are subsidising motorcyclists by $77 each? No, the figure is actually $16.61. And most licence-holding bikers also own cars, so we pay twice.
Motorcycle injury claims cost $62M in 2008? Sort of. It includes all claims still being paid from previous years. But the fully-funded model says that all claims prior to 2008 have been covered by levies collected prior to 2008! The 1336 new claims in 2008 come out at $26M. Only $12M received from levies? Registration stats suggest this should read $19M. So, ACC’s claimed shortfall of $50M is actually closer to $7M. ACC are trying to con everyone!!
I have discovered that any injury accident involving a motorised vehicle is covered by the motor pool fund. Here is where it gets interesting: - the average cost of injury treatment (initial and ongoing) is $24,434 car, $19,704 motorcycle, $21,967 pedestrian, $22,174 cyclist. Yes, cyclists and pedestrians are covered, as it should be under a No-Fault system, but where’s their contribution if User Pays is what we are to have? They must pay too. Or stay off the road environs.
Speaking of user pays, I have operated motorcycles and cars for 36 years. I have had one accident in that time and it was on a bike (my fault). Injury was minimal and, being in 1974, it was just before ACC came in. I learned a valuable lesson in paying attention! Unlike 42% of motorcycle/car crashes, I have been lucky, or skillful enough, to avoid car drivers’ lack of attention too. So I have a long history of not crashing and being hurt, where’s my No Claims Bonus? Incidentally, I have owned 7 of the worst size (ACC says) of motorcycle and most of my riding mates are much the same. Proof that the rider, not the bike, is the problem, statistics-wise.

Put in submissions on ACC's website, if you can get on it...I've had no success yet.
Grumpy is looking at whether he can do flyers. If he can, we'll need to work out what to say.
We need to fight this all the way.
HB's voice and presence needs to be loud.

RDjase
18th October 2009, 21:44
When and where ? I will round up as many bikes as possible. I have been talking to lots of riders that dont know anything about KB and what protest action is being planed. If we get some flyers out i can get them in all the wholesalers for engineering , electrical and automotive parts suppliers.
We cant let this happen and get screwed by ACC

McDuck
19th October 2009, 05:53
I can pull 5 non kbers from work and flatmates....

2wheeled Gasman
19th October 2009, 06:18
I will be there, and will pass the word around with others that dont know:headbang:

yungatart
19th October 2009, 06:48
Thanks guys. Passing the word around is good. I am trying to sort some flyers to be printed, will need help distributing them to bike shops, sticking on bikes, scooters too.
Are there many at EIT McDuck?
Any suggestions for a date?
Who can do midweek?

grusomhat
19th October 2009, 17:38
I'm in. Will try my best to attend anything that happens but I'm pretty busy at the moment with exams.

yungatart
19th October 2009, 17:44
Thanks young fella.
Still in the planning stages..if you have any ideas, put them in here...and watch this space!

yungatart
19th October 2009, 19:28
Mstrs just had a chat to the Ulysses guy...they will prolly join us in protest.

Gixxer 4 ever
19th October 2009, 20:48
I have given this a lot of thought. I will write a submission to this but it might not be how other feel.
If we, motorbike riders, are costing the sort of money it is claimed we are costing then shut up and pay up. However, and there is a big however, I note all farm bike accidents are put down as Motorbike accidents. I saw a lot of hurt people at the track on Saturday. Motorbike accidents? Or motorsport accidents? Motorsport in my mind. How many car vers bike accidents are actually bike accidents? If it is not established in court who was in the wrong it should be allocated to both parties. If it is the bikes fault it should allocated to the bike if the cars fault it should go to the car Etc etc. I will write the submission in time. Yes I am saying that people who race need to pay more. Sorry but after the weekend at the track I realised just how much motorsport is costing. I think it was 4 broken pelvises, one heavily bruised and a smashed AC joint. I don’t know what else but that’s enough for one day. So maybe the cost to enter for the day should carry a $100.00 fee for ACC not $10.00.

I also think we should have the choice to go private insurance if we want. I get a good rebate from my insurance company for no claim and get nothing from ACC. When we had private insurance, a few years ago, for the business we took on the liability for the first grand and our accident insurance drop massively. So let us choose. Anyway this has probably been thrashed to death on here but I can’t be bothered to read it all. So that’s how I see it. If I can help with stuff let me know.

But lets get out there and make an impact. Not just a nice ride to wellington on a Saturday and get fobbed off but a fucken big slow ride in peak traffic. This must not just be a KB thing.

Well done to J & J for starting action.

Grumpy
19th October 2009, 20:59
I'm in to help out, that goes without saying. I've been keeping an eye on the threads that have been busy on the site and there has been some really good points made. Any date been set yet for a sit down. It's a hell of a lot easier to discuss this stuff in face to face. Takes me an age to type out what I'm thinking ..... and then I've forgotten what I started out say by the time I get to the end. For example, I started typing this last night.:(

crazyhorse
19th October 2009, 21:01
No way I can make it during the week. But I do agree with Steve. Too many accidents of all sorts involving bikes are put against motorcycle accidents, thus our levy increases and has this impact they want to project to us through ACC.

I too have medical insurance, and thank God I do, ACC let me down a few years ago for a home accident. But I do think it should be a user pays system.

Dr Wong
19th October 2009, 21:13
Perhaps a nationally coordinated protest would be better if a date is set, not a week day. Would make better media coverage which is what we need. I take it there is no date set for anything yet or am I wrong. Whos going to do that? Lets see what comes out of the Bronz meeting perhaps. Sooner the better.

McDuck
20th October 2009, 05:29
Are there many at EIT McDuck?

There were a few doz last year, should be a good for a few flyers...

yungatart
20th October 2009, 06:57
John and I are coordinating BIKEOI HB..which will happen just before the National BIKEOI.
We need to make noise locally as welll as nationally.
It looks likely the national one will be on Nov 15 AND 17 in Welly. The Sunday to allow maximum numbers, the following tuesday at parliament, for those who can stay over/live near or are local. This will be confirmed in the next day or two.
You can choose to do either day or both. There are offers of accomodation for those from out of town. Will post the link...T shirts are available, these are designed to wear OVER your leathers, there is a thread about that too.
Please talk to your non kb freinds about this..it is really important that we get big numbers.
Things you can do now
1 Talk to other riders about it...scooter riders too
2 Make a submission...please don't copy and paste, as all similar submissions are counted as one. Submissions close on Nov 10
3 Write to MP's
4 Write a letter to the Editor
5 Subscribe to this thread, so you can see what is going on

Thanks all...watch this space

MSTRS
20th October 2009, 07:53
tshirt orders (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110492)
welly accom (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110370)
points for submissions (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109986)
sanx stats (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110116)
submission info (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109890)

McDuck
21st October 2009, 07:37
BTW if you need any help that i can do let me know :)

Gixxer 4 ever
21st October 2009, 21:28
So as I see it. We are riding in Wellington on the 15 and 17 Nov? The 15th being a Sunday and the 17th being a Tuesday. The day Parliament reconvenes. Is that correct? What time are these organised for? Are we meetiong with Palmy etc? Who is going? I might do both rides but favour the 17th.

yungatart
22nd October 2009, 07:00
So as I see it. We are riding in Wellington on the 15 and 17 Nov? The 15th being a Sunday and the 17th being a Tuesday. The day Parliament reconvenes. Is that correct? What time are these organised for? Are we meetiong with Palmy etc? Who is going? I might do both rides but favour the 17th.

You are correct!
I am unable to do the 17th, Steve (NCEA and all that) but John is definitely going.
We will be co ordinating with those south of us so that our numbers are pretty decvent long before we get to Wellington. Times are still to be sorted, please just keep an eye on this threadinfo will be posted up as it comes to hand.

We are looking at a regional protest on the 14th (but I have to confirm that we can meet with Chris Tremain that day or there is no point)

Thanks for you support.

grusomhat
22nd October 2009, 07:38
Lame, sorry guys probably won't be able to make any of those dates. Will try for the 14th depending on the timing but I have an exam in the afternoon.

nzkgb
22nd October 2009, 22:03
Hi guys

Wana help out with getting the mesage out & what ever else needed. I do lots of traveling around the bay so when a local date is set I can post flyers around.

Will be going to Wellington on the 15th if any one else keen, can get a Non KR members along for the ride

yungatart
23rd October 2009, 08:25
Hi guys

Wana help out with getting the mesage out & what ever else needed. I do lots of traveling around the bay so when a local date is set I can post flyers around.

Will be going to Wellington on the 15th if any one else keen, can get a Non KR members along for the ride

Thanks for that!
And welcome to KB!

I will be in touch when everything is sorted...
Grusomhat..I'm sure we can find a wee job for you, so that you can still contribute!

louieville
23rd October 2009, 08:42
yea im keen to try and stop this bull shit before it gets us :argh::beer:

triumph02
23rd October 2009, 10:54
hey man there is heaps of us in hawkes bay that will ride through to wellys for the cause we just need to know where and when
would be good to get a good turn out form the trusty bay boys and girls cheers triumph02

grusomhat
23rd October 2009, 10:55
Does anyone know the timing yet for the 17th? Would love to ride down after exams but need to know if it's worth it.

MSTRS
23rd October 2009, 11:02
Going to Welly on the 17th....
No plans have yet been formulated for that. Perhaps those that wish to, can toss it about in this thread? Some digging will be reqd through the other threads to determine meeting points, times etc. Can't just arrive at Parliament in scattered bunches...destroys the impact.
Me personally, will be going down the line on Monday after work...plan to stay with KBers perhaps in Carterton and join with them for the ride into Welly.

MSTRS
23rd October 2009, 11:13
Actually, nothing has been set in concrete yet, for ride meeting points etc. YT or me will pop that info in here, once we have it.
P/Nth is prolly the best staging point for HBers. Current thinking seems to be a kick off from there at 8.30am 17/11.
That's an early start from here though....

yungatart
23rd October 2009, 12:00
Ulysses are doing their own form of protest ride in Welly next Sat 31/10.
I believe all are welcome to join them, as well. This might be a good option for those who can't make it on the 17/11. Get in touch with Chanceyy or DaveReid for details.
Alternatively, drop Ian Stuart a line at hawkes-bay@ulysses.org.nz
Edit: I believe that these are REGIONAL meetings.

wickle
23rd October 2009, 13:27
Article in Dominion today talking about two meeting places then leaving at co-ordinated time to join up and ride in Wellington (sug speed of 85km)

goldgal
23rd October 2009, 18:22
Hi there, unable to help out in Napier/Hastings however shall be on road for 17th Nov.Just thought to show solidarity between us all on the road ,we could wear a yellow armband, tie something yellow to bike. This would also bring awareness of protest to other road users. Dont like idea, dont have to do. Am passing the word hear in Central HB about ways to protest and the ride.

Spyke
23rd October 2009, 18:27
if you need a scooter in the mix i'll be there. but I'd have to stick to 50kph roads

MSTRS
23rd October 2009, 19:18
Scooters welcome...the local event will be 50 k roads...bring your mates too.
YT has been talking to all the scooter riders at school...should be a good turnout.

Gixxer 4 ever
23rd October 2009, 20:01
I note some problems sorting a date for the Wellington ride. Could you let us know what day and time they settle on. Our Dial up is a pain and it is hard to locate anything cos there are so many threads. Is it true that some think the 17th is to late as the submissions close on the 10th? I have a feeling this whole thing is going to fall flat and we will have no voice if we don’t get this sorted in an orderly manner soon.

I would help to organise and feed back here but it is just a mess the way K/B is organised and we are hamstrung with this dial up. Keep feeding info in here J&J so we can keep up. Thanks you 2

Are BRONZ waiting to set the date for Wellington? or have they done it? I note their web page has not been updated here. http://www.bronz.org.nz/acc.html

Cloggy
23rd October 2009, 20:24
The 17th of November now seems to be set in concrete for the national ride on Parliament.
The plan to date: (to be confirmed by the organisers / BRONZ, until such time this is just a heads up.)
There are two meeting places in Wellington. One is outside the Police College in Porirua, the other is at the duckpond in Avalon Park, Lower Hutt.
The two groups will leave within 2 minutes of each other at around 11.30am in order to converge at the Ngauranga interchange where SH 1 and SH 2 meet. From there it sounds like there will be a regroup on Jervois Quay outside the stadium on the LH side of the road. We'll then have Police at the intersections to give us a clear route through to Parliament.
Hopefully we will be allowed on Parliament grounds. If not then the Wellington City Council will close one lane of Molesworth Street outside Parliament to give us room to park thousands of bikes.
All this was discussed at a meeting we had last night in Lower Hutt but until you get confirmation from your local Bikoi co-ordinator or national organisers and/or BRONZ these arrangements could be modified both in respect to time and meeting locations.

Gixxer 4 ever
23rd October 2009, 21:19
Thanks for this info. :2thumbsup
So on the 17th we should ride to P/North. Leave Napier at 6.00am to meet the group in P/North and leave with them at 8.30am to meet up with the Porirua group. So we have the start of a plan. If anyone hears of other groups in Hawkes Bay with a plan, please post it here. A good start I think

The 17th of November now seems to be set in concrete for the national ride on Parliament.
The plan to date: (to be confirmed by the organisers / BRONZ, until such time this is just a heads up.)
There are two meeting places in Wellington. One is outside the Police College in Porirua, the other is at the duckpond in Avalon Park, Lower Hutt.
The two groups will leave within 2 minutes of each other at around 11.30am in order to converge at the Ngauranga interchange where SH 1 and SH 2 meet. From there it sounds like there will be a regroup on Jervois Quay outside the stadium on the LH side of the road. We'll then have Police at the intersections to give us a clear route through to Parliament.
Hopefully we will be allowed on Parliament grounds. If not then the Wellington City Council will close one lane of Molesworth Street outside Parliament to give us room to park thousands of bikes.
All this was discussed at a meeting we had last night in Lower Hutt but until you get confirmation from your local Bikoi co-ordinator or national organisers and/or BRONZ these arrangements could be modified both in respect to time and meeting locations.

Ronin
23rd October 2009, 21:31
Going to Welly on the 17th....
No plans have yet been formulated for that. Perhaps those that wish to, can toss it about in this thread? Some digging will be reqd through the other threads to determine meeting points, times etc. Can't just arrive at Parliament in scattered bunches...destroys the impact.
Me personally, will be going down the line on Monday after work...plan to stay with KBers perhaps in Carterton and join with them for the ride into Welly.

Hmmm coming down for Pizza?

MSTRS
24th October 2009, 08:14
I've not organised anything for a group meeting point/start off time for these parts.
I could 'just decide something and tell you lot' but since I'm going the day before, it wouldn't be right. Does someone want to step up for that job? I will assist, of course, in the planning part. We should make up a small poster, which I can do and print off a bunch, to be put in gassy/shop/various windows to catch the eye/s of as many HB bikers as poss.
At this point, leaving here to meet with Manawatu-ians would be best I think. It does mean an early start tho, cos they leave their meeting point (not arranged, but prolly on The Square) at 9am. They are then meeting the Levin group at FAT BOYZ BAR behind the Cobb and Co on SH1 . They leave there at 10am.

Gixxer 4 ever
24th October 2009, 13:21
I've not organised anything for a group meeting point/start off time for these parts.
I could 'just decide something and tell you lot' but since I'm going the day before, it wouldn't be right. Does someone want to step up for that job? I will assist, of course, in the planning part. We should make up a small poster, which I can do and print off a bunch, to be put in gassy/shop/various windows to catch the eye/s of as many HB bikers as poss.
At this point, leaving here to meet with Manawatu-ians would be best I think. It does mean an early start tho, cos they leave their meeting point (not arranged, but prolly on The Square) at 9am. They are then meeting the Levin group at FAT BOYZ BAR behind the Cobb and Co on SH1 . They leave there at 10am.

Hawkes Bay riders for the Wellington protest over the ACC, on the 17 NOV 2009, meet in the front car park of the Green arena, by Subways, at 6.00am for a 6.30 departure. It would be best if Hastings riders came to this meeting point as well or joined in at the end of Links road at 6.35am. The ride will leave at 6.30 sharp. Catch up if you are late but we will not wait. Sorry but it has to be organised.

Ride down H/W 50 and on to Palmerstone North to meet their group at 9.00am.

Then on to Levin. Team up there and depart for Wellington at 10.00am

The ride home can be as a group or to suit you and your mates.

Do you have a flier planned John or do you want me to make one? If you have one please send it to me and we will go to a copy company and get it copied. Then we need to get it to the riders to distribute all around the Bay. Specially B/Fuel and all the bike shops. Also all the clubs and pubs. A big job and we need help to do that.

I see some of you have offered already. Please PM me your contact details and we will get a hold of you. Once the fliers go out we can not change anything so I will double check the itinerary.

wickle
24th October 2009, 13:26
Hawkes Bay riders for the Wellington protest over the ACC, on the 17 NOV 2009, meet in the front car park of the Green arena, by Subways, at 6.00am for a 6.30 departure. It would be best if Hastings riders came to this meeting point as well or joined in at the end of Links road at 6.35am. The ride will leave at 6.30 sharp. Catch up if you are late but we will not wait. Sorry but it has to be organised.

Ride down H/W 50 and on to Palmerstone North to meet their group at 9.00am.

Then on to Levin. Team up there and depart for Wellington at 10.00am

The ride home can be as a group or to suit you and your mates.

Do you have a flier planned John or do you want me to make one? If you have one please send it to me and we will go to a copy company and get it copied. Then we need to get it to the riders to distribute all around the Bay. Specially B/Fuel and all the bike shops. Also all the clubs and pubs. A big job and we need help to do that.
get some posters to me and I'll get them into most of the BP sites run by our group

MSTRS
24th October 2009, 13:40
Do you have a flier planned John or do you want me to make one?

Thanks so much, Steve,
Yes, I have a flier that I have almost got ready. I want to incorporate the HB ride that we think will be Sat 14/11. Waiting for response from Chris Tremain...
I will post up a jpg once it's settled and everyone can print a few off themselves. That's what I will be doing.

This is Palmy's poster http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129477267&postcount=29 this states meeting places and times to join up with Manawatu riders. Ours is similar...but not complete

froggyfrenchman
24th October 2009, 13:46
Hi guys and gals.
Life is way too hectic to make the welly rides.
But keep me posted on any local action and i will bring a few more bikes along.

yungatart
24th October 2009, 13:53
I note some problems sorting a date for the Wellington ride. Could you let us know what day and time they settle on. Our Dial up is a pain and it is hard to locate anything cos there are so many threads. Is it true that some think the 17th is to late as the submissions close on the 10th? I have a feeling this whole thing is going to fall flat and we will have no voice if we don’t get this sorted in an orderly manner soon.

I would help to organise and feed back here but it is just a mess the way K/B is organised and we are hamstrung with this dial up. Keep feeding info in here J&J so we can keep up. Thanks you 2

Are BRONZ waiting to set the date for Wellington? or have they done it? I note their web page has not been updated here. http://www.bronz.org.nz/acc.html

Steve, National protest day is definitely the 17th. It has been chosen as it is the first day Parliament is in session after submissions close.
There are lots of things going on behind the scenes, and I know it is frustrating to try and find stuff, but rest assured, this is not going to fall flat! The planning is carefully being done, keep checking back in this thread for details when they come to hand. (To subscribe to it...go thread tools, subscribe..etc..keeps it up in your User CP area when new posts are made)

Cheers for all your efforts too:Punk:

MSTRS
24th October 2009, 14:24
For those who can join the Ulysses ride on 31 Oct. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110861

Taserdar
24th October 2009, 19:30
:2guns:

The 17th sounds good with Mps sitting that day ,I am planning on attending that run if it is finalized and comfirmed to tie in with Palmy/Wel groups.
Will be taking time off work for it I am guess alot of people will be aswell should have an effect in its own right.

More details of a local would be good also like meeting points times if anyone has plans/ideas maybe something like at The Sound Shell with a ride to Napier and Hastings MPs offices via Motorway or Marine Parade or something similar from hastings in reverse ??

Having an event where locals who cant or are unable to make a long-distance trip would be good. Thou Swaying any local MPs wont take much effect as any Inhouse votes are Party votes and I highly doubt any of our Mps would cross the floor and vote against party lines.(Party meaning National Party )

Speaking with folk via work should get a good attendance for both and not alot of the people I know are even in Bike Clubs.:chase:

Vern
24th October 2009, 20:16
Yeah you can count me in on our one and the Wellington one on the 17th but I might join in at Palmerston North. Vern

Grumpy
24th October 2009, 20:56
Boss all softened up to the idea of me being missing in action for a day. Tyre bought and ready to go on. Date marked on calender in red felt tip ...... bring on the 17th Nov.

Awesome job you guys are doing to get us rat bags co-ordinated. Well done.

Gixxer 4 ever
24th October 2009, 21:29
Nice to see some support. Yep most of us will have to take time out from work and as you say it will have an effect in it’s own right.
Keep the support coming.

Nice to see you on line Froggy man. Been a long time mate. :)

Gixxer 4 ever
24th October 2009, 21:45
This ok for shops etc?
Edit: Removed flyer till official flyer is published. Hope it doesn’t take to long ppl.

wickle
25th October 2009, 06:12
my computer does not like your flyer doc, no speakee that type

grusomhat
25th October 2009, 07:29
I think your file may be corrupted. All I get is an empty document.

P38
25th October 2009, 07:36
I'm in for the 17th ride to Wellywood and would definately like the chance to ride to meet our local MPs too.

yungatart
25th October 2009, 08:31
Thanks for the support, folks.
A local event is in the planninng stages for those who can't make the trip to Welly....we are waiting to confirm dates but hoping for Sat 14th
Hold off on the flyer, Steve, for the moment, we have branding and logos to add, but the info is great.
Having a four day weekend at this particular time is seriously hampering our efforts!

MSTRS
25th October 2009, 09:12
More details of a local would be good also like meeting points times if anyone has plans/ideas maybe something like at The Sound Shell with a ride to Napier and Hastings MPs offices via Motorway or Marine Parade or something similar from hastings in reverse ??

Welcome along. Yes - a local ride is being planned. We want to 'front' at least one of the local MPs, but until I can get confirmation that he/they can be at their office/s, and when...there is no point in announcing that ride.

Good one Steve, on the flyer. I have one in the draft stage that covers both 'events'. As above, I can't release it for use, until MPs are set. If they can't/won't - does anyone have a suggestion on what to do locally instead?

wingnutt
25th October 2009, 15:05
count me in for the 17th, and hopefully the 14th. can help handing out flyers etc.

cheers,

bob

MSTRS
25th October 2009, 15:09
For those who might prefer to make their own way...keep an eye on this post (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129477728&postcount=1)
Will need to link up with the big group at some point, eh?

crazyhorse
25th October 2009, 15:53
Unfortunately I am unable to attend. You will all be in my thoughts on the day though.

yungatart
25th October 2009, 18:59
Probably best to go via SH 1...I know its boring but Rimutaka Hill Rd is undergoing roadworks...expect delays....it is probably not the best option!

grusomhat
25th October 2009, 19:05
When are they actually starting on it? I went over Yesterday and the only visible works is a short 50km/h stint where there's no apparent road works.

yungatart
25th October 2009, 19:06
Thanks for that GH...I thought it was already in motion...I'm sure I've seen it on KB....it must be true!
I will check and confirm....

MSTRS
25th October 2009, 19:33
There are 3 corners on the U/Hutt side that are going to be completely changed. This job is supposed to take a couple of years. The whole hill has been yellow-lined as a start. The actual roadworks 'could' start anytime. The protest is still 2 weeks away. So, unless you know different on the day, best go through the Gorge.

Vern
25th October 2009, 21:05
Hey I have put my name down on the spreedsheet as I will be there but I have to go to Palmerston North if all goes to plan, if not I will start from here. Vern

MSTRS
26th October 2009, 08:27
Good man, Vern. Not everyone wants to get up at sparrow's, so may wish to go down the line on Monday and stay where-ever. For that reason I will ensure that I keep up with the meeting times etc elsewhere and post them here if they change. I don't think they will tho...
So...
Pettigrew-Green at 6.00. Leave by 6.30
P/North The Square carpark 8.30. Leave by 9.00
Levin behind Cobb'n'Co SH1 9.30. Leave by 10.00

At the Welly end there are two kick-off places
Papakowhai (after the Mana roundabout, there is a set of traffic lights below the Police College on the left...turn up there) They leave at 11.30
Or...
The Duckpond, Avalon (travelling south on Western Hutt M/W, go left across the Kennedy Good bridge). They leave at 11.30

The idea is that the two groups will merge as they reach the bottom of Ngauranga Gorge.

MSTRS
26th October 2009, 11:37
For anyone who is wanting to go through the 'rapa and over the 'takas...PM Junkmanjoe. He will be able to confirm any roadworks etc

MSTRS
26th October 2009, 16:43
Someone told me that these are appearing (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129480167&postcount=16) around the place. One even found it's way to my place....It would be terribly sad if the rest of HB didn't see some evidence as well. Don't you think?

grusomhat
26th October 2009, 18:19
Someone told me that these are appearing (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129480167&postcount=16) around the place. One even found it's way to my place....It would be terribly sad if the rest of HB didn't see some evidence as well. Don't you think?

Is their a higher quality copy of that flyer around? If so I'll see where I can get it put up! I can hopefully get a copy of it up at BP Taradale road and a few other places around where I live. Or are there copies being printed that will be circulated?

It's looking like I won't be able to attend any protest rides with the current dates so I'll do what I can with other stuff.

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 08:00
Is their a higher quality copy of that flyer around?

I believe so. It might require the use of e-mail tho...

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 09:34
Chris Tremain is NOT available on the 14th. I can get an hour on the 7th, but YT + I are not around.
Maybe we need to look at just doing something for the media. You know, get a reporter (Roger Moroney? He's a biker from way back and bound to be sympathetic) and a group of us together somewhere.
Or try Craig Foss for the 14th? Or Rick Barker (also rides).
I would have preferred a National MP tho, since it is them that is at least partly behind this bullshit.

carl freimann
27th October 2009, 11:48
estimated time to pass through norsewood??? i pick about 7.30 can try to get a few bikes to join run from here, has anyone contacted the Waipawa MC???

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 13:33
More the merrier! 7.30 Norsewood would be about right. The guys leaving at 6.30 are going down HW50.
I've not contacted anyone from Waipawa. If you could and can direct them to this website/forum, that would be great.

BTW - I've just been told that the 7th is also out. I think he has wind of 'us' and is avoiding??? Apparently 28/11 'works' for him. Too late, so useless.
Still trying to get Craig Foss. BUT I'm thinking that a newspaper event might be best after all.

pipson
27th October 2009, 13:39
Chris Tremain is NOT available on the 14th. I can get an hour on the 7th, but YT + I are not around.
Maybe we need to look at just doing something for the media. You know, get a reporter (Roger Moroney? He's a biker from way back and bound to be sympathetic) and a group of us together somewhere.
Or try Craig Foss for the 14th? Or Rick Barker (also rides).
I would have preferred a National MP tho, since it is them that is at least partly behind this bullshit.

Does any one know where Chris Tremain's boys play rugby. We could get him at the game.

Gixxer 4 ever
27th October 2009, 13:40
estimated time to pass through norsewood??? i pick about 7.30 can try to get a few bikes to join run from here, has anyone contacted the Waipawa MC???

Might be better to pick us up at the end of H/W 50 or go directly to P/North and we all meet there. Would be better to ride in a group to P/North I recon. Call and invite as many as possible. Welcome to K/B by the way.

As John said (MSTRS) no contact has been made to Waipawa. Could you do that? Cheers

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 13:47
Does any one know where Chris Tremain's boys play rugby. We could get him at the game.

I'd love to doorstep him, but in reality that would do us no favours. We are not a lynch mob. If he won't agree to an hour on 14/11, we can possibly use that as propaganda. (Napier MP Chris Tremain thinks little of bikers' concerns). But we shouldn't trap him somewhere.

Steve...Norsewood is fine as pickup. You still have to go 'through' the place...

Gixxer 4 ever
27th October 2009, 13:48
Now I might be out of line here but I would ask that all the bikes joining the ride to P/North on the morning of the 17th, that choose to leave at 6.30am are riders that can comfortably ride at 100 kmh. If you feel that is not something you can do, due to your bike or riding experience please be at the arena by 6.15 to leave early. We are on a tight time schedule and must make P/North in two hours and fifteen minutes. It is about 200km. But the trip has a few 50kmh areas.

We are all going to need fuel before Wellington so think about this before you leave Napier . Some of us will fill in P/North and some Woodville and Dannevirke etc to brake up the time lost waiting for a pump.

Any comments on this MSTRS and TART?

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 13:52
The flyer will say "Meet at 6am" no mention of leave time. P/N is a little under 200km, but good point about gas. Most will be looking to fill at 200/250 intervals.

Gixxer 4 ever
27th October 2009, 14:07
The flyer will say "Meet at 6am" no mention of leave time. P/N is a little under 200km, but good point about gas. Most will be looking to fill at 200/250 intervals.

I see Ixion is talking about 8.00 outa P/North. If the Auckland group are in P/North we are gong to have a few bikes. I would still like to see the P/North group leave as a group. I recon the ride to Levin will let us get to see how the group rides together. I would rather do that out P/North than to close to Wellington. But lets see what happens in the planning stages over the next week. I still think a 6.30 start time here will work fine for most riders.

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 14:23
The organisers are now talking about staggered leaving times. This will relieve some of the congestion, and allow slower riders to get a bit of a head start. The further down the line, the bigger the group/s will be.

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 14:33
Right - I've just got off the phone to Craig Foss's PA - it looks hopeful. Keep you posted...

pipson
27th October 2009, 15:17
I'd love to doorstep him, but in reality that would do us no favours. We are not a lynch mob. If he won't agree to an hour on 14/11, we can possibly use that as propaganda. (Napier MP Chris Tremain thinks little of bikers' concerns). But we shouldn't trap him somewhere.

Steve...Norsewood is fine as pickup. You still have to go 'through' the place...

I agree we are not a lynch mob but if he will not agree to meet with us we can still ride past the game but not stop on our way to meet with someone. We all know Chris is a .......

Gixxer 4 ever
27th October 2009, 16:20

Yes it is, thanks. But Waipawa people..... end of H/W50

I have cut this quote from here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129477728&postcount=1 I thought it was worth reading and it is a good Directive IMHO.

When in Wellington.

"There will be heavy media presence, if asked, refer the media person to one of the coordinators, our standard line should be 'see our spokesperson' to anything except "where have you come from?"

MSTRS
27th October 2009, 16:38
Shamelessly pinched from another thread...

"Oh those motorcycles are terribly dangerous things. I've hit three of them"...
Reaching minds like that is a difficult thing...

carl freimann
27th October 2009, 21:30
have got at least six confirmed from norsewood and probably another six from dannevirke, will contact dannevirke MC and Waipawa MC, am trying to get a few ACT m.p.s to meet us at parliament(they liked the harley at the confrence) stayupright!!!:angry2::woohoo::rockon:

MSTRS
28th October 2009, 07:15
have got at least six confirmed from norsewood and probably another six from dannevirke, will contact dannevirke MC and Waipawa MC, am trying to get a few ACT m.p.s to meet us at parliament(they liked the harley at the confrence) stayupright!!!:angry2::woohoo::rockon:

Can you leave that? That sort of thing is being organised by StoneY. Best not to have too many fingers in the pie. Anyway, I seriously doubt that there would be a polly who is not aware we are there...
But great to hear you have a contingent lined up to join in!! :niceone:

pipson
28th October 2009, 15:56
I have handed out about 15 poster for the National protest ride to the 4 bike shops in Napier & Bay View, Bay View holiday park & other places & people that have bikes. I will be there & have got one more from Otane.

yungatart
28th October 2009, 15:59
Awesome!

Did you get the one with the correct times...as in 12 midday not 2 pm for parliament?

pipson
28th October 2009, 16:09
Awesome!

Did you get the one with the correct times...as in 12 midday not 2 pm for parliament?

No time on it, just Tuesday 17th Nov 6am Pettigrew- Green Arena, 6.30 depart for P/N, Levin 10am for Wellington. I hope it is the write one.

yungatart
28th October 2009, 16:10
No time on it, just Tuesday 17th Nov 6am Pettigrew- Green Arena, 6.30 depart for P/N, Levin 10am for Wellington. I hope it is the write one.

Thats perfect!

McDuck
28th October 2009, 17:39
Looking better than 50/50 odds for me coming. The honda shop guy thinks he has a spare foot peg at home (good barsted) so all i will need is a wof, some rego (which i think mum and dad are going to pay for, my perents rock) and a full licence and i will be set to go! (only 3 weeks left to do it lol)

MSTRS
28th October 2009, 17:41
...my parents rock...

I'll confirm that once they've paid mine as well. I'd be happy with 3 months, if that helps...

McDuck
28th October 2009, 17:43
I'll confirm that once they've paid mine as well. I'd be happy with 3 months, if that helps...

I will see what they say.... :calm:

MSTRS
28th October 2009, 17:50
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/rba1_45.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=F96248E29EDD0687F44AE57FBF16ED54

McDuck
28th October 2009, 17:54
Well i am sure if you drive to whakatane and mow his lawn for him he will think about it...

MSTRS
28th October 2009, 19:27
Hey guys - can you just wait for the 'official' flyer to be released for use?
There is a local event coming too. And it needs to be on the same flyer
Thanks

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 12:57
FINALLY!!!
Craig Foss has agreed to meet a 'delegation' of all comers. Will be the afternoon of 14/11.
Venue TBA ... Can anyone suggest somewhere in Hastings or Havelock that would handle what may be a large number?
I'm also open to suggestions (quickly please) for a kick off place.

pipson
29th October 2009, 15:00
FINALLY!!!
Craig Foss has agreed to meet a 'delegation' of all comers. Will be the afternoon of 14/11.
Venue TBA ... Can anyone suggest somewhere in Hastings or Havelock that would handle what may be a large number?
I'm also open to suggestions (quickly please) for a kick off place.

Maybe start Napier aquarium through Napier, Kennedy Rd, Taradale ??, Motorway, left into Omahu Rd & through Hastings to Havelock North. ( Possabley Guthrie Park, Andreson Park or one of the high school??)

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 15:13
Executive decision has been made.
The flyer is attached...print and distribute at your will!

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 15:32
I have been asked to distribute this, by the local Ulysses chapter. Anyone is welcome to join them.

The Saturday October 31 ACC Action Day is on.

Anderson Park Napier, Auckland Road car park at 11.40am ...

This will be an opportunity to protest in Napier, be a visible presence. The idea is not to ride ... but to gather as a group, make our presence felt. There will be an opportunity to talk about future protests, BRONZ action etc etc ...

pipson
29th October 2009, 15:53

The printer is working as I type. I will drop them into the places I went to before. Do you want me to print some smaller one & put them on bike around town when I see them or not? I will be thinking of you on the 31st I will be in Taupo for the post classic races then back up on Sunday for the Bike Rider Summer Series.

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 16:08
We'll be in Taupo too. May be at a funeral on Sat arvo, but otherwise at racing both days.

louieville
29th October 2009, 18:29
do we all have to register for the ride to parliment?

Gixxer 4 ever
29th October 2009, 20:27
do we all have to register for the ride to parliment?

No but it will give the organizers some idea of how many might go. Might help to plan, but very few will register IMHO.

Gixxer 4 ever
29th October 2009, 20:46

I have printed it and in my opinion it is not clear enough to read. It is very wordy and might not get peoples attention at a glance. But it has the info.

Sorry to see the meeting place is in P/North ( on the 17th ) and the ride from here is in the little print at the bottom of the page. Never mind it is out there now so lets go forward.

What time is the meeting with Foss? Are you going to have a ride on the 14th or just meet in the park?

yungatart
30th October 2009, 06:37
I have printed it and in my opinion it is not clear enough to read. It is very wordy and might not get peoples attention at a glance. But it has the info.

Sorry to see the meeting place is in P/North ( on the 17th ) and the ride from here is in the little print at the bottom of the page. Never mind it is out there now so lets go forward.

What time is the meeting with Foss? Are you going to have a ride on the 14th or just meet in the park?

Meeeting in the park at 1pm to ride over to Hastings and meet with Craig Foss at 2.

Pettigrew Green Meeting time is on the poster, Steve under the National ride info. Poster has the same logo/branding as the other areas. Sorry you don't like it.

MSTRS
30th October 2009, 08:10

I spent a long time designing it, bearing in mind that (mostly) it isn't a HB thing...
The whole point is to present a united national response, one that is (or will become) recogniseable via the logo. Some background details were necessary. As far as P/N goes, that is one of the 2 main staging points for those coming south. Not everyone is keen to get out of bed at 5am, not everyone is on KB, and not everyone lives in Napier. So letting those people know to meet at P/N was more important than the Taradale kick off point. It is a way of giving those people a choice.
The other thing was that the ONE poster covers both days. If you saw a poster about one event, then later another one appeared for the other event, you are likely to not read it since "I've already seen that"...
Plus I needed to address the scooterists too. They need the opportunity to be counted, but a 300km x2 ride is not for them.
There was a lot to fit in on an A4 sheet.

chanceyy
30th October 2009, 13:28
Mstrs/Steve we have a map of levin to get to meeting point without having to go through town .. you want a copy .. its really easy route ??

MSTRS
30th October 2009, 14:02
Thanks Chanceyy - whack it on here.

Gixxer 4 ever
30th October 2009, 16:50
Sorry you don't like it.

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. Just got in from work. Everything is good. The info is out there and people know what is on. Lets keep going forward.
Thanks for the reply John. Cheers

We hope to be on the ride on the 14th.

Gixxer 4 ever
30th October 2009, 16:53
Thanks Chanceyy - whack it on here.

Yep what he said. Thanks Chanceyy

Taserdar
31st October 2009, 16:08
Anyone attend the Ulissies meeting at Anderson park .. I was going to but took bike for a run up napier/taupo to get some Kms in.

What was covered etc / Who recieved em aswell.:angry2:

Gixxer 4 ever
31st October 2009, 16:44
Anyone attend the Ulissies meeting at Anderson park .. I was going to but took bike for a run up napier/taupo to get some Kms in.

I would be keen to know as well....... What does the mad face mean? Did you get a ticket today?

Taserdar
31st October 2009, 16:53
Naw... BUt I recon if anyone did front the gathing they woulda seen plenty of them

I went on road to get some hill work in made a few alterations to my bike for the wellington trip as I usally just ride round town on it with a few trips to Ypawa/Ypuk and I kinda forgot about the meeting till I was about to head out

I am so ready for a bigger bike :/

wickle
31st October 2009, 17:51

work down the road seemed a fair number of bikes around this morning althou traffic washeavy owing to expressway closed owing to accident on bridge

Conquiztador
2nd November 2009, 00:09

Yep. I did with my son. Knew nothing of this before reading HB Today at 10am on Saturday...

Was to run from 11.30 to 1pm. We rocked up at 11.30 on our bikes. Approx 50 bikes and nothing happening. After approx 20 min we started contemplated the pub. Then a chap took the mic and told us he was Ulysses something. He had a 5 min speech where he got of track starting to talk re how ACC levies for everyone will go up. Fair enuf, but we were there for the higher ACC costs for bikers... He told us about the 14 and 17 Nov rides, but made it sound as Ulysses was organising them... Then he asked if anyone else wanted to talk. Nobody did. There was a photo taken by a reporter and that was it.

We were gone by just after 12.00. Not much of a protest. No politicians there. No bike shops. No ride. Only thing that they had was that poor "Who's next" A4 b/w poster. We made no waves, Joe Blow had no idea we were there.

MSTRS
2nd November 2009, 07:46
...Only thing that they had was that poor "Who's next" A4 b/w poster. ...

Which they got from KB, anyway.
I guess it was Ian, the guy you mention? He told me some time ago, that Ulysses would not be protesting 'as an organisation'...I guess they still aren't, as such.
However, as individuals, we need them, because we are all motorcyclists, and we are all liable to a shafting. I think you will find a number of them attending the 14th and the 17th.
If necessary, I will make sure that he knows that these days are on behalf of all riders, and no-one in particular.

Conquiztador
2nd November 2009, 08:09
Which they got from KB, anyway.
I guess it was Ian, the guy you mention? He told me some time ago, that Ulysses would not be protesting 'as an organisation'...I guess they still aren't, as such.
However, as individuals, we need them, because we are all motorcyclists, and we are all liable to a shafting. I think you will find a number of them attending the 14th and the 17th.
If necessary, I will make sure that he knows that these days are on behalf of all riders, and no-one in particular.

Don't get me wrong: At least they were doing something, and he told us that all HB politicians had been asked to front up, but none did. Just felt that if you do something then it could have a little more umph. I am sure all of us there would happily have had a ride through Taradale and Napier, stopped in the towns and told everyone around what it was about.

Taserdar
2nd November 2009, 19:17
Well the old fashioned way of Word and mouth works Let other know about the KB site and the planed rides .

Has the Local HB ride been posted on un-comming events on the Main KB boards ? also let people know about the National Run on the 17th 6.00am at Petigrew Green Arena leaving 6.30am to join in at Palmerston Iircc.:innocent:

Conquiztador
2nd November 2009, 19:52
A small article with a photo in todays HB Today from this. There is also info re the coming rides.

yungatart
3rd November 2009, 06:39
The local event is in the calendar. I am working my way round putting up posters, even have a couple plastered on the car.
Lets all get out there and make this really successful!:yes:

MSTRS
3rd November 2009, 13:20
We have a kickoff place, we have a ride plan (subject to change), we have tentative destination.
If the weather is fine, what we have planned will work. And well.
BUT
If it's wet, we need a large-ish indoor venue to head to.
Come on...someone must know of a suitable place, as a back up.

Gixxer 4 ever
3rd November 2009, 16:58
If it's wet, we need a large-ish indoor venue to head to.
Come on...someone must know of a suitable place, as a back up.

There is actually. Down in Meeanee by the speedway. There is a very big covered in arena. I think it is used for horse training or riding for the disabled or something. I was the bouncer there a few years ago for an event. It is big and cheap to hire from what I was told. Anyone know anything about it?

MSTRS
3rd November 2009, 17:09
I know the place. Would really prefer to have something in Hastings. Or Havelock North even. It's Foss that we are meeting, and ideally it should be in his area. Besides, we want to ride through Napier, Clive and Hastings for impact.

McDuck
3rd November 2009, 17:21
I know the place. Would really prefer to have something in Hastings. Or Havelock North even. It's Foss that we are meeting, and ideally it should be in his area. Besides, we want to ride through Napier, Clive and Hastings for impact.

Would we need to get bikes inside?

yungatart
3rd November 2009, 17:48
No, just bods..if it rains...
Meh, I just think we can all wear our wets and a cap and stand aroiund outside his office..he'll be the only one that gets wet!

chanceyy
4th November 2009, 09:32
as you come into Levin from Shannon you will turn into Queen St, Turn left at first roundabout (Batholomew Rd) take first Right (Bath St), go over railway lines & through lights, New World Carpark on your left, we are directly ahead on the far side behind cobb & co

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Arapaepae+Rd&amp;daddr=Queen +St+East+to:Bartholomew+Rd+to:Bath+St+to:-40.623627,175.284505&amp;geocode=FQAjlP0d_xJzCg%3BFf4V lP0dJtVyCg%3BFXQOlP0dkM9yCg%3BFYYelP0dFKpyCg%3B&amp;hl =en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=2&amp;mrsp=4&amp;sz=16&amp;via=3&amp;sll=-40.624784,175.294054&amp;sspn=0.011987,0.02738&amp;ie=UTF8 &amp;ll=-40.6248,175.294075&amp;spn=0.015635,0.027466&amp;z=15&amp;outp ut=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=Arapaepae+Rd&amp;daddr=Que en+St+East+to:Bartholomew+Rd+to:Bath+St+to:-40.623627,175.284505&amp;geocode=FQAjlP0d_xJzCg%3BFf4V lP0dJtVyCg%3BFXQOlP0dkM9yCg%3BFYYelP0dFKpyCg%3B&amp;hl =en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=2&amp;mrsp=4&amp;sz=16&amp;via=3&amp;sll=-40.624784,175.294054&amp;sspn=0.011987,0.02738&amp;ie=UTF8 &amp;ll=-40.6248,175.294075&amp;spn=0.015635,0.027466&amp;z=15" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

MSTRS
4th November 2009, 09:38
Thanks Chanceyy. So, we turn into the NW carpark and just head through to the back?

chanceyy
4th November 2009, 11:54
Thanks Chanceyy. So, we turn into the NW carpark and just head through to the back?

you will see the bikes John, Fatboyz bar is opp corner to the supermarket and when you come in the entranceway for new world (only 100 odd meters through lights) you pretty much go straight ahead

yungatart
4th November 2009, 14:56
Thanks so much Chanceyy :2thumbsup

Taserdar
4th November 2009, 21:31
I am gonna stick to a groupI am hopeless at directions and know about as much about anything south of woodville as much as I do the vatican city :/ :girlfight:

ROMG even maps dont save me lollers

yungatart
5th November 2009, 06:33
You'll be right Taserdar...just follow the leader.
Make sure you are at Pettigrew Green Arena before 6 all fuelled up and ready to go!

Hope you guys are all putting up posters and talking to folks.
Have you got your submissions in yet? They close next Tuesday.
How about a letter to the editor....

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2009, 09:21
[QUOTE=yungatart;1129497087]
Make sure you are at Pettigrew Green Arena before 6 all fuelled up and ready to go!

[QUOTE]

At 6 is fine. And as da lady said, Full of fuel and food. It is going to be a long day.

wingnutt
5th November 2009, 10:43
much as I'd like to be with you folks, i'm leaving a little earlier than 6.30. mainly because I'm an old bugger, and need to take a break here and there.

catch up with all at Levin. and 14th.

cheers,

Bob

MSTRS
5th November 2009, 10:59
We don't care. What's important is that you ride, and will be there to support ALL motorcyclists in their fight against the juggernaut.
Good on you.

MSTRS
5th November 2009, 11:29
Check out (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111815) what the pricks are up to now

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2009, 12:55
Check out (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111815) what the pricks are up to now

Can you point me to a place, on here ,that has the facts on why we are protesting this? What are the representatives going to say on our behalf? One of the reasons I was going to protest was, incorrectly as it would appear, that all motorcycle accidents where listed as motorcycle accidents. IE farm etc. But if that is not the case, what are the grounds we are protesting on?

MSTRS
5th November 2009, 13:31
Can you point me to a place, on here ,that has the facts on why we are protesting this? What are the representatives going to say on our behalf? One of the reasons I was going to protest was, incorrectly as it would appear, that all motorcycle accidents where listed as motorcycle accidents. IE farm etc. But if that is not the case, what are the grounds we are protesting on?

What facts do you need pointing at? I know you are on dialup and that's a pain, but there's thread after thread with the sort of claims/bullshit ACC are dribbling.
For instance, your question re what is a motorcycle claim...
I don't know for sure, AND NEITHER DO ACC, that motorcycle claims are all on the road. There is good evidence out of Waikato Hospital that riders presenting for treatment are put on the claim form as having had a motorcycle accident, with no requirement for location to be recorded...yet as many as 80% of them were dirtbike riders. Who don't pay a levy on those machines. ACC lumps them in the cost side of things., and it's one of the reasons that there is a big difference between their crash numbers and those of the MOT. I can't speak for farmbike accidents, but one does have to wonder...
ACC is apparently losing money? Oh really? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111751)
You can find some interesting things in here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110784)...ao, and here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109976) too.

MSTRS
5th November 2009, 16:25
As far as what our representatives are going to say, the guts of it is here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111647)

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2009, 16:48
As far as what our representatives are going to say, the guts of it is here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111647)

Well done and thanks John. Thats what I wanted. Cheers mate.

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2009, 16:54
ACC is apparently losing money? Oh really? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=111751)
You can find some interesting things in here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110784)...ao, and here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=109976) too.

Green bling but gota spread it round………….. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Taserdar
8th November 2009, 12:17
Go Look over at the Tauranga thread there Run was the 7th 1100 bikes couple of video shots on the thread aswell.

Typical response from an MP thou Make a submission is about as goos as he got, Not surprising thou IMO.

Taserdar
9th November 2009, 19:46
Just need to find out the planned route down are we going through Otane/Waipawa/Waipukarua or are we going Via Onga Onga .. Its just that I know a few people (also the WMC riders might need the info )that are based in Waipawa area and I was assuming we were going that way , So if not I am guessing they will need to ride down to the End of SH50 out the back of Ypuk if going Via Onga Onga.

pipson
9th November 2009, 21:27
Just need to find out the planned route down are we going through Otane/Waipawa/Waipukarua or are we going Via Onga Onga .. Its just that I know a few people (also the WMC riders might need the info )that are based in Waipawa area and I was assuming we were going that way , So if not I am guessing they will need to ride down to the End of SH50 out the back of Ypuk if going Via Onga Onga.

Check out #69 of this thread.

MSTRS
10th November 2009, 16:54
Right. Most stuff is set for this Saturday, EXCEPT I have no idea how many will turn out.
Taranaki expected 30-40 and got over 300
Tauranga expected ?? and got over 1100.
Ours could be huge as well (I hope so) and that means ride marshalls are going to be needed.
Can I please have some volunteers? And I imagine a get-together to thrash out any possible issues before Sat would be a good idea.

Gixxer 4 ever
10th November 2009, 17:51
Right. Most stuff is set for this Saturday, EXCEPT I have no idea how many will turn out.
Ours could be huge as well (I hope so) and that means ride marshalls are going to be needed.
Can I please have some volunteers? And I imagine a get-together to thrash out any possible issues before Sat would be a good idea.

Can you give us a ride plan for this John? Meeting with W tonight to sort out the rider briefing for the 17th so we could discuss this ride as well.
Cheers

MSTRS
10th November 2009, 18:22
Ride plan/s...
Group 1…scooters and mopeds….
This group will leave the park directly after rider briefing, accompanied by a lead rider and a tail end charlie (both accomplished riders on motorcycles). The route taken is as follows
Guppy Rd - Meeanee Rd - HB Expressway - Pakowhai Rd - Heretaunga St -
King St
Group 2 ...100kph-capable motorcycles
This group will also leave from Anderson Park
Route as follows
Kennedy Rd - Tennyson St - Marine Parade - Clive - Karamu Rd - St Aubyns St - King St

The destination for both groups is the office of Craig Foss
MP for Tukituki.

Gixxer 4 ever
10th November 2009, 18:36
Ride plan/s...
This group will leave the park directly after rider briefing, accompanied by a lead rider and a tail end charlie (both accomplished riders on motorcycles). The route taken is as follows
King St
Route as follows
Kennedy Rd - Tennyson St - Marine Parade - Clive - Karamu Rd - St Aubyns St - King St

MP for Tukituki.

Can you please edit the times in to this so we can cut and paste it in to word and print it. Thanks Looks like a good ride. Cheers

Conquiztador
10th November 2009, 18:48
Typical response from an MP thou Make a submission is about as goos as he got, Not surprising thou IMO.

Be interesting to see what we will be told as today was the last day for submissions...

nana_mac
10th November 2009, 20:43
What time departure from Anderson Park as ZuKin's brother will be joining in this ride. His name is Zac McIsaac

Conquiztador
10th November 2009, 20:50
What time departure from Anderson Park as ZuKin's brother will be joining in this ride. His name is Zac McIsaac

Be at Anderson Park @ 1pm Saturday 14 November.

Here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2234&day=2009-11-14&

pipson
10th November 2009, 20:57

You can count me in as a marshall if need be. Regards Andrew

GMcC
10th November 2009, 21:04
Can lend a hand as well

Gixxer 4 ever
10th November 2009, 22:01
Be at Anderson Park @ 1pm Saturday 14 November.

Here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2234&day=2009-11-14&

Thank you. So hard to find the info on here. Have got 9 subscriptions just to keep up with this stuff. We will be there and I am sure Wasp27 and D will be.

Wasp27
10th November 2009, 22:16
I am sure Wasp27 and D will be.
Yep, sure will..... looking forward to it. Cheers W

yungatart
11th November 2009, 06:32
Thanks guys...can the marshalls meet at our place on Thursday night...about 7 pm?
Pm me or John for the address....
Looking forward to getting this show on the road!

MSTRS
11th November 2009, 07:42
Can you please edit the times in to this so we can cut and paste it in to word and print it. Thanks Looks like a good ride. Cheers

Can't put times in. Other than meet at Anderson Park at 1pm. 2 groups leaving (in opposite directions) at 1.30ish. Arrive at Hastings around 2pm.
Perhaps the leave time could be changed if 30 minutes to Hastings is considered too tight.

Conquiztador
11th November 2009, 08:51
I realised yesterday that this HB BIKEOI is not on Silver Bullet. I have now added it there:

http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/event.php?id=7232

yungatart
12th November 2009, 07:06
REMINDER!!
Meeting tonight 7pm at our place for those who have volunteered to be marshalls on Saturday.
PM Mstrs for the addy
See you all tonight

yungatart
12th November 2009, 15:11
Apparently a couple of MP's want to join us on Saturday....

Conquiztador
12th November 2009, 15:40
As long as they ride bikes. ;)

Gixxer 4 ever
12th November 2009, 20:14
Hi People. A big change is on the cards for the H/B group going to Wellington on the 17th. Wasp27 and I had a meeting to night and have made the call. We will not go to P/North. Lots of reasons. No need to explain here other than to say P/North is going to be very busy with all the Auckland bikes and their ride planning is a massive job. We don't need to go to P/North so have pulled the pin on that part of the ride. We will go directly to Levin and drop in to their meeting place. We are unlikely to join any planned ride from there. We will refuel and take our group, da H/B group, to the Police collage and join the Police controlled ride from there.

We will give a rider briefing on the morning of the 17th and make final decisions on how the ride is to be structured then. We have 2 plans that will work depending on who comes along for the ride. I will update this as needed. Any questions please PM me or ask here so others can read the replies. Cheers

GMcC
12th November 2009, 20:17
We will give a rider briefing on the morning of the 17th and make final decisions on how the ride is to be structured then. We have 2 plans that will work depending on who comes along for the ride. I will update this as needed. Any questions please PM me or ask here so others can read the replies. Cheers[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve - I will be heading down with yous so.........
We keep in touch
Holler if you need a hand mate

Gixxer 4 ever
12th November 2009, 20:32
Cheers

[/QUOTE]

Are you riding this Saturday? If yes can we catch up and chat about the ride on the 17th? Might have a job for you.

GMcC
12th November 2009, 20:50
Are you riding this Saturday? If yes can we catch up and chat about the ride on the 17th? Might have a job for you.[/QUOTE]

Sure am so yea we will get there 1/4 to 1

Gixxer 4 ever
12th November 2009, 20:56
Are you riding this Saturday? If yes can we catch up and chat about the ride on the 17th? Might have a job for you.

Sure am so yea we will get there 1/4 to 1[/QUOTE]

Cheers I will be at the park around 1ish for the 1.30 kick off. See you there.

Conquiztador
13th November 2009, 07:40
We will not go to P/North. Lots of reasons. No need to explain here other than to say P/North is going to be very busy with all the Auckland bikes and their ride planning is a massive job. We don't need to go to P/North so have pulled the pin on that part of the ride. We will go directly to Levin and drop in to their meeting place. We are unlikely to join any planned ride from there. We will refuel and take our group, da H/B group, to the Police collage and join the Police controlled ride from there.

Good plan. I like!

Clean_up
13th November 2009, 14:47
Hey everyone from the sunny HB :) Im an auckland rider who is riding down on monday, but then i am planning on heading to your wonderful neck of ythe woods on tuesday after the protest to visit family. Are many of you planning to ride home on tuesday afternoon after the rally? If so, could i please tag along? I would much appreciate following a few up to Napier, as i havent driven let alone riden the riad from wellington to napier, and some local knowledge would be good. Either just reply or PM me with some details on how to locate you after the rally please.

Grateful Aucklander.

:wari:

yungatart
13th November 2009, 16:17
Hey everyone from the sunny HB :) Im an auckland rider who is riding down on monday, but then i am planning on heading to your wonderful neck of ythe woods on tuesday after the protest to visit family. Are many of you planning to ride home on tuesday afternoon after the rally? If so, could i please tag along? I would much appreciate following a few up to Napier, as i havent driven let alone riden the riad from wellington to napier, and some local knowledge would be good. Either just reply or PM me with some details on how to locate you after the rally please.

Grateful Aucklander.

:wari:

We are coming home on Tuesday avo/evening (whenever the traffic clears)
Will send you a pm with contact details

Maha
13th November 2009, 18:57
Have a great ride/day tomorrow HB people, all the best and kick arse, I would expect nothing less :rockon:

Conquiztador
13th November 2009, 21:11
We are coming home on Tuesday avo/evening (whenever the traffic clears)
Will send you a pm with contact details

Yep. Work on Wednesday and it is only a couple of hours of plesant riding. ;)

nana_mac
13th November 2009, 23:23
Have a great day today for your ride in the Hawkes Bay. My thoughts will be with you all. Enjoy, ride safe. All the best.

Wasp27
14th November 2009, 04:26
Have a great day today for your ride in the Hawkes Bay. My thoughts will be with you all. Enjoy, ride safe. All the best.
Hi Nana Mac, you and your family are never far from our thoughts as well... Cheers W

Mom
14th November 2009, 06:37
Hi guys, we have a stunning day up here for our ride. Hope you have the same down there! Have a good one, I know we will!

yungatart
14th November 2009, 06:55
Hi guys, we have a stunning day up here for our ride. Hope you have the same down there! Have a good one, I know we will!

It is gorgeous here today!:sunny:
All the best for your ride!

yungatart
14th November 2009, 07:23
I may need to shoulder tap a few of you for extra marshalls depending on the numbers who turn up.
Please step up and help if I ask.
We need this ride to be incident free, everybody's safety is paramount!

grusomhat
14th November 2009, 07:25
Good luck with the ride today everyone.

Gixxer 4 ever
14th November 2009, 09:25
For the people that don't know. I have had calls asking.
Assemble Anderson Park 1pm.

Ride plan/s...
King St

Route as follows

MP for Tukituki.

McDuck
14th November 2009, 10:23
I may need to shoulder tap a few of you for extra marshalls depending on the numbers who turn up.
Please step up and help if I ask.
We need this ride to be incident free, everybody's safety is paramount!

If you need my help feel free (i will be on the bike :)

Wasp27
14th November 2009, 10:54
For the people that don't know. I have had calls asking.
Assemble Anderson Park 1pm.

Ride plan/s...
King St

Route as follows

MP for Tukituki.
Just to define it one step further....because you can go either way. We are heading to the corner of King Street North and Queen Street West.

Wasp27
14th November 2009, 11:05
It is gorgeous here today!:sunny:
All the best for your ride!Its not gunna last folks.... there's a weather bomb going to hit Canterbury in 4 hours and Wellington in 10. they're expecting extremely high winds and lots of rain...even talking of roofs getting blown off. Hey, dont shot da messenger :bash:... thats how I heard it ;-)

yungatart
14th November 2009, 11:08
....but....here it is a stunner!!!
And, TBH, that is all I care about right now!

GMcC
14th November 2009, 15:53
Well done J & J that was a really great turnout with 220+ bikes there - we picked up a few on the way
Auk got 300 so we did darn NEAT !!!!
Excellant once again :rockon:

P38
14th November 2009, 16:16
A big "Well Done" goes out to all the organisers of this ride.

and a huge

"Good On Ya" to all those Motorcyclists who turned up in support.

You can all feel proud of what you have achieved today.

It was a bloody good turn out and people weren't afraid to speak up.

I'm sure Craig Foss will have been left today with no misunderstanding of what our message is.

Next stop Wellywood. :scooter:

This is just the begining.

Spyke
14th November 2009, 16:31
Sorry I couldn't make it I had work.

Sounds like it would have been amazing to be there thanks for passing on the message to craig foss for all the bikers that couldn't make it!

Taserdar
14th November 2009, 16:48
I got some good pics from today but there all 1.2meg in size and no clue how to size em down so I can up load em for yas :/

Was neat watching the build up thou got there a bit early and watched everyone comming in was neat, Good turnout , Good Ride , Good Speaches , Well done to the organizers and ride marshals.

Added em to my Facebook page :http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=616&id=100000411100045&saved#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000411100045
add me if needed to veiw
Ill try the editor too.

grusomhat
14th November 2009, 17:41
I got some good pics from today but there all 1.2meg in size and no clue how to size em down so I can up load em for yas :/

Was neat watching the build up thou got there a bit early and watched everyone comming in was neat, Good turnout , Good Ride , Good Speaches , Well done to the organizers and ride marshals.

Awesome. Download IfranView (http://www.irfanview.com/) and resize them using that.

Taserdar
14th November 2009, 18:01
:woohoo:

Hope this works only shots from Anderson Park .

pipson
14th November 2009, 19:49
As one of the marshals today I would like to thank John & Janet for organising today, the other marshals for helping today. I would like to thank the other 200 riders for turning up today. I have some photos for you all.

MSTRS
14th November 2009, 20:00
As one of the marshals today I would like to thank John & Janet for organising today, the other marshals for helping today. I would like to thank the other 200 riders for turning up today. I have some photos for you all.

The thanks go to all those who helped it go smoothly. And for the vests.

NZsarge
14th November 2009, 20:02
Brilliant work by all those involved in today's effort, top marks you guys, well done. :niceone:

pipson
14th November 2009, 20:04
More photos.

chanceyy
14th November 2009, 20:12
Congrats Guys

looks like the weather may improve again for tues so hope its a dry one for the bikeoi, everything is organised for tues, just hope the weather plays ball (along with all the riders ) :whistle:

pipson
14th November 2009, 20:13
More photos

NZsarge
14th November 2009, 20:13
Congrats Guys

looks like the weather may improve again for tues so hope its a dry one for the bikeoi, everything is organised for tues, just hope the weather plays ball (along with all the riders ) :whistle:

Yes, today was but a wee wee portion of what we can expect on tuesday...

chanceyy
14th November 2009, 20:18

ahh yes Sarge hence why the coordinators & levin & palmerston had a meeting several days ago & several contingency plans are in effect :blip:

of course they will be number dependant however we will have enough marshals to deal with those contingencies, and the police are onside & will be assisting from 9-10am

ynot slow
14th November 2009, 20:31
Well done to the organisers,hope you had all the help you needed and heaps of volunteers,afterall it IS in OUR benefit this cause,and without ORGANISING people our voice would not be heard.

Speaking of heard I think I heard ya here Janet.The weather god played ball today,hopefully an omen for the big thrust to Welly.

Well done to all participants.Hopefully no incidents,unlike today when getting petrol in car,saw a nice gixer get(almost) cut off by a car on a dangerously straight piece of road by BP Rangitikei,just as well the bike rider had a huge finger to wave,or the cager might have hit him.:bash:

yungatart
14th November 2009, 20:45
Thanks to each and every one of you who turned up and behaved!!
Well done!
Thanks Pipson for the photos and the vests (courtesy of Pacific MCC).
Thanks to all the marshalls...you guys are staunch!
Thanks to the weather gods to......
Lets rock on to parliament now.....
and then time to organise some other little shows of resistance:blink:
Post your ideas in here guy...remember that Tuesday is only the beginning, not the end!

NZsarge
14th November 2009, 21:08
Post your ideas in here guy...remember that Tuesday is only the beginning, not the end!

I saw no one put their had up when you asked if anybody did'nt understand the concept of staggered riding, unfortunately there were a few who either did'nt understand and were'nt up to admitting it or they choose to ignore the ride brief you gave, not to mention NO PASSING, at one point I felt like I had a sign on my back pass me I dare ya! Anyway all things told it went well really, just getting some small shit off my chest, rant over, chill pill taken..

yungatart
14th November 2009, 21:17
Who John?
I will deal to them if you can tell me.....

chanceyy
14th November 2009, 21:35
and then time to organise some other little shows of resistance:blink:

hmmm I have an evil plan or two :devil2: but will wait til aft tues :yes:

along the lines of organised chaos :whistle:

McDuck
14th November 2009, 21:46
I saw no one put their had up when you asked if anybody did'nt understand the concept of staggered riding, unfortunately there were a few who either did'nt understand and were'nt up to admitting it or they choose to ignore the ride brief you gave, not to mention NO PASSING, at one point I felt like I had a sign on my back pass me I dare ya! Anyway all things told it went well really, just getting some small shit off my chest, rant over, chill pill taken..

A few? There were about 8 in front of me in a nice neat line down the middle of the lane lol

It was really good, and a massive 'first' real ride in 6 odd months, now i am looking falward to a full licence (before xmass) and bigger and triumphie things lol

Conquiztador
14th November 2009, 21:59
Thanks to J & J. Respect!

I liked Nash!

But that Craig fulla... He was brave to see us I give him that. But he has no idea what he is on about. Clearly had a read last night and tried to memorise it all. But I assume he had his orders: Tow the Party Line. If he thinks thats it from the bikers, he has missjudged us.

P38
14th November 2009, 22:22
Thanks to J & J. Respect!

I liked Nash!

But that Craig fulla... He was brave to see us I give him that. But he has no idea what he is on about. Clearly had a read last night and tried to memorise it all. But I assume he had his orders: Tow the Party Line. If he thinks thats it from the bikers, he has missjudged us.

At least Craig turned up, shows his strength of character.

His mate Chris was conspicuious with his absents.

I believe Craig did listen to us and I believe he will take this up with the ACC minister.

However your right when you say He has to "Tow the National Party Line".
Unfortunately for us the National party line is "Privatise ACC".

Yes Nash did speak well and made a some very vaild points in a short space of time. He will go far in politics and any support for our cause at this time is very welcome.

Just remember this when you next get to Vote.
Votes is the only way to drive your message home with any Politician.

nana_mac
14th November 2009, 22:29
Well done the Bay and to all those that organised this ride. To Janet and John you did the Bay and others who helped proud. Along with the marshalls who gave up there time well done. great pic's posted, a great turn out in beautifull HB weather.Good luck to all biker's for Tuesday my thoughts will be with you all.

GMcC
15th November 2009, 06:48

Fair to say..................

GMcC
15th November 2009, 06:59
[QUOTE=P38;1129514705]At least Craig turned up, shows his strength of character.

Yes Nash did speak well and made a some very vaild points in a short space of time. He will go far in politics and any support for our cause at this time is very welcome.

Does the name Walter Nash ring a bell...........................

yungatart
15th November 2009, 07:42
We tried unbelievably hard to get Chris Tremain...he is apparently a very busy man...

Personally, I would not want to be in Craig Foss's shoes...faced with an unknown number of angry bikers (especially given the media portrayal of us), he was very friendly, went out of his way to accomodate us and appeared to be genuinely listening to our concerns. He has promised to take a copy of my speech to parliament and address our concerns there.

He endeavoured to answer as many questions as possible, never got riled or angry, although at times he appeared very uncomfortable.

The guy deserves top marks, I reckon!

wickle
15th November 2009, 07:52
Craig Foss like all policitions( Real estate agents,Insurance agents, car salesman and anyone else trying to sell u something) never answer a question directly but with something you what to hear!

NZsarge
15th November 2009, 08:18
I liked Nash!

I saw him being nothing but opportunistic, he's a politician after all, i'm sorry but I can't ever feel like I can put too much faith in a politicians.

martybabe
15th November 2009, 08:44
Congratulations from the Naki . Great turn out. Well done J and J, top job.:apint:

MSTRS
15th November 2009, 09:01

He did take the opportunity to make some political hay...I'll give you that. But then, this whole issue IS political, so I'll take the support from whatever quarter it appears. We don't have to accept any trade-offs either...

I meant to ask him if there was a familial link. Old Wally was from different times....he used to take the train in to Welly everyday. My old man often sat beside him and chatted about shit (as you do). How many pollies do that nowadays?

NZsarge
15th November 2009, 09:33
Who John?
I will deal to them if you can tell me.....

Umm, there was a dude on a Triumph Bonnie, and some dude with walking sticks attached to the back of his bike and.... :laugh:

Taserdar
15th November 2009, 09:36
[QUOTE=P38;1129514705]At least Craig turned up, shows his strength of character.

Aye He is Walter Nash's Grandson was in a flyer that went round at the start of the year after Fairbrother Assed out , Way I see it , Its Tremain vs Nash in war of surnames to mindless voters who dont bother to find out whats on the dinner plate come election time.

Gixxer 4 ever
15th November 2009, 11:05
Yesterday was great but be carful we don’t get sidetracked here on politics. Some of the other threads have and they end up lost with “he said she said” and “I think”…… and the reason for the protest is lost.
Well done J&J and bring on Tuesday. I feel the tension in the air with the planning of this ride. The Wellington end is bloody scary. Bring it on…………..

yungatart
15th November 2009, 11:13
Scary...hell yes!

At the end of the day though, we have to trust the organisers in Wgtn. They have done a massive job putting this together and got the police on side to help us out.

Ride your own ride
Be aware of others around you
Make sure you have an escape route at all times
Consistently scan ahead for hazards
Be relaxed but alert
Obey the marshalls/police

And trust...yourself, your bike and those around you!

It will be all right on the day!

Wasp27
15th November 2009, 11:55
He..... chatted about shit (as you do). How many pollies do that nowadays?
Well J, here's a flash....they all do :msn-wink: As my Grandad used to say...'Talks cheap.... and benzine costs money' I dont suppose we can't really expect Mr N*A*S*H to remember what things were like when Auntie Helen took the chair... after all he was still s(h)itting in three cornered pants in those days. Of course Stuart we all realize that one year ago after 9 years of Labour guidance, ACC was overflowing in spare cash and every bloody thing in the garden including that obnoxoius Dr Micheal was absolutely rosy..... NOT!!! I thought Mr Foss did a good job under the circumstances... and believe he will do his best to represent the feeling of dissatisfaction expressed by the group.... but in saying that... I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments expressed by some that with this issue and indeed upcoming issues we have up our sleeves will I have no doubt ... put votes on the line. We are a force to be reckoned with.... as long as we remember 'We are here for a long time... not just a good time'
:niceone: Roll on Tuesday
cheers W

P38
15th November 2009, 15:05

A Grandson I believe.

yungatart
15th November 2009, 15:08
Follow up to yesterdays protest ride

I have written an article and sent it along with photos to Napiermail.
I have been on the phone 3 times with HB Today, and sent them photos.
I have emailed Craig Foss, expressing our thanks for meeting with us and listening to us.

mowgli
15th November 2009, 19:23
Rode HB-Palmy today. Road works north of Waipukurau were pretty well swept by traffic over the weekend. A bit lumpy in places but otherwise fine. Newbies may be warned about this stretch but shouldn't be worried. Heads up, bars loose, let the bike do as it will.

Underneath every road bike there's a dirt bike trying to get out :scooter:

MSTRS
15th November 2009, 19:56
Most will go HW50. Nicer road too.

Charlied1
15th November 2009, 20:12
Well done with the ride, Thought the riding was very well behaved. Looks like the Nats are planning to let it go private. Best wishes with the ride on Tuesday. Wish I could be there but working away this week

GMcC
15th November 2009, 20:24
He did take the opportunity to make some political hay...I'll give you that. But then, this whole issue IS political, so I'll take the support from whatever quarter it appears. We don't have to accept any trade-offs either...

I meant to ask him if there was a familial link. Old Wally was from different times....he used to take the train in to Welly everyday. My old man often sat beside him and chatted about shit (as you do). How many pollies do that nowadays?

Ha - true John ?
Nowadays they`d be squatting on the train sharing some Shit.........
or something else perhaps ( pollies that is ! ) :msn-wink:

Gixxer 4 ever
15th November 2009, 20:36
Rode HB-Palmy today. Road works north of Waipukurau were pretty well swept by traffic over the weekend. A bit lumpy in places but otherwise fine. Newbies may be warned about this stretch but shouldn't be worried. Heads up, bars loose, let the bike do as it will.

Underneath every road bike there's a dirt bike trying to get out :scooter:

Thanks for the heads up. We are looking at one group going main road and the rest going 50. Will explain at the rider briefing. Cheer and thanks

Conquiztador
15th November 2009, 21:57
Well done with the ride, Thought the riding was very well behaved. Looks like the Nats are planning to let it go private. Best wishes with the ride on Tuesday. Wish I could be there but working away this week

Yep, the ride was OK. I do have a dislike of bigger groups (antisocial bastard as I am), but apart from a couple of riders who clearly did not want to put up their hand when the question was asked: "Is there anyone here who does NOT know what staggered riding means?" as they could not damage their staunch look, all was well.

Today I did the HB Toy Run and it was totally different. The briefing was: "This is the car we be following, let's ride". We had police stopping the traffic so we could ride through red lights (nice!). but when we came to 50k areas there was riders coming past and filtering through. Scary!

Re the Nats. Yep, it is their intention. And nothing we say or do will change that. The only thing we can hope for is to get ACT and Maori Party against it. And whats the chance of that??? There is 2 years to go before we can have our say.

yungatart
16th November 2009, 07:11
Police support you say?
Interesting....

I am heading south today.
Please everybody, ride safely.
Keep your wits about you.
The :Police: are well aware of our rides, stay under the radar.
No tickets, no bins, and a successful showing on the steps of the Beehive

Let's roll and make some noise!!

wingnutt
16th November 2009, 10:37
Yep, the ride was OK. I do have a dislike of bigger groups (antisocial bastard as I am), but apart from a couple of riders who clearly did not want to put up their hand when the question was asked: "Is there anyone here who does NOT know what staggered riding means?" as they could not damage their staunch look, all was well.

Today I did the HB Toy Run and it was totally different. The briefing was: "This is the car we be following, let's ride". We had police stopping the traffic so we could ride through red lights (nice!). but when we came to 50k areas there was riders coming past and filtering through. Scary!

Re the Nats. Yep, it is their intention. And nothing we say or do will change that. The only thing we can hope for is to get ACT and Maori Party against it. And whats the chance of that??? There is 2 years to go before we can have our say.
Well I was one of the newbies who didn’t put my hand, and it wasn’t because of being bigheaded, it was because I wanted the experience of group riding before the wellington run,

I had done a bit of home work, had some idea, of what’s expected on a group ride so I thought, all was needed was to participate, put it all into practice. (yeh right)

It seems newbies weren’t being allowed to ride, with the ‘in crowd’ no we were singled out, to ride another route.

That left me feeling disappointed, and embarrassed about my inexperience, and I was not going to be singles out to ride my 1200cc bike in 3rd gear behind scooters all the way to Hastings.

The way I saw it that left no options for me to ride with a group, so I left pissed off with it all.

So I don’t blame inexperienced riders for joining the main group, if they felt like I did.

I rode the toy run, first time, and first group run, had a wonderful time, was blown away by the experience, and I thought the 200 riders behaved really well.

MSTRS
16th November 2009, 10:50
Excuse me? No-one said you had to go with the scooters. It was suggested that L-platers and the very inexperienced would be best going with them, simply because the group was small, they would be staying at low speeds and would be on 100kph roads for a minimum of distance.
As far as staggered riding is concerned, it is a safer way of riding in a group. If anyone had put their hand up to not knowing what it means, it would have been explained.
We did not want any accidents that with bit of planning could be avoided.
Anyway, if you are such a learner, what the hell are you doing on a Goldwing FFS?

Conquiztador
16th November 2009, 11:00
Well I was one of the newbies who didn’t put my hand, and it wasn’t because of being bigheaded, it was because I wanted the experience of group riding before the wellington run,

I had done a bit of home work, had some idea, of what’s expected on a group ride so I thought, all was needed was to participate, put it all into practice. (yeh right)

It seems newbies weren’t being allowed to ride, with the ‘in crowd’ no we were singled out, to ride another route.

That left me feeling disappointed, and embarrassed about my inexperience, and I was not going to be singles out to ride my 1200cc bike in 3rd gear behind scooters all the way to Hastings.

The way I saw it that left no options for me to ride with a group, so I left pissed off with it all.

So I don’t blame inexperienced riders for joining the main group, if they felt like I did.

I rode the toy run, first time, and first group run, had a wonderful time, was blown away by the experience, and I thought the 200 riders behaved really well.

Sorry you felt like that. But if you did do your homework, then you would have understood that there was 2 groups: One for scooters and bikes NOT able to do 100k/h and one for the rest. The "hands up" was in regards to if someone did not know what staggered riding was, nothing else.

On KB all this was clearly explained in this thread even, and in other places. Perhaps you need someone to check that you have done your homework... ;)

You coming to Welly tomorrow? If so, I will see you tomorrow morning and make a point of coming to say Hi.

MSTRS
16th November 2009, 12:00
Show of hands please....
Who would be available on Thursday 3 Dec to have a chat with Phil Goff?
I'll give details later. Just looking to get an idea of numbers.

pipson
16th November 2009, 12:08
Yes where?

MSTRS
16th November 2009, 12:16
Yes where?

Down boy....later.

Conquiztador
16th November 2009, 12:32
Show of hands please....

Count me in as long as we are not riding to far.

grusomhat
16th November 2009, 13:06
I'd be in for that.

wickle
16th November 2009, 13:20
Show of hands please....
if after 2pm

robertydog
16th November 2009, 13:56
http://www.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz/local/news/200-bikers-hit-hastings/3906485/

Nice

MSTRS
16th November 2009, 14:16
Choice. But typical that 2 half-hour interviews didn't result in anything but 'bikers protest levy rises'.
Watch for the NapierMail...we wrote that one.

NZsarge
16th November 2009, 14:18
Yep, very good! :niceone:

yungatart
16th November 2009, 14:49

The scooters/classic bikes DID ride in staggered formation...you could have had the experience of riding in a group that was small and comfortable and safe.
What am I ? Someone with ESP?
I'm supposed to know you don't have the experience and single you out for a bit of one on one tuition?
Dude, I was very visible...you know who gave that rider briefing...why didn't you seek me out and ask for some help?
The scooters were escorted by a scooter, a 750 and a 500. What is your problem...we aren't good enough for you to ride with?
As Mstrs says...what the hell are you doing riding a 1200 when you don't have experience....surely you should be on a 250.

Thanks for your support and help...glad you enjoyed the toy run.

wingnutt
16th November 2009, 15:14
Sorry you felt like that. But if you did do your homework, then you would have understood that there was 2 groups: One for scooters and bikes NOT able to do 100k/h and one for the rest. The "hands up" was in regards to if someone did not know what staggered riding was, nothing else.

On KB all this was clearly explained in this thread even, and in other places. Perhaps you need someone to check that you have done your homework... ;)

You coming to Welly tomorrow? If so, I will see you tomorrow morning and make a point of coming to say Hi.
Thanks for your reply if I did got the instructions wrong I apologise, yes I’m going to wellington, but will be on the road early.

wingnutt
16th November 2009, 15:37
The scooters/classic bikes DID ride in staggered formation...you could have had the experience of riding in a group that was small and comfortable and safe.
What am I ? Someone with ESP?
I'm supposed to know you don't have the experience and single you out for a bit of one on one tuition?
Dude, I was very visible...you know who gave that rider briefing...why didn't you seek me out and ask for some help?
The scooters were escorted by a scooter, a 750 and a 500. What is your problem...we aren't good enough for you to ride with?
As Mstrs says...what the hell are you doing riding a 1200 when you don't have experience....surely you should be on a 250.

Thanks for your support and help...glad you enjoyed the toy run.
Thanks for your reply if I did got the instructions wrong I apologise, but for one thing, in no part did I question anybodies ability ride, I would never do that, and you have no right to question my ability either, and its my business if I want to ride a 1200,

you have no idea of the story, behind this bike, and therefore, have no right to chastise me for riding it. Just for the record, I would not ride anything I couldn’t handle.

For me, riding is a constant learning curve,which I love, and the way I saw it, I wanted to join the protest, get the experience of group riding. The way I saw it, the instructions gave me neither.

However, as I said, if I got the instructions wrong, which I obviously did, then I unreservedly opologise.

Gixxer 4 ever
16th November 2009, 15:38

Hmmmm. Sorry you felt like that. There will be the option for two riding groups for the ride from Green Arena to Woodville tomorrow. One via the main road and one via HW50. If you want to ride with a group join us. You will get 4 hours of experience by the time you get to Wellington. With this one you will have all the experience you need to organise these rides. By then you can organise the next ride and I hope you don’t upset anybody. It would be nice to have new hands to do the work and let some of us older rider, just ride. Come along with the group in the morning.

I note we had no crashes. Could that be cos the thing was well organised?

yungatart
16th November 2009, 15:39
Apology accepted

Gixxer 4 ever
16th November 2009, 15:48
but for one thing, in no part did I question anybodies ability ride, I would never do that, and you have no right to question my ability either, .

I do not want to offend you but when you are the organizer of a ride you have to question the ability of the people you have along. If one rider gets in to somthin they can't handle it can be disastrous. I have worked with this crew organizing rides for a few years and I know, from experience that as an organizer you need to know. We will never win cos people growl about the fact that they couldn’t ride and others about the fact that they got in too deep and couldn’t cope. Lets, let this go and just get tomorrow out of the way. Welcome along and I don’t think anyone is attacking you personally. We react to things not as they are but as we are and in that we lose the perspective of things going on around us.

Cheers and I hope you decide to ride with us tomorrow. Ride safe.

McDuck
16th November 2009, 17:00
The first group ride i did was the wellington CC ride. it wasnt a problem and if you car concerned at all do what my flatmate did and just rode one back from me. it is not too hard and if you want it to happen it will.

GMcC
16th November 2009, 17:15
Show of hands please....

Possibly - I will have jus got back from Burt so could do

McDuck
16th November 2009, 17:49
Show of hands please....

Me Too... and flatmate... too....

wingnutt
16th November 2009, 18:45
Well, thanks for the invitation to join you but no thanks, I don’t like the idea of being split up, even though I completely understand why you do it for safety, ability etc. I feel it belittles and stifles confidence in the ability to improve.
However. That is just my humble opinion, and like you, I too don’t want to get into a slanging match, I respect your decisions, as I’ m sure you respect mine, which is to ride with no affiliations to any group.

I think along the way, I going to end up group riding anyway, which is just fine in fact I’m looking forward to it.

a save trip to you, and all.

wingnutt
16th November 2009, 18:47
I do not want to offend you but when you are the organizer of a ride you have to question the ability of the people you have along. If one rider gets in to somthin they can't handle it can be disastrous. I have worked with this crew organizing rides for a few years and I know, from experience that as an organizer you need to know. We will never win cos people growl about the fact that they couldn’t ride and others about the fact that they got in too deep and couldn’t cope. Lets, let this go and just get tomorrow out of the way. Welcome along and I don’t think anyone is attacking you personally. We react to things not as they are but as we are and in that we lose the perspective of things going on around us.

Cheers and I hope you decide to ride with us tomorrow. Ride safe.
Well, thanks for the invitation to join you but no thanks, I don’t like the idea of being split up, even though I completely understand why you do it for safety, ability etc. I feel it belittles and stifles confidence in the ability to improve.
However. That is just my humble opinion, and like you, I too don’t want to get into a slanging match,
I respect your decisions, as I’ m sure you respect mine, which is to ride with no affiliations to any group.

I think along the way, I going to end up group riding anyway, which is just fine in fact I’m looking forward to it.

McDuck
16th November 2009, 19:37
However. That is just my humble opinion, and like you, I too don’t want to get into a slanging match,
I respect your decisions, as I’ m sure you respect mine, which is to ride with no affiliations to any group.

All dew respect you lern in steps there is no point where you go from 'no' to 'yes'...

nana_mac
16th November 2009, 21:59
Good luck for tomorrow HB, ride safe the McIsaac Family thoughts are with you all. Looking forwarded to the news reports and photos. Take care and stay safe.

StoneY
16th November 2009, 22:14
Hey hey Hawkes Bay BIKEOI team

Thanks for all your doing and have done
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Ride safe, and look after Rick, he is an assett

;)

Wasp27
17th November 2009, 03:34
Hey hey Hawkes Bay BIKEOI team

Thanks for all your doing and have done
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Ride safe, and look after Rick, he is an assett

;)
Thanks, we certainly would ... if we knew who Rick was:confused:
The big day is here team.... let calmness prevail... RIDE SAFE
cheers W

Wasp27
17th November 2009, 03:38
All dew respect you lern in steps there is no point where you go from 'no' to 'yes'...
You said a mouthful there Ducky...and right on the money too, I might add:msn-wink: Cheers W