PDA

View Full Version : BIKEOI Waikato

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 09:07
Myself, and Carver have been nominated as regional coordinators

Please register you interest if you intend to join in.

based on numbers there maybe need to organise
a) a suitable meeting point
b) some form of accommodation on the way to wgtn
(I'll get ideas from Ixion about this I guess :) )
c) a "new rider" friendly grouping scheme :)

register you interest here please ... for date etc, see other threads.
I'll update date etc in this thread, when a decision has been made

Paul

if you don't have my cell number, and want it, either PM me, or ask around, a few people have it :)

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 09:14
oh .. and what about a local event?

Kevnz
18th October 2009, 12:35
Keen on a local event and then see what date the Welly one is on.

Quasievil
18th October 2009, 13:45

Paul

if you don't have my cell number, and want it, either PM me, or ask around, a few people have it :)

Carver as a Co-ordinator???

One event comes to mind..............Cheesecutter.

Whats the policey on Wheelies and dum shit in a group ride Carver ??
:rolleyes:

wysper
19th October 2009, 13:24
Count me in as long as it isn't stupid stuff.
Dont want to break the law.
Dont want to piss off regular drivers, it ain't their fault.
Most drivers are on our side at the moment - at least the ones I have talked to.

I will take days off for a ride during the week to welly if I can. Makes more impact than the weekend I reckon.

rideon
19th October 2009, 19:19
Depending on date , seriously wanna head to welly as well- in a well behaved manner...........don't need press for all the wrong reasons :2guns:

kASPer58
20th October 2009, 06:27
I'm watching with interest, the response of bikers to this half-witted action of poor management. I will be keen to participate in any local protest action/rally, and depending on the time, a ride on parliament.

ckai
20th October 2009, 07:52
Count me in as long as it isn't stupid stuff.
Dont want to break the law.
Dont want to piss off regular drivers, it ain't their fault.
Most drivers are on our side at the moment - at least the ones I have talked to.

I will take days off for a ride during the week to welly if I can. Makes more impact than the weekend I reckon.

Depending on date , seriously wanna head to welly as well- in a well behaved manner...........don't need press for all the wrong reasons :2guns:

Totally agree. I'll most probably take time off, maybe. Depends on the company :)

wysper
20th October 2009, 08:02
Totally agree. I'll most probably take time off, maybe. Depends on the company :)

oh ok, I can stay home then if that makes you feel better :2thumbsup::lol:

Murray
20th October 2009, 08:17

You decide and then I will decide (bike dependent)

TerminalAddict
20th October 2009, 09:10
I've just emailed this out to my contacts list:

Hi all,

Get vocal with a supporters T-Shirt
KiwiBiker (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz) and Quasimoto (http://qmoto.co.nz) have joined forces and are producing a supporters T-Shirt for the upcoming ACC levies protest rallies.

The online store can found here:
http://www.quasimoto.co.nz/products/acc-protest-t-shirts

I’ve ordered two (one with my internet name, TerminalAddict, on the front) and will be wearing it on the rallies

Support your local Waikato Rally
On October 31st (Saturday) Ulysses are holding a rally starting at Te Rapa road alley. The assembly will be around the two bike shops there (Road and Sport, and Boyd Motorcycles).
I, and Ulysses encourage you to turn up and show your support.
Ulysses are awesome event organisers, with huge experience in large motorcycle rallies, so this should be an excellent event !!!
Thanks very much to the local Ulysses branch for this.

The exact time of meeting and/or departure has not been decided, but book the 31st in your diaries, and I’ll see you there!

National Rally
The organisation of the National rally to Wellington is progressing well.
The date seems to be moving towards November 15th (Sunday).
As soon as I have a fixed date I will inform you all.
If the 15th is the date, I will organise a ride to Wellington on the Saturday.
Mom (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=7909 on Kiwibiker) has been kind enough to start collating accommodation ideas, and offers.
Check information here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=110370 if you need accommodation; or if you have an offer (even a place to put a tent) let me or Mom know.

BRONZ
Tomorrow night BRONZ are holding a meeting in Auckland; ACC levies will of course be a hot topic.
This is a public meeting so anybody can attend.
The details are:
7:30 pm . Rockridge Road, Penrose. The Place is called the Danish House. Parking out front.

This information was shared by the Chairman:
If there is a good attendance, the Chairman will be enforcing rather more of a formal meeting process than usual, just to stop things getting out of hand.

A few ground rules for said meeting may as well be played through now:

1. We all know it's evil and unfair. No point preaching to the choir. So, no speeches along those lines. (Just because of time constraints)
2. We all know that bike accidents are caused by cars. Or not. So unless you have evidence none of us know about, again, no preaching to the choir.
3. Personally, I'm receptive to direct action. But some degree of realism is required. So no explosives etc
4. What IS required is reasons WHY we shouldn't pay what ACC *claim* we cost. Factual. Specific. So if you know something, or you are good at crunching statistics, that might be useful.
5. If it does come to something formal, only financial paid up BRONZ members get to vote (though I wouldn't expect such formality).
6. We aren't going to convince the Government to abolish ACC, or totally change the way it operates. Politics is the art of the possible. So the chairman will cut short any discussions along such lines. Which includes philosophical debate on whether ACC should be privatised or not.

Internet discussion
There is lots of discussion going on at KiwiBiker here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108
Although a slight word of caution; if you are a sensitive person, who is easily offended, stay away :)

That is from me right now; expect a confirmed date for the national rally soon, and a start time for the local Ulysses rally.
I’ll see you on the 31st at R&S/Boyds

Paul.

ckai
20th October 2009, 13:23
oh ok, I can stay home then if that makes you feel better :2thumbsup::lol:

You decide and then I will decide (bike dependent)

:2thumbsup

I've just emailed this out to my contacts list:

Cheers mate, I'm in for the 31st and hopefully for the 15th. Gotta get some staggering numbers.

20th October 2009, 14:32
Interested, but depending on dates and if i can take time off work. Weekend would suit better tho.

Murray
20th October 2009, 15:08
6 laxed out riders so far! bah 7 now

Murray
21st October 2009, 08:31
oh .. and what about a local event?

Good morning Mr Addict - May I suggest that a flyer is done up and given to all bike shops and dealers to put on their shop windows advertising the 31 Oct protest. I was in Boyds yesterday and they have a flyer but no date and time or information and not really standing out that much.

I would include places like the scooter bar as scooter riders also should be involved as they portray the clean green energy efficient side of biking

TerminalAddict
21st October 2009, 08:54
Good morning Mr Addict - May I suggest that a flyer is done up and given to all bike shops and dealers to put on their shop windows advertising the 31 Oct protest. I was in Boyds yesterday and they have a flyer but no date and time or information and not really standing out that much.

I would include places like the scooter bar as scooter riders also should be involved as they portray the clean green energy efficient side of biking

done ;) t'is in the window of most shops

good point about the scooter bar!!!!

ckai
21st October 2009, 09:26
good point about the scooter bar!!!!

Are they're actually getting shagged for the most percentage increase. I reckon scooters should pay more but it's a fairly hefty jump from $60.

2 wheel madness
21st October 2009, 21:04

Paul

Im in for both (baby sitter dependant). We need to get as much support from all angles we can on this one, has anyone approched the bike shops for full window or even full shop front signage? backing from outfits like whites, pirrelli.... should be there via bike shops too, they make enough off us in the good times.
Big fuckoff tui banners on roadsides would be a nice touch if anyone has contacts..

TerminalAddict
21st October 2009, 23:03
right .. looks like its the 17th (Tuesday)

I'll confirm tomorrow, so people can book time off work

Quasievil
22nd October 2009, 07:09

Sweeeeet Road trip, you gys do the protest thing Im going to the irish pup in Taranaki st !

rideon
22nd October 2009, 16:21

Time off booked & approved .......4 days on the bike .....Bummer :2thumbsup

2wheeldrifter
24th October 2009, 08:36
So the start date is the 15th in which the top and lower parts of the country start making ther way to Welly.. right?

So are you guys heading off early Tuesday the 17th? I think the plan is to show up in Welly around midday - 1ish?

Any updates?

Murray
24th October 2009, 08:42
So the start date is the 15th in which the top and lower parts of the country start making ther way to Welly.. right?

So are you guys heading off early Tuesday the 17th? I think the plan is to show up in Welly around midday - 1ish?

Any updates?

Started a thread in laxed out social group seeing whose going down - local protest 31st (time and whatever to be advised by Mr addict). At this stage I'm looking at heading to Welly 16th. protest day 17th. Back 18th. Proba talk further about it Pub Meeting this Wednesday. PM SPAZM to join group

2wheeldrifter
24th October 2009, 08:45
Thanks Murray, Will follow that thread as well....

Murray
24th October 2009, 08:46
Thanks Murray, Will follow that thread as well....

Sorry just edited above post. send a pm to SPAZM asking to join LOR social group. That will give you access

2wheeldrifter
24th October 2009, 09:00
Ok Cheers for that! :Punk:

carver
24th October 2009, 11:04

come on quasi, lets keep this positve and bury the hatchet and focus on the task at hand

Quasievil
24th October 2009, 11:43
come on quasi, lets keep this positve and bury the hatchet and focus on the task at hand

What Hatchet?

Its going to be cool, Im going to be wreckless and get my crew to come along and make a menace of ourselves ,will be cool

QUASI FEW RULES :Punk:

carver
26th October 2009, 17:44

What Hatchet?

Its going to be cool, Im going to be wreckless and get my crew to come along and make a menace of ourselves ,will be cool

QUASI FEW RULES :Punk:

haha, you know the one...

cool, i will film it for you, and sell it to TV3

TerminalAddict
27th October 2009, 14:47
confirmed:
David Bennett MP will be speaking on Saturday

Waikato Commerce club
197 Collingwodd Street

Be there !!!!!

Murray
28th October 2009, 12:37
Bugger - looks like I will be on the wifes little bike this weekend for the protest - mine won't be ready until next week and then I have to do 1000kms and get the head tightened down before heading off to Wellington!

ckai
28th October 2009, 12:44
Bugger - looks like I will be on the wifes little bike this weekend for the protest - mine won't be ready until next week and then I have to do 1000kms and get the head tightened down before heading off to Wellington!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::buggerd:

That's gonna be one of the funniest things I'll see.

TerminalAddict
28th October 2009, 14:14
busy day for me:

I have done a radio interview with the radio network.
a telephone interview with the Waikato TImes
Organised a photo shoot with the Waikato Times for Friday's paper
Nagged The Rock radio station .. unsuccessfully
Conversed with the offices of Tim Macindoe MP, and David Bennett MP (they will both be attending on Saturday)

Looks like this be quite an event !!!

I should have sound bites on the radio all day tomorrow as well :woohoo:

carver
28th October 2009, 19:03
busy day for me:

I have done a radio interview with the radio network.
a telephone interview with the Waikato TImes
Organised a photo shoot with the Waikato Times for Friday's paper
Nagged The Rock radio station .. unsuccessfully
Conversed with the offices of Tim Macindoe MP, and David Bennett MP (they will both be attending on Saturday)

Looks like this be quite an event !!!

I should have sound bites on the radio all day tomorrow as well :woohoo:

would you like me to talk to backbeat?

crazzed
30th October 2009, 18:56
so what time at boyds???

Teflon
30th October 2009, 19:43
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-10-31&e=2204&c=1

carver
30th October 2009, 20:06
see you pussies there

FLUB
31st October 2009, 12:58
I don't know about others but I was a bit disappointed in the turnout for this. Somewhere just over 400 bikes, of which around 120 came up from Te Kuiti, Otorohanga and Te Awamutu. If these small rural towns can supply this many interested riders, I'm guessing others came in from other towns around the area, where was Hamilton? I know it was very nice weather for a ride elsewhere but it won't be so much fun when it costs $1000.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who gave their time to organising this event and to the MP's who had the balls to turn up (not such a good idea preaching the party line though). Unfortunately it looks like apathy still rules.

TerminalAddict
31st October 2009, 13:51
dude .. I said that out loud !!!!

NZers are apathetic !!! get off your arses

Kevnz
31st October 2009, 14:04
I got off my arse and went. Well organised and not to bad a turn out.
Nice BBQ sausage and drink. If you don't get out and do your bit
I suppose you can't complain if/when it goes through.

TerminalAddict
31st October 2009, 14:08
I got off my arse and went. Well organised and not to bad a turn out.
Nice BBQ sausage and drink. If you don't get out and do your bit
I suppose you can't complain if/when it goes through.

indeed .. big ups to those who turned out.

Thanks to the shops who promoted the event ... (I see you reading this thread greg !!! :) )

did anyone get pics? I didn't :(

Rcktfsh
31st October 2009, 15:20
Shame abouy the venue, tucked away out of sight. A group ride through town would have had much greater impact. The two National MP's are backbench nobodies who touted the party line, with the amount of bullshit he excreted I was suprised Bennet didn't slip over in it after talking could have resulted in an ACC claim.

carver
31st October 2009, 17:56
indeed .. big ups to those who turned out.

Thanks to the shops who promoted the event ... (I see you reading this thread greg !!! :) )

did anyone get pics? I didn't :(

pics coming man....

carver
31st October 2009, 18:13
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc3/15331_1067851835353_1797785424_139412_7044040_n.jp g

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs106.snc3/15331_1067852835378_1797785424_139423_5955285_n.jp g

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc3/15331_1067852875379_1797785424_139424_6865606_n.jp g

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc3/15331_1067852915380_1797785424_139425_6800024_n.jp g

here you guys go

ckai
31st October 2009, 18:18
haha classic shot of Warren.

Yeah it was a shame it wasn't taken to the streets in some way but it saying that the big one should get noticed.

Think of it this way though, if it does go through, imagine the shit we'll cause then :Punk:

klingon
1st November 2009, 07:23
That looks like a pretty good turnout to me! (Just from the pics) Good on you folks who turned up!

From Ulysses response in other parts of the country they were being very careful not to promote this a s a 'ride' because they are afraid that some people will do stupid things that will taint the whole issue. That will be why it was a "gathering" rather than a "protest ride" and didn't parade through the streets.

Keep it up, Waikato riders! Your voices will be heard! :woohoo:

Rcktfsh
1st November 2009, 11:34
That looks like a pretty good turnout to me! (Just from the pics) Good on you folks who turned up!

From Ulysses response in other parts of the country they were being very careful not to promote this a s a 'ride' because they are afraid that some people will do stupid things that will taint the whole issue. That will be why it was a "gathering" rather than a "protest ride" and didn't parade through the streets.

Keep it up, Waikato riders! Your voices will be heard! :woohoo:

Not convinced on the meek shall inherit the earth approach.

klingon
1st November 2009, 11:58

Yeah I don't agree either. Just saying it seems to be the Ulysses approach. BRONZ is advocating much more direct action and the BIKEOI team on here is taking it to the streets!

Remember, yesterday's events were Ulysses-organised. The rest of us are a little more exciteable. :wari:

TerminalAddict
2nd November 2009, 20:57
awesome coverage in the Times today !!!!

front page, plus full page of pics

Ixion
2nd November 2009, 21:06
Yeah I don't agree either. Just saying it seems to be the Ulysses approach. BRONZ is advocating much more direct action and the BIKEOI team on here is taking it to the streets!

Remember, yesterday's events were Ulysses-organised. The rest of us are a little more exciteable. :wari:

It's a fine line judging how confrontational to be.

Ulysses is taking a very conservative, don't rock the boat approach. Which probably sits well with them, it's hard to imagine Ulysses members not conforming.

BRONZ is taking a somewhat more aggressive line, but holding back until the 17th. Then we'll review

Between all of us, we should have a protest style to suit everyone.

TerminalAddict
2nd November 2009, 21:50

Ulysses is taking a very conservative, don't rock the boat approach. Which probably sits well with them, it's hard to imagine Ulysses members not conforming.

BRONZ is taking a somewhat more aggressive line, but holding back until the 17th. Then we'll review

And if MAGNZ ever get off the ground we'll doubtless see flames and explosions coming from every ACC office in the country.

MAGNZ .. explain?
is it something I should be alerting the press to?

edit: after finishing my Corona I figured it is the Motorcycle Action Group NZ :)
Definitely something I should get involved in :D

TerminalAddict
2nd November 2009, 21:58
I'm fairly proud of getting stuff in the Waikato Times over the last 10 days .. it's taken a fair bit of pressure on the editor :)

This would not have happened without the help of Ulysses; they have earned my respect this week, and then some !!!

Rcktfsh
3rd November 2009, 06:35
I'm fairly proud of getting stuff in the Waikato Times over the last 10 days .. it's taken a fair bit of pressure on the editor :)

This would not have happened without the help of Ulysses; they have earned my respect this week, and then some !!!

Extensive coverage so well done on whoevers responsible for that, was disapointed (I'm a moaning prick I know) with the congratulatory comments for the mp's for showing up. Showing up is their job, thats part of what WE pay them for. In reality whilst they showed up they also spun the standard nat acc bs, ie 10m collected pa in levies, acc broke etc....would have been more impressed with the organisers panning the representation they gave not saying good job old chap for showing up. These people are not our friends its time that was made clear to them along with the fact we are a considerable number of voters, enough so that a protest vote come next election by us can swing seats.

Murray
3rd November 2009, 09:23
So who's going to Welly???? I'm leaving 16th back 18th!

wysper
3rd November 2009, 09:25
Good work Terminal and all others working behind the scenes!!

Oscar
3rd November 2009, 09:31

Maybe the meek won't inherit the earth, but then the stupid won't either (and I'm thinking here of the heroes that started their straight pipe harley pieces of shit when people were talking).

We are already a marginalized group, and easy pickings for the politicians and media - why reinforce the public perception that we're dickheads?

TerminalAddict
3rd November 2009, 09:38
So who's going to Welly???? I'm leaving 16th back 18th!
me .. .down on the 16th back on the 17th

Ixion
3rd November 2009, 10:02
MAGNZ .. explain?

edit: after finishing my Corona I figured it is the Motorcycle Action Group NZ :)

No. No such group. Definately not anything to alert anyone to.

Just a confused old man.

The Flux Capacita
3rd November 2009, 13:33
hey just checking to see what day the march to parliament is? I'm keen to ride down the day before and ride back at the end of the day but just need confirmation on the dates...

TerminalAddict
3rd November 2009, 14:06
meeting at paraparaumu at 9am 17th, for arrival at 12 noon at parliment.

I'm headed down on the 16th with others, and staying in palmy

kb_SF1
3rd November 2009, 15:02
I'm in, bike is ready, good trip to Ackld today to have mapping changed. Down on 16 & back on 18th. :woohoo:

Toffee
3rd November 2009, 16:32
Excellent coverage in the Te Awamutu Courier tonight - the entire front page - good follow up from yesterday's Waikato Times coverage!!

http://www.teawamutu.co.nz/courier/archive/2009/2009-11-03.pdf

kb_SF1
3rd November 2009, 19:59
:bash: the submission has been sent without a response to the OIA request sent to ACC., mind you was not holding my breath.

If we want to make sure we are not shafted we have to play some of their game and a sub-mission is one way of being heard by those who will be making the recommendations.:whocares:

The Flux Capacita
4th November 2009, 09:30
i'm just gona call a mate and see if i can arrange accomadation for those days and i'm keen to ride down 16th back the 18th:)

kb_SF1
4th November 2009, 14:18
Well done Les, good market to influence. :rockon:

Link http://static.radionz.net.nz/assets/audio_item/0014/2117300/aft-20091104-1410-Bike_Rage-m048.asx

Oscar
4th November 2009, 15:01
Well done Les, good market to influence. :rockon:

I heard that was was impressed with Les, and also Jim Morars take on it.
Good work.

rideon
10th November 2009, 20:00
Depending on weather, thinking of heading out of welly after the protest towards the Naki , doing a backpackers somewhere after Wanganui & coming home via the forgotten highway - Ongarue valley Rd etc etc. Anyone keen to tag along?? SH1 would just suck for the trip home if weather good. Shouldn't be too hard finding a bed for the night being midweek n all. :ride:

wysper
13th November 2009, 20:43
No. No such group. Definately not anything to alert anyone to.

Just a confused old man.

Well if anything was to kick start it in NZ, this might.

2wheeldrifter
15th November 2009, 05:41
Anyone leaving on the morning of the 17th from the Waikato area and back on the same day?

TerminalAddict
18th November 2009, 21:54
Today's Waikato Times

We need to ensure the Government understands we are upset. We will keep rallying and spreading the word until the Government see 250,000 motorcyclists are not happy .. "

We have a number of disruptive actions that we can take part in .....
Today we come in peace but tomorrow might be a different story...

Sounds like this Paul guy, and this Brent guy are pissed ?!?!!? :D

kb_SF1
2nd December 2009, 18:57
A few of us having been part of the local protest meeting and the ride to Wgtn discussed what next in response to the acc board recommended levy increases at the Laxed Out Rides meeting tonight. :shit:

We counted the number we know from Hn that went to Wgtn to protest on two hands, so what next, lie down and accept the shafting, :no: not a chance!! More numbers are needed if we want to be taken seriously and make sure the increases are some thing we can live with.

You are all invited to a meeting at the Te Rapa Tavern in Hn on Staurday afternoon at 4:30 PM to discuss and plan what's next.

Why, cause we are not prepared to pay for others (acc's) incompentence and deceit.

Planning online tell everybody what's next included tricky dick and acc hence the face to face.

Terminal, if you are able to attend and help that would be great, and if Caver is not too distracted as well.

:soon:

carver
2nd December 2009, 20:13
A few of us having been part of the local protest meeting and the ride to Wgtn discussed what next in response to the acc board recommended levy increases at the Laxed Out Rides meeting tonight. :shit:

We counted the number we know from Hn that went to Wgtn to protest on two hands, so what next, lie down and accept the shafting, :no: not a chance!! More numbers are needed if we want to be taken seriously and make sure the increases are some thing we can live with.

You are all invited to a meeting at the Te Rapa Tavern in Hn on Staurday afternoon at 4:30 PM to discuss and plan what's next.

Why, cause we are not prepared to pay for others (acc's) incompentence and deceit.

Planning online tell everybody what's next included tricky dick and acc hence the face to face.

Terminal, if you are able to attend and help that would be great, and if Caver is not too distracted as well.

:soon:

I may be at a trials event, but i will see how it goes

TerminalAddict
2nd December 2009, 21:49
unable to attend sorry .. head down arse up .. last 3 weeks at uni

but keep me informed please :)

kb_SF1
8th December 2009, 21:40
The Wgtn guys are continuing to make an impact and got good coverage on TV3.
Anything on in the Waikato we can attend?, would need a good number 40/50 bikes to make the impact along with factual flyers to hand out.

Link to TV3 click here (http://www.3news.co.nz/Bikers-gatecrash-National-cocktail-party/tabid/368/articleID/132576/cat/17/Default.aspx)

Maha
2nd September 2010, 17:29

And if MAGNZ ever get off the ground we'll doubtless see flames and explosions coming from every ACC office in the country.

MAGNZ .. explain?

I noticed the original quote had been edited?
Fixed it!
But MAG-NZ is here TA